Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,788 members, 7,802,459 topics. Date: Friday, 19 April 2024 at 02:48 PM

Passed All Rounds Of Interview And Still Got Rejected. - Programming - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Programming / Passed All Rounds Of Interview And Still Got Rejected. (2666 Views)

Have Anybody Passed The Alx Program? Share Your Experience / Has Anyone Here Passed Toptal Screening Test Before? / Andela: Who Has Passed Stage 3 Of 44 Home Study Assessment? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Passed All Rounds Of Interview And Still Got Rejected. by ReactJs(m): 2:29pm On Jul 21, 2022
So guys on my quest for a 2nd remote job i wanted to share my experience interviewing for sort of a fintech company in the US called WalletHub and how you should manage your expectations until you've signed an employment document(even those get rescinded LOL!)

I'm not a person that gets disappointed easily because believe me life has taught me not to celebrate until i'm very sure i've gotten that thing but after passing i think about 5-6 rounds of interview and SPOKEN WITH THE CEO, i thought i've finally hit the jackpot o.

This whole process took OVER 1 MONTH.

First round was normal coding test which i passed, followed by a behavioural interview, followed by a technical interview, follow by about 3 or 4 finance/credit card/loans mathematical tests. omo i passed everything.

They asked for my salary, i said $60k p/a for a senior role without mincing words. HR said no wahala. HR was even telling me the brand of headphones to get for meetings and what not only for me to receive the shock of my life.

I was very confused and even thought of replying to cuss them out or something but i just overlooked.

Has anyone experienced this same thing?

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Passed All Rounds Of Interview And Still Got Rejected. by airsaylongcome: 2:59pm On Jul 21, 2022
Is this FTE or IC role? No matter how disappointed you are, always keep it classy and professional. You fit cuss dem shege for your house. But never on an email

3 Likes

Re: Passed All Rounds Of Interview And Still Got Rejected. by ReactJs(m): 3:09pm On Jul 21, 2022
airsaylongcome:
Is this FTE or IC role? No matter how disappointed you are, always keep it classy and professional. You fit cuss dem shege for your house. But never on an email

IC. yeah i figure it wasn't worth it. its one of those things.
Re: Passed All Rounds Of Interview And Still Got Rejected. by jesmond3945: 3:10pm On Jul 21, 2022
ReactJs:
So guys on my quest for a 2nd remote job i wanted to share my experience interviewing for sort of a fintech company in the US called WalletHub and how you should manage your expectations until you've signed an employment document(even those get rescinded LOL!)

I'm not a person that gets disappointed easily because believe me life has taught me not to celebrate until i'm very sure i've gotten that thing but after passing i think about 5-6 rounds of interview and SPOKEN WITH THE CEO, i thought i've finally hit the jackpot o.

First round was normal coding test which i passed, followed by a behavioural interview, followed by a technical interview, follow by about 3 or 4 finance/credit card/loans mathematical tests. omo i passed everything.

They asked for my salary, i said $60k p/a for a senior role without mincing words. HR said no wahala. HR was even telling me the brand of headphones to get for meetings and what not only for me to receive the shock of my life.

I was very confused and even thought of replying to cuss them out or something but i just overlooked.

sorry my brother. I think I replied you in the other thread. You will be shocked the reason they rejected you. It might be your skin colour, it might be they dont like you. You would also be shocked that the rounds you were given were not given to other candidates. The hiring process is broken and subjective. Why subject you through this rounds and they probably someone in mind. Sorry bro. We can see is not about leetcode or github but grace of God. I am also waiting for people who will blame you and say is your fault.
Re: Passed All Rounds Of Interview And Still Got Rejected. by Nobody: 3:15pm On Jul 21, 2022
ReactJs:

Chai, Omo I haven't started searching for remote work yet, but from these types of stories I'm already afraid cry

1 Like

Re: Passed All Rounds Of Interview And Still Got Rejected. by Nobody: 3:17pm On Jul 21, 2022
airsaylongcome:

What's that
Re: Passed All Rounds Of Interview And Still Got Rejected. by jesmond3945: 3:18pm On Jul 21, 2022
Think4Myself:

Chai, Omo I haven't started searching for remote work yet, but from these types of stories I'm already afraid cry
dont be afraid. Just prepare your mind. They system is broken and brutal. Thats why if you are doing tech do it for joy, money will come later.
Re: Passed All Rounds Of Interview And Still Got Rejected. by tensazangetsu20(m): 3:21pm On Jul 21, 2022
I really hate when companies put people through such rigorous processes and end up wasting your time. It's so annoying. I have also had a similar issue with a company in Denmark. They even sent me form for me to choose my laptop and were asking for my passport details to process relocation only to receive a rejection email later.

Well I am stoic Sha so my default expectation is always negative so nothing really moves me. I just hate the time investment

5 Likes

Re: Passed All Rounds Of Interview And Still Got Rejected. by tensazangetsu20(m): 3:29pm On Jul 21, 2022
jesmond3945:
sorry my brother. I think I replied you in the other thread. You will be shocked the reason they rejected you. It might be your skin colour, it might be they dont like you. You would also be shocked that the rounds you were given were not given to other candidates. The hiring process is broken and subjective. Why subject you through this rounds and they probably someone in mind. Sorry bro. We can see is not about leetcode or github but grace of God. I am also waiting for people who will blame you and say is your fault.

Story for the gods grin grin

5 Likes

Re: Passed All Rounds Of Interview And Still Got Rejected. by jesmond3945: 3:30pm On Jul 21, 2022
tensazangetsu20:

lol. Goodluck with that bro.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Passed All Rounds Of Interview And Still Got Rejected. by tensazangetsu20(m): 3:35pm On Jul 21, 2022
jesmond3945:
lol. Goodluck with that bro.

The good thing I like about tech is that the jobs are always there. It's just that a lot of us have high standards in some industries it's not like this at all. My uncle has over 10 years experience as a hse officer and he got laid off and I can't even get him an interview. I have helped him apply to over 200 jobs online. Not even a rejection mail talk less of an interview. if someone with ten years experience is suffering so much what is the fate of those with six months to a year of experience. No matter how bad things are in tech, I will always thank God for the industry cause its way worst outside.

19 Likes 1 Share

Re: Passed All Rounds Of Interview And Still Got Rejected. by airsaylongcome: 3:35pm On Jul 21, 2022
Think4Myself:

What's that

Sorry I should have been more explicit.

FTE: Full Time Employee
IC: Independent Contractor

FTE is more preferred but harder to get outside of the US

1 Like

Re: Passed All Rounds Of Interview And Still Got Rejected. by tosinhtml: 4:07pm On Jul 21, 2022
OP this advice is for you.

1 Like

Re: Passed All Rounds Of Interview And Still Got Rejected. by jbreezy: 4:40pm On Jul 21, 2022
Sorry man...reminds me of one tech blogger on youtube tho, seeking to get employed by google...passed all interviews just to get rejected because there was no department available for him.

2 Likes

Re: Passed All Rounds Of Interview And Still Got Rejected. by chukwuebuka65(m): 5:11pm On Jul 21, 2022
60k per annum, 5000k per month , 2.5M per month. Too much money.
Re: Passed All Rounds Of Interview And Still Got Rejected. by qtguru(m): 5:39pm On Jul 21, 2022
Sometimes it's cheaper to relocate someone else than a Nigerian, the hassle is too much unless the company cannot find a replacement, it's not always you. Get used to it, it happens alot, easier if you were outside the country.

5 Likes

Re: Passed All Rounds Of Interview And Still Got Rejected. by jesmond3945: 8:23pm On Jul 21, 2022
tensazangetsu20:

The good thing I like about tech is that the jobs are always there. It's just that a lot of us have high standards in some industries it's not like this at all. My uncle has over 10 years experience as a hse officer and he got laid off and I can't even get him an interview. I have helped him apply to over 200 jobs online. Not even a rejection mail talk less of an interview. if someone with ten years experience is suffering so much what is the fate of those with six months to a year of experience. No matter how bad things are in tech, I will always thank God for the industry cause its way worst outside.
tech, the last hope of the common man

1 Like

Re: Passed All Rounds Of Interview And Still Got Rejected. by Sheriman(m): 8:57pm On Jul 21, 2022
Think4Myself:

I have so many kinds of this story.. it so pathetic why are they doing this for goodness sake. Is it a crime for being black or come from Africa?? Despite people passing their interview
Re: Passed All Rounds Of Interview And Still Got Rejected. by Sheriman(m): 9:00pm On Jul 21, 2022
chukwuebuka65:
60k per annum, 5000k per month , 2.5M per month. Too much money.
E no easy to get the job like that oooo na money you dey think
Re: Passed All Rounds Of Interview And Still Got Rejected. by Deicide: 9:06pm On Jul 21, 2022
Did they state why in the rejection mail?
Re: Passed All Rounds Of Interview And Still Got Rejected. by techWriter3: 9:16pm On Jul 21, 2022
fable for the deities
Re: Passed All Rounds Of Interview And Still Got Rejected. by Capslock01: 9:30pm On Jul 21, 2022
jesmond3945:

I believe this is not about skin colour or likeness!

If it's not relocation, because it's easier relocating someone from other countries.

Then it is ----

Reactjs said he was asked about salary structure and he said $60k per annum. So I'm believing someone else that also passed the rigorous interview process must have said something lower maybe $40k P/A or something less than what he quoted. Then the company decided to move on with the other person.

I have had similar experience with a company, myself and one other lady were hired to get something done on contract. I charged $10 per hour while the other lady charged $25 per hour even when the lady is an American. She was dropped after 2 weeks and her milestones were re-allotted.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Passed All Rounds Of Interview And Still Got Rejected. by LikeAking: 9:47pm On Jul 21, 2022
U no b oyibo na?

Ur pay day will come.

Relax.

U dey even find second remote job, when some no get one.

May God bless ur village people.
Re: Passed All Rounds Of Interview And Still Got Rejected. by LikeAking: 9:51pm On Jul 21, 2022
jesmond3945:

Pastor!

We coders don't believe in grace, etc.
Sorry!
Re: Passed All Rounds Of Interview And Still Got Rejected. by chukwuebuka65(m): 10:15pm On Jul 21, 2022
LikeAking:

Pastor!

Sorry!

Bros speak for yourself.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Passed All Rounds Of Interview And Still Got Rejected. by LikeAking: 10:40pm On Jul 21, 2022
chukwuebuka65:

Bros speak for yourself.

If u believe, then u no b coder.

Sorry!
Re: Passed All Rounds Of Interview And Still Got Rejected. by tosinhtml: 1:59am On Jul 22, 2022
LikeAking:

If u believe, then u no b coder.

Sorry!

You're probably new to this industry or maybe just 2 years in, you believe that by being the best leetcoder will get you the best jobs. While this could be true, it could just be suffering without smiling because It doesn't guarantee that you will get the job. That you pass an interview doesn't mean you will get the job. The hiring manager needs to look at your situation all round to make a decision. That's where luck comes in.
Re: Passed All Rounds Of Interview And Still Got Rejected. by Djamel(m): 5:49am On Jul 22, 2022
tensazangetsu20:

It's morning now,so good morning tensazangetsu20. Can we talk on WhatsApp....l'd really appreciate it
Re: Passed All Rounds Of Interview And Still Got Rejected. by emmaodet: 7:20am On Jul 22, 2022
tosinhtml:
OP this advice is for you.

Your quote is meant for me.

I applied to many companies abroad this year and my mind was in the saudi arabia job.
They had interviewed me and did alot in the process yet the job kept stalling. This is a job have been pursuing since last year November but all of a sudden, a new vacany came in april, i didn't take it serious at all because my mind was in the saudi job.
Funny enough, i got this job within 1 month.
Life is really very funny.

4 Likes

Re: Passed All Rounds Of Interview And Still Got Rejected. by jesmond3945: 7:25am On Jul 22, 2022
Capslock01:

I believe this is not about skin colour or likeness!

If it's not relocation, because it's easier relocating someone from other countries.

Then it is ----

Reactjs said he was asked about salary structure and he said $60k per annum. So I'm believing someone else that also passed the rigorous interview process must have said something lower maybe $40k P/A or something less than what he quoted. Then the company decided to move on with the other person.

I have had similar experience with a company, myself and one other lady were hired to get something done on contract. I charged $10 per hour while the other lady charged $25 per hour even when the lady is an American. She was dropped after 2 weeks and her milestones were re-allotted.
there are several reasons bro. You just mentioned one.A big exec in charge of Uk net zero was giving a talk and someone asked what is the criteria he looks out for when hiring? He answered, after work I like to go for a pint. Qed. If you know you know.
Re: Passed All Rounds Of Interview And Still Got Rejected. by jesmond3945: 7:27am On Jul 22, 2022
LikeAking:

Pastor!

Sorry!
Goodluck with that.
Re: Passed All Rounds Of Interview And Still Got Rejected. by LikeAking: 9:31am On Jul 22, 2022
tosinhtml:

You're probably new to this industry or maybe just 2 years in, you believe that by being the best leetcoder will get you the best jobs. While this could be true, it could just be suffering without smiling because It doesn't guarantee that you will get the job. That you pass an interview doesn't mean you will get the job. The hiring manager needs to look at your situation all round to make a decision. That's where luck comes in.

Getting a job is a lesser option for me. The must important thing is to become a guru.

Nigerians we love to spoil thing with our mindset.

It's better I am a guru and no job.

U no go understand Sha.

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

What Are Gumroad Alternatives Available For Nigerian ? / Insert Image Into Mysql / Tutorials For Mobile App Development

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 77
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.