Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,314 members, 7,808,058 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 06:16 AM

Harrison To Amusan: Records Are Meant To Be Broken. Congrats, You Smashed Mine - Sports - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / Harrison To Amusan: Records Are Meant To Be Broken. Congrats, You Smashed Mine (30907 Views)

CONGRATS!! You Are Man United New Manager,what Will Do To Get Them Winning Again / Messi's 7th Golden Boot, Cr7's 6th UCL & Records That Can Be Broken This Season / Harrison Chinedu Completes The Lagos City Marathon Riding A Bicycle (Photo) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Harrison To Amusan: Records Are Meant To Be Broken. Congrats, You Smashed Mine by fergie001: 9:04am On Jul 27, 2022
Former World Record Holder in the women's 100m hurdles, Kendra "Keni" Harrison, has congratulated the new queen, Tobi Amusan.

Harrison returned a time of 12.20 secs (+0.3m/s) on July 22, 2016 at the London Müller Anniversary Games in London, breaking the world record of 12.21 secs (+0.7m/s) set by Bulgarian athlete Yordanka Donkova (who smashed four world records) on 20th August, 1988.

Harrison had made history in 2016, 2 weeks after she placed sixth in the US trials, failing to qualify for the 2016 Rio Olympics. She made amends with a Silver medal at the Tokyo2020 Olympics.

Amusan took the world by storm with a 12.12 secs finish in the semis at the World Championships in Eugene on Sunday, with Harrison coming a distant second at 12.27 secs. Harrison will later be disqualified in the finals.

Both Amusan and Harrison are signed on to sports kits manufacturing giants, Adidas and the American is proud they are still leading the line globally.

Congrats to @Evaglobal01 records are meant to be broken & you smashed mine. Glad to see the record gets to stay in the Adidas fam.

Keni Harrison

73 Likes 8 Shares

Re: Harrison To Amusan: Records Are Meant To Be Broken. Congrats, You Smashed Mine by fergie001: 9:06am On Jul 27, 2022

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vC0rxe03etY(1988)
(Yordanka Donkova set four world records)
12.35s (1986), 12.29s (1986), 12.26s (1986) & 12.21s (1988)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=q4ECL7NHTs8
(Harrison's World Record in 2016)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bY9DlgdrQM4
(Amusan)

31 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Harrison To Amusan: Records Are Meant To Be Broken. Congrats, You Smashed Mine by Reinamaria(f): 9:08am On Jul 27, 2022
Good sportsmanship coming from Kendra Harrison.
I commend her.

135 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Harrison To Amusan: Records Are Meant To Be Broken. Congrats, You Smashed Mine by Totilopussylick(m): 9:10am On Jul 27, 2022
She deserves all the accolades for a job well done cool.

41 Likes 1 Share

Re: Harrison To Amusan: Records Are Meant To Be Broken. Congrats, You Smashed Mine by MadamVanessa(f): 9:23am On Jul 27, 2022
shocked

This is lovely

Congratulations darling.

10 Likes

Re: Harrison To Amusan: Records Are Meant To Be Broken. Congrats, You Smashed Mine by CrownOfClay724: 9:26am On Jul 27, 2022
BBC should come take a cue on how not to be embittered .

83 Likes 6 Shares

Re: Harrison To Amusan: Records Are Meant To Be Broken. Congrats, You Smashed Mine by tommy589(m): 9:32am On Jul 27, 2022
Amusan,you are the special one

@crownofclay,the world champion and other hurdlers she defeated by good margin are not complaining neither are they disputing her world record achievement. Bad belle people

15 Likes 1 Share

Re: Harrison To Amusan: Records Are Meant To Be Broken. Congrats, You Smashed Mine by NotKnown: 9:41am On Jul 27, 2022
But the unknown black hater Johnson de cap nonsense.

32 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Harrison To Amusan: Records Are Meant To Be Broken. Congrats, You Smashed Mine by INTEGRITYA1(m): 9:41am On Jul 27, 2022
Original slay Queens with ball. Congratulations.

Breaking News: Make 5m instant value appreciation even at the point of purchase.

New price to take effect from 1st of August.

Currently:
Full Plot - N10m
Half Plot - N5m.

From August 1st:
Full Plot will be - N15m
Half Plot will be - N8m

6 months payment is still allow as Outright payment, make 1m initial deposit and spread the bal.

Take advantage of Treasure Hilltop Estate.
Located at AIT axis of Alagbado, Lagos Mainland.

Estate Benefits:
- It has C of o
- Good road network
- Free from Omonile palarva
- Free from every form of government encumbrances

Invest now, Call/WhatsApp the attached phone number.

7 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Harrison To Amusan: Records Are Meant To Be Broken. Congrats, You Smashed Mine by Gkay1(m): 9:41am On Jul 27, 2022
Congratulations to you baby,

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: Harrison To Amusan: Records Are Meant To Be Broken. Congrats, You Smashed Mine by Realists(m): 9:41am On Jul 27, 2022
CrownOfClay724:
BBC should come take a cue on how not to be embittered .

The BBC has been an instrument of colonial masters in enslaving Black race, just like they used the missionaries as pet projects in brain washing Black race.

24 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Harrison To Amusan: Records Are Meant To Be Broken. Congrats, You Smashed Mine by inoki247: 9:41am On Jul 27, 2022
I'm sure Buhari go don call the girl make she borrow Nigeria the 100k usd undecided undecided undecided

34 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Harrison To Amusan: Records Are Meant To Be Broken. Congrats, You Smashed Mine by BigDawsNet: 9:42am On Jul 27, 2022
Let the girl rest na
Re: Harrison To Amusan: Records Are Meant To Be Broken. Congrats, You Smashed Mine by pacespot(m): 9:43am On Jul 27, 2022
Nice, see how a woman carry body fit like a man. Nigerian women should stop carry potbelly about like an elephant. They should emulate Amusan and try to dey fit.

19 Likes 1 Share

Re: Harrison To Amusan: Records Are Meant To Be Broken. Congrats, You Smashed Mine by Cantonese: 9:43am On Jul 27, 2022
Great.

The best games on earth, in the following order:

Football
Athletics
Rugby
Weightlifting
Tennis
Draft - as we dey call am
Swimming

4 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Harrison To Amusan: Records Are Meant To Be Broken. Congrats, You Smashed Mine by victorsola: 9:43am On Jul 27, 2022
fergie001:
Former World Record Holder in the women's 100m hurdles, Kendra "Keni" Harrison, has congratulated the new queen, Tobi Amusan.

Harrison returned a time of 12.20 secs (+0.3m/s) on July 22, 2016 at the London Müller Anniversary Games in London, breaking the world record of 12.21 secs (+0.7m/s) set by Bulgarian athlete Yordanka Donkova (who smashed four world records) on 20th August, 1988.

Harrison had made history in 2016, 2 weeks after she placed sixth in the US trials, failing to qualify for the 2016 Rio Olympics. She made amends with a Silver medal at the Tokyo2020 Olympics.

Amusan took the world by storm with a 12.12 secs finish in the semis at the World Championships in Eugene on Sunday, with Harrison coming a distant second at 12.27 secs. Harrison will later be disqualified in the finals.

Both Amusan and Harrison are signed on to sports kits manufacturing giants, Adidas and the American is proud they are still leading the line globally.

Keni Harrison
signed to adidas but wearing Nike. I don’t follow

3 Likes

Re: Harrison To Amusan: Records Are Meant To Be Broken. Congrats, You Smashed Mine by Oysters(m): 9:43am On Jul 27, 2022
Meanwhile, some morons are still questioning the timing system.

Congratulations o jare, Tobi Amusan. Your face show, your gold medal, WR and those dollar cheques shine cool

21 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Harrison To Amusan: Records Are Meant To Be Broken. Congrats, You Smashed Mine by Titilayo4life: 9:43am On Jul 27, 2022
Painment

4 Likes

Re: Harrison To Amusan: Records Are Meant To Be Broken. Congrats, You Smashed Mine by Antoeni(m): 9:43am On Jul 27, 2022
Jealousy Talk

3 Likes

Re: Harrison To Amusan: Records Are Meant To Be Broken. Congrats, You Smashed Mine by Krak(m): 9:44am On Jul 27, 2022
Nice

2 Likes

Re: Harrison To Amusan: Records Are Meant To Be Broken. Congrats, You Smashed Mine by Melodistic(m): 9:44am On Jul 27, 2022
awesome and congratulations to her

2 Likes

Re: Harrison To Amusan: Records Are Meant To Be Broken. Congrats, You Smashed Mine by Born2Breed(f): 9:44am On Jul 27, 2022
grin
Re: Harrison To Amusan: Records Are Meant To Be Broken. Congrats, You Smashed Mine by Passionate888: 9:45am On Jul 27, 2022
That's nice.
I was there when Donkova broke that record in 1988 and I'm also to watch it get broken again.

5 Likes

Re: Harrison To Amusan: Records Are Meant To Be Broken. Congrats, You Smashed Mine by sukkot: 9:45am On Jul 27, 2022
yeah
Re: Harrison To Amusan: Records Are Meant To Be Broken. Congrats, You Smashed Mine by Gbeng30(m): 9:45am On Jul 27, 2022
Nice one jahre, this is her time let just celebrate her, she deserve it...
Shame on racist people

5 Likes

Re: Harrison To Amusan: Records Are Meant To Be Broken. Congrats, You Smashed Mine by Offpoint1: 9:46am On Jul 27, 2022
wink
Re: Harrison To Amusan: Records Are Meant To Be Broken. Congrats, You Smashed Mine by Tb222(m): 9:47am On Jul 27, 2022
Records are meant to be broken, are your records of earthly or eternal value, what will you be remembered for, a sung hero of international importance, or an unsung hero of eternal value, billions amd billions of trillions of years, never ending, incomprehensible by the finite, limited human mind. The choice is yours.

4 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Moses, Oshoala Win At The Nigerian Sports Awards 2017. See List Of Winners. / Zidane Finally Reveals Why He Rejoined Real Madrid / Israel Adesanya Beats Robert Whittaker To Retain His Title

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 71
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.