Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,149,819 members, 7,806,299 topics. Date: Tuesday, 23 April 2024 at 02:21 PM

Atletico Madrid Fans Protest Against Plans By Club To Sign Ronaldo - Sports - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / Atletico Madrid Fans Protest Against Plans By Club To Sign Ronaldo (37247 Views)

Real Madrid Fans Booed Ronaldo For A Bad Pass, He Went On To Score 4 (Throwback) / Real Madrid Fans Ask Hazard To Kiss The Badge / Cristiano Ronaldo Faces Ban For Swearing At Atletico Madrid Fans (Photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Atletico Madrid Fans Protest Against Plans By Club To Sign Ronaldo by Johnny147147: 5:11pm On Jul 25, 2022
Atletico Madrid supporters have kicked against the idea of their club signing Cristiano Ronaldo from Manchester United this summer, the Mirror reports.

Ronaldo has informed United that he wants to be granted a transfer away from the club, as he is frustrated at the lack of recruitment in the transfer window so far and is desperate to play in the Champions League next season.

The 37-year-old has been missing from United’s pre-season tours of Thailand and Australia for family reasons.

Also, speculation over his future has been rife, with Chelsea, Napoli, Barcelona, Paris Saint-Germain and Atletico Madrid among the clubs linked with him recently, with the latter the most persistent name in reports.

However, Atletico would reportedly need to dramatically reduce their wage bill to sign Ronaldo to comply with La Liga financial rules.

Another barrier to the deal is that Ronaldo turned out for Atleti’s arch rivals Real Madrid between 2009 and 2018 and Los Colchoneros fans are therefore not keen on his arrival at their club.

Angry supporters have united behind the hashtag #ContraCR7 [AgainstCR7] on Twitter to voice their displeasure and hopefully influence the club’s decision.

“If this one comes to my Atleti, I will cancel my two subscriptions…. We are not an asylum to collect scum,” one supporter tweeted.

“This is not just about Atletico fans, every club’s fans should reject Ronaldo,” another added.

“A clown who represents everything that is not Atleti. It would destroy the locker room, the fans and everything it touches. It is not even sustained sportingly, [he’s] in clear decline,” one Atleti supporter wrote. “At the Club we would never put the results of the brand, image or economic dividends before the sports or social ones,”
another agreed.

Ronaldo is under contract for a further 12 months at United, who are paying him around £500,000 per week in wages.

And new manager Erik ten Hag has been firm on his stance concerning Ronaldo’s future at the club.

“We are planning with Cristiano for this season, so that’s it and I am looking forward to working with him,” he said on July 11.

“I spoke with him before this issue came up. I had a really good conversation with him, but that will stay between me and him. But Cristiano is not for sale.”

https://www.completesports.com/atletico-madrid-fans-protest-against-plans-by-club-to-sign-ronaldo/

11 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Atletico Madrid Fans Protest Against Plans By Club To Sign Ronaldo by Fahdiga(m): 5:14pm On Jul 25, 2022
Ronaldo won't even go there.

60 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Atletico Madrid Fans Protest Against Plans By Club To Sign Ronaldo by Johnny147147: 5:19pm On Jul 25, 2022
Fahdiga:

Dude needs champions league football by all means possible...

111 Likes 6 Shares

Re: Atletico Madrid Fans Protest Against Plans By Club To Sign Ronaldo by pyyxxaro: 5:21pm On Jul 25, 2022
He should go and score hat trick in Europa League

172 Likes 12 Shares

Re: Atletico Madrid Fans Protest Against Plans By Club To Sign Ronaldo by Johnny147147: 5:29pm On Jul 25, 2022
pyyxxaro:
He should go and score hat trick in Europa League

U wicked grin grin grin

134 Likes 8 Shares

Re: Atletico Madrid Fans Protest Against Plans By Club To Sign Ronaldo by Wizywiz(m): 5:35pm On Jul 25, 2022
Johnny147147:

U wicked grin grin grin
but na true na grin grin..shey he loves creating records let him go and break and create more in Europa

114 Likes 8 Shares

Re: Atletico Madrid Fans Protest Against Plans By Club To Sign Ronaldo by Johnny147147: 5:41pm On Jul 25, 2022
Wizywiz:
but na true na grin grin..shey he loves creating records let him go and break and create more in Europa

Ronaldo fans go chop u raw for this table wey u shake. grin

Just watch dem go soon fly come

33 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Atletico Madrid Fans Protest Against Plans By Club To Sign Ronaldo by Wizywiz(m): 5:42pm On Jul 25, 2022
Johnny147147:

Ronaldo fans go chop u raw for this table wey u shake. grin

Just watch dem go soon fly come
grin grin I go jappa before Dem come ooooo...... grin grin...even athletico go soon reject....

7 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Atletico Madrid Fans Protest Against Plans By Club To Sign Ronaldo by Johnny147147: 5:45pm On Jul 25, 2022
Wizywiz:
grin grin I go jappa before Dem come ooooo...... grin grin...even athletico go soon reject....

Before u go enter motor dem don reach grin

Athleti don reject already cos dem go stand with the fans... Na fans be the club

3 Likes

Re: Atletico Madrid Fans Protest Against Plans By Club To Sign Ronaldo by Johnny147147: 5:46pm On Jul 25, 2022

1 Like

Re: Atletico Madrid Fans Protest Against Plans By Club To Sign Ronaldo by Popesuccess(m): 5:50pm On Jul 25, 2022
Fahdiga:
The same tricks he used with city before united resigned him. He wants to go back to Madrid but it seems they are not interested.

83 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Atletico Madrid Fans Protest Against Plans By Club To Sign Ronaldo by Wizywiz(m): 5:58pm On Jul 25, 2022
Johnny147147:

Before u go enter motor dem don reach grin

Athleti don reject already cos dem go stand with the fans... Na fans be the club
cheesy cheesy grin grin grin

1 Like

Re: Atletico Madrid Fans Protest Against Plans By Club To Sign Ronaldo by Cypher45: 5:58pm On Jul 25, 2022
Ronaldo you are going no where, you must play europa come next season. Atletico madrid fans no gree make him come o. Am outta here.

44 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Atletico Madrid Fans Protest Against Plans By Club To Sign Ronaldo by Johnny147147: 6:22pm On Jul 25, 2022
Cypher45:
Ronaldo you are going no where, you must play europa come next season. Atletico madrid fans no gree make him come o. Am outta here.

How about if he accepts a pay-cut to play for teams like Sporting CP just to play UCL?

12 Likes 1 Share

Re: Atletico Madrid Fans Protest Against Plans By Club To Sign Ronaldo by Fahdiga(m): 6:38pm On Jul 25, 2022
Popesuccess:
The same tricks he used with city before united resigned him. He wants to go back to Madrid but it seems they are not interested.
I de tell you.

7 Likes

Re: Atletico Madrid Fans Protest Against Plans By Club To Sign Ronaldo by Ade1177: 7:03pm On Jul 25, 2022
But wait oo

WHY NOT PLAY EUROPA AND HAVE THE CHANCE OF WINNING IT

THAN JOIN ANYHOW TEAM AND GET KNOCKED OUT IN GROUP STAGE

I'LL ADVICE RONALDO TO STAY

IBRAHIMOVIC PLAYED EUROPA
LEAVE MESSI ALONE TO BE STAYING UNDER THE SHADOW OF MBAPPE

ITS TOO OBVIOUS, MESSI IS THE 3RD MOST IMPORTANT PERSON EVEN IN PSG
MBAPPE FIRST
NEYMAR
MESSI

RONALDO SHOULD FORGET ABOUT COMPETITION WITH MESSI JARE

I RESPECT BOTH BUT NOT A DELUDED FAN
THEY WERE GREAT, YES! BUT SO MANY PLAYERS ARE BETTER CURRENTLY

THATS WHY COACHES DONT JUDGE THE WAY YOU PEOPLE JUDGE

MY FAVORITE PLAYER THAT CAN DO NO WRONG TO ME RIGHT NOW IS KDB

DEBRYUNE NEEDS MORE RECOGNITION

29 Likes

Re: Atletico Madrid Fans Protest Against Plans By Club To Sign Ronaldo by Johnny147147: 8:40am On Jul 26, 2022
Ade1177:
But wait oo

MBAPPE FIRST
NEYMAR
MESSI

Dude is a genius even at 37. United still pleads he remains. He still does unimaginable things at that age.

29 Likes

Re: Atletico Madrid Fans Protest Against Plans By Club To Sign Ronaldo by Johnny147147: 8:43am On Jul 26, 2022
Semid4lyfe, honeric01, seun... Do justice
Re: Atletico Madrid Fans Protest Against Plans By Club To Sign Ronaldo by 2dominate: 9:10am On Jul 26, 2022
Fahdiga:
He's desperate, he would go if the opportunity arises.

7 Likes

Re: Atletico Madrid Fans Protest Against Plans By Club To Sign Ronaldo by 2dominate: 9:11am On Jul 26, 2022
Ade1177:
But wait oo

MBAPPE FIRST
NEYMAR
MESSI

KDB that disappeared against madrid, he good but hes mate are plenty.

17 Likes 1 Share

Re: Atletico Madrid Fans Protest Against Plans By Club To Sign Ronaldo by Johnny147147: 10:50am On Jul 26, 2022
2dominate:

KDB that disappeared against madrid, he good but hes mate are plenty.

People on KDB's level are few. Just admit it

18 Likes

Re: Atletico Madrid Fans Protest Against Plans By Club To Sign Ronaldo by BlaqFaze: 12:45pm On Jul 26, 2022
Ade1177:
But wait oo

MBAPPE FIRST
NEYMAR
MESSI

That's why the crap is being rejected everywhere but PSG are trying to tie down Messi to another contract undecided

52 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Atletico Madrid Fans Protest Against Plans By Club To Sign Ronaldo by Panda7(m): 1:39pm On Jul 26, 2022
Johnny147147:

https://www.apex-football.com/news/atletico-madrid-fans-protest-against-plans-by-club-to-sign-ronaldo-4a8bbac6220725en_ng/

the end of ronaldo cheesy grin cool
monkey dey work, baboon dey chopcheesy grin cool
no more gayacheesy grin cool

end ronaldo, end racism
shocked grin cheesy kiss smiley

12 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Atletico Madrid Fans Protest Against Plans By Club To Sign Ronaldo by Johnny147147: 1:40pm On Jul 26, 2022
BlaqFaze:
That's why the crap is being rejected everywhere but PSG are trying to tie down Messi to another contract undecided

Check age difference and performance.

Ronaldo looks a king than Messi

6 Likes

Re: Atletico Madrid Fans Protest Against Plans By Club To Sign Ronaldo by angelfallz(m): 1:53pm On Jul 26, 2022
Lol there's is no need for that. Ronaldo is not going to Atletico Madrid. Why? Because Ronaldo is not a Simeone player.
I would not be surprised if it was Ronaldo's entourage that planted that fake news in the first place.

Ronaldo is currently in Manchester to discuss his future. I laughed when i saw that headline.
Which future is he discussing with United? Nobody wants him, if indeed he was wanted, a club would have made an offer for him by now. But no club has done that.
Ronaldo is stuck in United, and if he doesn't take time he would rot on the bench.

Ronaldo by now should have realised that his time at the top is over. When even last year, how many clubs wanted to buy him from Juventus? None! (Don't believe that nonsense that man city wanted to buy him) Manchester United being Manchester United bought him.

Elite Football now can not accommodate Ronaldo. This is a fact. It is not an insult. It is just that Ronaldo's time is over.

He is one of the greatest football players ever but his time at the top is over.

35 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Atletico Madrid Fans Protest Against Plans By Club To Sign Ronaldo by Ade1177: 2:41pm On Jul 26, 2022
BlaqFaze:
I'm not a fan or Ronaldo or messi read it again

They are both very very good

The best

Their time has past, although Ronaldo will play longer than MESSI

But messi is being tied down doesn't mean he's more important than mbappe in psg unless you're a messi fan

Mbappe forget about the money he's collecting

He's psg best player

I don't like him much
But he's been very very good
.call a spade a spade

12 Likes 1 Share

Re: Atletico Madrid Fans Protest Against Plans By Club To Sign Ronaldo by Ade1177: 2:48pm On Jul 26, 2022
angelfallz:
Lol there's is no need for that. Ronaldo is not going to Atletico Madrid. Why? Because Dunlap is not a Simeone player.
I would not be surprised if it was Ronaldo's entourage that planned that fake need in the first place.

Ronaldo is currently in Manchester to discuss his future. I laughed when i saw that headline.
Which future is he discussing with United? Nobody wants him, of indeed he was wanted a club would have made an offer for fun by now. But no club has done that.
Ronaldo is struck in United, and if he doesn't take time he would rot on the bench.

Ronaldo by now should have realised that his time at the top is over. When even last year, how many clubs wanted to buy him from Juventus? None! (Don't believe that nonsense that man city wanted to buy him) Manchester United being Manchester United bought him.

Elite Football now can not accommodate Ronaldo. This is a fact. It is not an insult. It is just period that Ronaldo's time is over.

He is one of the greatest football players ever but his time at the top is over.
Fact tho

But mention any striker better than him currently in the premier league

Not wingers o, don't mention Salah

Ronaldo is no longer a winger but a pure striker

Out of all the good strikers in the premier league

He still outscored them all with son and Salah above him as wingers

All strikers that were younger and "better" scored less

Pls note "playmaking doesn't win matches!!! Dribble doesn't win matches, being proficient doesn't win matches!!! Goals win matches. Winning matches win cups and leagues"

if his goals were not canceled by the team conceding everytime

We won't be having this discussion

But we're here because his goals importance was not felt as his team finished outside top 4

But call a spade a spade, his time is not over

If at 41 you are not saying zlatan time is over

THEN RONALDO AT 41 TIME WONT BE OVER AS LONG AS HE KEEPS BEING THE BEST PLAYER IN THE TEAM AND TOP SCORER AS A STRIKER IN THE LEAGUE

"HIS JOB IS NOT TO DEFEND!!!!!!!!"

Stop blaming him for other people's rubbish performance

Imagine you as a player you're scoring goals and someone is playing rubbish like Rashford and mctominay and maguire and your team keeps collecting wotowoto everytime

Will you, You yourself, will you be happy when you scored?

And people are blaming you instead of others, put yourself in that scenario then judge it

Forget Ronaldo, if you play football you should be able to answer that

20 Likes

Re: Atletico Madrid Fans Protest Against Plans By Club To Sign Ronaldo by Niklaus398: 3:00pm On Jul 26, 2022
angelfallz:
Lol there's is no need for that. Ronaldo is not going to Atletico Madrid. Why? Because Dunlap is not a Simeone player.
I would not be surprised if it was Ronaldo's entourage that planned that fake need in the first place.

Which future is he discussing with United? Nobody wants him, of indeed he was wanted a club would have made an offer for fun by now. But no club has done that.
Ronaldo is struck in United, and if he doesn't take time he would rot on the bench.

Elite Football now can not accommodate Ronaldo. This is a fact. It is not an insult. It is just period that Ronaldo's time is over.

shutup hater..
Time at the top is over and yet scored 18 goals last season. U lack common sense seriously

8 Likes

Re: Atletico Madrid Fans Protest Against Plans By Club To Sign Ronaldo by 2dominate: 3:50pm On Jul 26, 2022
Johnny147147:

People on KDB's level are few. Just admit it
Why should i just admit it, there is nothing exceptional about him he his good though.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Atletico Madrid Fans Protest Against Plans By Club To Sign Ronaldo by angelfallz(m): 4:13pm On Jul 26, 2022
grin grin grin
I'm actually a Ronaldo supporter. I prefer prime Ronaldo to prime Messi.
You are only looking at goals, his contribution to team attacks and defence is non existent.
No elite team would want him even with his goals. Why? Because football has changed, you attack with 11 you defend with 11. With Ronaldo you're basically playing with -1
Bayern, Chelsea (wey no even get striker), PSG have all rejected a chance to sign him. That tells you a lot.
His time at the top is over. He should face that reality. If he doesn't take time, he would rot on United's bench.
Niklaus398:
shutup hater..
Time at the top is over and yet scored 18 goals last season. U lack common sense seriously

10 Likes 1 Share

Re: Atletico Madrid Fans Protest Against Plans By Club To Sign Ronaldo by Niklaus398: 4:28pm On Jul 26, 2022
angelfallz:
grin grin grin
I'm actually a Ronaldo supporter. I prefer prime Ronaldo to prime Messi.
You are only looking at goals, his contribution to team attacks and defence is non existent.
No elite team would want him even with his goals. Why? Because football has changed, you attack with 11 you defend with 11. With Ronaldo you're basically playing with -1
Bayern, Chelsea (wey no even get striker), PSG have all rejected a chance to sign him. That tells you a lot.
His time at the top is over. He should face that reality. If he doesn't take time, he would rot on United's bench.
Ronaldo rot at United bench?. Now I know you are clown.
Is it same United Ferguson still has influence over? Is it same United Ronaldo still has influence in? Guy stop clowning ok.

If Ronaldo will stay in man United, watch and see he will cook in this team. Ronaldo has always plays to a manager instructions. He gives same energy his teammates give. If they put him the effort, he will too.

Ronaldo is playing same way he played at Madrid. Madrid wasn't a pressing team and yet they're successful cause of good players and the mentality there. United players should bringon a winning mentality like Madrid and we will win title.
Stop looking for a scapegoat in man United failure.
If you need one go for the defense that keep fucking up.

Let me give you an eg, against Spurs Ronaldo scored, and man United conceded few minutes later. I guess it's Ronaldo's fault?

Una na real clowns... Ronaldo haters.

Why man United failed last season was they lacked winning mentality and they depended to much on Ronaldo. Now with ten hag, things will be different cause everybody will bring their A-Game and Man United will be successful trophywise too.

There's a reason Ten hag wants him to stay, cause like blind bats like you (Ronaldo haters) he sees better and more. He knows the advantages he will get with Ronaldo in the team. Nigga can fuckingly change a game with one hand. Eg Villarreal, Atalanta

12 Likes 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Pinnick Wanted To Kick Out Ahmad, CAF President — But His Plans Backfired / EPL: Michael Emenalo Blamed For Chelsea’s Woes / Checkout The Biggest Transfers In Football

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 63
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.