Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,887 members, 7,802,862 topics. Date: Friday, 19 April 2024 at 11:39 PM

Nigerian Man Extradited To The U.S Over $3.5m Wire Fr@ud - Crime - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Crime / Nigerian Man Extradited To The U.S Over $3.5m Wire Fr@ud (1003 Views)

Gang Kidnapped Bauchi Varsity Student Over $3,800 Yahoo Loot Sharing Formula / Nigerian Fraud Suspect Extradited To U.S. Over Alleged $148,000 Scam / Hushpuppi And Woodberry Extradited To US (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Nigerian Man Extradited To The U.S Over $3.5m Wire Fr@ud by Wearetheworld: 9:28am On Jul 26, 2022
Nigerian man extradited to the U.S over $3.5m wire fr@ud

A wire fr@ud suspect, Fatade Idowu Olamilekan on wanted list of the Federal Bureau of Investigation, FBI, was on Thursday July 14, 2022, extradited to the United States for allegedly ste@ling over Three Million, Five Hundred Thousand United State Dollars ($3.5M) worth of equipment in various cities across the US.

According to a statement by the Department of Justice, US Attorney’s Office, Southern District of New York on Friday adding that his repatriation was in connection with “fraudulently obtain and attempt to obtain millions of dollars of medical equipment, laboratory products, computer equipment and hardware, and other merchandise from suppliers of such merchandise across the United States by impersonating, among other individuals, procurement officials of U.S. state and local governments and educational institutions.”

Fatade’s extradition was coordinated by the Economic and Financial Crimes Commission, EFCC, following a notice from the Federal Bureau of Investigation, FBI New York, through the US Legal Attache for his role in impersonating various cities, state and academic institutions across the United States.

Fatade was indicted by a grand jury in the Southern District of New York for offences of wire fr@ud, interstate transportation of stolen property and identity theft.

It was reported that from at least in or about 2018 through at least on or about September 14, 2020, during the coronavirus pandemic in 2019, Olamilekan impersonated the Chief Procurement Officer of New York State in an effort to fraudulently obtain medical equipment, including defibrillators.

The suspect was arrested on September 30, 2021, by operatives of the EFCC and his extradition trial commenced sometime in November, 2021 before Justice Chukwujekwu Aneke of a Federal High Court sitting in Ikoyi, Lagos.

Vist https://046media.com/2022/07/nigerian-man-extradited-to-the-u-s-over-3-5m-wire-frud/

Re: Nigerian Man Extradited To The U.S Over $3.5m Wire Fr@ud by Malory: 9:28am On Jul 26, 2022
My Yoruba cousin.
Re: Nigerian Man Extradited To The U.S Over $3.5m Wire Fr@ud by MadamVanessa(f): 9:30am On Jul 26, 2022
shocked

Oh they can extradite this one, but foolish bastard low budget Pablo Escobar Abba Kyari cannot be extradited. God punish this government.

2 Likes

Re: Nigerian Man Extradited To The U.S Over $3.5m Wire Fr@ud by Bledriel: 9:30am On Jul 26, 2022
Shebi una like to dey go US. Welcome to America
Re: Nigerian Man Extradited To The U.S Over $3.5m Wire Fr@ud by Hezzyluv: 9:31am On Jul 26, 2022
Malory:
My Yoruba cousin.
This is not your nature, I know that for real!
Re: Nigerian Man Extradited To The U.S Over $3.5m Wire Fr@ud by VeryWickedMan: 9:43am On Jul 26, 2022
I'm typing this with my eyes closed because only one tribe in Nigeria is capable of such. I don't need to check the name.

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Man Extradited To The U.S Over $3.5m Wire Fr@ud by Malory: 9:53am On Jul 26, 2022
Hezzyluv:

This is not your nature, I know that for real!
Re: Nigerian Man Extradited To The U.S Over $3.5m Wire Fr@ud by Nobody: 11:47am On Jul 26, 2022
No be Okowa be dis?
Re: Nigerian Man Extradited To The U.S Over $3.5m Wire Fr@ud by Crazychris: 11:54am On Jul 26, 2022
See as they're swift to extradite this one now because na southerner.

Meanwhile, the supa cap Abba akayeyeri is yet to be extradited since 9 months now tongue
Re: Nigerian Man Extradited To The U.S Over $3.5m Wire Fr@ud by gulfer: 12:22pm On Jul 26, 2022
I hope they have started the extradition process for Abbah Kyari and his cohorts too because hushpuppi is awaiting them undecided undecided undecided

(1) (Reply)

Life Is Hard Without Yahoo Money / Main Chick Fights Dirty With Side Chick At Public Parking Lot (video) / Kenyan Woman Stabbed Her Boyfriend 25 Times

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 11
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.