Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,491 members, 7,808,812 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 05:15 PM

How Do People Survive On 30k Per Month Salary In Nigeria - Career (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Career / How Do People Survive On 30k Per Month Salary In Nigeria (44004 Views)

Salary Earners: How Far Did Last Month Salary Take You This Month? / See Someone's Salary In Kogi State - Photos / How I Lost My Dream Job Without Collecting 1 Month Salary - Meme Collection (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (21) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: How Do People Survive On 30k Per Month Salary In Nigeria by perfecta1(m): 8:53am On Jul 23, 2022
A
Re: How Do People Survive On 30k Per Month Salary In Nigeria by JooEeL(m): 8:54am On Jul 23, 2022
beyondPen:

So true until dey cherish true freedom fighters and we follow them to the end.
But our people are not ready yet. Same old politicians using the divide and rule tactics.

Thank God you didn't say they should follow Obi

Leave them. They are waiting for people will commiserate with them in their poverty and misery. These are the same idiots always supporting the political idiots that brought them to where they are today.

If you find a chance, never spare them. Insult their lives in their poverty! Why?

because many of these same people are those who mocked Sunday Igboho and Nnamdi Kanu. Some of them wished for the death of both, especially Kanu. Now the same idiots are now complaining of how 30k ($70) is not enough for them to survive in a whole month...

Their suffer neva start. They will suffer and d suffering will be passed on to their children cos d world moves and waits for no fool! D poverty most zoogerians complain of is the perfect reward for the mass idiocy u find in d nigerian space.

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: How Do People Survive On 30k Per Month Salary In Nigeria by beyondPen(m): 8:54am On Jul 23, 2022
JooEeL:

You need a revolution, not another low-paying job..

Its your mates in Sri Lanka that have taken the bull by its horn.

All of una for Liegeria na to dey go church and mosque na only wetin una sabi. Lazy bunch always waiting for God or luck to grant them greener pasture.

Una suffering neva start.

Exactly what I have been preaching a revolution but they want to support because of religion which is our major problem. Tribalism isn't cos it's a virtue as someone said.

2 Likes

Re: How Do People Survive On 30k Per Month Salary In Nigeria by OBUA12345: 8:56am On Jul 23, 2022
It's not easy for me with 30k salary, not just me alone but with my daughter too, God is so faithful through this year's, school fees, rent transport, bills, sometimes family challenge, the most miraculous thing is that will don't get sick. It's miracle my guys

7 Likes

Re: How Do People Survive On 30k Per Month Salary In Nigeria by Ketchup908: 8:57am On Jul 23, 2022
Bledriel:

I have work from home opportunity she can get engaged in and earn 60,000 Naira per month. Refer her to me

Am also interested in this cause am presently job hunting.
Re: How Do People Survive On 30k Per Month Salary In Nigeria by AtikuOkowa: 8:57am On Jul 23, 2022
Americafighter:
I pity people working for government ooo I spend over 200k weekly and still managing

They're very amazing

As if one must work for government.
Re: How Do People Survive On 30k Per Month Salary In Nigeria by Patriotic9ja(m): 8:57am On Jul 23, 2022
JooEeL:

See this one. He is already squeezing his fist to fight with me and will leave the politicians that have made lack and misery his portion.

See his name "Patriotic9ja". No wonder you are part of those caught in the discussion of oppression and pain. You don't know your problem yet, pls pass.

I won't trade words with you. But instead of abusing and mocking people who you think are suffering just because you think you are better than them. You should show empathy, by encouraging, rendering helping hand, and proffering solutions. For your mind now you are richer than everyone here on NL. You can go through my profile, I have always shown support and generosity even here on NL. You are worst than the so called politicians. And I know you are very poor mentally, emotionally, financially, and physically. So keep quiet

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: How Do People Survive On 30k Per Month Salary In Nigeria by ibechris(m): 8:58am On Jul 23, 2022
WhatCanIsay:

The way some of you reason. That person in Nigeria working at 30k job gives more time to the job than some people earning 300k. Is he/she to create more hours in the day in order to do 2 more jobs?

People should just be hoping to be lucky in life, because at the end of the day it's not about certificate, intelligence or qualifications.

There is a book called pareto principle...it demystifies every thing u need to know about work.

Like for me now,I earn alot but I just put in 5% of effort in my work and the rest na history.

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: How Do People Survive On 30k Per Month Salary In Nigeria by JooEeL(m): 8:58am On Jul 23, 2022
SmartyPants:

What happened in Sri Lanka will happen in Nigeria eventually. Sri Lankans have been suffering all along but they didn't rise up until now. And that is because they were pushed to the wall.

Eventually when starvation becomes the reality for the majority of Nigerians -- which is coming if we continue like this for the next 2 years, then Nigerians too will revolt.

Which nigerians will revolt? Do you know that instead of revolt, some hausas were found eating grass in the north? With all the invasion of Fulani terrorists, do u know the Hausas are okay with living in the IDP camps as long as they get that their small wretched shelter, along with some small foods and water? Do u know the same is ongoing in Benue as we speak? There are IDP camps all over d place and sometimes d terrorists go in there to kill them in their silly tents, yet how many are able to rise up?

Or is it the stupid southerners who love sex and are as well brainwashed religious zealots that will do the uprising? Why wait for 2 years, so ure telling me what is currently obtainable in Nigeria is not yet enough for some pushback?

You are overestimating these people.

6 Likes 2 Shares

Re: How Do People Survive On 30k Per Month Salary In Nigeria by DonBenny77(m): 8:59am On Jul 23, 2022
Mehn it's a miracle.
Thank God season go soon start make sapa kill person
Re: How Do People Survive On 30k Per Month Salary In Nigeria by Nobody: 8:59am On Jul 23, 2022
iykbethany:

With this high cost of living, how do people survive on 30k per month salary in Nigeria �?

I mean from this meagre salary, you pay for your transportation to and from work, rent, utilities, medicals, food etc

It's a simple question. Most survive through "Deception, Scamming, Manipulation, Stealing, Oloshoism, Just to mention a few. Some survives on side hustles like "Farming, Trading, Affiliate Marketing, Dropshipping et all but unfortunately the Former Is very rampant. For example, In a government parastatal, A staff might be on a 50k salary and he/she would have built Two Duplex with exotic cars. How do you think most of them were able to pull that? Only Private Organization employees suffer the fatality of the economy except there are ways to Cut corners In their own Firms too..

4 Likes

Re: How Do People Survive On 30k Per Month Salary In Nigeria by bukatyne(f): 9:00am On Jul 23, 2022
AmazingELixir:

The security personnel at work in one of our project site...I keep asking them that ...their response has always been " its God oh" those guys task the living day light out of me.

My people take it from me...Nigerians are suffering as in people are seeing hell on earth in this country.

@bold:

Hits the nail on the head.

That's how low income earners survive especially in 'high cost' areas.

Someone said he earns N20k monthly & pays N3k rent/mth.

That would be a very low cost area & he might be able on survive on his salary if he lives very very close to his job/has free transportation & food is very cheap there.

Then we look at Education, healthcare facilities and other things.

It is really sad.

1 Like

Re: How Do People Survive On 30k Per Month Salary In Nigeria by chatinent: 9:02am On Jul 23, 2022
Omo, anyone who survives on N30k monthly could be a good financial advisor.

5 Likes

Re: How Do People Survive On 30k Per Month Salary In Nigeria by ufotty2001: 9:03am On Jul 23, 2022
yetmao:
As an accountant I resigned because 100k is too little for me.
go and do ICAN so that u can earn a bigger salary
Re: How Do People Survive On 30k Per Month Salary In Nigeria by bukatyne(f): 9:03am On Jul 23, 2022
gregng:

U are just extravagant in spending... What u withdrawal wasn't for food consumption but to solve prolem.

Probably u gave ur gf some, u eat out especially fuel ur car and drink alot of beer with isiewu

N50k a week is extravagant?

Do you know his standard of living or bills he has to pay?

You think N50k would give girlfriend, eat out a lot, fuel car & visit bar a lot in this economy?

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: How Do People Survive On 30k Per Month Salary In Nigeria by ibechris(m): 9:03am On Jul 23, 2022
beyondPen:

Exactly what I have been preaching a revolution but they want to support because of religion which is our major problem. Tribalism isn't cos it's a virtue as someone said.

U see majority of these people shouting 15k salary or whatever u are reading here.

They will still vote massively to those who are oppressing them because of tribe,religion and funny as it may seem 5k vote and still come back to tell us how Buhari or Atiku disappointed them.

80% Nigerian problem is caused by these group of people.

11 Likes 3 Shares

Re: How Do People Survive On 30k Per Month Salary In Nigeria by Diligent1(f): 9:03am On Jul 23, 2022
It is not easy, especially for us that have children, my daughters can still drink water to endure for sometime but my son can't hide his hunger he will be shouting from outside that he is hungry

5 Likes

Re: How Do People Survive On 30k Per Month Salary In Nigeria by bonnyhope: 9:03am On Jul 23, 2022
heykims:
Poverty doesn't kill.
If u find urself in that position today earning 30k monthly, u wont die before the end of the following month.
Afterall, many are jobless and are still living.

Abi o

1 Like

Re: How Do People Survive On 30k Per Month Salary In Nigeria by shantti(m): 9:05am On Jul 23, 2022
Nozino:
I find it very hard to believe that people earn just 30k/month. The only reasonable explanation would be that they are very young people with no responsibilities, do not pay rent and transportation ( Their work place maybe close to their home).

Are you aware that a lot of people are even jobless and are earning nothing. They depend on borrowing. A good paying job is hard to find

2 Likes

Re: How Do People Survive On 30k Per Month Salary In Nigeria by remzytimer: 9:05am On Jul 23, 2022
Put it on the Lord's table...
Re: How Do People Survive On 30k Per Month Salary In Nigeria by spiceadole: 9:06am On Jul 23, 2022
I honestly wonder how low income earners survive in Nigeria.

I was earning about 300K yet it was so little, I had to japa few years ago

4 Likes

Re: How Do People Survive On 30k Per Month Salary In Nigeria by Angelfrost(m): 9:06am On Jul 23, 2022
After reading several comments, I can conclusively say most Nigerians are terribly suffering yet majority of them are yet to really come to terms with their situation.

Some of you even call managing and frugality life!

Almost everyone is living below the standard he or she lived before APC took over Nigeria... This is undeniable! Yet many of you want to return APC and PDP back to power!

What a country of hardy fools!

7 Likes

Re: How Do People Survive On 30k Per Month Salary In Nigeria by bukatyne(f): 9:06am On Jul 23, 2022
Coldie:
Find a shop become close to the seller and start buying things on credit. When ur money big too much pack out run .

They do this is Nigeria a lot

Interesting.

And they don't think that they would wreck the seller this way?
Re: How Do People Survive On 30k Per Month Salary In Nigeria by KalioPeter: 9:06am On Jul 23, 2022
Clintifydan:

Is she in rivers state.. i feel like helping out.. thank you

please you can help me. I'm in Rivers State, from Rivers State too
Re: How Do People Survive On 30k Per Month Salary In Nigeria by dorox(m): 9:06am On Jul 23, 2022
daniel5711:
Mine is 17k, my wife will be put to bed by september. To pay tithe is a problem cos of the meagre pay.
Must you have a child now? Growing your family in the midst of severe economic hardship severely reduces your ability in taking actions that can pull you out of poverty. Why can some people not wait to sort themselves out before getting married, or having kids?

8 Likes 3 Shares

Re: How Do People Survive On 30k Per Month Salary In Nigeria by Okobola146: 9:08am On Jul 23, 2022
The major reason Mynd44 no get my time
Re: How Do People Survive On 30k Per Month Salary In Nigeria by Jeboy(m): 9:08am On Jul 23, 2022
Ask same people that are caught up in this mess of failed leadership to do their bits to help d system, they will be supporting failed leaders. I just think the suffering has not reached its pinnacle, maybe then we will learn to do the right thing. When we say you should vote for Peter Obi, it's not just for an igbo man to rule but so you as part of Nigeria can be hopeful because he is the most competent and understand how vulnerable Nigeria is so he is most prepared to take us out of the woods. But my poor peaple will not get sense, they will sleep at home on elections day, do nothing against the failed system, some will even help install another failure. When body touch us we go learn to act right.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: How Do People Survive On 30k Per Month Salary In Nigeria by JooEeL(m): 9:08am On Jul 23, 2022
Patriotic9ja:

I won't trade words with you. But instead of abusing and mocking people who you think are suffering just because you think you are rich (by spending 50k a week). You should show empathy, by encouraging, rendering helping hand, and preferring solutions. For your mind now you are richer than everyone here on NL. You can go through my profile, I have always shown support and generosity even here on NL. You are worst than the so called politicians. And I know you are very poor mentally, emotionally, financially, and physically. So keep quiet

Do you know me personally? Do you know what Ive done? I've tried empathy and it does not work... especially on Nigerians who kind of tend to reason backwardly. Empathy does not necessarily mean love. D painful truth must be delivered raw, especially with a bit of mockery. I'm learning to try something different, whether lack of empathy mixed with a bit of mockery will wake most of the sleeping people up.

Did you know the missionaries who came to give una d bible, were showers of empathy? But again did you know they were the soft enforcers of the subjugation many of us are in today? Do you know they gave tips to their fellow armed white intruders on which towns had the strongest men, ready for resistance to invasion etc. They were working hand in hand with them. After the Brits had wounded a lot, the missionaries will build one useless hospital and treat a few and some of the brainwashed people in town will say 'Oh, these people are showing empathy'.

There are British eye-service societies in the North East now providing first aid kits, make-shift tents for Boko Haram victims. Why don't they come out boldly and tell the whole world that Britain made a mistake in joining dangerously ethnically divers people together and thereby fostering terrorism? Anyway, why am I disturbing myself? If u were in the North East, you'll probably be saying they are "showing you empathy", and me telling you the hard truth will become your enemy instantly. I know you black nigerians very well. You like to fight those who tell u d truth, just like what Kanu and Igboho are suffering today. It is d same black people that will betray them to the enemies while others will mock. Anyway, una suffering neva start.

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: How Do People Survive On 30k Per Month Salary In Nigeria by tehilah92(f): 9:08am On Jul 23, 2022
dorox:

Two daughters on 25k? That is so messed up. I would not even contemplate having a child on that kind of income not to talk of two children. I consider it an act of loving kindness to only bring kids into the world when you are ready and equipped to become a parent.

And when is the right time?
Life is full of ups and down my dear, it wasn't like this from the beginning

1 Like

Re: How Do People Survive On 30k Per Month Salary In Nigeria by bukatyne(f): 9:09am On Jul 23, 2022
sekem:

Loans.

Loans have been saving a lot of people.

How do you pay back without the intent to default?

1 Like

Re: How Do People Survive On 30k Per Month Salary In Nigeria by Okobola146: 9:09am On Jul 23, 2022
daniel5711:
Mine is 17k, my wife will be put to bed by september. To pay tithe is a problem cos of the meagre pay.
you still dey pay tithe to feed that your pastor?

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: How Do People Survive On 30k Per Month Salary In Nigeria by ConsultFenty(m): 9:09am On Jul 23, 2022
He always will❤️
BusinessPlan22:

Survived with 20k monthly... Paid rent and tithe from it, hard but God came through

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (21) (Reply)

Chicken Republic Female Security Officer Dances On Duty / ICAN 2013 May Diet / Corporate Barber In Tie At His Work Place. Pictures

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 53
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.