Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,549 members, 7,801,544 topics. Date: Thursday, 18 April 2024 at 04:52 PM

Wike Warns Julius Berger After Paying 80% Upfront For Road Contracts (Video) - Politics (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Wike Warns Julius Berger After Paying 80% Upfront For Road Contracts (Video) (30678 Views)

G5 Governors Will Soon Shut Door Of Reconciliation - Wike Warns PDP / Rivers VAT Not For Abuja People, I Don’t Care If Heaven Falls, Wike Warns / Wike Warns #RevolutionNow Protesters, Says "Stay Off Rivers State" (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Wike Warns Julius Berger After Paying 80% Upfront For Road Contracts (Video) by Understudy99: 3:25pm On Jul 24, 2022
I am not saying JB is incapable of delivering on guarantees; however, they are well capable of protecting themselves and their profits against acts of nature/Force Majeure. So unless, the Governor made them assume that risk by waiving that protection, empty talk on TV is not what is going to make JB deliver this project as scheduled, rather a cooperating weather, and JB being good at what they do. Hence, Governor Wike should spear us the narratives.

AmazingELixir:

All the 7 flyovers already delivered by Julius Berger to the Rivers state government on 80% down payment were completed on or before schedule and to specifications without the need for variation.

What do you say to that?
Re: Wike Warns Julius Berger After Paying 80% Upfront For Road Contracts (Video) by vitalisjachike4: 4:14pm On Jul 24, 2022
Re: Wike Warns Julius Berger After Paying 80% Upfront For Road Contracts (Video) by AmazingELixir: 4:14pm On Jul 24, 2022
Understudy99:
I am not saying JB is incapable of delivering on guarantees; however, they are well capable of protecting themselves and their profits against acts of nature/Force Majeure. So unless, the Governor made them assume that risk by waiving that protection, empty talk on TV is not what is going to make JB deliver this project as scheduled, rather a cooperating weather, and JB being good at what they do. Hence, Governor Wike should spear us the narratives.

Natural disasters, wars, Force majeure are all condition precedence and established basis for contract breach and they are all constituents of standard contracts draft, these are not in question.

However If you had read through the reportage without the obvious bias as your opinion ably portrayed, you will see that Wike's emphasis is solely on the rain which is a popular excuse deployed by contractors when they are found complicit. The rationale behind describing Wike's statement as empty talk is what I find intriguing..If you've been following the trend of Wike's projects, you will discover he personally monitors his projects more like a task master, he works "fast and well" that is what he is known for as far back as when he was the minister of state for education and subsequently acting senior minister, he was the driving force behind all those almaijiri schools littered all over the north during Jonathan's administration.

Give the man some credit how many governors if any at all has delivered a flyover measuring between 800m - 1km in 8 _ 9 months, but Wike has consistently done it 7 times and still counting.
Re: Wike Warns Julius Berger After Paying 80% Upfront For Road Contracts (Video) by Understudy99: 4:52pm On Jul 24, 2022
My only issue is that his lawyers/state lawyers could have easily had JB exclude rain/rainy season from the list of acts of nature clause, if he so intended to hold them to the delivery by date guarantee. Corporations live and die by the terms of agreement, if you drop the ball on the terms of agreement, hope for the best. I hope JB can get these projects completed before the end of his tenure. He's not building it for himself after all, but for the people of his state. I just wished his people/lawyers had done the needful with the legalese.

BTW, rain (weather) is consider an act of nature in the construction industry.

AmazingELixir:

Natural disasters, wars, Force majeure are all condition precedence and established basis for contract breach and they are all constituents of standard contracts draft, these are not in question.

However If you had read through the reportage without the obvious bias as your opinion ably portrayed, you will see that Wike's emphasis is solely on the rain which is a popular excuse deployed by contractors when they are found complicit. The rationale behind describing Wike's statement as empty talk is what I find intriguing..If you've been following the trend of Wike's projects, you will discover he personally monitors his projects more like a task master, he works "fast and well" that is what he is known for as far back as when he was the minister of state for education and subsequently acting senior minister, he was the driving force behind all those almaijiri schools littered all over the north during Jonathan's administration.

Give the man some credit how many governors if any at all has delivered a flyover measuring between 800m - 1km in 8 _ 9 months, but Wike has consistently done it 7 times and still counting.
Re: Wike Warns Julius Berger After Paying 80% Upfront For Road Contracts (Video) by frankson1(m): 5:31pm On Jul 24, 2022
Arelyn:
In this era of misinformation to suit narratives most convenient for individuals, we need open and public disclosure of public expenditures of this nature even though it is unconventional but it is necessary.....

Have you seen Rivers state budget for the past seven years
Re: Wike Warns Julius Berger After Paying 80% Upfront For Road Contracts (Video) by contactikenna(m): 5:47pm On Jul 24, 2022
Nigeria needs wike...
Re: Wike Warns Julius Berger After Paying 80% Upfront For Road Contracts (Video) by Emmanuel909090: 10:00pm On Jul 24, 2022
This is exactly what a Governor should look and act like,not the ones saying they paid for the project but they don't know why it have not been done or finished.
Re: Wike Warns Julius Berger After Paying 80% Upfront For Road Contracts (Video) by Nobody: 8:52am On Jul 25, 2022
Re: Wike Warns Julius Berger After Paying 80% Upfront For Road Contracts (Video) by Nobody: 2:34pm On Jul 25, 2022
Who pays 80% for a job that has not even started, unless they re getting kickbacks.

You dont fool me. angry
Re: Wike Warns Julius Berger After Paying 80% Upfront For Road Contracts (Video) by Understudy99: 5:58pm On Jul 27, 2022
As I have said before, I have no issue with Governor Wike, I wish more politicians had his sense of fairness and equity. That said, if you are in his inner circle or have access to people that are, they should please advise him not to just take people for their words. Legally binding contract is the only enforceable agreement there is. Most people who live and die by their words, assume others, especially prominent members of society, are equally the same.

Any by the way, there's nothing woke about contracts and paying attention to the fine prints.

Shikamaru1:
Relax with your drivel. Nigerians are notorious for sounding woke on the internet. He has been paying 80% upfront and Julius beger has delivered 12 flyovers not 7.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

London Court Registers N99 Billion Judgment Against Nigerian Military / Oby Ezekwesili: "Garba Shehu A Master Of Acute Incompetency" / Abba Abbey Gidan Haki Kidnapped And Killed By His Ex Lover

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 28
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.