Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,298 members, 7,808,012 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 03:20 AM

UNIMAID Teaching Hospital Spends ₦67 Million On Diesel Monthly - CMD - Education (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / UNIMAID Teaching Hospital Spends ₦67 Million On Diesel Monthly - CMD (18747 Views)

UNIMAID Lecturer, Dr Abdulkadir Murdered On Campus / OAU Spends N80m On Electricity & N2m On Diesel Every Month / Solomon Yusuf, Kidnapped UNIMAID Lecturer Writes Letter To Wife, Begs Buhari (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: UNIMAID Teaching Hospital Spends ₦67 Million On Diesel Monthly - CMD by ufotunang: 7:43pm On Jul 24, 2022
[quote author=Zonefree post=115049344]
I'm surprised you guys are justifying this scam.

Say diesel is N800 per liter. So, you mean the hospital exhaust about 2,500 litres of diesel everyday? On how many Generators? [/quote)... whether he is saying the truth or not... using generator and disel due to lack of constant electricity power supply has affected bussinesses, companies , hospitals,banks and other bussiness organizations....they spend much on disel, repairs and maintenance of their generator to run and operate this bussinesses...lack of power supply has affected bussinesses and their income, revenue, profits negatively... they are some bussiness that are struggling to survive or some have closed down due to always using generator and disel at 850 per litretp run their bussinesses
Re: UNIMAID Teaching Hospital Spends ₦67 Million On Diesel Monthly - CMD by Okwyjesus(m): 7:44pm On Jul 24, 2022
Re: UNIMAID Teaching Hospital Spends ₦67 Million On Diesel Monthly - CMD by Osyxcel(m): 7:45pm On Jul 24, 2022
emmaak2:

100 litres each on each generator will run 24hrs
500 litres daily
500"800= 400,000
400,000*32=12million monthly
So average of 7-12 mill bro

100 ltrs for a generator for 24 hrs?

Are we talking about 15 or 20kva generator here?
Re: UNIMAID Teaching Hospital Spends ₦67 Million On Diesel Monthly - CMD by ufotunang: 7:47pm On Jul 24, 2022
Constant use of generator, disel due to lack of constantelectricity power supply has affected many bussinesses, companies, industries ... reduce their revenue, income, profit and it makes bussinesses to struggle to survive the hard economy and had made some bussiness to close down
Re: UNIMAID Teaching Hospital Spends ₦67 Million On Diesel Monthly - CMD by Okeyc230: 7:48pm On Jul 24, 2022
About 80,000 litres of diesel at N845 per litre. Many companies consumes over 400,000 litres a month.
Re: UNIMAID Teaching Hospital Spends ₦67 Million On Diesel Monthly - CMD by Teenaira: 7:51pm On Jul 24, 2022
specialmati:
cool cool cool cool vote APC for more darkness. Peter Obi went to Egypt of resent to get how they were able to have electricity. If you leave Peter Obi and vote for darkness then its over

If you vote for Peter Obi, you are likely to have more darkness. The power problem we have in Nigeria was not created by Egyptian. It is a problem created by Nigerians. If Peter Obi is going to Egypt to get a solution he might end up creating a bigger problem.
Re: UNIMAID Teaching Hospital Spends ₦67 Million On Diesel Monthly - CMD by meobizy(f): 7:51pm On Jul 24, 2022
CBN, Abuja spends billions of naira on electricity monthly. What is the news in this article?
Re: UNIMAID Teaching Hospital Spends ₦67 Million On Diesel Monthly - CMD by peacevilla: 7:54pm On Jul 24, 2022
This is really possible. Most people doubt this figure because they are not in such a system. I m working in an environment where we're using 1900 to 2100 liters of diesel in 24hrs if there is no supply from PHCN. Same way big hospitals like university teaching hospitals need 24/7 light as well. Imagine if there is no light for almost a whole month and they're running big diesel generators. In fact, I don't doubt it considering the diesel price now, though there may be an element of stealing which is everywhere even when the diesel was cheap. May God help us in this country. Things are really bad.

1 Like

Re: UNIMAID Teaching Hospital Spends ₦67 Million On Diesel Monthly - CMD by Osyxcel(m): 7:55pm On Jul 24, 2022
The truth is that while there may be some elements of corruption in the report, actual cost spent on diesel may not be far from what was stated.

Teaching hospitals are usually very big and depending on the capacity, and quantities of generators being used, load requirements, as well as the number of hours the gens are being run for, the hospital may be using tens/hundreds of litres of diesel on hourly basis.

Diesel is averagely #800-850 per litre, so if the University runs on gen upwards of 20hrs, they may be spending an equivalent of #1.2-1.5m or even #2m on a daily basis.
Re: UNIMAID Teaching Hospital Spends ₦67 Million On Diesel Monthly - CMD by Yemi7up: 7:56pm On Jul 24, 2022
Zonefree:
That's over 2 million daily undecided

Interesting. Well done, CMD
Háà who will safe this nation. This is a big scam. Ole, barawo.
Re: UNIMAID Teaching Hospital Spends ₦67 Million On Diesel Monthly - CMD by Osyxcel(m): 7:56pm On Jul 24, 2022
peacevilla:
This is really possible. Most people doubt this figure because they are not in such a system. I m working in an environment where we're using 1900 to 2100 liters of diesel in 24hrs if there is no supply from PHCN. Same way big hospitals like university teaching hospitals need 24/7 light as well. Imagine if there is no light for almost a whole month and they're running big diesel generators. In fact, I don't doubt it considering the diesel price now, though there may be an element of stealing which is everywhere even when the diesel was cheap. May God help us in this country. Things are really bad.

A lot of people are ignorant because they do not have experience with such systems.

2 Likes

Re: UNIMAID Teaching Hospital Spends ₦67 Million On Diesel Monthly - CMD by katordidi(m): 8:02pm On Jul 24, 2022
Zonefree:
That's over 2 million daily undecided

Interesting. Well done, CMD
It could very well be the truth, I work in a 38 room hotel and we burn over 300k daily if we rely on deisel for 24 hrs, now picture the humongous power plants needed to run a teaching hospital
Re: UNIMAID Teaching Hospital Spends ₦67 Million On Diesel Monthly - CMD by specialmati(m): 8:03pm On Jul 24, 2022
Teenaira:

If you vote for Peter Obi, you are likely to have more darkness. The power problem we have in Nigeria was not created by Egyptian. It is a problem created by Nigerians. If Peter Obi is going to Egypt to get a solution he might end up creating a bigger problem.
grin grin grin grin so if we vote those old corrupt money bags we will have light abi. So if Nigeria created the problem we can't look for solution from the country that is getting it right abi

Re: UNIMAID Teaching Hospital Spends ₦67 Million On Diesel Monthly - CMD by aniolat(m): 8:06pm On Jul 24, 2022
Seniorwriter:
If this Facebook reportage is true....then i smell big lies.....#67 million for diesel even @#2k per litre is not defendable....SMH @how corruption is now a game and norm in every strata of public position in Nigeria.

I'm already managing a large number of people(over 10k) and we are apolitical....so you don't know me....how do you choose to justify a glaring scam shows your kind of mindset ....please change it....we need to have the right approach to issues like this. What is wrong is wrong no two ways about it.

Just imagine that...over 2million naira daily! SMH.

Imagine.....how do you guys justify these scams? Next time read and comprehend ......yours is 3m monthly not daily.

Imagine same peeps that will cry that we have bad leadership justifying such nonsense.

What is wrong with you....

You just made my day....Incase you don't mind if you are interested or have someone interested in earning @least $5 daily online via a Digital Skill kindly indicate by quoting me I'm offering you a slot for a free mentorship to that....Remain blessed.

Lolz I don't do monthly I earn daily....it was just an offer not a compulsion reason I included if you have someone with a mind that $5 daily might not be an income bar you want....howbeit having multiple streams of income is key to financial freedom in these times....good to know your daily income is equivalent to how much I earn daily times 30days......It's good to be wealthy....Lolz

@Seniorwriter

Please sir, I'm interested in the Digital Skill work sir
What should I do sir?
Re: UNIMAID Teaching Hospital Spends ₦67 Million On Diesel Monthly - CMD by twilliamx(m): 8:06pm On Jul 24, 2022
67m x 12=804,000,000 a year. This amount of money should be enough for an independent power project for the school.. Na wa
Re: UNIMAID Teaching Hospital Spends ₦67 Million On Diesel Monthly - CMD by ZeroChil: 8:09pm On Jul 24, 2022
Re: UNIMAID Teaching Hospital Spends ₦67 Million On Diesel Monthly - CMD by NoToPile: 8:12pm On Jul 24, 2022
peacevilla:

Lool only those who work in such environment will understand, the agency I work with we spend an average of 6 million naira daily on our trucks for diesel plus office Gen plants let's approximate to about 150 something million per month, it had tripled compared to what we were spending before,l, diesel diesel and diesel is now what we are shouting up and down.

For a teaching hospital with students and all, I don't doubt it, even if there's a theft somewhere it will be minimal.

That diesel is a money sucker and that is why cost of goods are increasing everyday, these manufacturing companies are spending a whole lot on diesel.
Re: UNIMAID Teaching Hospital Spends ₦67 Million On Diesel Monthly - CMD by 07kjb: 8:13pm On Jul 24, 2022
peacevilla:

How many plants are you powering with 2000litres of diesel in 24hours

A sandproof that consumed 100liters of diesel within 24hrs should be faulty
Re: UNIMAID Teaching Hospital Spends ₦67 Million On Diesel Monthly - CMD by Teenaira: 8:16pm On Jul 24, 2022
specialmati:
grin grin grin grin so if we vote those old corrupt money bags we will have light abi. So if Nigeria created the problem we can't look for solution from the country that is getting it right abi

You mean Peter Obi who was a governor of a state in Nigeria is not corrupt Even devil will not believe that.
Re: UNIMAID Teaching Hospital Spends ₦67 Million On Diesel Monthly - CMD by alizma: 8:18pm On Jul 24, 2022
That's like 2m everyday. Let's blame Buhari for this. I said everyone in Nigeria need to change else, changing president will not save us from this corruption
Re: UNIMAID Teaching Hospital Spends ₦67 Million On Diesel Monthly - CMD by 07kjb: 8:18pm On Jul 24, 2022
07kjb:

How many plants are you powering with 2000litres of diesel in 24hours

A sandproof that consumed 100liters of diesel within 24hrs should be faulty
Re: UNIMAID Teaching Hospital Spends ₦67 Million On Diesel Monthly - CMD by Elsueno: 8:18pm On Jul 24, 2022
BOOKWORMLUX:

Price of diesel has increased

Teaching hospitals need to have 24/7 light supply
Could be true

Also Maiduguri has been in darkness since last year, so NEPA is out of it

Well, I can bet 1 million naira, According to an aquintence of mine, UMTH does not run 24/7 gen since diesel start to they cost... usually 3-5 hours mostly...They have solar during d day supplying power to d main hospital....Even some of thier staff dey complain of lack of power at night....So I wonder how dey chop 67 million naira monthly on diesel....EFCC & ICPC need to do some searching.
Re: UNIMAID Teaching Hospital Spends ₦67 Million On Diesel Monthly - CMD by Benwallt(m): 8:20pm On Jul 24, 2022
You mean they use 2million plus on Diesel per day. These people won't kill person. Are they powering the whole Nigeria?
Re: UNIMAID Teaching Hospital Spends ₦67 Million On Diesel Monthly - CMD by specialmati(m): 8:22pm On Jul 24, 2022
Teenaira:

You mean Peter Obi who was a governor of a state in Nigeria is not corrupt Even devil will not believe that.
grin grin grin grin grin I didn't say so even you is corrupt but not more corrupt when compared to those 2 old corrupt money bags. You get it
Re: UNIMAID Teaching Hospital Spends ₦67 Million On Diesel Monthly - CMD by Phock2sweet: 8:23pm On Jul 24, 2022
Seniorwriter:
If this Facebook reportage is true....then i smell big lies.....#67 million for diesel even @#2k per litre is not defendable....SMH @how corruption is now a game and norm in every strata of public position in Nigeria.

I'm already managing a large number of people(over 10k) and we are apolitical....so you don't know me....how do you choose to justify a glaring scam shows your kind of mindset ....please change it....we need to have the right approach to issues like this. What is wrong is wrong no two ways about it.

Just imagine that...over 2million naira daily! SMH.

Imagine.....how do you guys justify these scams? Next time read and comprehend ......yours is 3m monthly not daily.

Imagine same peeps that will cry that we have bad leadership justifying such nonsense.

What is wrong with you....

@Seniorwriter
boss please I need job in your company.
Re: UNIMAID Teaching Hospital Spends ₦67 Million On Diesel Monthly - CMD by 07kjb: 8:24pm On Jul 24, 2022
Osyxcel:

100 ltrs for a generator for 24 hrs?

Are we talking about 15 or 20kva generator here?

Seems u don't know what 100liters of diesel is

It means 2 fifty full CANS OF DIESEL, HOW CAN A SOUND PROOF FINISH THAT IN 24HOURS?
Re: UNIMAID Teaching Hospital Spends ₦67 Million On Diesel Monthly - CMD by mu2sa2: 8:24pm On Jul 24, 2022
Zonefree:

There's no way they'll burn 2 million Naira on diesel daily in that hospital unless they're using 30 Generators.
What is wrong with you guys? He said N40m to N67m diesel Monthly - N40m ÷ 30 days is how much? Mark you diesel is said to be selling for #1000 per litre there. A huge complex like that may be using humongous generators of 1000 kva capacity all the time since there's zero supply from phcn. Go and Google the quantity of diesel a 1000 kva generator guzzles in just one hour.

1 Like

Re: UNIMAID Teaching Hospital Spends ₦67 Million On Diesel Monthly - CMD by Trustedpronet: 8:24pm On Jul 24, 2022
With my small company I spend close to 200k monthly
Re: UNIMAID Teaching Hospital Spends ₦67 Million On Diesel Monthly - CMD by BOOKWORMLUX(m): 8:29pm On Jul 24, 2022
Elsueno:

Well, I can bet 1 million naira, According to an aquintence of mine, UMTH does not run 24/7 gen since diesel start to they cost... usually 3-5 hours mostly...They have solar during d day supplying power to d main hospital....Even some of thier staff dey complain of lack of power at night....So I wonder how dey chop 67 million naira monthly on diesel....EFCC & ICPC need to do some searching.

Scam everyday
Re: UNIMAID Teaching Hospital Spends ₦67 Million On Diesel Monthly - CMD by Nobody: 8:29pm On Jul 24, 2022
specialmati:
cool cool cool cool vote APC for more darkness. Peter Obi went to Egypt of resent to get how they were able to have electricity. If you leave Peter Obi and vote for darkness then its over

100 Obi's can't help Nigeria out of this mess. Just like the past and present government, no one will support the move for what Nigeria needs now to get out of impending socioeconomic catastrophe. Our leaders have drove this country into the mines field and I don't see any government other than military government with capacity to declare a state of emergency on economy and our senseless constitution that binds us together with those whom our togetherness is hurting us all. Ask yourself, will mere Obi being the president write off our debts? We were just told that our revenue is less than amount needed to service debt.
I just wish I can wake up and discover that everything has only been happening in my dream. The hospital Cheif might have added something to the money but I don't think it's much. We don't have electricity supplies thanks to the GENCOS (FRAUDCOS) , and hospital need uninterrupted power supply and considering diesel is above N600 per litre, how much will they spend daily? Definitely far above N1m. This is where we are in this failing country. May Almighty God help us all.
Re: UNIMAID Teaching Hospital Spends ₦67 Million On Diesel Monthly - CMD by Osyxcel(m): 8:30pm On Jul 24, 2022
07kjb:

Seems u don't know what 100liters of diesel is

It means 2 fifty full CANS OF DIESEL, HOW CAN A SOUND PROOF FINISH THAT IN 24HOURS?

You're the one who doesn't know what 100 litres of diesel is. I work where we buy litres of diesel in thousands on a monthly basis, and we consume tens on a daily basis and over 100 litres when there's power outage for hours or days.

1 Like

Re: UNIMAID Teaching Hospital Spends ₦67 Million On Diesel Monthly - CMD by onatisi(m): 8:36pm On Jul 24, 2022
Why can't they add solar energy to their power supply . Even if they spend 67m in installing a very good solar energy system , it is sure that they would be saving like half the cost they are spending monthly . At least during the day time they will be on solar system . Many countries and companies are now adding soar energy system to their energy supply in order to cut cost on generators

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

A Nairalander And His Friends Giving Back To The Society / OAU Cancels 2020/2021 Session, To Resume 2019/2020 Session February 8 / UNIJOS Suspends 30 Students For Indecent Dressing

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 64
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.