Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,561 members, 7,809,046 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 09:45 PM

Richard Mille Unveils World's Thinnest Wristwatch, Costs ₦1.1 Billion (Photos) - Fashion (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Fashion / Richard Mille Unveils World's Thinnest Wristwatch, Costs ₦1.1 Billion (Photos) (83215 Views)

Quality RICHARD MILLE Watches At Very Affordable Prices / Photo Of Gucci Shoe Lace That Costs N2.3 Million Goes Viral, Nigerians React / You’re Not Allowed Buy This Luxury Wristwatch Unless You Buy A FORD GT Supercar! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Richard Mille Unveils World's Thinnest Wristwatch, Costs ₦1.1 Billion (Photos) by Transcriber: 8:41pm On Jul 22, 2022
Gandollar:
Ok.

Wear your ileke and add Redeem church band to it too.

But stay out of conversations about watches.
I am not a Christian

Why trying a stupid attempt to gaslight?
What has Ileke and redeem band to do with this? Huh?

I'm awaiting the pic grin
Re: Richard Mille Unveils World's Thinnest Wristwatch, Costs ₦1.1 Billion (Photos) by Transcriber: 8:42pm On Jul 22, 2022
Gandollar:
How do you spot a fake Rolex from a picture?

Abeg getat
I dey wait the pic cheesy
Re: Richard Mille Unveils World's Thinnest Wristwatch, Costs ₦1.1 Billion (Photos) by INDUSTRIALFAN(m): 8:46pm On Jul 22, 2022
Explorers:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=d4XSCmOdEMU

Swiss luxury brand Richard Mille is known for pushing technical limits with its watches.

Now, the company has taken the title for maker of the world's thinnest mechanical watch.

The new RM UP-01 collaboration with Ferrari packs a full working movement into a case just 1.75mm thick.

https://www.businessinsider.com/richard-mille-ferrari-watch-is-worlds-thinnest-2022-7?r=US&IR=T#the-new-watch-is-made-from-grade-5-titanium-that-is-harder-stronger-and-40-lighter-than-steel-6
for 1.1billion, the straps should be made of the skin from the pussay of an 18th century stripper not rubber.
Re: Richard Mille Unveils World's Thinnest Wristwatch, Costs ₦1.1 Billion (Photos) by masseratti: 9:00pm On Jul 22, 2022
SlyfoxxjReturns:

It’s not obsolete. Glancing at your wrist to check the time is much faster, convenient and even more professional in some settings than pulling out your phone from your pocket to do so. Also in sports, exams and other events where checking/keeping time is essential but phones are not allowed.

I do agree that spending THIS amount on a wristwatch is mental.
same thing was said about a pocket watch, when l the first wristwatch was made for Queen Elizabeth the first.... wrist watch is obsolete.. thats why I ge truth... same secs it will take you to look at your wrist... you already on your phone most of the time spending a billion naira on that is insane.
Re: Richard Mille Unveils World's Thinnest Wristwatch, Costs ₦1.1 Billion (Photos) by Nobody: 9:09pm On Jul 22, 2022
Transcriber:
I dey wait the pic cheesy
@gandollar you're quoting asked you a simple question which is; "what's the position of Rolex watches in the pyramid of luxurious Swiss brands(something like that)? " and uptil now, you still haven't answered.

It's best you just stop commenting cluelessly.
From you guys conversations, it's crystal clear you're a novice to @gandollar when it comes to wristwatches so just rest.
Re: Richard Mille Unveils World's Thinnest Wristwatch, Costs ₦1.1 Billion (Photos) by enoch273: 9:14pm On Jul 22, 2022
This timepiece is a work of art, but in times like these rewarding opportunities such as the next titan entrepreneurial Reality show are what we need.

Re: Richard Mille Unveils World's Thinnest Wristwatch, Costs ₦1.1 Billion (Photos) by Transcriber: 9:19pm On Jul 22, 2022
Felixamos:

@gandollar you're quoting asked you a simple question which is; "what's the position of Rolex watches in the pyramid of luxurious Swiss brands(something like that)? " and uptil now, you still haven't answered.

From you guys conversations, it's crystal clear you're a novice to @gandollar when it comes to wristwatches so just rest.
who is this?
And what's your business with this conversation?

You can help her provide the picture
Re: Richard Mille Unveils World's Thinnest Wristwatch, Costs ₦1.1 Billion (Photos) by Nobody: 9:23pm On Jul 22, 2022
masseratti:
same thing was said about a pocket watch, when l the first wristwatch was made for Queen Elizabeth the first.... wrist watch is obsolete.. thats why I ge truth... same secs it will take you to look at your wrist... you already on your phone most of the time spending a billion naira on that is insane.

It’s not the same thing sir. Not even close. Again I can agree with your on spending ridiculous amounts on a wristwatch (as with any other clothing item for that matter) but not on the necessity of a wristwatch. Those are two separate arguments.

You didn’t answer the questions I raised about scenarios where carrying a phone is not allowed or appropriate. In sports, will a football referee carry his phone to keep time? Will a scuba diver carry his phone underwater too? If you’re writing an exam or written interview where phones are not allowed how do you check time? If you’re in a business meeting or giving a talk at a seminar do you know how unprofessional it looks to take your phone out to look at time?

What about when you’re driving or doing any other activity that requires both hands and full concentration? Is it safer to glance at your wrist or pick your phone out of your pocket to check time then? For ladies that tend to keep their phones in their handbags because they wear dress with no pockets - does it take more or less time to glance at their wrist than to prowl through their bags for their phones every time they need to check time?

Also don’t forget that wristwatches these days do much more than tell time. Some advanced watches can monitor your blood pressure, pulse and your heart rate while exercising. You can receive notifications from your phone on your watch incase you are not with it.

Bro a wristwatch is more than just a fashion item or accessory. Of which people still spend ridiculous amounts on pure accessory items like necklaces and jewelry. So what will you say about those ones?
Re: Richard Mille Unveils World's Thinnest Wristwatch, Costs ₦1.1 Billion (Photos) by Niswayne19: 10:22pm On Jul 22, 2022
You can get African number 1 best smart watch at a affordable rate today.

Re: Richard Mille Unveils World's Thinnest Wristwatch, Costs ₦1.1 Billion (Photos) by Nobody: 10:56pm On Jul 22, 2022
Ishilove:

Guy forget. Is it not to check time again?? My 5k wristwatch is serving me well
This is a chronic poverty mentality. Be free from this demon called poverty!
Re: Richard Mille Unveils World's Thinnest Wristwatch, Costs ₦1.1 Billion (Photos) by Gandollar(f): 11:22pm On Jul 22, 2022
Transcriber:
I am not a Christian

Why trying a stupid attempt to gaslight?
What has Ileke and redeem band to do with this? Huh?

I'm awaiting the pic grin
LoL
Re: Richard Mille Unveils World's Thinnest Wristwatch, Costs ₦1.1 Billion (Photos) by Gandollar(f): 11:23pm On Jul 22, 2022
Felixamos:

@gandkollar you're quoting asked you a simple question which is; "what's the position of Rolex watches in the pyramid of luxurious Swiss brands(something like that)? " and uptil now, you still haven't answered.

From you guys conversations, it's crystal clear you're a novice to @gandkollar when it comes to wristwatches so just rest.
Transcriber is an Agbadorian, ignore the cretin.

1 Like

Re: Richard Mille Unveils World's Thinnest Wristwatch, Costs ₦1.1 Billion (Photos) by extrankie: 11:38pm On Jul 22, 2022
Gandollar:
That's if they know the value.
Even if, they may never find a buyer willing to pay more than 50k for it.

abi make den sell am 5k waka
boys no get joy oh

1 Like

Re: Richard Mille Unveils World's Thinnest Wristwatch, Costs ₦1.1 Billion (Photos) by Transcriber: 1:25am On Jul 23, 2022
Gandollar:
Transcriber is an Agbadorian, ignore the cretin.
I am not an agbadorian

Are you grin
Re: Richard Mille Unveils World's Thinnest Wristwatch, Costs ₦1.1 Billion (Photos) by Tundex911: 4:06am On Jul 23, 2022
Investment
Re: Richard Mille Unveils World's Thinnest Wristwatch, Costs ₦1.1 Billion (Photos) by Gandollar(f): 4:37am On Jul 23, 2022
extrankie:

abi make den sell am 5k waka
boys no get joy oh
cheesy
Re: Richard Mille Unveils World's Thinnest Wristwatch, Costs ₦1.1 Billion (Photos) by Nobody: 7:27am On Jul 23, 2022
Flattest or thinnest sad undecided
Re: Richard Mille Unveils World's Thinnest Wristwatch, Costs ₦1.1 Billion (Photos) by Enyimbamercedes: 7:37am On Jul 23, 2022
Transcriber:
you should google Zimbabwean dollar value before you embarrass yourself

1 billion naira is big money all over the world, currency has nothing to do with it

And my point is “big money” is a function of the value the currency has. Do you understand sir? About 10 years ago, 1 billion naira was equivalent to 6.6m dollars today the same 1 billion naira is 1.5m dollars. Who knows, tomorrow 1 billion naira may only get you 500,000 dollars. So before you bask in your perceived intelligence, understand basic economics that the value of any currency doesn’t rely on word million or billion or trillion, rather it lies in what it can buy. To break it down simply, if the watch costs 1.5 million dollars today equivalent to your seemingly hoooge 1 billion naira, tomorrow you will need 1.3 billion naira to buy the same watch which is still fixed at 1.5m dollars! So in your puny mind, you will say the watch is getting more expensive but in actual fact your Naira is just getting weaker against other currencies.

The end
Re: Richard Mille Unveils World's Thinnest Wristwatch, Costs ₦1.1 Billion (Photos) by Transcriber: 8:55am On Jul 23, 2022
Enyimbamercedes:

And my point is “big money” is a function of the value the currency has. Do you understand sir? About 10 years ago, 1 billion naira was equivalent to 6.6m dollars today the same 1 billion naira is 1.5m dollars. Who knows, tomorrow 1 billion naira may only get you 500,000 dollars. So before you bask in your perceived intelligence, understand basic economics that the value of any currency doesn’t rely on word million or billion or trillion, rather it lies in what it can buy. To break it down simply, if the watch costs 1.5 million dollars today equivalent to your seemingly hoooge 1 billion naira, tomorrow you will need 1.3 billion naira to buy the same watch which is still fixed at 1.5m dollars! So in your puny mind, you will say the watch is getting more expensive but in actual fact your Naira is just getting weaker against other currencies.

The end
Same as the USD
Its value 10 years ago is more than the value now, you don't need to type all these grammar

Money being a lot has zero to do with currency, you don't just have the capacity to accept your mistake, 1.1 billion naira is a lot everywhere, whether naira has gone down or not

Have a nice weekend
Re: Richard Mille Unveils World's Thinnest Wristwatch, Costs ₦1.1 Billion (Photos) by Dksmile: 9:41am On Jul 23, 2022
Can the so call watch carry me go past and future if now make the watch fly. Next!
Re: Richard Mille Unveils World's Thinnest Wristwatch, Costs ₦1.1 Billion (Photos) by Enyimbamercedes: 10:10am On Jul 23, 2022
Transcriber:

Same as the USD
Its value 10 years ago is more than the value now, you don't need to type all these grammar

Money being a lot has zero to do with currency, you don't just have the capacity to accept your mistake, 1.1 billion naira is a lot everywhere, whether naira has gone down or not

Have a nice weekend

Thank you
Re: Richard Mille Unveils World's Thinnest Wristwatch, Costs ₦1.1 Billion (Photos) by Ishilove: 1:34pm On Jul 23, 2022
nijaomegacode:

This is a chronic poverty mentality. Be free from this demon called poverty!
Ose. Internet billionaire

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Richard Mille Unveils World's Thinnest Wristwatch, Costs ₦1.1 Billion (Photos) by masseratti: 5:59pm On Jul 23, 2022
SlyfoxxjReturns:

It’s not the same thing sir. Not even close. Again I can agree with your on spending ridiculous amounts on a wristwatch (as with any other clothing item for that matter) but not on the necessity of a wristwatch. Those are two separate arguments.

You didn’t answer the questions I raised about scenarios where carrying a phone is not allowed or appropriate. In sports, will a football referee carry his phone to keep time? Will a scuba diver carry his phone underwater too? If you’re writing an exam or written interview where phones are not allowed how do you check time? If you’re in a business meeting or giving a talk at a seminar do you know how unprofessional it looks to take your phone out to look at time?

What about when you’re driving or doing any other activity that requires both hands and full concentration? Is it safer to glance at your wrist or pick your phone out of your pocket to check time then? For ladies that tend to keep their phones in their handbags because they wear dress with no pockets - does it take more or less time to glance at their wrist than to prowl through their bags for their phones every time they need to check time?

Also don’t forget that wristwatches these days do much more than tell time. Some advanced watches can monitor your blood pressure, pulse and your heart rate while exercising. You can receive notifications from your phone on your watch incase you are not with it.

Bro a wristwatch is more than just a fashion item or accessory. Of which people still spend ridiculous amounts on pure accessory items like necklaces and jewelry. So what will you say about those ones?
i hear you.. you ve made your point.
Re: Richard Mille Unveils World's Thinnest Wristwatch, Costs ₦1.1 Billion (Photos) by damayfoli: 11:08am On Jul 25, 2022
Hello, ROLEX is a real masterpiece, the best work of watchmakers. This brand is created for those who have made a fortune by their own mind. The price of watches is directly related to innovative technological developments and the work of expensive first-class watchmakers. A lot also depends on the decoration of the watch, for example, all diamond rolex have a higher price.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

The Best Of 'senator' Wears Made In Aba, Nigeria / I Can't See My Hand, I Can't See My Breast - Lady Tackles Anambra Tailor / Best Cream And Soap For A Chocolate Skinned Lady

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 38
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.