Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,332 members, 7,808,160 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 07:54 AM

Atiku Vs. Obi: How Each Of Them Intend To Fix Nigeria's Power Problem - Politics (10) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Atiku Vs. Obi: How Each Of Them Intend To Fix Nigeria's Power Problem (28335 Views)

Siemens Extends Completion Of Nigeria’s Power Project To 2030 / Atiku Vs Tinubu Vs Obi How They Stand On National Development Benchmarks / Atiku Vs Buhari: Daily Trust Newspaper Opinion Poll (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Atiku Vs. Obi: How Each Of Them Intend To Fix Nigeria's Power Problem by fitjenzy: 1:33am On Jul 27, 2022
KikBuhari2Daura:
Obi is a good man but unfortunately he lacks the experience. Governance at National level goes beyond telling stories.

I find his story about buying fuel for his convoy as a Governor very repulsive, as a leader you must delegate you must have people you can trust to help you deliver, no man is an island.

I am no Peter Obi fan. I am really neutral and apolitical. So, what I say here is without bias.

What Peter Obi was trying to emphasize was that he is ready to go to any length to prune cost and stop profligacy which is rampant in government.

Is it necessary to buttress such a point? Just lack weak, I and my relation were discussing the ongoing ASUU strike. I told him ASUU the 2m monthly package for a professors as recommended in the 2009 was basically unrealistic then and even now.

He instantly flared up. He started barking that don't I know how much these senators and legislators earn? Why don't professors deserve the same? Look at how they are wasting money blah blah blah! I replied even though those politicians are earning mind boggling sums, extended it to professors would simply bankrupt the state. Don't be surprised when the Naira hits $1- N1,000!

He said that if the politicians want to urge people to make sacrifices, they should lead by example. How will you be living large and now expect the ordinary man to understand when you preach to them he opined

That is why Peter Obi proven prudency warms the heart of many of his followers. In that area, he has done quite well. He can lead by example and convince others to do the same. He is seems prepared to go to any length to prune down costs.
Re: Atiku Vs. Obi: How Each Of Them Intend To Fix Nigeria's Power Problem by Bryan88(m): 1:36am On Jul 27, 2022
Atiku fix fire...how can sum1 that has % on every generator set imported into this con3 giv u a stable and steady light? Our mumu don do Abeg...it’s Obi or am not voting.
Re: Atiku Vs. Obi: How Each Of Them Intend To Fix Nigeria's Power Problem by NwaforIgbo: 3:33am On Jul 27, 2022
The shallow OP did not quot Obi main pint which is moving power issue from policy making to implementation which he mentioned that he has toured Egypt generation and transmission company and they have explained to him that with the right will and funds, it's not rocket science.

Tinubu has an itchy hand so does Atiku.

I will trust a governor that left 85 Billion for a state than the later.
Re: Atiku Vs. Obi: How Each Of Them Intend To Fix Nigeria's Power Problem by jaggabban: 7:28am On Jul 27, 2022
Chiboy419:
All this your nonsense write up can't stop us the sense able youths of Nigeria from voting obi next year
When he was vp for 8 years he was busy stealing Nigerians money forgetting to advice his boss
Na now solution come dey his head ba....
Our mumu don do

Is obi or nothing
Which one is Obi or nothing again? U mean by march 2023 we will not have President because we all no Obi is carrying 4th in d coming election.
Just say Obi or Biafra as usual.
Re: Atiku Vs. Obi: How Each Of Them Intend To Fix Nigeria's Power Problem by Ayk8: 11:27am On Aug 04, 2022
frog12:
ah, when people like you dey drown for river, its better to just leave you there.
Atiku was in charge of fixing power with minister barth Nnaji. Atiku was there. he is responsible for the power mess we have now !!

Bros calm down, I'm not in support of Atiku or anybody all I'm saying is that except the president is incapacitated the Vice President has nothing to do which renders him useless. E.g The recent time Buhari was ill and was admitted to London for some weeks, was when Osinbajo took over the decision making and we saw what happened to the Nigerian currency. Naira eventually appreciated during that period.

(1) (2) (3) ... (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply)

I’m Coming Up With Anti-corruption Plan — Jonathan / Inside The Oil Deals That Cost Nigeria Billions; Between Diezani And Others / Kalu, Abaribe, Uzodinma, Others Storm Imo For 1999 Constitution Review (VIDEO)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 18
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.