Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,644 members, 7,801,874 topics. Date: Friday, 19 April 2024 at 03:06 AM

Buy Honda Civic? Need Advise - Car Talk - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / Buy Honda Civic? Need Advise (1734 Views)

I Wanna Buy Honda Crosstour / Where To Buy Honda CVT Fluid / Which Do I Buy.... Honda Dc Or 2004 Camry Big Daddy. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Buy Honda Civic? Need Advise by Gist247(m): 6:43pm On Jul 26, 2022
Honestly, I never knew there was an extensive car section here on NL until I started doing research on buying a car.

So a little backstory.

I've had my eyes on a 2008 ES350 Lexus that is on sale for 3.2M for a while not sure what the mileage is but recently my friend is pitching his second really neat toks Honda Civic 09 car with 170k mileage for me to buy at 3m. I've seen the car and it's really nice plus he assured me that it's good quality. I know and trust him there so no issues there.

I just want some clarification on a couple of things as I'm not too loaded like that but I can def pay up for the car.

Here are some concerns.

1. Is the civic 09 really worth 3m or should I just go for my 3.2m ES350?
2. What are we vital questions to ask him before I go for it?
3. Is that high mileage an issue?
4. General advice for a newbie car owner?

T for thanks everyone.
Re: Buy Honda Civic? Need Advise by buygala(m): 6:58pm On Jul 26, 2022
Gist247:
Honestly, I never knew there was an extensive car section here on NL until I started doing research on buying a car.

So a little backstory.

I've had my eyes on a 2008 ES350 Lexus that is on sale for 3.2M for a while not sure what the mileage is but recently my friend is pitching his second really neat toks Honda Civic 09 car with 170k mileage for me to buy at 3m. I've seen the car and it's really nice plus he assured me that it's good quality. I know and trust him there so no issues there.

I just want some clarification on a couple of things as I'm not too loaded like that but I can def pay up for the car.

Here are some concerns.

T for thanks everyone.

Run from that your friend that wants to sell a Nigerian used 09 civic to you for 3m...The toks isn't even worth that much..As you tell am say you get 3m for car, im ear stand grin..He now decided to leverage on his closeness to you to cheat you...Best price for a Toks Standard Nigerian used 09 Civic is still less than 2m...

Secondly, the ES350 (if in very good state) is by far the better car compared to the Civic, unless buying fuel and car maintenance is an issue for you..

Contact a mechanic here to do a pre-purchase inspection for you on whichever car you decide to go for, to avoid buying wahala, since it appears you aren't too knowledgeable about vehicles..If you are in Lagos or environs, contact the moniker Gazzuzz or Kingreign if you are in Abuja...Both of them too like money but you will sleep well with whatever vehicle they give you a go-ahead to buy smiley

Most Nigerian used cars are Baskets of trouble..Proceed from this default assumption and you will be fine smiley

13 Likes

Re: Buy Honda Civic? Need Advise by nurey(m): 7:08pm On Jul 26, 2022
Gist247:

So a little backstory.

Here are some concerns.

T for thanks everyone.

The 09 civic told is better here apart from the fact that the ES is more luxurious with tremendously better build quality.

The civic maintenance is pocket friendly, it has honda top notch reliability, good fuel economy, simplistic engine and transmission. 170k mileage is quite okay if its kms the maintenance history from previous owner is the koko

6 Likes

Re: Buy Honda Civic? Need Advise by Gist247(m): 7:51pm On Jul 26, 2022
Thanks for the input guys smiley
Re: Buy Honda Civic? Need Advise by fineboynl(m): 2:19am On Jul 27, 2022
Gist247:
the only problem is the price your friend want to sell the civic. If it's below 2m go for it.
Re: Buy Honda Civic? Need Advise by skywalker240(m): 6:03am On Jul 27, 2022
Gist247:
your so called friend is a indeed a friend.

tufiakwa, run from such kind of friends

with #2.4 million you can get a tokunbo 2011 honda civic below 160k milleage

go to any car stand to get the civic or buy the ES350, dont ever make the mistake of buying from that snake you call friend.

5 Likes

Re: Buy Honda Civic? Need Advise by diportivo: 8:07am On Jul 27, 2022
fineboynl:
the only problem is the price your friend want to sell the civic. If it's below 2m go for it.

so

the friend should sell toks 09 civic at below 2m??

Re: Buy Honda Civic? Need Advise by fineboynl(m): 11:12am On Jul 27, 2022
diportivo:

so

the friend should sell toks 09 civic at below 2m??
. Where did he state it was a toks?

1 Like

Re: Buy Honda Civic? Need Advise by Gist247(m): 3:03pm On Jul 27, 2022
Actually the car is toks and I'm pretty sure it's in great shape.

I'm sure he wouldn't sell anything bad to me but I'm also sure he won't be shy when it comes to being aggressive about the pricing.

1 Like

Re: Buy Honda Civic? Need Advise by samintegrity(m): 7:06am On Jul 28, 2022
Gist247:
Actually the car is toks and I'm pretty sure it's in great shape.

I'm sure he wouldn't sell anything bad to me but I'm also sure he won't be shy when it comes to being aggressive about the pricing.

Bros first, he shdnt be selling a Nigeria used for 3m, an Honda civic for that matter not even a Toyota RAV4 2010 model haba nau

Secondly, just as you have been advised, you can get a toks not Nigeria used for less than 3m, let's say around 2m - 2.4m.

Thirdly, with that price, you can even get a good Honda civic 2015 Nigeria used..

But then, if fueling isn't an issue for you, pls get that Lexus otherwise the civic is great and finally, run from that frnd sir.

You may soon be setup

3 Likes

Re: Buy Honda Civic? Need Advise by Kingdemu: 8:13am On Jul 28, 2022
samintegrity:

Bros first, he shdnt be selling a Nigeria used for 3m, an Honda civic for that matter not even a Toyota RAV4 2010 model haba nau

Secondly, just as you have been advised, you can get a toks not Nigeria used for less than 3m, let's say around 2m - 2.4m.

Thirdly, with that price, you can even get a good Honda civic 2015 Nigeria used..

But then, if fueling isn't an issue for you, pls get that Lexus otherwise the civic is great and finally, run from that frnd sir.

You may soon be setup
Are you slow or something? He just clarified that the car is toks and not Nigerian used yet you are still coming up with same useless line the guy just cleared everyone. Nawa for you oo

1 Like

Re: Buy Honda Civic? Need Advise by buygala(m): 10:30am On Jul 28, 2022
Kingdemu:
Are you slow or something? He just clarified that the car is toks and not Nigerian used yet you are still coming up with same useless line the guy just cleared everyone. Nawa for you oo

No dey do like imbeside smiley

Talk like a child of God

2 Likes

Re: Buy Honda Civic? Need Advise by Loonyy(m): 12:27pm On Jul 28, 2022
skywalker240:

your so called friend is a indeed a friend.

tufiakwa, run from such kind of friends

with #2.4 million you can get a tokunbo 2011 honda civic below 160k milleage

go to any car stand to get the civic or buy the ES350, dont ever make the mistake of buying from that snake you call friend.

Where the Car dey oooooh
I need 1
Re: Buy Honda Civic? Need Advise by samintegrity(m): 12:29pm On Jul 28, 2022
Kingdemu:

You don't know me from anywhere, neither do I, and you feel it's right to attack me just to prove your point? ..

I will ignore this, but kindly don't let it repeat itself.

Thanks.

And to OP, my apologies, you may purchase from him.

Thanks again
Re: Buy Honda Civic? Need Advise by Manuella4ace: 2:48pm On Jul 28, 2022
My opinion,
Es350 is a luxury and elegant car, but a no no for me, Always low to the ground.

I'll pick that 09 civic once it's toks.
Forget all these people saying 2m will get you a 09 civic toks, it won't.

3 Likes

Re: Buy Honda Civic? Need Advise by AndroidAI(m): 5:27pm On Jul 28, 2022
samintegrity:

You may soon be setup

I really love your input sir. Well done. Please, what's your opinion on the Honda Accord 2015? Almost similar to the 2014 and 2016 models. I have also considered Lexus Es350, but only getting discouraged cause it's known as yahoo boy car cheesy This is going to be my first car and I'm scared of buying problems with my money.

3 Likes

Re: Buy Honda Civic? Need Advise by Elsueno: 8:40pm On Jul 28, 2022
As long as u don't look or dress like a yahoo boy...u won't have a problemgrin grin
Re: Buy Honda Civic? Need Advise by Jasmine360(f): 2:55pm On Jul 29, 2022
Your friend is a scam. Run!

With 3m you can buy Nigerian used 2012 Honda Civic...very neat.

1 Like

Re: Buy Honda Civic? Need Advise by Treadway: 3:48pm On Jul 29, 2022
Gist247:

So a little backstory.

Here are some concerns.

T for thanks everyone.
a toks 2009/2010 civic at 3m as it stands today is a good deal. Do necessary checks, and if satisfied pay. Don't listen to the window shoppers here, they don't know jack about these things. Na fantasy dem sabi

5 Likes

Re: Buy Honda Civic? Need Advise by Aaaaarghmed(m): 6:39pm On Jul 29, 2022
Get the civic since you are a first timer.Its a very nice car.The ES350 is a better ride but get the civic for now.you can upgrade later.Toks of the car is like 3m so you can price it depending on how long your friend used it.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Buy Honda Civic? Need Advise by Gist247(m): 4:10pm On Jul 30, 2022
Thanks for the word of advice guys smiley

2 Likes

Re: Buy Honda Civic? Need Advise by skywalker240(m): 1:01am On Jul 31, 2022
Loonyy:

Where the Car dey oooooh
I need 1
Come sapele road for Benin City, enter any car stand
Re: Buy Honda Civic? Need Advise by dadabashua1(m): 6:52am On Jul 31, 2022
Manuella4ace:
My opinion,
Es350 is a luxury and elegant car, but a no no for me, Always low to the ground.

I'll pick that 09 civic once it's toks.
Forget all these people saying 2m will get you a 09 civic toks, it won't.
as in ehhhh,the way some people post things ehhhh,2022 and this nonsense situation we all have found ourselves in someone will say you can get toks o for 2M,well may be some of them have started manufacturing those cars in their homes we never know,is comments like that that gives scammers the advantage to run guys street,well who knows some of those comments might be from them, for 3M in today's market ,is a very good deal.

1 Like

(1) (Reply)

Stolen Camry Big For Nothing / Check Inside ₦120m Luxury Bentley Bentayga SUV Newly Acquired By Zlatan Ibile / My Henessey!!!!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 47
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.