Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,440 members, 7,808,577 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 01:39 PM

Why I Adopted Tobi Amusan – Ogun Governor, Dapo Abiodun - Sports - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / Why I Adopted Tobi Amusan – Ogun Governor, Dapo Abiodun (45297 Views)

Dapo Abiodun Donates House, Other Gifts, To Tobi Amusan / Nigeria's Tobi Amusan Broke The World Record Twice In One Night / Olympics: Tobi Amusan Qualifies For Semi-Final In Women’s 100m Hurdles (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Why I Adopted Tobi Amusan – Ogun Governor, Dapo Abiodun by PremiumTech: 2:59am On Jul 26, 2022
Dapo Abiodun, the governor of Ogun State, has claimed that he recently adopted Tobi Amusan in order to advance her career.

This was mentioned by the governor in a message of congratulations to Amusan for helping Nigeria win the women's 100-meter hurdles gold medal at the 2022 World Athletics Championship.

Amusan's accomplishment in the sports competition's semifinals established a new global record, and she became the first Nigerian woman to win a World Championship.

Abiodun, however, said in a statement he personally signed on Monday in Abeokuta that Amusan's accomplishment had made the people of Ogun State proud.

Additionally, the governor wished Amusan success.

"We congratulate and celebrate with Ms. Tobi Amusan, a proud daughter of Ogun State whom I adopted a few months ago to help her career, on her gold-winning performance in the women's 100-meter hurdles in a time that broke the world mark (12.06 seconds).

"As a State, we are pleased with your accomplishments and wish you continued success in the years to come."

On April 26, the governor adopted Amusan.

The adoption came after Mr. Sunday Dare, the minister of youth and sports development, paid a visit to the governor. Through his adopt-a-talent program, state governors, private citizens, and corporate entities adopted some of the Tokyo Olympics athletes by contributing money directly to their accounts to aid in their early preparations for the Games.

Speaking to Sunday Dare on a courtesy call, Mr. Abiodun said he decided to adopt Amusan not just because she is a native of the region but also because she embodies the talent and perseverance of Nigerians.

After taking home a silver medal at the African Youth Championships in 2013, Amusan made her presence known before capping it off with a gold medal at the 2015 African Junior Athletics Championship in Addis Abeba, Ethiopia

She earned the event's African champion title for 2019 and the 2018 Commonwealth.

Amusan has also won the African Games two times.

Following her accomplishment at the 2019 World Championships in Doha, she was rated fourth in the world.

Source: The Bureau

45 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Why I Adopted Tobi Amusan – Ogun Governor, Dapo Abiodun by FatherBona: 4:10am On Jul 26, 2022
Success has many friends

400 Likes 17 Shares

Re: Why I Adopted Tobi Amusan – Ogun Governor, Dapo Abiodun by otipoju(m): 4:33am On Jul 26, 2022
Stupid man . You claim to have adopted a full grown adult who is capable of bearing children. Someone that was schooling in Texas in 2016 at the University level.

Even if you sponsored her trainings in 2021, did you do it with your personal money or that of tax payers which you are a merely a custodian of.

Or on a good day, government is not meant to have programs in place to ensure athletes that represent the country are well trained and catered for.

Once again very stupid man.

298 Likes 17 Shares

Re: Why I Adopted Tobi Amusan – Ogun Governor, Dapo Abiodun by Nobody: 4:47am On Jul 26, 2022
Why u no adopt portable?

370 Likes 15 Shares

Re: Why I Adopted Tobi Amusan – Ogun Governor, Dapo Abiodun by Commentor: 5:16am On Jul 26, 2022
The adoption came after Mr. Sunday Dare, the minister of youth and sports development, paid a visit to the governor. Through his adopt-a-talent program, state governors, private citizens, and corporate entities adopted some of the Tokyo Olympics athletes by contributing money directly to their accounts to aid in their early preparations for the Games.

Nice one.

Some people wish it was Obi that did this.

91 Likes 8 Shares

Re: Why I Adopted Tobi Amusan – Ogun Governor, Dapo Abiodun by chigoziri2403(m): 5:42am On Jul 26, 2022
When you are successful, everyone knows your name

78 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Why I Adopted Tobi Amusan – Ogun Governor, Dapo Abiodun by adecz: 5:43am On Jul 26, 2022
grin

But no South East governor wants
to adopt the talented Nollywood actor
Kenneth Aguba, to harness his renown
acting potentials grin grin grin

♥♥ All he has ever asked for is an Israeli
virgin ... ☺️☺️☺️

76 Likes 6 Shares

Re: Why I Adopted Tobi Amusan – Ogun Governor, Dapo Abiodun by MMWandali: 5:43am On Jul 26, 2022
Is she the one to adopt you or
You adopt her

She seems more capable of adopting you than vice versa

Who knows you in this world?
Someone recently referred to you as "this thing"

44 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why I Adopted Tobi Amusan – Ogun Governor, Dapo Abiodun by Elidrisy20: 5:44am On Jul 26, 2022
Water e no get enemy

11 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why I Adopted Tobi Amusan – Ogun Governor, Dapo Abiodun by EndWeakerection: 5:45am On Jul 26, 2022
Okay ooo
Re: Why I Adopted Tobi Amusan – Ogun Governor, Dapo Abiodun by lonelydora: 5:45am On Jul 26, 2022
Success has many friends!

Honestly, this Tobi is just an osa (squirrel). See how fast she jumps

36 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Why I Adopted Tobi Amusan – Ogun Governor, Dapo Abiodun by Unzerious: 5:45am On Jul 26, 2022
What an adoption undecided

3 Likes

Re: Why I Adopted Tobi Amusan – Ogun Governor, Dapo Abiodun by favour32(m): 5:45am On Jul 26, 2022
otipoju:
Stupid man . You adopted a full grown adult who is capable of bearing children.
Na Nigeria politicians game he dey play so.

16 Likes

Re: Why I Adopted Tobi Amusan – Ogun Governor, Dapo Abiodun by osejie17(m): 5:45am On Jul 26, 2022
HeroHero:
Why u no adopt portable?
grin
HeroHero:
Why u no adopt portable?

3 Likes

Re: Why I Adopted Tobi Amusan – Ogun Governor, Dapo Abiodun by phemmyfour: 5:45am On Jul 26, 2022
Clout chasing

APC will soon put her on the list of their achievement

25 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Why I Adopted Tobi Amusan – Ogun Governor, Dapo Abiodun by Antoeni(m): 5:46am On Jul 26, 2022
This Life Nor Balance Sha

27 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why I Adopted Tobi Amusan – Ogun Governor, Dapo Abiodun by relicng: 5:46am On Jul 26, 2022
Okay
Re: Why I Adopted Tobi Amusan – Ogun Governor, Dapo Abiodun by Trapnews: 5:49am On Jul 26, 2022
grin
Re: Why I Adopted Tobi Amusan – Ogun Governor, Dapo Abiodun by Machinegun91(m): 5:50am On Jul 26, 2022
Is she an orphanage?

5 Likes

Re: Why I Adopted Tobi Amusan – Ogun Governor, Dapo Abiodun by Mrkumareze(m): 5:50am On Jul 26, 2022
HeroHero:
Why u no adopt portable?

cheesy your head get oil

7 Likes

Re: Why I Adopted Tobi Amusan – Ogun Governor, Dapo Abiodun by AntiChristian: 5:52am On Jul 26, 2022
Tobi wọn for Nigeria!

Not for the Zoo!
Not for Oduduwa Republic!
Not for Biafla!
Not for Arewa!

Nigeria can be better than this if we the masses do good to ourselves!

14 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Why I Adopted Tobi Amusan – Ogun Governor, Dapo Abiodun by inoki247: 5:52am On Jul 26, 2022
Goan adopt Ogun state road...

I know say everybody go soon dey snap with the Girl especially that VP wey like Camera pass woman....

10 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why I Adopted Tobi Amusan – Ogun Governor, Dapo Abiodun by Axis313(m): 5:52am On Jul 26, 2022
Hmm,success they say has many parents,but failure is an orphan.Before now this man never mentioned that lady in any of his speeches,na now he remember he is her adopted father,he remain small make e talk say na him born am.
Just doing anything to get reelected.

I am just thinking,assuming (God forbid),if the International doping Agency find some banned substances in the lady's system,collect back her medals and ban her,I am 100% sure those politicians congratulating her now including her adopted father will dump her and throw her to the wolves.

7 Likes

Re: Why I Adopted Tobi Amusan – Ogun Governor, Dapo Abiodun by Toneypen247(m): 5:55am On Jul 26, 2022
Success has many friends but failure..... cry
Hustle ooh.
Before now, the Governor no talk, but after her wins yesterday, Ajala don go orphanage home adopt pikin. lipsrsealed undecided cry

Ashiere angry

13 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Why I Adopted Tobi Amusan – Ogun Governor, Dapo Abiodun by Omonieme: 5:57am On Jul 26, 2022
Lol. Famzing. Congrats to Tobi and everyone that helped in her journey. Omooor, I thought I had no more feelings for this country until I watched her being presented with her medal and the national anthem being played. Cold enter my body walahi.
Schools are going on holidays soon and this is the best time for you to get a car, cruise around with your family during the holidays and prepare for school runs for the next academic year. I've got a few mouth watering auto deals lined up for you. Wwhy not click on my profile and check them out? And believe me, I've got more deals than jut those on my profile. Maybe you can also send a whatsapp message if none of those on the profile catches your fancy.

3 Likes

Re: Why I Adopted Tobi Amusan – Ogun Governor, Dapo Abiodun by Taich(m): 5:58am On Jul 26, 2022
Congratulations to Tobi, looks like people that bears that name always excel. I hope Mr Governor actually did contribute financially or the money is still with accounts and will soon be released?

4 Likes

Re: Why I Adopted Tobi Amusan – Ogun Governor, Dapo Abiodun by cezarman(m): 6:00am On Jul 26, 2022
Crafty, Shameless politician.

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why I Adopted Tobi Amusan – Ogun Governor, Dapo Abiodun by Nobody: 6:00am On Jul 26, 2022
Olé Leleyi O cheesy

2 Likes

Re: Why I Adopted Tobi Amusan – Ogun Governor, Dapo Abiodun by gozie112(m): 6:01am On Jul 26, 2022
HeroHero:
Why u no adopt portable?
no mind the bleaching governor

1 Like

Re: Why I Adopted Tobi Amusan – Ogun Governor, Dapo Abiodun by Christane: 6:02am On Jul 26, 2022
Machinegun91:
Is she an orphanage?
correct yourself...u shud av said is she an orphan.... not orphanage

18 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

28-Year-Old Manchester United Fan Who Died Watching Match In Calabar Buried / Gaelle Enganamouit Retires From Football. / Azerbaijan Vs Nigeria (0 - 11): U-17 Women's World Cup On Tuesday Sept-25-2012

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 28
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.