Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,296 members, 7,808,007 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 02:31 AM

Should Keeping Virginity Still Be Preached Concerning Christian Marriages? - Religion (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Should Keeping Virginity Still Be Preached Concerning Christian Marriages? (13425 Views)

Should Restitution Be Preached? / Are There Countries, Places In The World Where The Gospel Has Not Been Preached? / If You Have Any Question Concerning Christian Faith, Ask (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Should Keeping Virginity Still Be Preached Concerning Christian Marriages? by MuslimIgbo: 2:08pm On Jul 24, 2022
TotalRunter:

Of course i don't know mine, i clearly don't know yours or she's not worthless like mine and like the way you think of women
Okay girl grin
By the way, is it your bodycount figure that's making you depressed this way?
Re: Should Keeping Virginity Still Be Preached Concerning Christian Marriages? by bagad: 2:10pm On Jul 24, 2022
Una too like sex talk abeg.
Everytime sex sex sex.
All these OPs with high libido self en, na wetin dey make all these yeye girls go dey buy Love Machine and vibrator up and down be that.
And men self go go buy sex doll.
Una Sha like fvck too much
Is it even a must we talk about sex here almost always.
At least nor be so na.
Everybody except toddler and babies already knows about sex.
Dem no dey teach pikin before he start to dey lie or fvck
Let's talk about making money, sapa self dey cause konji too much.
And na money now be pvssy.
Abeg this should be the last time una dey talk about sex.
Na new week we wan enter so
Na wa
Re: Should Keeping Virginity Still Be Preached Concerning Christian Marriages? by Nobody: 2:39pm On Jul 24, 2022
Unclesamo:

And you did not ask yourself why Jesus Christ never came through a prostitute.

How is that relevant to the issue? Where in my post did I say prostitution was a good thing? All I ask is did Jesus ever condemn any woman for not being a virgin? Did he ever say a woman is irredeemable, beyond forgiveness or should never be married because she’s not a virgin? The problem is you people think so simplistically and binary it’s incredible. And you think you are more holy than Jesus himself.

If a woman being a virgin is your sole and most important criteria for choosing a wife then do that sir nobody is stopping you. I’m just saying many other men have other criteria and they are doing just fine in their marriages.
Re: Should Keeping Virginity Still Be Preached Concerning Christian Marriages? by Yankee101: 3:14pm On Jul 24, 2022
Absolutely
Re: Should Keeping Virginity Still Be Preached Concerning Christian Marriages? by Loreettaa: 3:37pm On Jul 24, 2022
Ask my ex husband Cooooooks,
He knows I'm still a virgin after 3 kids. cool

1 Like

Re: Should Keeping Virginity Still Be Preached Concerning Christian Marriages? by Sirhung: 4:07pm On Jul 24, 2022
[quote author=God1000 post=115029718]Keeping your virginity is very important, you will have eternal respect of your partner.

Christians should desist from sexual immorality.

A true believer in Christ will follow God's commandments

Don't let any wayward person mislead you, respect your body and keep it for your future bedfellow. Very correct, your body is the Temple of the Holy Spirit
Re: Should Keeping Virginity Still Be Preached Concerning Christian Marriages? by Ppp1p: 4:16pm On Jul 24, 2022
No
Re: Should Keeping Virginity Still Be Preached Concerning Christian Marriages? by xproducer: 4:32pm On Jul 24, 2022
cutecommend:
We have many Christian sisters and Christian brothers who are not virgins, some are awesome people. You might even see a decent-looking and committed Christian sister, and when you confirm, she is not a virgin. Should virginity still be preached or should we just go by love and move on?

Again, does not being a virgin have side effect in marriage?

It should be preached and strongly encouraged because:

1. It is the word of GOD - declared repeatedly throughout the Holy Bible, and
2. Fornication is cosmic sin and comes with serious/ detrimental consequences.... one does oneself no good by engaging in sexual relations outside of the marriage bed.

"Meats for the belly, and the belly for meats: but God shall destroy both it and them. Now the body is not for fornication, but for the Lord; and the Lord for the body." - 1 Corinthians 6:13

"Now concerning the things whereof ye wrote unto me: It is good for a man not to touch a woman. Nevertheless, to avoid fornication, let every man have his own wife, and let every woman have her own husband." - 1 Corinthians 7:1-2

"But fornication, and all uncleanness, or covetousness, let it not be once named among you, as becometh saints" - Ephesians 5:3

"Therefore, brethren, we are debtors, not to the flesh, to live after the flesh. For if ye live after the flesh, ye shall die: but if ye through the Spirit do mortify the deeds of the body, ye shall live." - Romans 8:12-13
Re: Should Keeping Virginity Still Be Preached Concerning Christian Marriages? by Unclesamo(m): 4:46pm On Jul 24, 2022
SlyfoxxjReturns:

How is that relevant to the issue? Where in my post did I say prostitution was a good thing? All I ask is did Jesus ever condemn any woman for not being a virgin? Did he ever say a woman is irredeemable, beyond forgiveness or should never be married because she’s not a virgin? The problem is you people think so simplistically and binary it’s incredible. And you think you are more holy than Jesus himself.

If a woman being a virgin is your sole and most important criteria for choosing a wife then do that sir nobody is stopping you. I’m just saying many other men have other criteria and they are doing just fine in their marriages.

You're making a lot of mistakes.
I never said you mentioned prostitute....
No one said a woman is irredeemable..
no one also said it's the most important criteria for choosing a wife.

The point to note..
There is a great importance that goes with being a Virgin.. Christ chose such purity.

no condemnation for those in Christ , and therefore no disregard should be given to the sanctity of being a Virgin.

Would you prefer a Fairly used Car to a New one??

lols, everyone would wish to marry a virgin except you are in such denial...

Ask yourself, won't you feel HAPPIER if your Daughters marry as a virgin as compared with having body counts on her will before marriage??

YOU KNOW THE ANSWERS.. JUST EMBRACE THE REALITY

1 Like

Re: Should Keeping Virginity Still Be Preached Concerning Christian Marriages? by TotalRunter: 4:54pm On Jul 24, 2022
MuslimIgbo:

Okay girl grin
By the way, is it your bodycount figure that's making you depressed this way?

I'm a guy more than you will ever be, all these bro code nonsense that are turning teenage boys to oafs. Have had plenty women but i respect those that deserve respect because many got more sense than most men. Okonjo iweala is a woman, michelle obama with correct head na woman, but mummu like buhari is a man, all bokoharam are men, all bandits men. All the herdsmen slaughtering your mumuu people in katsina zamfara na men. Go and get sense and stop disrespecting women. I didn't say fear them or simp them, but remember plenty of them got sense like Iweala
Re: Should Keeping Virginity Still Be Preached Concerning Christian Marriages? by judedwriter(m): 5:56pm On Jul 24, 2022
cutecommend:
We have many Christian sisters and Christian brothers who are not virgins, some are awesome people. You might even see a decent-looking and committed Christian sister, and when you confirm, she is not a virgin. Should virginity still be preached or should we just go by love and move on?

Again, does not being a virgin have side effect in marriage?

Virginity doesn't necessarily make a successful marriage.... It doesn't guarantee faithfulness as well.

It's important though because the first sexual experience of any person should be in marriage.

Any side effects of virginity on marriage? I guess it bonds both partners in a very special way, but I don't think that it guarantees a successful marriage.
Re: Should Keeping Virginity Still Be Preached Concerning Christian Marriages? by wellmax(m): 6:05pm On Jul 24, 2022
Has the Bible standard changed?

Let God be true and everyman a liar.

Though heaven and earth shall pass away, my Word shall not pass away.

Shall we follow multitude to do evil

Others may, I cannot.

True bible believing churches will still talk and preach about chastity.

Marriage is honorable in all, and the bed undefiled, but whoremongers and adulterers, God will judge.

1 Like

Re: Should Keeping Virginity Still Be Preached Concerning Christian Marriages? by MuslimIgbo: 6:11pm On Jul 24, 2022
TotalRunter:

I'm a guy more than you will ever be, all these bro code nonsense that are turning teenage boys to oafs. Have had plenty women but i respect those that deserve respect because many got more sense than most men. Okonjo iweala is a woman, michelle obama with correct head na woman, but mummu like buhari is a man, all bokoharam are men, all bandits men. All the herdsmen slaughtering your mumuu people in katsina zamfara na men. Go and get sense and stop disrespecting women. I didn't say fear them or simp them, but remember plenty of them got sense like Iweala
Keep fooling yourself. You're most likely not man, we know your type...

On the contrary
Being a manWHORE has its own downsides too.
A manWHORE doesn't deserve a virtuous woman, but only a whóre, leftover and used product like himself. That's how things work most times.
When you engage yourself physically with people, you leave a part of you with them.
Re: Should Keeping Virginity Still Be Preached Concerning Christian Marriages? by chubbyswit(m): 6:19pm On Jul 24, 2022
Kobojunkie:
If Man's is the standard by which you live your idea of what it means to be Christian, then don't expect those doctrines and traditions which are to the benefit of man and his ego(even Libido) to go away anytime soon. Your pastors and mogs are gong to continue filling your gullible heads with lied to keep you from ever discovering and honoring God through obedience to His Truth. undecided

Jesus Christ already made clear over 2000 years ago to those who truly love Him that such things including virginity delusions are meaningless in the Kingdom of God and so of absolutely no worth to anyone. undecided
who is this girl? Why are you always posting jibberish.
Re: Should Keeping Virginity Still Be Preached Concerning Christian Marriages? by SheikhMuniru(m): 6:27pm On Jul 24, 2022
Preached in cele and kerubu churches
Re: Should Keeping Virginity Still Be Preached Concerning Christian Marriages? by Nobody: 6:39pm On Jul 24, 2022
Unclesamo:

You're making a lot of mistakes.
I never said you mentioned prostitute....
No one said a woman is irredeemable..
no one also said it's the most important criteria for choosing a wife.

The point to note..
There is a great importance that goes with being a Virgin.. Christ chose such purity.

no condemnation for those in Christ , and therefore no disregard should be given to the sanctity of being a Virgin.

Would you prefer a Fairly used Car to a New one??

lols, everyone would wish to marry a virgin except you are in such denial...

Ask yourself, won't you feel HAPPIER if your Daughters marry as a virgin as compared with having body counts on her will before marriage??

YOU KNOW THE ANSWERS.. JUST EMBRACE THE REALITY

Comparing a woman to a used car because she’s not a virgin is your fist mistake here. Speaks to how you objectify women in all regards. A woman is not your property like a car is. This includes your wife. She is a partner and not you property. So let me address that first. But It has made me understand more of your mentality, how you view women and why you think the way you do on this particular issue.

Secondly, regarding my personal choice of a wife let me make this clear- Virginity will be nothing more than a bonus after she fulfills all other criteria that I consider more important in a life partner. I am not disregarding the sanctity of virginity, like I said earlier it will definitely make me have a special kind of admiration and respect for my wife if she is a virgin, but I will never marry a girl with her virginity being the foremost thing on my mind.

Let me put it this way; if you give me the choice between two women that are equal in all other regards; same education, same level of intelligence, same beauty, same character and values, same sense of humor, same life goals and ambitions etc.. the only difference being that one is a virgin and the other is not. Well then, in such a case I will definitely go for the virgin because sha has all other qualities I need in addition to her chastity. But any woman who falls short of those important attributes that can make me tolerate spending a lifetime with any one woman and thinks I will marry her because of her virginity is on a looong tin baba. The virginity will be gone in one night, those other attributes, or the lack of them, is what I have to deal with for the rest of my life. So just think of it that way for one second. Christ himself says anyone who repents of their sins and comes to him is made new and whole. This includes a woman with a sexual past (I know men like you hate to hear this). So who am I to condemn a woman for not being a virgin?

Lastly regarding my daughter, I will raise her the right way, give her the best education and try my best as father to instill the right values and principles in her formative years, but once she is an adult baba it’s her life and her decisions to make. Including her sex life. I have done my own job and I don’t see how I can be intervening in the sex life of an adult woman. Fathers who try to do this usually end up causing the opposite effect. I can testify to this personally because I have screwed of few preachers daughters in my day LOL.
Re: Should Keeping Virginity Still Be Preached Concerning Christian Marriages? by emanobis(m): 6:41pm On Jul 24, 2022
Virginity can't guarantee anyone sure way to heaven, neither will it guarantee you a peaceful marriage coz even the Bible said there were WISE and FOOLISH VIRGINS.
You can be a virgin and stil be foolish...only your character speaks for you, and not your virginity
Re: Should Keeping Virginity Still Be Preached Concerning Christian Marriages? by DavidHarry(m): 7:02pm On Jul 24, 2022
VenumX:

Especially for both men and women. The requirement is for both gender.

Why I say so is because normally a woman body counts, counts more than a man's body count counts
Re: Should Keeping Virginity Still Be Preached Concerning Christian Marriages? by BePrepared: 7:21pm On Jul 24, 2022
Ibkhaleel:
BIG BROTHER NIGERIA SEASON 7 OF
IMMORALITY.
Housemates are Christians. It's normal
for the female ones to expose their
breast to the world and also to have sex
live on TV while family members
watches at home. Regrettably Christian
Association of Nigeria (CAN) is not
worried about this trend of immorality,
but they're worried about bishops that
attended Sen. Bola Tinubu's event.

Shut up

What's your definition of who a Christian is?

You: Someone born in the south by Christian parents.

Wrong boy.

A Christian is someone who is genuinely born again and lives according to the dictate of the Holy spirit.

3 Likes

Re: Should Keeping Virginity Still Be Preached Concerning Christian Marriages? by Kobojunkie: 7:22pm On Jul 24, 2022
chubbyswit:
who is this girl? Why are you always posting jibberish.
I have to be a gal because only a girl speaks God's Truth in even these things, abi? undecided
Re: Should Keeping Virginity Still Be Preached Concerning Christian Marriages? by Kobojunkie: 7:23pm On Jul 24, 2022
emanobis:
Virginity can't guarantee anyone sure way to heaven, neither will it guarantee you a peaceful marriage coz even the Bible said there were WISE and FOOLISH VIRGINS.
You can be a virgin and stil be foolish...only your character speaks for you, and not your virginity
Based on what Jesus Christ decreed, there will be virgins in Hell at the end of it all since virginity does not absolve ones of even the sin of adultery - Matthew 5 vs 27 - 28 undecided
Re: Should Keeping Virginity Still Be Preached Concerning Christian Marriages? by VenumX: 7:32pm On Jul 24, 2022
DavidHarry:

Why I say so is because normally a woman body counts, counts more than a man's body count counts

You know that's not true.
Re: Should Keeping Virginity Still Be Preached Concerning Christian Marriages? by BePrepared: 7:35pm On Jul 24, 2022
Ibkhaleel:
Islam preaches tolerance and peace thats the reason why we allow you minorities to ooen ur gutter mouth here nd insult Muslims....your people prefer to stay with Muslims than with your evil, cultist xtians...

Paradise is a place for maximum enjoyment if you did well here on earth....but because of dumbness you take d pleasures of paradise as a joke....i can quote you references in your own fabricated bible to disgrace you on that...

Camel urine (CU) is the prototype of urotherapy and possesses more beneficial effects than other animal urine It consists of various chemical constituents that contribute to its anticancer, antiplatelet, gastroprotective and hepatoprotective effects.

You are a shameless xtian

So u admit that in your paradise you will be having orgasm upon orgasm given by your 77 virgins?

What of the females?

Muhammed really ate your brain

1 Like

Re: Should Keeping Virginity Still Be Preached Concerning Christian Marriages? by kenechukwuori(m): 7:45pm On Jul 24, 2022
Oya remove 'virgin' from bible verses so it's not preached about!
Re: Should Keeping Virginity Still Be Preached Concerning Christian Marriages? by Fortune118005(m): 8:15pm On Jul 24, 2022
Entanglement:
didn't Jesus Christ said that you shouldn't be fcvking and you should obey the 10 commandments? undecided
What is thee shall not commit and fornication for?
Don't suit the bible to fit you just because you have given your virginity to some animals or so and wanted to discourage the virgins out there sad

As far as I'm concerned a non Virgin do not deserve a white wedding and bride price shouldn't be more than 10naira!

It is written in the old testament and we most followed it
Read 1 Corinthians 6:18
Re: Should Keeping Virginity Still Be Preached Concerning Christian Marriages? by Kobojunkie: 8:17pm On Jul 24, 2022
Fortune118005:

Read 1 Corinthians 6:18
Jesus Christ didn't give you what is written in that verse as part of His LE and Gospel in the Kingdom of God, so why do you obey that instead of Jesus Christ? undecided
Re: Should Keeping Virginity Still Be Preached Concerning Christian Marriages? by AI007(m): 8:43pm On Jul 24, 2022
Ibkhaleel:
BIG BROTHER NIGERIA SEASON 7 OF
IMMORALITY.
Housemates are Christians. It's normal
for the female ones to expose their
breast to the world and also to have sex
live on TV while family members
watches at home. Regrettably Christian
Association of Nigeria (CAN) is not
worried about this trend of immorality,
but they're worried about bishops that
attended Sen. Bola Tinubu's event.

So it is safe to say, if one doesn't appear on hijab or Muslim wears they auto becomes Christians?...do you know what Christianity means?
Re: Should Keeping Virginity Still Be Preached Concerning Christian Marriages? by tiswell(m): 9:05pm On Jul 24, 2022
Jovialjune1:
Yes now, for both genders, remember the Bible says, " the bed should be undefiled before marriage" meaning man and woman shouldn't taste sex before getting married.
Goan sit down, yu'all all keep dragging men into your senseless assertions sad

Bible never mentioned anything like a male virgin
Re: Should Keeping Virginity Still Be Preached Concerning Christian Marriages? by cutecommend: 9:41pm On Jul 24, 2022
Dtruthspeaker:

Yes! God blesses the couple and He dwells with them..

But if you are evil, even if you are a virgin, NOTHING FOR YOU!

Actually, NO BLESSING FOR YOU.
Keep your virginity. Virgins are special people. You marry ad a virgin, it is better than marrying as non-virgin

I am blessed.
Re: Should Keeping Virginity Still Be Preached Concerning Christian Marriages? by TotalRunter: 10:33pm On Jul 24, 2022
MuslimIgbo:

Keep fooling yourself. You're most likely not man, we know your type...

On the contrary
Being a manWHORE has its own downsides too.
A manWHORE doesn't deserve a virtuous woman, but only a whóre, leftover and used product like himself. That's how things work most times.
When you engage yourself physically with people, you leave a part of you with them.

Hopeless youth, you may not even have admission yet and mumuu is talking of deserving a woman, anuofia

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Seven Important Ways To Prepare For The Second Coming Of Christ. / The Bible Stands / Why Does God Not Heal/help Like He Promised?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 81
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.