Stats: 3,150,310 members, 7,808,046 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 05:42 AM

Peter Obi: I’ve Never Received Any Pension Since I Left Office 8 Years Ago - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Peter Obi: I’ve Never Received Any Pension Since I Left Office 8 Years Ago (20782 Views)

Soludo: When I Took Office, 8 LGAs Were Controlled By Criminals / Magu: I Have Never Received Bribe All My Life / Yari Paid Himself N360m Pension Shortly Before He Left Office - Zamfara Governor (2) (3) (4)

Peter Obi: I’ve Never Received Any Pension Since I Left Office 8 Years Ago by vicdom(m): 2:07pm On Jul 25, 2022
Presidential candidate of the Labour Party, Mr. Peter Obi, said he has never received any pension since he left office as the governor of Anambra state eight years ago.

Obi made this disclosure on Saturday, while speaking at a function in Umuahia, the Abia State capital.

He said, “Since I left office eight years ago, I have never received any pension. Anambra State has never bought me any pure water because governors should not have any retirement package.

“You came to serve and when you finish, you should go home. God has blessed you enough. Whatever power God has given you, it’s by grace. Don’t abuse the grace of God. We must stop abusing God’s grace in this country and use public funds to serve the people.”

The former Governor said that as he was exiting office, he invited the chief executives of three banks where he had warehoused state funds for the next administration and publicly handed them over to his successor.

“When I was leaving office as Anambra Governor, I invited the Managing Director of Access Bank, Diamond Bank, and Fidelity Bank, and told them publicly that the balance of Anambra State money I kept in each of those banks was $50 million, and N12 billion each. They publicly confirmed it and I told them to give it to my successor to use and develop the state.

“Nobody asked me to save the money but it’s a public fund not my own. I needed to use it to work for the people.”

Obi said Nigeria must transition from a consuming nation to a producing nation if it wanted to survive.

“Nigeria is a country with a landmass of 923,000 square kilometers and a population of 200 million people. God blessed us with everything but we have over 100 million people living in poverty.

“Last year, Nigeria’s total export including oil was less than$30 billion but Vietnam has 331,000 square kilometers of land with a population of 100 million people, and their total export was $312 billion. Yet they have no oil. Their export is manufactured goods,” he said.

https://www.vanguardngr.com/2022/07/ive-never-received-any-pension-since-i-left-office-8-years-ago-peter-obi/

196 Likes 20 Shares

Re: Peter Obi: I’ve Never Received Any Pension Since I Left Office 8 Years Ago by Kalashnikov49: 2:11pm On Jul 25, 2022
Tinubu STILL WAREHOUSES LAGOS STATE MONEY TILL 2MORO...and Agbado miscreants want to elevate a known kleptomaniac to sainthood levels??...NEVER!!

Tinubu'S LABOURS WILL END IN DEATH and he wont be PRESIDENT...FACTS!!

406 Likes 33 Shares

Re: Peter Obi: I’ve Never Received Any Pension Since I Left Office 8 Years Ago by YourhealthNG2(m): 2:15pm On Jul 25, 2022
Now compare and contrast with the APC candidate..

Yet some people are still looking for reasons to make up their mind on who to vote

For me and my family, we are Proudly Obidient..

A vote for Peter Obi is a vote for prudence, capacity, character, competence, courage and visionary leadership.

404 Likes 32 Shares

Re: Peter Obi: I’ve Never Received Any Pension Since I Left Office 8 Years Ago by WibusJaga: 2:17pm On Jul 25, 2022

These are the kind of persons that should be voted to hold Public Offices not polithiefcians like Tinubu who think public funds belong to them.
Infact 90% of those supporting that evil bat are either Bigots, Party affiliates or Brown envelope desperados eager to partake of his Bullion van loot.

306 Likes 25 Shares

Re: Peter Obi: I’ve Never Received Any Pension Since I Left Office 8 Years Ago by Massiveglory: 2:17pm On Jul 25, 2022
Meanwhile the direct opposite is the case in lagos .
Free yourself and nation from slavery and bondage.
Free yourself and generation from agbado-cassava slavery.
A new Nigeria is possible.
Peter Obi- Datti Ahmed 2023.

259 Likes 16 Shares

Re: Peter Obi: I’ve Never Received Any Pension Since I Left Office 8 Years Ago by Odin13: 2:24pm On Jul 25, 2022
This man is really not serious

So you’ve not receive pension .. how is that anybody’s bussines..
you wear one watch .. how’s that anyhumans bussiness

Your son no get car.. how’s that our business

You’re stingy with public funds .. wetin you come carry a.m. do?
Meaning you lack ideas . Simply reason you couldn’t invest it and the next government merry it away

I don’t understand Obi

All I know is that he’s IPOB and Ekpa Simeon candinate
A vote for obi is a vote for a national Monday sit at home

A vote for obi will see IPOB and Ekpa burn Nigeria and Nigerians

A vote for obi is a vote for wide spread cannibalism and another level of inter state criminality of IPOB and esn

They will forcefully enlist your state youth into esn and IPOB and brainwashed them to kill you people in your state

A vote for obi is a vote for religious intolerance and rise in demonic worship as seen in Anambra State

What has obi done in anambra to help fight esn and IPOB

Ekpa and IPOB follows him on Twitter

Has obi ever caution them even when the killing and cannibilization was on heat in anambra ..

It took Soludo efforts ..

Meanwhile OBi was in the state all along

Nigerian youths are wiser than IPOB bingos

Only foolish Nigerian citzens will vote Obi

Power to the people
North 2023

62 Likes 22 Shares

Re: Peter Obi: I’ve Never Received Any Pension Since I Left Office 8 Years Ago by Nobody: 2:27pm On Jul 25, 2022
G
Re: Peter Obi: I’ve Never Received Any Pension Since I Left Office 8 Years Ago by StrongandMighty: 2:27pm On Jul 25, 2022
A very good man and more, how many past governors can beat their chest and say the the same thing? None!

Meanwhile the Iragbiji drug baron has been milking the whole of southwest dry 15years after he left seat! As if that's not enough he's now targeting our federal pocket, but God will shame him..

238 Likes 15 Shares

Re: Peter Obi: I’ve Never Received Any Pension Since I Left Office 8 Years Ago by YourhealthNG2(m): 2:32pm On Jul 25, 2022
Odin13:

Meaning you lack ideas . Simply reason you couldn’t invest it and the next government merry it away

I don’t understand Obi

A vote for obi is a vote for wide spread cannibalism and another level of inter state criminality of IPOB and esn

They will forcefully enlist your state youth into esn and IPOB and brainwashed them to kill you people in your state

A vote for obi is a vote for religious intolerance and rise in demonic worship as seen in Anambra State

Has obi ever caution them even when the killing and cannibilization was on heat in anambra ..

Power to the people
North 2023
You must be a joker..

Peter Obi is neither the Commander-in-Chief nor the current governor of Anambra State.

In case you don't know, the current governor of Anambra State is Soludo and he is doing his best to tame the insecurity.

When Peter Obi was governor of Anambra State he was confronted with the challenge of MASSOB secessionists. To his credit, he was able to crush them and restore peace to the state.

Let the current president and governor do their jobs.

292 Likes 19 Shares

Re: Peter Obi: I’ve Never Received Any Pension Since I Left Office 8 Years Ago by Vulturereloaded: 2:35pm On Jul 25, 2022
Unlike the drug lord that is still collecting pension and tax on behalf of his state.

Obi is the man jor.

107 Likes 9 Shares

Re: Peter Obi: I’ve Never Received Any Pension Since I Left Office 8 Years Ago by Akurakambe(m): 2:37pm On Jul 25, 2022
This is a fact. Can same be said about Tinubu the druggie. Shame on Tinubu and his online urchins.

Peter Obi will always say Go and Verify.

God bless Peter Obi
God bless OBIdient people

141 Likes 12 Shares

Re: Peter Obi: I’ve Never Received Any Pension Since I Left Office 8 Years Ago by Odin13: 2:38pm On Jul 25, 2022
YourhealthNG2:

You must be a joker..

Peter Obi is neither the Commander-in-Chief nor the current governor of Anambra State.

In case you don't know, the current governor of Anambra State is Soludo and he is doing his best to tame the insecurity.

When Peter Obi was governor of Anambra State he was confronted with the challenge of MASSOB secessionists. To his credit, he was able to crush them and restore peace to the state.

Let the current president and governor do their jobs.

If as a stakeholder in Anambra .. the crises and beheading in his state is not his business.. then we all should assume Nigeria is never and none of his business

He should focus more on his autopiloters and IPOB..
after all he gladly sits at home .. and sees no qualms about it .. even when anambrains are complaining

How will he the. Tackle Ekpa autopiloters and IPOB that has been beheading people in his state

A vote for Obi is a vote for ekpa and IPOB..

Obi lives in onitsha and sees no bad in their activities even when they behead house members and burn secretariate .. yet a former governor and presidential aspirants says its not his business

IPOB bingos are really unwise

13 Likes 7 Shares

Re: Peter Obi: I’ve Never Received Any Pension Since I Left Office 8 Years Ago by ImDStar: 2:39pm On Jul 25, 2022
E go reach your turn, just be patient.

Odin13:

I don’t understand Obi

Power to the people
North 2023

53 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Peter Obi: I’ve Never Received Any Pension Since I Left Office 8 Years Ago by jlinkd78(m): 2:40pm On Jul 25, 2022
Another c.v that's undisputed

53 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Peter Obi: I’ve Never Received Any Pension Since I Left Office 8 Years Ago by Oddfinder01: 2:42pm On Jul 25, 2022
Re: Peter Obi: I’ve Never Received Any Pension Since I Left Office 8 Years Ago by Odin13: 2:43pm On Jul 25, 2022
ImDStar:
E go reach your turn, just be patient.

Same with you.. e go reach you sooner than mine
If Obi ekpa and his autopiloters no reach you
Obi IPOB go get you.. if dem fail
Unknown gunmen.. still dey

No worry ..
OBi sponsors sabi cut head and burn houses ..

Who knows who is next .. maybe you

A vote for obi is a vote for IPOB and Ekpa

Atiku Okowa 2023

Nigeria. Must progress

Re: Peter Obi: I’ve Never Received Any Pension Since I Left Office 8 Years Ago by manutdrichie(m): 2:50pm On Jul 25, 2022
Him Tu Clean

The most clean man

49 Likes 1 Share

Re: Peter Obi: I’ve Never Received Any Pension Since I Left Office 8 Years Ago by posty56: 2:55pm On Jul 25, 2022
meanwhile Lagos treasury is Tinubu pension ,while using the likes of mc oluomo. to collect it,yet you see Yoruba people praising him , tufiakwa..

74 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Peter Obi: I’ve Never Received Any Pension Since I Left Office 8 Years Ago by petsey(m): 2:55pm On Jul 25, 2022
Lol…
Re: Peter Obi: I’ve Never Received Any Pension Since I Left Office 8 Years Ago by VladimirPutiin(m): 2:55pm On Jul 25, 2022

While Tinubu has usurped almost all the lands in Lagos and still enriching himself with Lagos money through Alpha Beta

50 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Peter Obi: I’ve Never Received Any Pension Since I Left Office 8 Years Ago by Chijeep(m): 2:55pm On Jul 25, 2022
God is your strength sir...
Let them continue to be using the money to sponsor their terrorists agenda.
GOD NO GO SHAME US....
Come 2023 we shall be OBIdient and YUSful

32 Likes 1 Share

Re: Peter Obi: I’ve Never Received Any Pension Since I Left Office 8 Years Ago by Brendaniel: 2:55pm On Jul 25, 2022
Each time I hear this man talk I just get happy...

God bless you Sir...

37 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Peter Obi: I’ve Never Received Any Pension Since I Left Office 8 Years Ago by iCauseTrouble: 2:56pm On Jul 25, 2022
Re: Peter Obi: I’ve Never Received Any Pension Since I Left Office 8 Years Ago by datola: 2:56pm On Jul 25, 2022
That's how it's supposed to be.

God bless you our incoming President

27 Likes 1 Share

Re: Peter Obi: I’ve Never Received Any Pension Since I Left Office 8 Years Ago by kenzysmith: 2:56pm On Jul 25, 2022
A
Re: Peter Obi: I’ve Never Received Any Pension Since I Left Office 8 Years Ago by Kehdob: 2:56pm On Jul 25, 2022
see below

Re: Peter Obi: I’ve Never Received Any Pension Since I Left Office 8 Years Ago by oluseyiforjesus(m): 2:56pm On Jul 25, 2022
Re: Peter Obi: I’ve Never Received Any Pension Since I Left Office 8 Years Ago by Lovenorth: 2:56pm On Jul 25, 2022
But you have been receiving ipob terrorists grin

Justice Mohammed Dattijo Bows Out From Supreme Court / Tinubu Orders Payments Of 9 Months Arrears For 400,000 N-Power Beneficiaries / 2023: Scramble For VP, Suspicion Rock South East