Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,895 members, 7,802,878 topics. Date: Saturday, 20 April 2024 at 01:05 AM

Nigeria's Karen And Zimbabwe's Wendall Are The Winners Of Big Brother Amplified - TV/Movies (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / TV/Movies / Nigeria's Karen And Zimbabwe's Wendall Are The Winners Of Big Brother Amplified (12029 Views)

Big Brother Africa 'hotshots' Official Thread / Meet Mnet's Big Brother Amplified Contestants + Pictures Of The House / Big Brother Amplified (The Official Thread of BBA 6) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Nigeria's Karen And Zimbabwe's Wendall Are The Winners Of Big Brother Amplified by THEAMAKA(f): 7:16pm On Aug 01, 2011
lol if you want to watch something that will teach you a lesson or something that is informative, switch on animal planet or the discover channel, abeg. what were you folks hoping to find on a REALITY SHOW? undecided
Re: Nigeria's Karen And Zimbabwe's Wendall Are The Winners Of Big Brother Amplified by ZIMDRILL(m): 7:23pm On Aug 01, 2011
i dont get the 1 vote being said

what makes the one vote ?

eg , karen gets the highest vote in ghana then it would be counted as one vote ?

can some explain the one vote thing
Re: Nigeria's Karen And Zimbabwe's Wendall Are The Winners Of Big Brother Amplified by BABE3: 7:39pm On Aug 01, 2011
^^^ Ok I'll explain. 

There were 14 counties participating, which represents 14 votes. The rest of Africa (non-participating countries) equals 1 votes.

Therefore, in total, 15 votes will be shared among the housemates. What do I mean by shared?

The housemates that gets the Highest number of votes from a particular country has automatically gotten the vote of that country.

For example, If the majority of Ghana voted for Karen, she has gotten one vote.

If the majority of Zimbabwe voted for Karen, it sums it up to two votes.

If the majority of the non participating countries voted for Karen, that sums it up to three votes--- etc.

So at the end of the day, if a housemate has 0 votes, It doesn't mean no one voted for him/her. It simply means he/she didn't get the majority of the votes in any of the countries.

If there's a tie, the actual votes will be counted.

Here's the finale result;

Karen: 6 country votes - Nigeria, Angola, Rest of Africa, Ghana, Mozambique, Tanzania

Wendall: 4 country votes - Zambia, Zimbabwe, Namibia, Kenya

Luclay: 2 country votes - South Africa, Botswana

Lomwe: 1 country vote - Malawi

Sharon O: 1 country vote - Uganda

Hanni: 1 country vote - Ethiopia

Vina: 0 Country Votes.
Re: Nigeria's Karen And Zimbabwe's Wendall Are The Winners Of Big Brother Amplified by Effiko(m): 7:53pm On Aug 01, 2011
i agree wit y'all buh i stil bliv naija's population is a factor anyhw u choose 2 luk at it
Re: Nigeria's Karen And Zimbabwe's Wendall Are The Winners Of Big Brother Amplified by BABE3: 8:00pm On Aug 01, 2011
Effiko:

i agree wit y'all buh i stil bliv naija's population is a factor anyhw u choose 2 luk at it

Pls explain yourself! How exactly is Nigeria's population a factor when all our votes are equated to ONE VOTE.
Pls explain yourself.

Nigeria's population wasn't a factor in BBA1, It wasn't a factor in BBA2, neither was it a factor in BBA3. So pls explain how it suddenly became a factor in BBA4, BBA5 and BBA6.
Re: Nigeria's Karen And Zimbabwe's Wendall Are The Winners Of Big Brother Amplified by Effiko(m): 8:08pm On Aug 01, 2011
BABE!:

Pls explain yourself! How exactly is Nigeria's population a factor when all our votes are equated to ONE VOTE.
Pls explain yourself.

Nigeria's population wasn't a factor in BBA1, It wasn't a factor in BBA2, neither was it a factor in BBA3. So pls explain how it suddenly became a factor in BBA4, BBA5 and BBA6.

can u xplain why B.B.A in its 1st 3 editions was an african show . . . . .den all ov a sudden it bcame a "nigeria takes it all" show . . . . . .OOOO nigerians were absent in de former editions or wat
Re: Nigeria's Karen And Zimbabwe's Wendall Are The Winners Of Big Brother Amplified by BABE3: 8:26pm On Aug 01, 2011
^^^
LOL--- Ok, before I explain that, i'll throw something at you-------> Assuming Namibians had won three times in a row (instead of Nigerians), could you pls give reasons why they would have won--?
Re: Nigeria's Karen And Zimbabwe's Wendall Are The Winners Of Big Brother Amplified by Effiko(m): 8:41pm On Aug 01, 2011
mtschewwww . . . . , .u havnt answered ma question . . . .as it is u nd I knw well enuf dat a nigerian going 4 nxt edition whoeva it may be has a possibility ov reaching de top 10 {i dont wanna exaggerate by saying finals} . . . . . .namibians cannot evn last a week in de shw tok more ov winning . . . . . . i realy didnt want 2 be arguing dis !!!!!
Re: Nigeria's Karen And Zimbabwe's Wendall Are The Winners Of Big Brother Amplified by ZIMDRILL(m): 8:42pm On Aug 01, 2011
BABE!:

Pls explain yourself! How exactly is Nigeria's population a  factor when all our votes are equated to ONE VOTE.
Pls explain yourself.

you are missing the point do a bit of maths but am not saying karen shouldnt have won

yes polulation played her favour becoz if 30% of nigeria would vote for her it means its huge number based on eg 30% of 100 million and 30% of 15 million has a huge difference

when doing maths that 30% of 100 million can out number a popullation a popullation of lesotho or swaziland etc
Re: Nigeria's Karen And Zimbabwe's Wendall Are The Winners Of Big Brother Amplified by BABE3: 8:44pm On Aug 01, 2011
Effiko: answer to your questions.

Effiko:

can u xplain why B.B.A in its 1st 3 editions was an african show.

Yes I can. It was an African show because only African counties were participating.

Effiko:

den all ov a sudden it bcame a "nigeria takes it all" show

It became a "nigeria takes it all" show because our representatives are that good. They were Africa's choices and they all happened to be Nigerians.

Effiko:

. . . . .OOOO nigerians were absent in de former editions or wat

Nigerians were not absent. It just happened that they didn't win. There personalities were not as "captivating" as the winners.
Re: Nigeria's Karen And Zimbabwe's Wendall Are The Winners Of Big Brother Amplified by Effiko(m): 8:49pm On Aug 01, 2011
BABE!:

Effiko: answer to your questions.

Yes I can. It was an African show because only African counties were participating.

It became a "nigeria takes it all" show because our representatives are that good. They were Africa's choices and they all happened to be Nigerians.

Nigerians were not absent. It just happened that they didn't win. There personalities were not as "captivating" as the winners.

lol . . . nycly said. . . i hav heard u , madam . . . . .i don wanna xtended dis
Re: Nigeria's Karen And Zimbabwe's Wendall Are The Winners Of Big Brother Amplified by BABE3: 8:51pm On Aug 01, 2011
ZIM DRILL:

you are missing the point do a bit of maths but am not saying karen shouldnt have won

yes polulation played her favour becoz if 30% of nigeria would vote for her it means its huge number based on eg 30% of 100 million and 30% of 15 million has a huge difference

when doing maths that 30% of 100 million can out number a popullation a popullation of lesotho or swaziland etc

Did you read my explanation about the voting thingy?

OK here a plain fact for all ye SKEPTICS:  IF NO ONE IN NIGERIA HAD VOTED FOR KAREN; IF ALL NIGERIANS HAD DECIDED NOT TO VOTE FOR KAREN--- SHE WOULD STILL HAVE WON!

Karen:     5 country votes - Nigeria, Angola, Rest of Africa, Ghana, Mozambique, Tanzania

Are yall happy now?
Re: Nigeria's Karen And Zimbabwe's Wendall Are The Winners Of Big Brother Amplified by Effiko(m): 8:56pm On Aug 01, 2011
buh we hav 2 applaude karen she did a gud job . . . . . .she fought everybody in de house . . . . i tink vina d most times
Re: Nigeria's Karen And Zimbabwe's Wendall Are The Winners Of Big Brother Amplified by NaijaNaWaa: 9:13pm On Aug 01, 2011
Sorry to spoil your party but Karen sucks big time. If her poor communication skills, belligerence, uncouthness and bad manners is your idea of entertainment and being real; kindly permit me to defer.

I have always suspected that BBA results are pre-determined. It is too unthinkable that Wendall could win ahead of Luclay or Lowne.
Re: Nigeria's Karen And Zimbabwe's Wendall Are The Winners Of Big Brother Amplified by ZIMDRILL(m): 9:20pm On Aug 01, 2011
BABE!:

Did you read my explanation about the voting thingy?

OK here a plain fact for all ye SKEPTICS:  IF NO ONE IN NIGERIA HAD VOTED FOR KAREN; IF ALL NIGERIANS HAD DECIDED NOT TO VOTE FOR KAREN--- SHE WOULD STILL HAVE WON!

Karen:     5 country votes - Nigeria, Angola, Rest of Africa, Ghana, Mozambique, Tanzania

Are yall happy now?

yes i did remember am not saying she doesnt deserve it she does but what we saying is that popullation did her a favour so automically she nigerian before the votes

here are just using maths only hence some are saying pollulation gave her advantage
Re: Nigeria's Karen And Zimbabwe's Wendall Are The Winners Of Big Brother Amplified by Effiko(m): 9:24pm On Aug 01, 2011
NaijaNaWaa:

Sorry to spoil your party but Karen sucks big time. If her poor communication skills, belligerence, uncouthness and bad manners is your idea of entertainment and being real; kindly permit me to defer.

I have always suspected that BBA results are pre-determined. It is too unthinkable that Wendall could win ahead of Luclay or Lowne.

she didnt entrtain you ? am sorry abt dat . . . . . buh de votes speaks majority so sorry bro . . . . i also thought ov d "wendall-luclay" issue buh wat has bin done has bin done
Re: Nigeria's Karen And Zimbabwe's Wendall Are The Winners Of Big Brother Amplified by THEAMAKA(f): 9:43pm On Aug 01, 2011
SOME FOLKS THAT DONT EVEN UNDERSTAND THE SHOW ARE OPENING THEIR MOUTHS TO TALK!
Sheesh, next season, Nigeria shouldn't compete. we should send another west african country (maybe Cameroon) in our place. what the hell is this? Nigeria's population has NOTHING to do with it. even if it were a billion Nigerians voting for Karen it will still be 1 FREAKIN VOTE!!!
you cannot solely rely on your country to win.

i will post something i read for those of you that are still wondering why Luclay lost.
first you should read tcubed's post and then read the follow (thats if you care anyway)

"PART ONE. I was as shocked as most Africans yesterday at the Grand Finale of the Big Brother Amplied show when it was announced that Wendall was one of the winners of the show instead of Luclay. Wendall was generally considered a 'borite' from the Heads House & was generally laid back. If you didn't consciously look out for him, you won't notice he's in the house except when he's outside chilling and smoking with Luclay. Luclay on the other was considered one of the 'fire brands' of the Tails House. He was quite entertaining & occasionally threw in a few tantrums for added measure. He formed a silent alliance with Karen that earned them the name THE OTONOS. Most people were GLUED to their TV screens because of the 'husband/wife' antics exhibited by the OTONOS. This went on until Weza the Angolan beauty was evicted to the Tails House. That put an end to the 'Otono Saga' that entertained most of us. Luclay was so captivated by Weza's sultry, seductive voice, her beauty, her carriage & above all her cute bum. Weza turned Luclay into a gentleman, same way that Zeus turned Karen into a lady! Luclay became a shadow of his usually loud self. He wore trousers or combat shorts (instead of prancing around in his briefs) just to impress Weza. The tantrums ceased. More often than not, Luclay & Weza were so engrossed with each other & most often we saw them stealing kisses at night. To cut a long story short, Luclay's entertainment ended when Weza waltzed into the Tails House. He tried to rekindle the OTONO bit that got us all cpativated after he 'broke up' with Weza,but by that time, it was too late. The viewers had moved on & found 'greener pastures' in the form of more entertaining housemates like 'Karen The Gangstress', 'Kimberly from Zambia'; 'The Alex/Miss P/Weza love triangle', etc

"PART TWO: Apart from Luclay stopping his Otono entertainment abruptly, his Achilles' tendon was his constant disrespect of house rules, his refusal to do his fuses & his rudeness to Biggie. Every show, be it reality show or not, has rules guiding it. If not, it will be a mad hatter's house with participants doing what they like & going overboard with their utterances or beahiour towards others. If you aren't comfortable with those rules & regulations, you either leave the show or you don't become a participant. But you don't expect to flout the rules constantly, disrespect the boss, & still receive a pat on the back for a 'job well done'. That will be akin to eating your cake & still having it which is a rare phenomenon. Luclay was thrown fuses like washing up all the dirty dishes & spring cleaning the whole house for his participation in the altercation that got Lotus evicted. He did it for a few days & stopped. He resorted to doing the dishes only when he felt like. The house cleaning was not on his list of duties anymore. He was also thrown a fuse by Bernadina(I think) which had to do with his walking backwards all the time for one week. He refused bluntly to do that because he didn't want to look stupid. Sometimes he spoke rudely to Biggie during his chat room sessions or outrightly refused to do his chats.

"PART THREE: His behaviour was more or less arrogant & prompted viewers to think that Biggie's decision not to discipline Luclay or at the worst evict him, was because Biggie was 'afraid' of Luclay. From the result of yesterday, it seemed Biggie had much more than that in stock for Luclay. Wendall on the other hand was the typical 'borite', & every inch the definition of it too! He only came alive when his competitive streak is brought out during Tuesday or Head of House(HOH) tasks. Occasionally we'd see him chilling & smoking outside with Luclay, or playing ping pong with him. Otherwise, Wendall will 'invisibly' be in a world of his own gisting with Vimbai or just sitting quietly in a corner studying all the housemates. If you ask me, I think his strategy was to remain as invisible as possible to avoid nominations. This obviously paid off, because his quiet disposition made other housemates to perceive him as no competition at all. So he escaped nominations except for Vina who constantly nominated him(for his playing a prank that didn't go down well with her). He also avoided stepping on any housemate's toes, so there was no reason to be given for nominating him. It was only close to the ending of the show that most housemates remembered that Wendall had hardly been nominated & that he could be strong competition. Vimbai's altercation with Karen showed viewers her vindictive, unforgiving, standoffish & 'I'm better than you' attitude & nature. Her subsequent eviction increased Wendall's chances of winning because the issue of vote splitting was now reduced. The Zimbabweans made a smart calculative choice by sacrificing Vimbai for Wendall. Wendall was also the perfect gentleman, He respected the ladies & wasn't a ladies' man. He even made it clear to Vimbai that he wasn't ready for any relationship yet. By this,the issue of nominations from housemates eaten up with jealousy or lack of attention as in the case of Lomwe never arose.

"CONCLUSION: So Wendall gradually made it to being one of the last seven(7) without being noticed. The viewers had one or two reasons for not voting most of the 7 finalists but nobody could put anything on Wendall. Hanni was another possible winner with her sweet, peace making nature. To worsen things,most of Luclay's fans took to BBA Amplifed page & other pages & insulted other housemates, their countries' Presidents, their fans who were potential voters, & the fans' parents. They claimed they owned & ran those pages, while others were busy voting.Talk of priorities. I hardly saw any of Wendall's fans' comments. Guess they were busy voting then! All in all, I doubt if yesterday's result of Wendall being a winner was because of any compensation to Zimbabwe because there was nothing to compensate them about. Even though I feel Munya deserved to win, Uti's fan page Admin sat up at the last minute, did their homework & ensured those votes we're pushed in. All in all, Wendall's victory was one most of us(including Wendall) didn't see coming!!!"
Re: Nigeria's Karen And Zimbabwe's Wendall Are The Winners Of Big Brother Amplified by 190: 12:57am On Aug 02, 2011
PEOPLE REALLY HAVE ALL THE TIME IN THE WORLD!!

TO BOTH WATCH THAT SCRAP PROGRAMME AND ALSO NAIRALAND

GOD HELP US  undecided
Re: Nigeria's Karen And Zimbabwe's Wendall Are The Winners Of Big Brother Amplified by bxg(m): 1:29am On Aug 02, 2011
Move on peeps its over undecided undecided undecided
Re: Nigeria's Karen And Zimbabwe's Wendall Are The Winners Of Big Brother Amplified by RuuDie(m): 5:52am On Aug 02, 2011
THE AMAKA:

SOME FOLKS THAT DONT EVEN UNDERSTAND THE SHOW ARE OPENING THEIR MOUTHS TO TALK!
Sheesh, next season, Nigeria shouldn't compete. we should send another west african country (maybe Cameroon) in our place. what the hell is this? Nigeria's population has NOTHING to do with it. even if it were a billion Nigerians voting for Karen it will still be 1 FREAKIN VOTE!!!
you cannot solely rely on your country to win.

i will post something i read for those of you that are still wondering why Luclay lost.
first you should read tcubed's post and then read the follow (thats if you care anyway)

"PART ONE. I was as shocked as most Africans yesterday at the Grand Finale of the Big Brother Amplied show when it was announced that Wendall was one of the winners of the show instead of Luclay. Wendall was generally considered a 'borite' from the Heads House & was generally laid back. If you didn't consciously look out for him, you won't notice he's in the house except when he's outside chilling and smoking with Luclay. Luclay on the other was considered one of the 'fire brands' of the Tails House. He was quite entertaining & occasionally threw in a few tantrums for added measure. He formed a silent alliance with Karen that earned them the name THE OTONOS. Most people were GLUED to their TV screens because of the 'husband/wife' antics exhibited by the OTONOS. This went on until Weza the Angolan beauty was evicted to the Tails House. That put an end to the 'Otono Saga' that entertained most of us. Luclay was so captivated by Weza's sultry, seductive voice, her beauty, her carriage & above all her cute bum. Weza turned Luclay into a gentleman, same way that Zeus turned Karen into a lady! Luclay became a shadow of his usually loud self. He wore trousers or combat shorts (instead of prancing around in his briefs) just to impress Weza. The tantrums ceased. More often than not, Luclay & Weza were so engrossed with each other & most often we saw them stealing kisses at night. To cut a long story short, Luclay's entertainment ended when Weza waltzed into the Tails House. He tried to rekindle the OTONO bit that got us all cpativated after he 'broke up' with Weza,but by that time, it was too late. The viewers had moved on & found 'greener pastures' in the form of more entertaining housemates like 'Karen The Gangstress', 'Kimberly from Zambia'; 'The Alex/Miss P/Weza love triangle', etc

"PART TWO: Apart from Luclay stopping his Otono entertainment abruptly, his Achilles' tendon was his constant disrespect of house rules, his refusal to do his fuses & his rudeness to Biggie. Every show, be it reality show or not, has rules guiding it. If not, it will be a mad hatter's house with participants doing what they like & going overboard with their utterances or beahiour towards others. If you aren't comfortable with those rules & regulations, you either leave the show or you don't become a participant. But you don't expect to flout the rules constantly, disrespect the boss, & still receive a pat on the back for a 'job well done'. That will be akin to eating your cake & still having it which is a rare phenomenon. Luclay was thrown fuses like washing up all the dirty dishes & spring cleaning the whole house for his participation in the altercation that got Lotus evicted. He did it for a few days & stopped. He resorted to doing the dishes only when he felt like. The house cleaning was not on his list of duties anymore. He was also thrown a fuse by Bernadina(I think) which had to do with his walking backwards all the time for one week. He refused bluntly to do that because he didn't want to look silly. Sometimes he spoke rudely to Biggie during his chat room sessions or outrightly refused to do his chats.

"PART THREE: His behaviour was more or less arrogant & prompted viewers to think that Biggie's decision not to discipline Luclay or at the worst evict him, was because Biggie was 'afraid' of Luclay. From the result of yesterday, it seemed Biggie had much more than that in stock for Luclay. Wendall on the other hand was the typical 'borite', & every inch the definition of it too! He only came alive when his competitive streak is brought out during Tuesday or Head of House(HOH) tasks. Occasionally we'd see him chilling & smoking outside with Luclay, or playing ping pong with him. Otherwise, Wendall will 'invisibly' be in a world of his own gisting with Vimbai or just sitting quietly in a corner studying all the housemates. If you ask me, I think his strategy was to remain as invisible as possible to avoid nominations. This obviously paid off, because his quiet disposition made other housemates to perceive him as no competition at all. So he escaped nominations except for Vina who constantly nominated him(for his playing a prank that didn't go down well with her). He also avoided stepping on any housemate's toes, so there was no reason to be given for nominating him. It was only close to the ending of the show that most housemates remembered that Wendall had hardly been nominated & that he could be strong competition. Vimbai's altercation with Karen showed viewers her vindictive, unforgiving, standoffish & 'I'm better than you' attitude & nature. Her subsequent eviction increased Wendall's chances of winning because the issue of vote splitting was now reduced. The Zimbabweans made a smart calculative choice by sacrificing Vimbai for Wendall. Wendall was also the perfect gentleman, He respected the ladies & wasn't a ladies' man. He even made it clear to Vimbai that he wasn't ready for any relationship yet. By this,the issue of nominations from housemates eaten up with jealousy or lack of attention as in the case of Lomwe never arose.

[b]"CONCLUSION: So Wendall gradually made it to being one of the last seven(7) without being noticed. The viewers had one or two reasons for not voting most of the 7 finalists but nobody could put anything on Wendall. Hanni was another possible winner with her sweet, peace making nature. To worsen things,most of Luclay's fans took to BBA Amplifed page & other pages & insulted other housemates, their countries' Presidents, their fans who were potential voters, & the fans' parents. They claimed they owned & ran those pages, while others were busy voting.Talk of priorities. I hardly saw any of Wendall's fans' comments. Guess they were busy voting then! All in all, I doubt if yesterday's result of Wendall being a winner was because of any compensation to Zimbabwe because there was nothing to compensate them about. Even though I feel Munya deserved to win, Uti's fan page Admin sat up at the last minute, did their homework & ensured those votes we're pushed in. All in all, Wendall's victory was one most of us(including Wendall) didn't see coming!!!"[/b]

Yeah, yeah, yeah. . . . . .whats there not to like about the dude ~ 'boring', 'borite', 'borimine', 'bromine' or what f*cuk*ing ever; Wendall came, saw & stealthily kicked a*s*s
grin grin grin grin grin

Its not all about bravado & chasing g*strings everywhere (ala Lonwe & Luclay)
Re: Nigeria's Karen And Zimbabwe's Wendall Are The Winners Of Big Brother Amplified by RuuDie(m): 5:54am On Aug 02, 2011
BTW - in continuation of the conspiracy theory saga. . . . .

BBA is just tailor made for Nigerians to win because of the revenue Multichoice makes out of naija!

grin
Re: Nigeria's Karen And Zimbabwe's Wendall Are The Winners Of Big Brother Amplified by RuuDie(m): 5:57am On Aug 02, 2011
NaijaNaWaa:

Bobz, i tire for the matter oh. . . . . .the babe no try at all!
Re: Nigeria's Karen And Zimbabwe's Wendall Are The Winners Of Big Brother Amplified by denny4ril: 9:24am On Aug 02, 2011
smiley 9ja 4 life! kudos to Karen for making us proud
Re: Nigeria's Karen And Zimbabwe's Wendall Are The Winners Of Big Brother Amplified by Effiko(m): 9:53am On Aug 02, 2011
evrybody go just dey tok dia own . . . . . abegggii

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Gulder Ultimate Search Vs Big Brother Africa. / Shouldnt DSTV Subscription Be On Pay As You Use Basis? / Movie Conundrums.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 93
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.