Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,310 members, 7,808,045 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 05:41 AM

Buhari's Is The First Civilian Government The Igbo Didn't Play An Active Role In - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Buhari's Is The First Civilian Government The Igbo Didn't Play An Active Role In (843 Views)

Our Shops Will Be Demolished Because Igbo Didn't Vote For APC — Alaba Shop Owner / Burial Photos Of Lateef Jakande (First Civilian Governor Of Lagos Buried) / Lateef Jakande Is Dead (First Civilian Governor Of Lagos Dies) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Buhari's Is The First Civilian Government The Igbo Didn't Play An Active Role In by makemoneywbsite: 4:22pm On Jul 23, 2022
And the result is there for all to see.

Igbo have been closer to civilian government power than any other tribe debar Fulani in Nigeria. In fact, every government that sought excellence has always had Igbos in it.
1960 first president and Commander in Chief was Zik after an alliance with Ahmadu Bello. Second republic still found Igbo in power with Alex Ekwueme as VP, just 9 years after civil war. Fourth republic saw Igbo dominate Obasanjo, Yaradua and Goodluck Jonathan governments.

Since Nigeria's independence, Buhari's government is the first civilian government that Igbo hasn't held sway. The result is there for all to see when you sideline competence.

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Buhari's Is The First Civilian Government The Igbo Didn't Play An Active Role In by Wisetrue99: 4:31pm On Jul 23, 2022
Do we say the Igbos have six sense for detecting the pretense, incompetence, evil in Buhari hence distancing themselves from him and anyone associated to him When I say Igbos, I don't mean the corrupt politicians.

Let's face it, Buhari is not the only politician ever graced the number one seat either as a Fulani or a northerner!

Many would even argue that he is an impersonator! Because one would have thought that the real Buhari who was looking so old and crying to serve the people will not act so badly as this one did.

His ugly genocidal speeches, 5%, dots reeks of hate speeches he himself preached against.

He promised to fish out all terrorists and kill all yet he has one of their sympathizers working in his cabinet as minister of communication!!! What a disaster undecided

He spearheaded insecurities by placing a deaf ear to people's cry to Fulani invasion of their farmlands, homes, destruction, raping and killing of their love ones.

He was quick to act against NIGERIANS defending themselves over those he claimed are from other countries and using guns seized from Saddam Hussein grin grin grin which kind excuse we no hear for this regime

He not only directed that their ancestral lands be given to these "visitors" he threatened Nigerians with death!

As if he has not cause enough damage, he closed the borders in the south and filled their streets with soldiers

The soldiers meant to fight the wars to protect the people turned to the killers of the people!

He would capture the youths because they associated with Igbos and kill them instantly but the notorious, labelled internationally as deadly are captured, jailed, paid ransom to or even given a title!

To be loved, you have to love first!

A wise leader that genuinely understand or really want unity, someone who preside over the affairs of this nation, will not exclude any of the major ethnic group from his administration

This coming general election will be another testing ground for him but then again they have started with their deception!

Burning places in the East so that election will not hold there

why will Ekiti elected gubernatorial candidate be issued a certificate earlier that Adeleke

Do we run a separate constitution in Nigeria

Another opportunity for redemption for him is near the corner!

He didn't start well, let's see if he will end well!

3 Likes

Re: Buhari's Is The First Civilian Government The Igbo Didn't Play An Active Role In by successmatters(m): 4:32pm On Jul 23, 2022
Just say buharri is the first president who tried everything in his power to be parochial and nepotistic in his style of government, but he failed woefully.

7 Likes

Re: Buhari's Is The First Civilian Government The Igbo Didn't Play An Active Role In by Dreal1247: 4:37pm On Jul 23, 2022
Even the human body needs every part for optimal performance. The message is that we need each other for better performance.

1 Like

Re: Buhari's Is The First Civilian Government The Igbo Didn't Play An Active Role In by PROUDIGBO(m): 5:35pm On Jul 23, 2022
Some may even go further to posit that even the sophisticated Yoruba were sidelined in his Arewa gov’t of Nigeria!

I believe they secretly started and pushed forward the Kemi Adeosun NYSC certificate issue just so they could get rid of her! I thought they gave the position of Finance minister to the south-west? How come her replacement was a Fulani!?

Check the security bodies and armed forces too! They reserve all the critical positions that involve the control of major personnel and artillery for the muslim core north, while they look for a Yoruba or south-southerner (NEVER a Igbo) for less important or less critical positions like the head of Navy or boys scouts!

3 Likes

Re: Buhari's Is The First Civilian Government The Igbo Didn't Play An Active Role In by ValarDoharis: 6:12pm On Jul 23, 2022
I'm happy as an Igbo man from Delta State that Bubu sidelined us so that posterity will not hold us accountable for Bubu's failures!

We will tell Nigerians once again why Obi is the best choice and if they like, let them repeat the mistake of 2015, the chicken will always come home to roost!

4 Likes

Re: Buhari's Is The First Civilian Government The Igbo Didn't Play An Active Role In by Nobody: 6:22pm On Jul 23, 2022
makemoneywbsite:

Igbo have been closer to civilian government power than any other tribe debar Fulani in Nigeria. In fact, every government that sought excellence has always had Igbos in it.
1960 first president and Commander in Chief was Zik after an alliance with Ahmadu Bello. Second republic still found Igbo in power with Alex Ekwueme as VP, just 9 years after civil war. Fourth republic saw Igbo dominate Obasanjo, Yaradua and Goodluck Jonathan governments.

Since Nigeria's independence, Buhari's government is the first civilian government that Igbo hasn't held sway. The result is there for all to see when you sideline competence.

Emefailure that ruined the naira is Kanuri, I presume?
Re: Buhari's Is The First Civilian Government The Igbo Didn't Play An Active Role In by Omoslim26: 6:23pm On Jul 23, 2022
And We are glad we didn't.
The man is a colossal failure.

2 Likes

Re: Buhari's Is The First Civilian Government The Igbo Didn't Play An Active Role In by paramakina202: 6:58pm On Jul 23, 2022
APC will never be fair to Igbos nor matter who they elect as president.

1 Like

Re: Buhari's Is The First Civilian Government The Igbo Didn't Play An Active Role In by Nobody: 6:59pm On Jul 23, 2022
Igbos hate buhari
Re: Buhari's Is The First Civilian Government The Igbo Didn't Play An Active Role In by kingsways: 7:03pm On Jul 23, 2022
igbotormentor:
Igbos hate buhari

Not really that Ibos hate him

Ibos hate incompetence and Buhari is incompetent.

Even when he ran with Ibo running mates, Ibos still didn't vote him

2 Likes

Re: Buhari's Is The First Civilian Government The Igbo Didn't Play An Active Role In by 3ple9iner: 7:30pm On Jul 23, 2022
HedwigesMaduro:

Emefailure that ruined the naira is Kanuri, I presume?
No na he his Fulani from Mali.
Re: Buhari's Is The First Civilian Government The Igbo Didn't Play An Active Role In by SU50: 7:43pm On Jul 23, 2022
makemoneywbsite:

If an Igbo man is the only one with an eye in a group of 10 men, he will console himself and pass down as verdict how he is so special he has only one eye while everyone has two and he can see clearly,

If he is the only one with 2 eyes in a group of 10 men, those are not fit to be called human if he is called human, either they drop the human name or he be called a super human.

You can never win with them, head or tail, they don't accept defeat.

Let's extend your logic then:

All administrations especially those that succeeded had Igbo in them and that's why they succeeded, buhari admin has no Igbo and that's why it failed.

1. How successful were those administration seeing as the country we live in is termed as zoo?

2. The perfect depiction of igbo success in governance as per your wailings is PO, how developed is Anambra? How about any other area he was saddled with a responsibility prior?

3. Tell me, can we now say that the Igbo are major players in the destruction of this country?

4. If any admin that has Igbo is a success, what's the state of the Igbo region? How did developed is it seeing as they at divers of development?
Re: Buhari's Is The First Civilian Government The Igbo Didn't Play An Active Role In by 9jalyte: 9:09pm On Jul 23, 2022
My dear, you cannot dispute that fact. When ever you say "the good old day", remember those who held "the good old days". The Nigeria Igbos left for you before the war and the one we came back to, till now are not comparable. Like he said, Igbos have been part of any successes recorded in Nigerian History, as far as National Government is concern. I want you to counter that. I want you to also counter the fact that, apart from during the civil war, when Igbos were fighting, the only time the Yorubas came into National Government is under this Buhari government. You can as well check your report card. Go and verify, when ever Igbos handle important agencies, the agencies will get to limelight. Check CBN before and after Soludo, check SEC before and after Oteh, check stock exchange, check NAFDAC, check, Ministry of information, check Finance, check Road safety, check BPE, check aviation, and I can go on. It is not magic my brother, it is a gift.

The first and only vice president to resign in Nigerian History to stay away from the mess in Government was an Igbo man, Ebitu Ukiwe. That is Igbo man for you. Osibanjo could not even do the honorable thing and be a hero of democracy by resigning from this messed up government even after receiving several insults. That is also Yoruba man for you.

Keep on reasoning through your anus, you think we are desperate about power, that it is a do or die thing for the Igbos. We have survived Buhari's taunting and the conspiracies against us. Just know this, if every one in this country will go down, the Igbo man will be the last to go down. Just have that in your mind.

We talk because in our nature we don't know how to pretend, we feel that it is an obligation to challenge injustice, particularly when every other tribe is playing ostrich or afraid. It has given us alot of bruises, but we don't care. We are used to it, can you say same?. Can you exonerate yourselves from this calamity of a government you created and are part of but cannot speak against? We will continue to be who we are, like it or not. We are used to receiving those stones thrown at us, trust me, we are gathering them and will use them to make a mansion for ourselves. Can you say same?

We look at our politicians that are F..cking up in the face and tell them who they are, where they need slaps we give it to them. We cannot brag that one Politician has been making choices for us over the years like we don't have a choice, can you say same. The likes of Tinubu were nothing when men like Arthur Nzeribe were in the scene, but we contained men like that, can you say same.

Bros, we no be mates, just take that from me.

1 Like

Re: Buhari's Is The First Civilian Government The Igbo Didn't Play An Active Role In by Superwave16320: 8:23am On Jul 24, 2022
Tales of foolishness by another set of igbos fooling themselves
Re: Buhari's Is The First Civilian Government The Igbo Didn't Play An Active Role In by makemoneywbsite: 9:28am On Jul 24, 2022
9jalyte:
My dear, you cannot dispute that fact. When ever you say "the good old day", remember those who held "the good old days". The Nigeria Igbos left for you before the war and the one we came back to, till now are not comparable. Like he said, Igbos have been part of any successes recorded in Nigerian History, as far as National Government is concern. I want you to counter that. I want you to also counter the fact that, apart from during the civil war, when Igbos were fighting, the only time the Yorubas came into National Government is under this Buhari government. You can as well check your report card. Go and verify, when ever Igbos handle important agencies, the agencies will get to limelight. Check CBN before and after Soludo, check SEC before and after Oteh, check stock exchange, check NAFDAC, check, Ministry of information, check Finance, check Road safety, check BPE, check aviation, and I can go on. It is not magic my brother, it is a gift.

Very accurate analysis. Most of the stellar ministers and special advisers we have had in this country are Igbos. Check Stellar Odua. Before her foray, planes were crashing like artilleries in Nigeria. Check Soludo's tenure as governor, before him, Banks were crashing. Let's not talk about late Dora Akunyili of NAFDAC, Frank Nweke Jr, Ngozi Okonjo lweala, Ndi Okereke, Peter Obi and others. They were jealous of Jonathan because the man wanted competence so they brought in APC without Igbo and the disaster is clear to the deaf and blind.
Re: Buhari's Is The First Civilian Government The Igbo Didn't Play An Active Role In by Trapnews: 9:30am On Jul 24, 2022
grin Igbos are the real tribalistic bigots.

(1) (Reply)

Peter Obi Vs Tinubu's Abuja 1million Man March Rally. Who Killed It More? / Keyamo: No Yoruba, Igbo: Atiku Campaigning On Basis Of Ethnicity Is Horrendous / How Soludo Tricked The Obi Of Onitsha.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 41
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.