Stats: 3,150,196 members, 7,807,669 topics. Date: Wednesday, 24 April 2024 at 05:08 PM

Banking Sector And Theft - Crime - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Crime / Banking Sector And Theft (981 Views)

Katsina Police Arrest Father And Son Who Specialize In Shop Breaking And Theft / Gloria Makanjuola Jailed In UK For Robbery And Theft (Photo) / EFCC Declares Two Women Wanted For Forgery And Theft Of N27m (photos) (2) (3) (4)

Banking Sector And Theft by ozoebuka1(m): 9:45pm On Jul 24, 2022
I will be as brief as possible. I've noticed that I get charges everyday from my access bank, which they term "FGN electronic money transfer levy"

On the average, I'm debited 200 naira everyday. These are my problems;
1. is this FGN transfer levy a daily charge?
2. Does it come whether you run a transfer or not?
3. Is there a way to cut it down or stop it from coming entirely.

I'm asking these questions because I just received "the everyday" FGN electronic money transfer levy today which is Sunday when I've not done any single transfer nor received any single money.

Please, is this a corporate theft from access bank?

Does other banks experience such because I feel like opening new account in another bank?

Please if you experience such, come put mouth for the matter make we for know what's happening, because I feel I'm being cheated by the bank.

Re: Banking Sector And Theft by Kurutinto(m): 9:51pm On Jul 24, 2022
Access bank is a crook bank. I am still surprised no one has sued these thieves yet for pilfering people's accounts

Re: Banking Sector And Theft by uthlaw: 10:16pm On Jul 24, 2022
Gtbank worst...na palm pay I de use now!

Re: Banking Sector And Theft by ozoebuka1(m): 10:27pm On Jul 24, 2022
uthlaw:
so, other banks do same thing?

Is this legal?
Re: Banking Sector And Theft by ozoebuka1(m): 10:28pm On Jul 24, 2022
Kurutinto:
Access bank is a crook bank. I am still surprised no one has sued these thieves yet for pilfering people's accounts
I tire oh, imagine taking 200 everyday, that's like 5k every month untop savings account o. When they should be giving me interests. Smh
Re: Banking Sector And Theft by bigpicture001: 11:44am On Jul 25, 2022
Kurutinto:

U hate them cuz they aare transparent... All the banks charge this same moneis.. but do it as hidden charges
Re: Banking Sector And Theft by DonPADRO(m): 11:57am On Jul 25, 2022
uthlaw:

Do Palm pay have a physical office in Lagos?
Re: Banking Sector And Theft by DonPADRO(m): 12:07pm On Jul 25, 2022
bigpicture001:

U hate them cuz they aare transparent... All the banks charge this same moneis.. but do it as hidden charges

Always say what you know and leave what you don't. If you are an Access bank marketer say it as well.

I operate accounts in 7 banks 2 of which are USA banks. The other 5 are zenith bank where I have a dollar and naira saving account, gtbank,fidelity bank and FCMB... standard chartered

I opened and closed my access bank account within a month. I hardly use my gtbank account and only transfer money there to use the card for international transactions

All my money is kept mainly in zenith bank and FCMB

Now tell why I do this since you know all the banks

Re: Banking Sector And Theft by uthlaw: 12:18pm On Jul 25, 2022
DonPADRO:

Do Palm pay have a physical office in Lagos?
I don't no...na sokoto I de!
Re: Banking Sector And Theft by bigpicture001: 1:18pm On Jul 25, 2022
DonPADRO:

Always say what you know and leave what you don't. If you are an Access bank marketer say it as well.

I operate accounts in 7 banks 2 of which are USA banks. The other 5 are zenith bank where I have a dollar and naira saving account, gtbank,fidelity bank and FCMB... standard chartered

I opened and closed my access bank account within a month. I hardly use my gtbank account and only transfer money there to use the card for international transactions

All my money is kept mainly in zenith bank and FCMB

Now tell why I do this since you know all the banks

Bro... Try aand follow all the details of. Ur account to the latter... U only complain about those u see as messages and ignore those u don't see.. wear a magnifying glass on not the thousands in ur account but the fee naira and Kobo behind the huge monies..

Just like u.. I operate Nine account.. cut accross all the. Banks except zenith cuz if thier too much network issue...

When ever I transfer monies to my access bank account say for example ,dey deduct 50 naira for same reason u complained about...but wen I preload the Mony with the fifty naira on it..wen dey remmove it..it remain my desired total...I was used to it..and den assumed it's all banks that does so...

One day..the access ATM was empty so I transferred to my keystone account..same 150k..and low and behold..I got to the ATM..and my exact 150 was still there..I didn all.my withdrawal to zero in the acct.. without no charge...I was like God punish access...make una see. Me. There again..just like u

I continue to use just the keystone bank..and everything kept going well for weeks till it's month end

By month end I sent 150k for a weekend jamboree to be withdrawn as usual...I got there to withdraw..and about 450 naira has been chunked off my accts..there was no explanation I couldn't go into the. Bank cuz it's Saturday...I did my withdrawal..ND didn't bother to ask on Monday...and continue again to withdraw without hith.es..till another month end wen another 550 was deducted..this time I got mad..and made sure..I visited the bank..

My acct statement was viewd and was told it's accumulated fee for FG electronic transfer charge for the whole months..I burst out laffing...and couldn't explain tto the customer care...

That was the day..I understood access bank...then again..in this platform, someone one-day stated the approved charged on customer by the banks as agreed upon by the CBN..I saw that charge clearly and ATM 3x over a month charger too..

See,ur bank might b cleaver to hide. This stuffs from u..but u will b a novice if u say a bank won't charge u a fee arrived by the FG aand money remitted to the FG so that dey can b called a good bank by the customer...who will den remit those money to FG..?

Abeg.. understand this bank working my guy
Re: Banking Sector And Theft by Gben5: 1:51pm On Jul 25, 2022
uthlaw:
I don't no...na sokoto I de!
yes they do in Lagos high land
Re: Banking Sector And Theft by DonPADRO(m): 4:12pm On Jul 25, 2022
bigpicture001:

Bro... Try aand follow all the details of. Ur account to the latter... U only complain about those u see as messages and ignore those u don't see.. wear a magnifying glass on not the thousands in ur account but the fee naira and Kobo behind the huge monies..

Just like u.. I operate Nine account.. cut accross all the. Banks except zenith cuz if thier too much network issue...

When ever I transfer monies to my access bank account say for example ,dey deduct 50 naira for same reason u complained about...but wen I preload the Mony with the fifty naira on it..wen dey remmove it..it remain my desired total...I was used to it..and den assumed it's all banks that does so...

One day..the access ATM was empty so I transferred to my keystone account..same 150k..and low and behold..I got to the ATM..and my exact 150 was still there..I didn all.my withdrawal to zero in the acct.. without no charge...I was like God punish access...make una see. Me. There again..just like u

I continue to use just the keystone bank..and everything kept going well for weeks till it's month end

By month end I sent 150k for a weekend jamboree to be withdrawn as usual...I got there to withdraw..and about 450 naira has been chunked off my accts..there was no explanation I couldn't go into the. Bank cuz it's Saturday...I did my withdrawal..ND didn't bother to ask on Monday...and continue again to withdraw without hith.es..till another month end wen another 550 was deducted..this time I got mad..and made sure..I visited the bank..

My acct statement was viewd and was told it's accumulated fee for FG electronic transfer charge for the whole months..I burst out laffing...and couldn't explain tto the customer care...

That was the day..I understood access bank...then again..in this platform, someone one-day stated the approved charged on customer by the banks as agreed upon by the CBN..I saw that charge clearly and ATM 3x over a month charger too..

See,ur bank might b cleaver to hide. This stuffs from u..but u will b a novice if u say a bank won't charge u a fee arrived by the FG aand money remitted to the FG so that dey can b called a good bank by the customer...who will den remit those money to FG..?

Listen, learn to be money wise in this economy where the government want to tax it's citizens to death and banks want to take their share in all formats .

Access bank is the worst followed closely by GtBank and Uba.

Each time you make a withdrawal or trasfer to another bank you are charged tax, stamp duty and SMS alert fees.
Moving 150k from one bank to another then using your ATM to withdraw the money in bits was quite foolish. Tax on that money alone will rezh 200 naira or more. Stamp duty at least 100 naira.. SMS alerts fees should reach at least 50 naira.
All of those charges will pour in at month end for sure.

It's standard Nigerian bank charges. If the money is really big GTBank would have changed you handling fee.
Na you do yourself

To avoid all this nonsense i always walk into the banking hall 2 times a month to withdraw money in bulk and keep at home for expenses. I only get one SMS charge for that.
I withdraw dollars and Naira over the counter and there is no card linked to my accounts to avoid scam

I was very poor for over 20 year so I don't joke with my money. Even 50 naira unnecessary deduction is too much. i will close my account. And that was why i closed my Access bank and Frist bank accounts within a month (the charges where alarming... Same thing the op is saying here).

Zenith bank charges me $0.5 for every $100 i withdraw and when i do not no money is deducted from my dollar savings account.
They do not charge when i move dollars from my US bank into that account.. they just send me one SMS to show the money has arrived. And the charge goes to my naira account. I set it that way with them

I am so careful with my bank accounts that if i need to make trasfer i ask the person to provide an account in the bank in which i have an account alos.... even if it's POS

why? Inter account transfer within the same bank is free. grin grin grin

My bro wise up.
No carry your atm run go make 10 transactions and start complaining about billing at the end of the month.
Na you do yourself.

Zenith bank harly charges me up to 400 naira a month. It's Gtbabk that does that sh.it which is why it is no more my main account.

Penny wise... pound foollish

Cheers!

Re: Banking Sector And Theft by bigpicture001: 4:38pm On Jul 25, 2022
DonPADRO:

Listen, learn to be money wise in this economy where the government want to tax it's citizens to death and banks want to take their share in all formats .

Access bank is the worst followed closely by GtBank and Uba.

Each time you make a withdrawal or trasfer to another bank you are charged tax, stamp duty and SMS alert fees.
Moving 150k from one bank to another then using your ATM to withdraw the money in bits was quite foolish. Tax on that money alone will rezh 200 naira or more. Stamp duty at least 100 naira.. SMS alerts fees should reach at least 50 naira.
All of those charges will pour in at month end for sure.

It's standard Nigerian bank charges. If the money is really big GTBank would have changed you handling fee.
Na you do yourself

To avoid all this nonsense i always walk into the banking hall 2 times a month to withdraw money in bulk and keep at home for expenses. I only get one SMS charge for that.
I withdraw dollars and Naira over the counter and there is no card linked to my accounts to avoid scam

I was very poor for over 20 year so I don't joke with my money. Even 50 naira unnecessary deduction is too much. i will close my account. And that was why i closed my Access bank and Frist bank accounts within a month (the charges where alarming... Same thing the op is saying here).

Zenith bank charges me $0.5 for every $100 i withdraw and when i do not no money is deducted from my dollar savings account.
They do not charge when i move dollars from my US bank into that account.. they just send me one SMS to show the money has arrived. And the charge goes to my naira account. I set it that way with them

I am so careful with my bank accounts that if i need to make trasfer i ask the person to provide an account in the bank in which i have an account alos.... even if it's POS

why? Inter account transfer within the same bank is free. grin grin grin

My bro wise up.
No carry your atm run go make 10 transactions and start complaining about billing at the end of the month.
Na you do yourself.

Zenith bank harly charges me up to 400 naira a month. It's Gtbabk that does that sh.it which is why it is no more my main account.

Penny wise... pound foollish

Cheers!

Guy, u Sabi abuse ooo.... "Foolish"... Well that aside... The only solution I got from u.. is physically withdraw those monies across the counter... But unfortunately, I can't....

I am so tied up.. that I can't spend 20 min. In d bank... Well, tanks for ur great infor on strategies.. I appreciate.. ND will begin to apply

Re: Banking Sector And Theft by DonPADRO(m): 4:59pm On Jul 25, 2022
bigpicture001:

Guy, u Sabi abuse ooo.... "Foolish"... Well that aside... The only solution I got from u.. is physically withdraw those monies across the counter... But unfortunately, I can't....

I am so tied up.. that I can't spend 20 min. In d bank... Well, tanks for ur great infor on strategies.. I appreciate.. ND will begin to apply

Sorry about the insult. Wasn't intended

Well you don't need to sleep in the bank for that long. The trick is to make friends with one of the Cashiers and she will attend to you no matter how long the queue is. Give him or her 200 naira now and then is all.

My own friend is the Head teller or cashier or whatever. She controls all the cashers.
I just give my slip and sit her conditioned office for a few minutes. I do it for both naira and dollar accounts. no stress.

If yu must use ATM stop withdrawing money in batches... it all carries charges
Do it all at once.
Look at the buttons by your right side when you get to an ATM.. the button at the bottom right..
Press it and type in the exact amount you want to withdraw and it will give it to you all at once.
Re: Banking Sector And Theft by austine4real(m): 7:15pm On Jul 25, 2022
Let me help u open a fidelity bank business account with zero charges

Re: Banking Sector And Theft by ozoebuka1(m): 10:30pm On Jul 25, 2022
bigpicture001:

I still get month end debit from access bank while still getting the day-to-day debit from them.

Why is that, please can you explain better?
Re: Banking Sector And Theft by bigpicture001: 10:35pm On Jul 25, 2022
ozoebuka1:
I still get month end debit from access bank while still getting the day-to-day debit from them.

Why is that, please can you explain better?

Early month is card. Maintenance fee, on 24th is sms alert charge and day to day is FG electro nic transfer fee... Above 50k shld b stamp duty tax
Re: Banking Sector And Theft by chukskafor(m): 9:11am On Jul 26, 2022
I stopped using my access bank account years ago because of this similar issues above, funny enough, they debit me monthly for card maintenance even when I don't use an ATM card.

Now, it's uba that are driving me crazy recently with their little little charges on daily basis

Re: Banking Sector And Theft by ozoebuka1(m): 10:32pm On Jul 26, 2022
bigpicture001:

Early month is card. Maintenance fee, on 24th is sms alert charge and day to day is FG electro nic transfer fee... Above 50k shld b stamp duty tax
thanks for the clarification.

How I Was Scammed By Flourish_empire On IG, My Ordeal. / Watch Video: Kogi Pastor And Madman Fight BRUTALLY After Deliverance Went Wrong / Igbo Man Kills His Uncle,machetes His Own Father

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 72