Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,627 members, 7,801,813 topics. Date: Friday, 19 April 2024 at 12:07 AM

50k In The Island Vs 60k In The Mainland - Jobs/Vacancies (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Jobs/Vacancies / 50k In The Island Vs 60k In The Mainland (21107 Views)

Start Mini Ac And Fan Business And Earn Up To 50k In Less Than A Week. / Moving out of your apartment(self con) on the Mainland?...please Help! / If You Live On The Mainland And you Work On The Island,this Is For You!!! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: 50k In The Island Vs 60k In The Mainland by tibatobi: 1:51pm On Jul 24, 2022
Johnycastro18:
Vote for peter obi for an opportunity to live either on the mainland or the island comfortably.

ARE YOU OBEDIENT?? IF "NO"

Be obedient and yusufull today grin grin
can u be for once reasonable and stop this obidient nonsense of a thing...some body that will not even win in the south east...
Re: 50k In The Island Vs 60k In The Mainland by Scottz: 1:53pm On Jul 24, 2022
As far as I’m concerned I’d go for island
Island get connection ooo
Mainland dem go use billing suffocate you
But island you go likely meet plenty better people pass wereys

1 Like

Re: 50k In The Island Vs 60k In The Mainland by Udemzy05: 1:53pm On Jul 24, 2022
AmazingELixir:

Non....gaan start business you're working yourself into modern day slavery.

NB: Op there's nothing like "staffs" ...the plural and singular forms of that word is thesame.

Na so e easy to start business especially for this useless Buhari government.

Very unstable, those wey their business depends on import dey cry since last week cos of the unstable dollar rate.

Omo if you're a salary earner, hold your work tight oooo and plan ahead.

1 Like

Re: 50k In The Island Vs 60k In The Mainland by Wickedfact: 1:57pm On Jul 24, 2022
satandeterrible:

Guy mainland is very irritating. No cap.
The guy is right.

Even those staying in Ajah, Ologolo, and Bogije are talking. I have people who own houses in Ikate and Phase 1 but live in Ogudu GRA.
After Lekki Phase 1, you don't have any proper hotel suitable for expatriates, Them plenty for Ikeja GRA. Sheraton, Marriott and Co.
After 3rd Roundabout, na slum remain.

1 Like

Re: 50k In The Island Vs 60k In The Mainland by Nameflow(m): 1:57pm On Jul 24, 2022
aylagos:
if you are on the island and you are very good with graphics and social media I will offer you a Job from Money to Saturday 8:am to 5pm 80k per month….send your cv to 0 8 0 3 3 4 7 1 4 1 8
you want him to do both jobs for you at no significant increase in salary.
Re: 50k In The Island Vs 60k In The Mainland by drakeskull(m): 1:57pm On Jul 24, 2022
8-6pm You will be stagnant. You wan kill yourself on top 10k

1 Like

Re: 50k In The Island Vs 60k In The Mainland by satandeterrible: 2:00pm On Jul 24, 2022
Wickedfact:

Even those staying in Ajah, Ologolo, and Bogije are talking. I have people who own houses in Ikate and Phase 1 but live in Ogudu GRA.
After Lekki Phase 1, you don't have any proper hotel suitable for expatriates, Them plenty for Ikeja GRA. Sheraton, Marriott and Co.
After 3rd Roundabout, na slum remain.
Better to stay in Ajah than to stay in many places on the mainland.
Just Ikeja try. Others na scrab
Re: 50k In The Island Vs 60k In The Mainland by Wickedfact: 2:04pm On Jul 24, 2022
satandeterrible:

Better to stay in Ajah than to stay in many places on the mainland.
Just Ikeja try. Others na scrab

You don witness Ilaje boys and Ajah boys fight before?
Ajah is just an Ikorodu with a shorter name.

3 Likes

Re: 50k In The Island Vs 60k In The Mainland by hexenbiest: 2:04pm On Jul 24, 2022
The Mainland job offers feeding affordability and time to invest or even trade crypto at your convenience.

Re: 50k In The Island Vs 60k In The Mainland by Watinhapen(m): 2:19pm On Jul 24, 2022
The pay of both jobs are below standard. I wonder how you’re going to save considering that you’ll be spending half your salary on transportation. Anyway, the Island job is obviously better since there’s prospects for self development and promotion.
Re: 50k In The Island Vs 60k In The Mainland by snoopz: 2:37pm On Jul 24, 2022
Is this a joke?
angry
Re: 50k In The Island Vs 60k In The Mainland by ZeroChil: 2:46pm On Jul 24, 2022
You guys should take a break from these forms of thread. Previous posts already addressed this concern. Intelligent persons should know the benefits and pains of either working on the island or in the mainland.
Re: 50k In The Island Vs 60k In The Mainland by aigbokiejohnson(m): 2:49pm On Jul 24, 2022
Take the island offer because of the prospect
Re: 50k In The Island Vs 60k In The Mainland by Nobody: 2:50pm On Jul 24, 2022
How can you spend 30k per month on transportation? Are you going by Uber?

Anyway the most important criteria for deciding which job to take shouldn’t be cost. It should be which job suits your long term career goals and offers the best prospect for career development.

I’m Assuming you are still young with limited financial responsibilities sha.
Re: 50k In The Island Vs 60k In The Mainland by TolaniLuv: 2:54pm On Jul 24, 2022
How can someone be making 50k or 60k monthly in 2022 is that even possible
Re: 50k In The Island Vs 60k In The Mainland by gregng(m): 2:54pm On Jul 24, 2022
When I see post like this... I feel disgusting disappointed..

Live ur life and don't bring people into ur world...

Make ur choice to life...

No one care about ur expenses, do ur analysis and make ur decision...

It's only here where single advises married people how to handle marital issues...

Let everyone work out his salvation...

Grace to ur world

1 Like 1 Share

Re: 50k In The Island Vs 60k In The Mainland by KristaPretty(f): 2:58pm On Jul 24, 2022
Both offers are useless and suffer head jobs.

Just pick any of your suffer from the two. See if you can also propose a little less than the usual work hours, a graphics designer can work from home or anywhere.

Nigerian employers are wicked.

3 Likes

Re: 50k In The Island Vs 60k In The Mainland by aylagos(m): 3:01pm On Jul 24, 2022
Nameflow:
you want him to do both jobs for you at no significant increase in salary.
lame
Re: 50k In The Island Vs 60k In The Mainland by aylagos(m): 3:01pm On Jul 24, 2022
satandeterrible:

Ritualist alert.
poverty of Brain
Re: 50k In The Island Vs 60k In The Mainland by Pointblack: 3:24pm On Jul 24, 2022
rasheylaw:
Good evening everyone.

Recently, My boss have to laid off all his staffs due to some issues in his business.

Last week, I got two jobs offers:

1. On the island (lekki); It is an outsourcing firm and I got the role of graphic designer but the pay is 50k, Monday - Friday (8:30am - 4:30pm).
Island
2. On the mainland (Ikeja) : it is a store where they sell fashion items like jewelries and the likes. The role is social media manager but the way the boss explained the role, it is more of online sales person. The pay is 60k, Monday - Saturday (8am - 6pm).

The issues I am having:

1. Career Path: The island job looks promising because it is a large company , there might be a chance of self development or career growth but the mainland is just a store and I will probably be doing the same thing everytime.

2. Monthly expenses: I am currently staying on the island with my former boss which is a bit far from both places. And I calculated my monthly cost on transportation, it is 25-30k for both places.

Please advise me on which to choose. I have to resume for any of them by Monday

Thank you
Re: 50k In The Island Vs 60k In The Mainland by SavageResponse(m): 3:36pm On Jul 24, 2022
Abudu2000:
Mainland too irritating mhen Take the island Job then network and I promise you things will get better.

Says someone who is living in a BQ in a flood-prone compound in Bogije grin
Re: 50k In The Island Vs 60k In The Mainland by Rinoxy: 3:42pm On Jul 24, 2022
Warlord12:
None make sense to me imagine graduate earning 50k-60k who curse Nigeria ??
Give him the 150k job pls.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: 50k In The Island Vs 60k In The Mainland by Ppp1p: 4:01pm On Jul 24, 2022
Small
Re: 50k In The Island Vs 60k In The Mainland by VOM: 4:16pm On Jul 24, 2022
ify01:
The 50k is better

Hi,please is this on Telegram or Instagram?, �
Re: 50k In The Island Vs 60k In The Mainland by RUGS(m): 4:20pm On Jul 24, 2022
Please, I need some list of easy and fast selling Tech analysis programs that I can learn so as to work with financial institutions, manufacturing companies, tech companies and telecommunications companies because am seek and tie of all these small cash out salaries.
Please, I need help from any professional or someone with the tech knowledge in any good sellable program to put me through on how to go about it.

My whatsapp number 08067866727
E-Mail : Isaacjoe23@yahoo.com
Re: 50k In The Island Vs 60k In The Mainland by Franking: 4:21pm On Jul 24, 2022
Katcall:
Staff is a collective noun that cannot be pluralized. Its like saying sheeps instead of sheep. What did you score in english waec? Olodo labata

Taa gbafuo. U only exhibited ur own ignorance. Go and ask whoever taught u English. And go home and call ur father olodo rabata. Google is ur friend, by the way. Ode.
Re: 50k In The Island Vs 60k In The Mainland by RUGS(m): 4:22pm On Jul 24, 2022
Please, I need some list of easy and fast selling Tech analysis programs that I can learn so as to work with financial institutions, manufacturing companies, tech companies and telecommunications companies because am seek and tie of all these small cash out salaries.
Please, I need help from any professional or someone with the tech knowledge in any good sellable program to put me through on how to go about it.

My whatsapp number 08067866727
E-Mail : Isaacjoe23@yahoo.com
Thanks...
Re: 50k In The Island Vs 60k In The Mainland by Franking: 4:24pm On Jul 24, 2022
AmazingELixir:

Accept the correction paddyman and don't make a fuss...there is nothing like "staffs" in English language.

U are ignorant. Google is ur friend.
Re: 50k In The Island Vs 60k In The Mainland by Nobody: 4:55pm On Jul 24, 2022
I will advise you take the graphics Design job. The reason as you know is that you can improve on your skills and make extra cash on the long run.

A friend of mine who is a graphics designer who was so good at his craft decided to run a promo online. Every design 1k, I can emphatically tell you that after the promo he became a big boy. Take the graphics design job, your opportunity will come
Re: 50k In The Island Vs 60k In The Mainland by gabpaul: 5:01pm On Jul 24, 2022
SavageResponse:

Says someone who is living in a BQ in a flood-prone compound in Bogije grin
Or langbasa ; grin
Re: 50k In The Island Vs 60k In The Mainland by UTMOST10(m): 5:47pm On Jul 24, 2022
Just engage yourself in tomato farming on a plot of land, within some months and thank me later.
Re: 50k In The Island Vs 60k In The Mainland by Altrarecords(m): 6:02pm On Jul 24, 2022
rasheylaw:
Good evening everyone.

Recently, My boss have to laid off all his staffs due to some issues in his business.

Last week, I got two jobs offers:

1. On the island (lekki); It is an outsourcing firm and I got the role of graphic designer but the pay is 50k, Monday - Friday (8:30am - 4:30pm).

2. On the mainland (Ikeja) : it is a store where they sell fashion items like jewelries and the likes. The role is social media manager but the way the boss explained the role, it is more of online sales person. The pay is 60k, Monday - Saturday (8am - 6pm).

The issues I am having:

1. Career Path: The island job looks promising because it is a large company , there might be a chance of self development or career growth but the mainland is just a store and I will probably be doing the same thing everytime.

2. Monthly expenses: I am currently staying on the island with my former boss which is a bit far from both places. And I calculated my monthly cost on transportation, it is 25-30k for both places.

Please advise me on which to choose. I have to resume for any of them by Monday

Thank you
Both of them are nothing but suffering

Drop your number let me show you an online business you can do without even leaving your house at all

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Nigerian Immigration Service Vs Nigerian Customs Service / 15 Highest Paying Online Jobs / NGSDP NATIONAL POWER TRAINING INSTITUTE (NAPTIN): A FEDERAL SCAM?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 37
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.