Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,143,497 members, 7,781,495 topics. Date: Friday, 29 March 2024 at 03:30 PM

Atiku Vs. Obi: How Each Of Them Intend To Fix Nigeria's Power Problem - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Atiku Vs. Obi: How Each Of Them Intend To Fix Nigeria's Power Problem (28255 Views)

Siemens Extends Completion Of Nigeria’s Power Project To 2030 / Atiku Vs Tinubu Vs Obi How They Stand On National Development Benchmarks / Atiku Vs Buhari: Daily Trust Newspaper Opinion Poll (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Atiku Vs. Obi: How Each Of Them Intend To Fix Nigeria's Power Problem by SEGLIZ: 10:02am On Jul 26, 2022
atiku has brought and bought us enough problem fixing it should be out of it for him we would learn to fix it ourselves.

1 Like

Re: Atiku Vs. Obi: How Each Of Them Intend To Fix Nigeria's Power Problem by Johnny147147: 10:02am On Jul 26, 2022
All talk and no work makes Buhari a dull boy.

They talk but can't act the talk
Re: Atiku Vs. Obi: How Each Of Them Intend To Fix Nigeria's Power Problem by prophetwis: 10:02am On Jul 26, 2022
I still wonder why people cant promote their candidates without linking Obi to it.
Re: Atiku Vs. Obi: How Each Of Them Intend To Fix Nigeria's Power Problem by bmdmix11: 10:03am On Jul 26, 2022
KikBuhari2Daura:
Obi is a good man but unfortunately he lacks the experience. Governance at National level goes beyond telling stories.

I find his story about buying fuel for his convoy as a Governor very repulsive, as a leader you must delegate you must have people you can trust to help you deliver, no man is an island.
vote tinubu then make we rest

1 Like

Re: Atiku Vs. Obi: How Each Of Them Intend To Fix Nigeria's Power Problem by Khaleefa1804: 10:05am On Jul 26, 2022
ochejoseph:
Atiku vs. Obi: How Each Of Them Intend to Fix Nigeria's Power Problem

During his Arise Interview, Nigeria's former Vice President and Presidential Candidate of the PDP was asked a simple question on how he intend to fix Nigeria's power problems.

He was practical in his response which centered around decentralizing generation and transmission which he intends to achieve by:

1. Fixing turbines on the Dams that are idling away in the Northern states of Nigeria and embracing solar energy.

2.Using the massive deposits of coal in Enugu to power the deficits in the South East since we are still a developing country.

3. Using the existing gas reserves in the South South to power existing gas powered stations across Nigeria

Peter Obi his former running mate and ex governor of Anambra now presidential candidate of Labour Party was asked thesame simple question on what his plans for fixing our power problems are, he wasted 4 mins saying virtually nothing:

He referred us to go and read what the leader of Singapore and the ruler of Dubai said about what people are doing right.

His knowledge of our current problems and potentials that can be quickly transformed to fix the problem was very poor.

His response to the problem of lingering ASUU strike was equally poor. Instead of answering the question the man went off point talking about out of school children providing statistics that were already out dated.

Dont take my word for it here are the videos, watch it and make your own judgement.

Source 1: https://twitter.com/emmaikumeh/status/1551214135253270531?t=-BmHvUgADhUGkm_mh2Wk_Q&s=19

Source 2: https://twitter.com/channelstv/status/1551641001885945861?t=pgUE1Bx3_Ab9A7MO9KxExA&s=19

Source 3:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ITsv3vtrfh8

May God Help Us to Help Ourselves in 2023
Lols so speech is now important. We await a debate. The issue about politicizing questions just to sweet the ears. Peter Obi was practically saying what is feasible on the shortest possible time. Atiku is talking mundane things when we should emulate a country who did it better
Re: Atiku Vs. Obi: How Each Of Them Intend To Fix Nigeria's Power Problem by Amavisca(m): 10:05am On Jul 26, 2022
KikBuhari2Daura:
Obi is a good man but unfortunately he lacks the experience. Governance at National level goes beyond telling stories.

I find his story about buying fuel for his convoy as a Governor very repulsive, as a leader you must delegate you must have people you can trust to help you deliver, no man is an island.

Just like Buhari is working with people he trusted.
Good idea.
Re: Atiku Vs. Obi: How Each Of Them Intend To Fix Nigeria's Power Problem by Samskid310(m): 10:05am On Jul 26, 2022
Emi lokan can do better

Re: Atiku Vs. Obi: How Each Of Them Intend To Fix Nigeria's Power Problem by Nobody: 10:06am On Jul 26, 2022
@OP.

What you reveal just shows that only dreamers, fantasist, gullible elements and ignorant folks are supporting Obi.

I don't rate Atiku but would accept him as President any day rather than the liar, propagandists and deceitful scammer called Peter Obi.

Study Obi carefully and you will note he is a carefully packaged scam. His record as Governor is totally empty and below average.

People forget he was governor in the Era of the likes of Duke, Fashola, Akpabio and others who stood out for achievement no one could doubt. Whereas everything about Obi is more propaganda than substance.

Visiting Egypt, hanging around Downing Street in London, taking silly pictures with Nigerian taxi driver in the UK ,who gave messiah Obi 'free ride, to even Hollywood A list actors endorsing Obi.

It is all scams and deceit with Obi we have not seen from Tinubu, Atiku, Kwankwaso or even Sowore who is a bit of a showman.

When Obi talks it is all evasive rhetoric with zero substance. Neubulous jargon that can't fool any averagely intelligent analyst.

I laugh at Obidullards who think attacking Tinubu is a wise strategy. Tinubu cannot join issues with the upstart Obi.

Campaign will separate the men from boys. When you talk about security Kwankwaso, Obi and Atiku will all spout rhetoric.

Yet Tinubu has been there, done it and got the t-shirt. He can point to RRS, perhaps the most professional subdivision of the Nigerian police force, he created, equipped and funded innovatively.

No be 'dem say dem say' of Obi, Kwankwaso etal.

If you want to talk economics, Tinubu simply has to point to his achievement of making Lagos the 5th or 6th biggest economy in Africa, richer than nations like Ghana, while Obi's and Kwankwaso's reign as Governors were mediocre and completely unremarkable.

Let's not even talk about the likes of Eko Atlantic City that is a stupendous ode to Tinubu's unreal vision and ability to concieve great ideas.

All in all, the reality is that no other can match Tinubu, not even remotely close, if we talk about record and achievements in political leadership and public administration.

5 Likes

Re: Atiku Vs. Obi: How Each Of Them Intend To Fix Nigeria's Power Problem by MacWin155(m): 10:07am On Jul 26, 2022
Atiku appeals to the mind of those who are unknowledgeable in how these things work.

Do you think the things he promises he will do?

Why haven't the present goverment done it, if it was so feasible?

He is giving you local solutions to a national problem and you wholly accept it as what is the standard. Solutions that have always been what Nigerians think will be the solution.

But Peter Obi took a voyage to seek knowledge outside on how to address the issue and if you listen intently to his words, he has the solution. He didn't go for fun. He went to study.

But you're too biased, blind, and ignorant to truth.

I'll accept criticisms if I'm wrong.

May God help us Nigerians. May we not be out own enemy.

3 Likes

Re: Atiku Vs. Obi: How Each Of Them Intend To Fix Nigeria's Power Problem by janvier27(m): 10:07am On Jul 26, 2022
Obi shouldn't have allowed that channels interview if he knew he wasn't prepared.

1 Like

Re: Atiku Vs. Obi: How Each Of Them Intend To Fix Nigeria's Power Problem by KikBuhari2Daura: 10:07am On Jul 26, 2022
bmdmix11:
vote tinubu then make we rest

I reject it in Jesus name chai .......Atiku is coming
Re: Atiku Vs. Obi: How Each Of Them Intend To Fix Nigeria's Power Problem by BIXYBABE: 10:08am On Jul 26, 2022
I just love this Obi.......the man of integrity......If I no vote this man make God punish me....let retire olg cargoes.....Hunger wan kill person here.

1 Like

Re: Atiku Vs. Obi: How Each Of Them Intend To Fix Nigeria's Power Problem by MondayOsunbor(m): 10:09am On Jul 26, 2022
PandoraObi:
Non of them

obj gave 16 billions Dollars when bill gates was the rich man in the world at 38 Billion to fix NEPA

we are living witness to his success !

the same man ever have been trying to become president ever since

1 Like

Re: Atiku Vs. Obi: How Each Of Them Intend To Fix Nigeria's Power Problem by maxzzo1(m): 10:10am On Jul 26, 2022
Interesting how about d agbado and cassava man?
Re: Atiku Vs. Obi: How Each Of Them Intend To Fix Nigeria's Power Problem by eniteden(m): 10:11am On Jul 26, 2022
Bros. We need people that are truthful who can manage our resources, this things you mentioned up there can be achieve with just putting the right person in charge. Personally i like Atiku, he is a lesser evil but i still prefer Obi, we need younger and fresher hands.

Lets try ObiDatti please. Money no go miss grin

1 Like

Re: Atiku Vs. Obi: How Each Of Them Intend To Fix Nigeria's Power Problem by Nobody: 10:11am On Jul 26, 2022
ochejoseph:
Atiku vs. Obi: How Each Of Them Intend to Fix Nigeria's Power Problem

During his Arise Interview, Nigeria's former Vice President and Presidential Candidate of the PDP was asked a simple question on how he intend to fix Nigeria's power problems.

He was practical in his response which centered around decentralizing generation and transmission which he intends to achieve by:

1. Fixing turbines on the Dams that are idling away in the Northern states of Nigeria and embracing solar energy.

2.Using the massive deposits of coal in Enugu to power the deficits in the South East since we are still a developing country.

3. Using the existing gas reserves in the South South to power existing gas powered stations across Nigeria

Peter Obi his former running mate and ex governor of Anambra now presidential candidate of Labour Party was asked thesame simple question on what his plans for fixing our power problems are, he wasted 4 mins saying virtually nothing:

He referred us to go and read what the leader of Singapore and the ruler of Dubai said about what people are doing right.

His knowledge of our current problems and potentials that can be quickly transformed to fix the problem was very poor.

His response to the problem of lingering ASUU strike was equally poor. Instead of answering the question the man went off point talking about out of school children providing statistics that were already out dated.

Dont take my word for it here are the videos, watch it and make your own judgement.

Source 1: https://twitter.com/emmaikumeh/status/1551214135253270531?t=-BmHvUgADhUGkm_mh2Wk_Q&s=19

Source 2: https://twitter.com/channelstv/status/1551641001885945861?t=pgUE1Bx3_Ab9A7MO9KxExA&s=19

Source 3:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ITsv3vtrfh8

May God Help Us to Help Ourselves in 2023

Nah talk be this. You can't fix power doing what Atiku said. His not a professional in the field.

You engage professionals to do the job but you give them the goal and objective.
Re: Atiku Vs. Obi: How Each Of Them Intend To Fix Nigeria's Power Problem by nwokoocha: 10:13am On Jul 26, 2022
cool

Buhari cannot hand over to his fellow Fulani man after 8 years in office, it calls for disintegration of Nigeria.

Atiku should stop wasting his time and resources, because 2023 belongs to the South. Any Southerner that vote for Atiku must be suffering from mental disorder.

Atiku, don't say i did not warn you, collapse your structure and support either Tinubu or Peter Obi, because you can't take Southern turn, it's not possible, and you will never succeed as far as Nigeria is concerned.

Buhari will hand over to the South and there is nothing Atiku can do about it.

No one prefer Atiku in the South West, South South, and South East because he bought their Presidential slot with money.

2023 presidential election will be a war between Christians and muslims. Take it to the bank

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Atiku Vs. Obi: How Each Of Them Intend To Fix Nigeria's Power Problem by NnamdiN: 10:13am On Jul 26, 2022
No problem. We will still vote Obi...
I'm curious to know how your Atiku will win without SE/SS grin
Re: Atiku Vs. Obi: How Each Of Them Intend To Fix Nigeria's Power Problem by Nobody: 10:14am On Jul 26, 2022
MacWin155:
Atiku appeals to the mind of those who are unknowledgeable in how these things work.

Do you think the things he promises he will do?

Why haven't the present goverment done it, if it was so feasible?

He is giving you local solutions to a national problem and you wholly accept it as what is the standard. Solutions that have always been what Nigerians think will be the solution.

But Peter Obi took a voyage to seek knowledge outside on how to address the issue and if you listen intently to his words, he has the solution. He didn't go for fun. He went to study.

But you're too biased, blind, and ignorant to truth.

I'll accept criticisms if I'm wrong.

May God help us Nigerians. May we not be out own enemy.

Lol. I can become an expert on Egypt's power sector deploying video conferencing and remote interactive guided tour online.

Obi is simply doing things the IPOB way. I.e patronising the intellect of other adults with rudimentary deceit, propaganda and scams.

What he forgets is that we are all not IPObian to swallow garbage such as the claim Buhari ia dead and replaced by Jubrin from Sudan.

When campaign starts Obi will be torn to shreds and exposed for the empty barrel and opportunists he is.

There is only so far rhetoric, propaganda and fake news can carry you.

3 Likes

Re: Atiku Vs. Obi: How Each Of Them Intend To Fix Nigeria's Power Problem by Oshiogwemoh(m): 10:14am On Jul 26, 2022
Any one except a Fulani man is ok for me but obi has my vote
Re: Atiku Vs. Obi: How Each Of Them Intend To Fix Nigeria's Power Problem by Lovenorth: 10:14am On Jul 26, 2022
The liar and the leader of an ipob terrorists have nothing reasonable to tell us

1 Like

Re: Atiku Vs. Obi: How Each Of Them Intend To Fix Nigeria's Power Problem by Basicend: 10:14am On Jul 26, 2022
Atiku is a fraud. I mean, a huge fraud.

In the case of Tinubu, the Muslim - Muslim ticket is highly insensitive and disrespectful and that will finish him.

As a Yoruba and a sane Nigerian, the only viable option now is Peter Obi to be honest.

Sowowe is very knowledgeable and bold but he is not mature at all and will not get there.

Osibanjo would have been APC's best chance is Tinubu, APC cabal and Buhari backs him.

Others candidates are jokers.

1 Like

Re: Atiku Vs. Obi: How Each Of Them Intend To Fix Nigeria's Power Problem by ToyinDipo(m): 10:15am On Jul 26, 2022
Peter Obi is a masquerading dummy.

1 Like

Re: Atiku Vs. Obi: How Each Of Them Intend To Fix Nigeria's Power Problem by boxypane(m): 10:15am On Jul 26, 2022
Atiku na zero. Where them keep our $18 billion for power?
Re: Atiku Vs. Obi: How Each Of Them Intend To Fix Nigeria's Power Problem by dyera(m): 10:15am On Jul 26, 2022
Nice list from Atiku. By the time he has been president for 4 years and have not done any of the listed things, that is when you will realized that you've been scammed once again by an old politician.

1 Like

Re: Atiku Vs. Obi: How Each Of Them Intend To Fix Nigeria's Power Problem by Britishpea: 10:18am On Jul 26, 2022
Politics aside.

Obi has never convinced me that he can lead a cosmo complex nation like Nigeria with diverse of ethnic-religion attachments laden in our socio-politico natures.

We will be talking about Nigeria, he will be using Indonesia, China Egypt to ratify his point. That is not practical. He will be busy giving outdated stats and figures.

I want someone from that his region to lead us and see the difference but definitely not this packaged unprepared liar. He is no different from the so called scamticians we are trying to avoid.

No one is asking you to teach us economics or statistics. We are not asking him to impress us in an oratory manner( he sure isn’t an orator anyway) hit the Nigerian problems on the head and convince us.

He pretends and talks too much then ended up saying nothing. Ask him his structures, u Will hear him saying ‘100 million poor Nigerians are my structures’. This is presidency. You can’t get it on sentiments or because you are quoting unfounded figures. You will get it because we believe in your vision of a new Nigeria far from the current one of 1$ to #700.

If he wins he will be confused for 2 years. During that period his government will be hijacked by the sellers of NIGERIA.

2 Likes

Re: Atiku Vs. Obi: How Each Of Them Intend To Fix Nigeria's Power Problem by Ucloaded01: 10:19am On Jul 26, 2022
OP Atiku no reach abet, go and exchange banter with tulunbu urchins, Obi no be Una mate. All you mentioned Atiku proposed to fix the electricity sector are things bihari's govt already have tried and failed, Obi has already a prototype on how to fix this problem,let's give him a chance.
Re: Atiku Vs. Obi: How Each Of Them Intend To Fix Nigeria's Power Problem by Ghostnick: 10:19am On Jul 26, 2022
Re: Atiku Vs. Obi: How Each Of Them Intend To Fix Nigeria's Power Problem by 3ple9iner: 10:20am On Jul 26, 2022
FILEBE:
Lol. Atiku knows this and couldn't advice Buhari on what to do? Abi Nigeria no concern am ? Oh!! He was VP o. He was VP, couldn't he have done it then?

E reach now, you are telling us how to fix the power sector . All these years , you have no idea, power and influence to fix it abi? You are aspiring for Prisidency and ideas start streaming in. Weldone. Over the years, aspirants have come up with great, meticulous, superb ways of fixing Nigeria but they never do when they get there . We aren't falling for such again and again.

I will rather vote a truthfull person who we can relate to and with . The person who a large number of people are rallying for. That way, when he fails, this same people will be ready to admonish and hold him responsible and even put him on check.

The other candidates seem like they are untouchable, they can go away with whatever . Does Buhari listen to us?
Who is this person you are talking about? I hope it's not Obi?
Remember he was also an adviser to GEJ but didn't give him advise on how to improve our power.

1 Like

Re: Atiku Vs. Obi: How Each Of Them Intend To Fix Nigeria's Power Problem by Eniitankorede: 10:21am On Jul 26, 2022
Both of them caused the problem. How can they be the fixers?
Re: Atiku Vs. Obi: How Each Of Them Intend To Fix Nigeria's Power Problem by Nobody: 10:21am On Jul 26, 2022
candidtalk:
@OP.

What you reveal just shows that only dreamers, fantasist, gullible elements and ignorant folks are supporting Obi.

I don't rate Atiku but would accept him as President any day rather than the liar, propagandists and deceitful scammer called Peter Obi.

Study Obi carefully and you will note he is a carefully packaged scam. His record as Governor is totally empty and below average.

People forget he was governor in the Era of the likes of Duke, Fashola, Akpabio and others who stood out for achievement no one could doubt. Whereas everything about Obi is more propaganda than substance.

Visiting Egypt, hanging around Downing Street in London, taking silly pictures with Nigerian taxi driver in the UK ,who gave messiah Obi 'free ride, to even Hollywood A list actors endorsing Obi.

It is all scams and deceit with Obi we have not seen from Tinubu, Atiku, Kwankwaso or even Sowore who is a bit of a showman.

When Obi talks it is all evasive rhetoric with zero substance. Neubulous jargon that can't fool any averagely intelligent analyst.

I laugh at Obidullards who think attacking Tinubu is a wise strategy. Tinubu cannot join issues with the upstart Obi.

Campaign will separate the men from boys. When you talk about security Kwankwaso, Obi and Atiku will all spout rhetoric.

Yet Tinubu has been there, done it and got the t-shirt. He can point to RRS, perhaps the most professional subdivision of the Nigerian police force, he created, equipped and funded innovatively.

No be 'dem say dem say' of Obi, Kwankwaso etal.

If you want to talk economics, Tinubu simply has to point to his achievement of making Lagos the 5th or 6th biggest economy in Africa, richer than nations like Ghana, while Obi's and Kwankwaso's reign as Governors were mediocre and completely unremarkable.

Let's not even talk about the likes of Eko Atlantic City that is a stupendous ode to Tinubu's unreal vision and ability to concieve great ideas.

All in all, the reality is that no other can match Tinubu, not even remotely close, if we talk about record and achievements in political leadership and public administration.

Funny!

Obi is a true Igbo man who understands how empire are built. You understudy those who have done what you want to do, you engage them. You don't chart a new course when you don't have all the time.

Lagos wasn't built by Tinubu, it was built by Nigerian economy through our seaport and airport. Almost all our national treasury has their head office in Lagos. If the same was true in Osun state, it would have excel in like manners.

Anyone who governs Lagos can't go below par irrespective of how corrupt the person is.

Tinubu can't do half of what he use to do when he was the governor of Lagos state now because of his age. In fact, his brain is depreciated in capacity without the sickness he is battling now talk more of the impact of the illness.
Re: Atiku Vs. Obi: How Each Of Them Intend To Fix Nigeria's Power Problem by WantsandMore: 10:22am On Jul 26, 2022
KikBuhari2Daura:

Talmbout Tinubu…In governance a person is as important as the entourage he brings and Tinubu has got a good eye imo. However, let who the cap fits wins. Cos at the end of the day we Nigerian humans want the same thing devoid of ethnic bigotry, human right , progress economic, freedom of speech , freedom of association and the right mental, physical, social and economic conducive environment to grow while helping the delinquent and protecting the weak amongst us. Anything outside this concept is not good governance but sth. else I don’t know entirely & tbh it’s not going to be easy due to vested interest eating from the malady of a bad economy. May God Help us choose our Moses wisely .

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply)

“I Will Not Marginalise Any Part Of Nigeria”- Buhari / Why I Attended Kanu’s Trial – Fayose / Court Convicts Nigerian Fraudster, ‘yahoo Boy’ Of Love Scam In Kaduna

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 71
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.