Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,420 members, 7,808,511 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 12:52 PM

My Girlfriend After Checking Her HIV Status Told Me This - Health (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / My Girlfriend After Checking Her HIV Status Told Me This (61769 Views)

Zimbabwean Man Discovers His Wife Has Been Hiding Her HIV Status / Rivers State Nurse Talks About Her HIV Patients, Nigerians Call For Her Sack / Can An HIV Negative Woman And Her HIV Positive Partner Conceive Naturally? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: My Girlfriend After Checking Her HIV Status Told Me This by Oceanblaze(m): 7:31am On Jul 24, 2022
brightest5050:
Send her to a government hospital you both do the test.

Avoid sex with her by all means
this one na medicine after death
Re: My Girlfriend After Checking Her HIV Status Told Me This by hikiki(m): 7:41am On Jul 24, 2022
Chai....am sure u don lap her with CDs wella! Bunlge her go run test sharply else u no go see her agian soon
Re: My Girlfriend After Checking Her HIV Status Told Me This by richnsexy25: 7:41am On Jul 24, 2022
Baba dey calm down...most general hospitals don't give that result....if you are clean you are told verbally but if the case is different then you are asked to follow them(counseling begins)....even some private hospitals do it at the entrance of their hospitals(NGO sponsored i guess)....Do no stress yourself....if your aren't still convinced though...request you both go there together.

2 Likes

Re: My Girlfriend After Checking Her HIV Status Told Me This by spiceadole: 7:49am On Jul 24, 2022
karkinase:
Nuthing to worry about…She’s clean.. a person who got a news she’s HIV positive can never smile @ that instance. #pure psychology

Obviously, you are a novice.
HIV is not a death sentence.
The girl could be living with it, and she knows,compliant with medications as well.
Why won't she smile?

People that can sit opposite a doctor and laugh when you ask them about their HIV status.. They can even tell you they just checked the previous day and they are Negative.. meanwhile, they are actually positive and have been on ARVs for years.
Re: My Girlfriend After Checking Her HIV Status Told Me This by Nobody: 7:50am On Jul 24, 2022
RenerdLiam:

She is Positive.
they don't give results everywhr, get your information right.

1 Like

Re: My Girlfriend After Checking Her HIV Status Told Me This by Phcmayor(m): 7:51am On Jul 24, 2022
Kem
Re: My Girlfriend After Checking Her HIV Status Told Me This by fotadmowmend(m): 7:53am On Jul 24, 2022
Fadafada231:
Please guys is there anything like involuntary HIV test in a government hospital? I sent my GF to the hospital to check her status and she came back told me with smile on her face that she is negative, I demanded to see the result but she said they didn't give it to her.

I asked her why? She replied me that the man told her that the receipt of the result can't be given to her because it's involuntary test. Hmmm local man is confused
She no go anywhere.... Make una go together go do am .... You self must do
Re: My Girlfriend After Checking Her HIV Status Told Me This by SweetDipBenny(m): 7:56am On Jul 24, 2022
Fadafada231:

Thanks, I did mine in a private hospital a week ago which I was given my result. Planning of taking her to other government hospital for confirmation of her status.
Good, do that.. I dont think she did d test. She's scared. We all scared grin
Re: My Girlfriend After Checking Her HIV Status Told Me This by ManAustin(m): 7:59am On Jul 24, 2022
I want to believe the reason u cajoled her to take the test was because you want to step up in the relationship o, as in you want to marry her o. No be to dey have both voluntary and involuntary sex with person daughter without long time plans. Immorality is condemnable before God and before man, your body and her body is where the good Lord should make His abode o, marry her first and sex her all you want, it's that simple.

1 Like

Re: My Girlfriend After Checking Her HIV Status Told Me This by amliftedhigher: 8:03am On Jul 24, 2022
Fadafada231:
Please guys is there anything like involuntary HIV test in a government hospital? I sent my GF to the hospital to check her status and she came back told me with smile on her face that she is negative, I demanded to see the result but she said they didn't give it to her.

I asked her why? She replied me that the man told her that the receipt of the result can't be given to her because it's involuntary test. Hmmm local man is confused
Yes. There is. I have gone to a general hospital for it and after they finished the test I was told to go that I am OK. When I requested for written result, they decline to give it to me but I was there when they conducted the test

1 Like

Re: My Girlfriend After Checking Her HIV Status Told Me This by Fadafada231(m): 8:06am On Jul 24, 2022
supereagle:

The two of you should go and submit for test, go there together to collect the results . I have done it in government hospital twice and my results given to me. I have seen people who did it there too, the results given to them. You paid for it. It is your property. Egbekiniwa it is own.

She didn't pay for the test, it was free I think that's why
Re: My Girlfriend After Checking Her HIV Status Told Me This by awalate: 8:08am On Jul 24, 2022
Your girlfriend is very right.
In most government hospitals, the result can only be given to you, when the doctor requested for your HIV status. That's when the patient complaints are complicated. That will help the doctor to know the type of illness the patient is battling with, and the type drugs that he/she will prescribe for the patient.
But if it's other way round, the laboratory personnel can only tell you your status and counsel you.
Re: My Girlfriend After Checking Her HIV Status Told Me This by Fadafada231(m): 8:11am On Jul 24, 2022
Sixfiguresmart:
That should have been the initial advice when he met her. To avoid sex until marriage when all the checks and balances are done. Too late now. If she tested +, then he is too.

Ask him why he sent her in the first place, and why he didn't go with her?

I did mine a week ago in a reputable private hospital and it came out negative, that time she wasn't in town I for go together with her. But I spoke with the lab technician that run the test for her and the guy assured me that my girl was negative only that they don't issue results to people. They will either tell her orally or give her the result paper to see and then collect it back from her.
Re: My Girlfriend After Checking Her HIV Status Told Me This by fluffybaby(f): 8:18am On Jul 24, 2022
You called the hospital and they have confirmed what she said. No need for too much drama on her cos she can't drag her results from their file and run away with it. Just take her to a hospital where they give the result to clients That's all.
Re: My Girlfriend After Checking Her HIV Status Told Me This by Nobody: 8:22am On Jul 24, 2022
franciskaine:
they don't give results everywhr, get your information right.

I don't think they said their reason is “Involuntary Test”.

That sounds like a mockery.
Re: My Girlfriend After Checking Her HIV Status Told Me This by gabbasin: 8:25am On Jul 24, 2022
I once did mine at ifako general hospital, just to ascertain my status, I was confirmed to be negative, the test was done in my presence, I was given no paper result, she may be right
Re: My Girlfriend After Checking Her HIV Status Told Me This by fluffybaby(f): 8:27am On Jul 24, 2022
RenerdLiam:

Maybe they actually said voluntary as in she just wanted to know her status without medical reasons. Which helps the govt track down HIV progression. So they might even run it for free, give counselling for free and even medications at a very good discount or free in such cases to encourage everyone to know their status.

1 Like

Re: My Girlfriend After Checking Her HIV Status Told Me This by Abemy(m): 8:32am On Jul 24, 2022
No partner should go for an HIV test alone, a friend was decieved by his girlfriend, not satisfied, he went behind and told the lab attendant that he sent his wife to be here for a test, that's when the truth was revealed.

Mean while, he was busy fornicating with the girl before the girl's sister secretly told him, he had to confirm, but the girls anty connived with her to lie.

But the truth came out, this was in a private clinic. Couples or lovers or partners in sex, should always go for the test together, and collect the results together too, to avoid stories that touch.

1 Like

Re: My Girlfriend After Checking Her HIV Status Told Me This by Nobody: 8:35am On Jul 24, 2022
fluffybaby:

Maybe they actually said voluntary as in she just wanted to know her status without medical reasons. Which helps the govt track down HIV progression. So they might even run it for free, give counselling for free and even medications at a very good discount or free in such cases to encourage everyone to know their status.

I understand better now.

Thanks for the information.

1 Like

Re: My Girlfriend After Checking Her HIV Status Told Me This by bjtinz: 8:37am On Jul 24, 2022
Fadafada231:

I never hear about this involuntary test, but I'm aware hospital (especially govt) don't give HIV test result.

There are many reasons for this, but part of it is because the result is 'conditionally valid' ie the person could be in the window period.
Re: My Girlfriend After Checking Her HIV Status Told Me This by folks4luv(f): 8:44am On Jul 24, 2022
I did one at a private hospital and i was not given a result too. I went there for another blood test but the attendant recommended it, and it was free. She may be telling the truth.

Fadafada231:

1 Like

Re: My Girlfriend After Checking Her HIV Status Told Me This by Fadafada231(m): 8:46am On Jul 24, 2022
fluffybaby:
You called the hospital and they have confirmed what she said. No need for too much drama on her cos she can't drag her results from their file and run away with it. Just take her to a hospital where they give the result to clients That's all.

The lab scientist told me that she is negative that if I want to see the result I should come to the hospital. He said they don't give test written results to people, they only tell them orally or give them the results to see after which they will collect it back From them.

1 Like

Re: My Girlfriend After Checking Her HIV Status Told Me This by Nobody: 8:47am On Jul 24, 2022
Fadafada231:

I did mine a week ago in a reputable private hospital and it came out negative, that time she wasn't in town I for go together with her. But I spoke with the lab technician that run the test for her and the guy assured me that my girl was negative only that they don't issue results to people. They will either tell her orally or give her the result paper to see and then collect it back from her.
so why are you still bothered again?
Re: My Girlfriend After Checking Her HIV Status Told Me This by yusluvad(m): 8:48am On Jul 24, 2022
Offpoint1:
Should have been inconclusive result cheesy
No be INEC nah. cheesy cheesy grin grin cheesy cheesy
Re: My Girlfriend After Checking Her HIV Status Told Me This by Nobody: 9:03am On Jul 24, 2022
RenerdLiam:

if you go through the topic and comments well, you'll see even people with medical background corroborating what she said. It might be true.

2 Likes

Re: My Girlfriend After Checking Her HIV Status Told Me This by ben2rhymes: 9:08am On Jul 24, 2022
I did mine on Tuesday and went for the result on Friday, I was told negative but no result was given. They said they don’t issue result anymore. Maybe since it’s free, they cannot spend money on paper �

1 Like

Re: My Girlfriend After Checking Her HIV Status Told Me This by EmpressOVD: 9:09am On Jul 24, 2022
OGA u don check ur own? U don show her? B clowning urslf nd think u being an epic one!
Fadafada231:

Re: My Girlfriend After Checking Her HIV Status Told Me This by Nobody: 9:30am On Jul 24, 2022
Fadafada231:

I don't understand what she means by "involuntary test" but I wasn't given a result when I did mine at LASUTH a few years ago either. The lady only told me I was negative and said they don't issue results.

But in this case, I'd advise you to take her to a private hospital for a test because she may be hiding something.
Re: My Girlfriend After Checking Her HIV Status Told Me This by Michaelphils(m): 9:32am On Jul 24, 2022
olasaad:

General hospital Ilorin and UCH Ibadan do give results.
UCH Ibadan does not give out test results. They only record it in their big books. Try dey lie small small nw. I did it there about two months ago
Re: My Girlfriend After Checking Her HIV Status Told Me This by HiideaConsole(m): 9:35am On Jul 24, 2022
olasaad:

General hospital Ilorin and UCH Ibadan do give results.

Yeah

I once did my IT there, I can attest to that fact
Re: My Girlfriend After Checking Her HIV Status Told Me This by Coun3MAN: 9:39am On Jul 24, 2022
[quote author=Fadafada231 post=115011956]Please guys is there anything like involuntary HIV test in a government hospital? I sent my GF to the hospital to check her status and she came back told me with smile on her face that she is negative, I demanded to see the result but she said they didn't give it to

I only now of
Voluntary counseling & confidential test: that was around 2005-2007. I don't know weather it still exist oh
Re: My Girlfriend After Checking Her HIV Status Told Me This by chiiteddy(m): 9:39am On Jul 24, 2022
Fadafada231:

Thanks, I did mine in a private hospital a week ago which I was given my result. Planning of taking her to other government hospital for confirmation of her status.

Actually I did mine twice and the first time I received the result but the 2nd time. The text was done in my presence

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

How I Contacted HIV From Sleeping With Different Prostitutes At The Age Of 24 / Man Electrocuted While Trying To Save A Bird Trapped On A High Tension Wire / Soldier Attempts To Commit Suicide In Taraba State

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 60
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.