Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,587 members, 7,809,123 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 12:08 AM

Easy Ways To Identify Intelligent People - Education (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / Easy Ways To Identify Intelligent People (53813 Views)

How Can You Identify Intelligent People? / 8 Personality Traits Of Highly Intelligent People (backed By Science) / 5 Things Highly Intelligent People Do Differently (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Easy Ways To Identify Intelligent People by Benwallt(m): 10:30pm On Jul 23, 2022
Shedrill:

He didn't say intelligent people ask 14 questions in 0.6 sec

No be Lamborghini OP de talk about
They vomited the questions I guess
Re: Easy Ways To Identify Intelligent People by karkinase(m): 10:31pm On Jul 23, 2022
Funny thread grin
Re: Easy Ways To Identify Intelligent People by onojaford(m): 10:34pm On Jul 23, 2022
Fairview1:
Intelligent people are naturally curious people. They ask you questions upon questions.

When you answer, they ask you more. When you start using big words, they ask for clarification. When they can’t understand anything you’re saying, they ask for you to explain it to them as if they were a five-year-old.

When you say something intriguing, they write it down in their notebook or phone.
These people are not naturally more intelligent. They’re better learners which makes them more intelligent.

Why do they learn better? They’re genuinely curious and ask questions from a humble standpoint. I’ve met billionaires who’ve said, “explain it to me as if I were a five-year-old.”

This simple phrase has changed my life when it comes to learning. As soon as you stop asking questions, you stop learning. As soon as you stop writing down ideas, you forget them.

The hardest part of becoming intelligent is not bullshitting yourself about what you know; it’s being humble enough to ask questions. If you can do this, then people will see you as intelligent, too.

Let's hear from you, how do you personally identify intelligent people when you see them?

A truly intelligent person (at his full or half potential) knows so many unrelated things. They also have a vast vocabulary (as a rule of thumb); so as you mention an obscure word, a truly intelligent person will almost know it. What is intelligence even? What you are nailing as intelligence, is not intelligence. It is called "Openness." And oh yes, it is a trait of intelligence but not as pivotal as your post asserts. Basely, intelligent has to do with how one processes information, and connect meaningful dots within a miraculous time frame or however. Intelligence is also different from learning, just as it is variable. One person may have literary intelligence, while another may have musical intelligence, or mathematical intelligence, while they are deficit in other areas. The overall kind of intelligence, which I suppose is what you meant, is gross intelligence - which can be called, "Common Sense." One may be high in common sense, but is not learned in any special field of knowledge. Potentially, they will learn faster and as well, if they are exposed because of the common sense they are endowed with.

Intelligence in its gross form, is what Common Sense is.

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: Easy Ways To Identify Intelligent People by Heterodox(m): 10:34pm On Jul 23, 2022
If you can form your own view you're intelligent

2 Likes

Re: Easy Ways To Identify Intelligent People by aribisala0(m): 10:40pm On Jul 23, 2022
Johnlegacy57:

Intelligence means Capacity of mind, especially to understand principles, truths, facts ormeanings, acquire knowledge, and apply it to practice; the ability to learn and comprehend.
By the above definition the effective way of accessing if someone is intelligence is academic brilliance
Is this definition from the UN security Council or the Bible?
It is an empty definition
What is academic brilliance? Does this include memorizing the Quran.
In West Africa we were largely illiterate before colonization now we are here online. Are we more intelligent than our ancestors who gave us the Ifa Corpus handed down over generations with no writing?

We have a lot to thank our ancestors for.
If there was no language how long would it take to get to where we are now. I do not mean to be rude to you but a fundamental thing in intelligence is to admit that you do not know.The moment you start spouting answers with strong conviction you show yourself as a good learner and not a thinker.
What I know is there is no satisfactory definition of intelligence. Everything you say is what I would expect from an undergraduate mind that is used to learning by uploading and downloading

2 Likes

Re: Easy Ways To Identify Intelligent People by KristaPretty(f): 10:45pm On Jul 23, 2022
A highly intelligent person does not need to take book and pen everywhere to jot down things, it shows they are not intelligent afterall.

An intelligent person listens to understand, not to write.

Additionally I would get pissed off if you claim to be intelligent and ask me a million and one questions or to explain to you like a 5year old child. I would take it that you are too dumb to READ AND RESEARCH

You are not intelligent afterall.

4 Likes

Re: Easy Ways To Identify Intelligent People by Akerele44(m): 10:47pm On Jul 23, 2022
Snapchat:
They are not Obidense.

This one na vawulence oooo
grin

U don know them say dem dense for brain
Re: Easy Ways To Identify Intelligent People by Johnlegacy57: 10:50pm On Jul 23, 2022
aribisala0:
Is this definition from the UN security Council or the Bible?
It is an empty definition
What is academic brilliance? Does this include memorizing the Quran.
In West Africa we were largely illiterate before colonization now we are here online. Are we more intelligent than our ancestors who gave us the Ifa Corpus handed down over generations with no writing?

We have a lot to thank our ancestors for.
If there was no language how long would it take to get to where we are now. I do not mean to be rude to you but a fundamental thing in intelligence is to admit that you do not know.The moment you start spouting answers with strong conviction you show yourself as a good learner and not a thinker.
What I know is there is no satisfactory definition of intelligence. Everything you say is what I would expect from an undergraduate mind that is used to learning by uploading and downloading
Bro your argument is baseless. A part of the definition says 'acquire knowledge' the type of knowledge was not specified. And mind you, everything learnable is academic.
Re: Easy Ways To Identify Intelligent People by jaxxy(m): 10:50pm On Jul 23, 2022
aribisala0:
Depends on WHO is defining intelligence. What is analysis? What does that mean. What is critical level thinking? Those are just words. The question is does literacy change intelligence. What changes when we become literate? Intelligence or something else?
You cannot impose your notion or concept of intelligence on the world.
What is of value in one era or society might not be in another
Without an agreed definition of intelligence which is impossible across cultures , we would be going round in circles.
I wonder whether you have ever studied intelligence either at undergraduate or post graduate level. Have you read the experiments with the Kpelle in Liberia

For me intelligence indicates the ability to use cognitive attributes to solve social problems
Often this involves "creative" breakthroughs which happen not just in music but in science and these are generationally incremental e.g
We got the mobile phone then added cameras, microphones etc
We got the week thousands of years before it was put on a shopping trolley .
Are we more intelligent that our caveman ancestors? I do not believe that

Intelligence must be graded or it is meaningless. Everybody possess the ability to be intelligent bt not all will put that ability to use. This is the fact of life.

Yes some of our ancestors are more intelligent than some of us now with mobile phones because of the level of understanding they were able to get and apply to was above their generation and birth evolution and civilization of mankind.

Intelligence is not by copying or cramming without understanding analysing and improving.

Ur level of improvement is ur level of Intelligence not necessarily what u simply learn or copy.

1 Like

Re: Easy Ways To Identify Intelligent People by CanadaOrBust: 10:51pm On Jul 23, 2022
Fairview1:

Let's hear from you, how do you personally identify intelligent people when you see them?

You forgot to define “intelligent”. Example is Davido intelligent always coming up with hit songs? How about Ben Enwenwu coming up with great sculptures? China Achebe great novels. Are they intelligent?

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Easy Ways To Identify Intelligent People by bbyby01: 10:51pm On Jul 23, 2022
Intelligent people understand concepts easily and don't ask so much questions like idiots.
Re: Easy Ways To Identify Intelligent People by Nobody: 10:52pm On Jul 23, 2022
Justkatty:
Someone saying intelligent people don't talk much iffa hear
The most intelligent in my house, doesn't give a damn whether you're sleeping or not, she'll continue talking.
Funny enough we all begged her to read law
But now, aunty is a civil Engr.

Some intelligent people work together with their mouth always wanting to say something.
Civil engineer? Obviously she is not intelligent enough.
Re: Easy Ways To Identify Intelligent People by Nobody: 10:55pm On Jul 23, 2022
Seankhalifa:
U guys should stop all dis capping... one of the most intelligent and smart guy I know he talk alot and smart die..... y I say he is intelligent. He is one of the best student In secondary school and best graduating student in uni.. abu. Engineering... y I say he is smart.. the guy don't work and his very rich at home with out doing anything illegal.... trading crypto forex and other investment.. dis guy is a billionaire in naira... dis liv u can be quite and doll as 4k..
You mentioned one person and you felt you have demolished years of study, obviously there is always an outlier.
Re: Easy Ways To Identify Intelligent People by Inosky(m): 10:56pm On Jul 23, 2022
Intelligent people are curious people; they are high thinker, creative and calculative as well.

2 Likes

Re: Easy Ways To Identify Intelligent People by Nobody: 10:57pm On Jul 23, 2022
aribisala0:
There are so many kinds of intelligence , Not one.
e.g . some people are very good at reading people and interacting with people whilst others have intelligence that shines in abstract or solitary activity e.g in a laboratory.
Ever met an "intelligent" person who cannot clean his flat or manage his finances?
You say you have met Billionaires . Se you dey whine us ni?

Anyway being a billionaire is not necessarily about intelligence but common sense. They are not the same thing.
So citing a billionaire as intelligent is wrong. Billionaires generally have more drive ,determination, focus and goal with aruthless mindset often.
Many "intelligent" people do not have common sense.
The ability to do the right thing at the right time or not to procrastinate is reflective of personality traits that are more important than "intelligence" and such people often end up having more intelligent people working for them
Native Wisdom over "intelligence" any day.

Many thing in life are simple and straightforward e.g go to bed early, wake up early , do not smoke , do not drink do not have sex with strangers without a condom , control your temper, mind how you talk etc but somehow many "intelligent" people never learn them and sometimes seem to be on a path of self destruction.
Finally the attribute of cunning is something many intelligent people never master .

Study the lives of
Henry Ford
Andrew Carnegie

Is there no intelligent person in this country? Why are you referring us to some white propaganda US folks?
Re: Easy Ways To Identify Intelligent People by Freelancerx: 10:58pm On Jul 23, 2022
They have at least one Oraimo accessory. Be like na their trademark grin
Re: Easy Ways To Identify Intelligent People by Nobody: 10:58pm On Jul 23, 2022
Sheyilola:
Intelligent people are mostly reserved, inquisitive, outstanding and they don’t give up on tackling any problems that comes their way

Intelligent and smart... being only intelligent is not the key in today's world. A smart person is more of a problem solver.
Re: Easy Ways To Identify Intelligent People by Simplyvic18(m): 10:59pm On Jul 23, 2022
From my point of view
Most intelligent folks are reserved and introverted.
They have many depth of knowledge in their disposal in abundance.
They are apt listeners and rarely speaks or talk except with a familiar figure.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Easy Ways To Identify Intelligent People by Clint02(m): 10:59pm On Jul 23, 2022
Houston8:
Being intelligent is of two type,
1. The vocal kind of intelligent
2. The reserve kind, so it depends which ever ways the person posses his/her own IQ.
What of me the reserved type, trying to become vocal. How do you think I go about that?
Re: Easy Ways To Identify Intelligent People by Nobody: 10:59pm On Jul 23, 2022
KelvinCoaster:

What kind of 'wallet'?
Skin.
Re: Easy Ways To Identify Intelligent People by Nobody: 11:04pm On Jul 23, 2022
CanadaOrBust:

You forgot to define “intelligent”. Example is Davido intelligent always coming up with hit songs? How about Ben Enwenwu coming up with great sculptures? China Achebe great novels. Are they intelligent?

David doesn't write songs...he pays writers and then enter the studio.
Re: Easy Ways To Identify Intelligent People by indigenous234(f): 11:04pm On Jul 23, 2022
christm386:
Lol, anyways, learning fast is not a product of being genuinely curious, some people don’t just care, yet they understand perfectly, I think it comes with gene, and most talkative are intelligent.. I think being wise is better than being intelligent and sharp, if u don’t understand this statement yet, then calm down, u will soon

Bros, this your sharp comment suppose carry fullstop at the end. Make people weh wise for they see am well. If u don't understand this statement yet, then calm down, u will soon.

Na street get the OT.

Puffs some high-grades.................

1 Like

Re: Easy Ways To Identify Intelligent People by aribisala0(m): 11:04pm On Jul 23, 2022
jaxxy:

Intelligence must be graded or it is meaningless. Everybody possess the ability to be intelligent bt not all will put that ability to use. This is the fact of life.

Yes some of our ancestors are more intelligent than some of us now with mobile phones because of the level of understanding they were able to get and apply to was above their generation and birth evolution and civilization of mankind.

Intelligence is not by copying or cramming without understanding analysing and improving.

Ur level of improvement is ur level of Intelligence not necessarily what u simply learn or copy.
Your opinions
.Sound like a religious sermon uncompromising and all knowing, impervious to dissent. You need to cultivate intellectual humility
My position is I do not really know what intelligence is, I have studied it for decades at a high level and I still do not know what it is.
We tend to judge by output. But output may be "poor" for so many reasons that have nothing to do with intelligence eg. motivation, mood, drive, temperament

What I do know is that there is no universal agreement on what intelligence means
How do we grade intelligence in a person who only speaks Yoruba?

I believe everyone is intelligent in different ways and many extrinsic and intrinsic factors influence output
Re: Easy Ways To Identify Intelligent People by Nobody: 11:04pm On Jul 23, 2022
LienwaltAbel:

IQ tests are trash.
They are not.
Re: Easy Ways To Identify Intelligent People by Perocom(m): 11:05pm On Jul 23, 2022
Fairview1:
Intelligent people are naturally curious people. They ask you questions upon questions.

When you answer, they ask you more. When you start using big words, they ask for clarification. When they can’t understand anything you’re saying, they ask for you to explain it to them as if they were a five-year-old.

When you say something intriguing, they write it down in their notebook or phone.
These people are not naturally more intelligent. They’re better learners which makes them more intelligent.

Why do they learn better? They’re genuinely curious and ask questions from a humble standpoint. I’ve met billionaires who’ve said, “explain it to me as if I were a five-year-old.”

This simple phrase has changed my life when it comes to learning. As soon as you stop asking questions, you stop learning. As soon as you stop writing down ideas, you forget them.

The hardest part of becoming intelligent is not bullshitting yourself about what you know; it’s being humble enough to ask questions. If you can do this, then people will see you as intelligent, too.

Your caption, in my opinion, should have been"How to identify wise people" because I feel being wise is different from being intelligent, I associate intelligence with been smart. You can be smart and intelligent but not wise. In American movies, the boss is usually some one with lots of intelligence and smartness and most times very powerful, but the "actor" is some one with wisdom and usually wins at the end. Just trying to separate intelligence from wisdom.

3 Likes

Re: Easy Ways To Identify Intelligent People by Nobody: 11:07pm On Jul 23, 2022
Heterodox:
If you can form your own view you're intelligent
No matter how ridiculous or morally bankrupt it is, yeah you are intelligent.
Re: Easy Ways To Identify Intelligent People by Nobody: 11:08pm On Jul 23, 2022
KristaPretty:
A highly intelligent person does not need to take book and pen everywhere to jot down things, it shows they are not intelligent afterall.

An intelligent person listens to understand, not to write.

Additionally I would get pissed off if you claim to be intelligent and ask me a million and one questions or to explain to you like a 5year old child. I would take it that you are too dumb to READ AND RESEARCH

You are not intelligent afterall.
You are clearly a dumbass.

1 Like

Re: Easy Ways To Identify Intelligent People by HRSweetness(f): 11:09pm On Jul 23, 2022
christm386:
Lol, anyways, learning fast is not a product of being genuinely curious, some people don’t just care, yet they understand perfectly, I think it comes with gene, and most talkative are intelligent.. I think being wise is better than being intelligent and sharp, if u don’t understand this statement yet, then calm down, u will soon

I agree. It is wiser to pursue wisdom rather than intelligence. Intelligence can get you in certain places, but wisdom will keep you there and take you farther.

2 Likes

Re: Easy Ways To Identify Intelligent People by Nobody: 11:09pm On Jul 23, 2022
CanadaOrBust:

Talent defers from intelligence young man.
Re: Easy Ways To Identify Intelligent People by VULCAN(m): 11:12pm On Jul 23, 2022
Who was there to confirm that your great grandmother slept with your great grandfather?

Yet it happened or you wouldn't be here.

It is the outcome that we can see that we use to unveil what happened before we came.

All these dinosaur fossils that scientists claim are a million years old. From studying the bones they can tell so many things about the life the creatures lived

Sadly, That you asked this question shows that you are not intelligent sef!

solofresh:
Honestly have been asking this questions and I have got no answer on it.lf nobody was there to confirm that God created the earth in six days?
Then how do we come up with that?
It simply means the Bible is somewhat frictional and not true

2 Likes

Re: Easy Ways To Identify Intelligent People by CanadaOrBust: 11:12pm On Jul 23, 2022
AmongUs:

Talent defers from intelligence young man.

So define intelligence for us and teach us why it is not a talent, old man

1 Like

Re: Easy Ways To Identify Intelligent People by Nobody: 11:13pm On Jul 23, 2022
bbyby01:
Intelligent people understand concepts easily and don't ask so much questions like idiots.
This is not about class room settings, the more you know the more you realise you don't know anything, so at any opportunity you would want to ask more questions but is that the end of it? No, you go home and make more research.

You don't just sit down and listen like an idiot and been afraid that asking questions would make you look like a dumb ass.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply)

Why Does A Dead Body Float In Water, While A Live Body Sinks? / Is Adeleke University, Ede The Most Beautiful Private University In Nigeria? / The Pathetic State Of The First Primary School In Nigeria -video

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 64
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.