Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,149,026 members, 7,803,451 topics. Date: Saturday, 20 April 2024 at 04:45 PM

What's The Difference Between Morning And Good Morning? - Romance - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / What's The Difference Between Morning And Good Morning? (3013 Views)

Early Morning And Midnight Sex Is The Sweetest. / We Had An Argument This Morning And My Girlfriend Did This To Me - Man / Why Do Most Guys Feel It's Only "Churcheous" And Good Girls That Are Virgins?? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

What's The Difference Between Morning And Good Morning? by abiolamitodun(m): 9:37am On Jul 27, 2022
To me it sounds like the user of that word is being proud..
Re: What's The Difference Between Morning And Good Morning? by Wallade(m): 9:56am On Jul 27, 2022
"Morning" is just a word- noun.

"Good morning" is a greeting; it has an adjective and noun; it is a phrase that communicates greeting.

They may mean the same thing based on the users intent but the phrase is grammatically correct.

When you say "morning" to me, I wonder what about the morning?

4 Likes

Re: What's The Difference Between Morning And Good Morning? by chatinent: 10:12am On Jul 27, 2022
No difference. Na una just dey attribute irrelevant things to irrelevant things.

No bi like say anyone owe you a greeting sef.

3 Likes

Re: What's The Difference Between Morning And Good Morning? by Cypress042(m): 10:16am On Jul 27, 2022
This is the reason why i so much love igbo people. They don't have time for your long greeting.

How they greet each other would amaze you believe me, they make it very short and snappy.

Emeka: Money
Nneka Replies: Money

They both go their separate ways, isn't that cool cool

2 Likes

Re: What's The Difference Between Morning And Good Morning? by Blunttruth: 10:20am On Jul 27, 2022
abiolamitodun:
Nothing is just the world's way of cutting corners. Trying to make everything as short as possible.

1 Like

Re: What's The Difference Between Morning And Good Morning? by tnerro1(m): 10:20am On Jul 27, 2022
Good?
Re: What's The Difference Between Morning And Good Morning? by abiolamitodun(m): 10:26am On Jul 27, 2022
chatinent:
No difference. Na una just dey attribute irrelevant things to irrelevant things.

When u chat someone and u hi that person and his response is morning...
Nw when I was in pry school when I greet my teachers then do they reply with just morning?...as old as they are back then?
Do u see the angle am coming from?
Re: What's The Difference Between Morning And Good Morning? by chatinent: 10:38am On Jul 27, 2022
abiolamitodun:

When u chat someone and u hi that person and his response is morning...
Nw when I was in pry school when I greet my teachers then do they reply with just morning?...as old as they are back then?
Do u see the angle am coming from?

That's what I am saying.

I don't attach importance to it.
Re: What's The Difference Between Morning And Good Morning? by Wronggee(m): 11:16am On Jul 27, 2022
You said everything
Wallade:
"Morning" is just a word- noun.

"Good morning" is a greeting; it has an adjective and noun; it is a phrase that communicates greeting.

They may mean the same thing based on the users intent but the phrase is grammatically correct.

When you say "morning" to me, I wonder what about the morning?

1 Like

Re: What's The Difference Between Morning And Good Morning? by bmdmix15: 11:27am On Jul 27, 2022
abiolamitodun:
no d receiver is being too proud, take one n respond period
Re: What's The Difference Between Morning And Good Morning? by kenedyx: 11:36am On Jul 27, 2022
..your ego

1 Like

Re: What's The Difference Between Morning And Good Morning? by Cinema4d: 11:40am On Jul 27, 2022
abiolamitodun:
They're both the same. Except for the fact that one is formal and the other is a colloquial speech
Re: What's The Difference Between Morning And Good Morning? by bmdmix15: 11:50am On Jul 27, 2022
kenedyx:
..your ego
i told a lady morning she responded by saying wat is morning i just tell her e dey ur body. If u no like d morning i sent make she go hide.
Re: What's The Difference Between Morning And Good Morning? by Yuneehk(f): 12:15pm On Jul 27, 2022
Reminds me of when I'll greet Good morning and get morning dear as a reply. Good and dear have same number of letters so why not replace the dear with good.

Still annoying, but now, I just choose to see it as something people are used to.
Re: What's The Difference Between Morning And Good Morning? by bmdmix15: 12:19pm On Jul 27, 2022
Yuneehk:
Reminds me of when I'll greet Good morning and get morning dear as a reply. Good and dear have same number of letters so why not replace the dear with good.

Still annoying, but now, I just choose to see it as something people are used to.

The devil finds work for idle hands
U wrote that still dont know d meaning.

If u go find work n dey say morning, will u correct the person?
Re: What's The Difference Between Morning And Good Morning? by abiolamitodun(m): 12:25pm On Jul 27, 2022
bmdmix15:
no d receiver is being too proud, take one n respond period
Like u say good morning and the respondent is replying with morning....
Re: What's The Difference Between Morning And Good Morning? by Divay22(f): 12:27pm On Jul 27, 2022
chatinent:

For Nigeria elders, you dey owe them o grin grin grin
If you no greet, you no get respect be that grin

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: What's The Difference Between Morning And Good Morning? by abiolamitodun(m): 12:29pm On Jul 27, 2022
Divay22:

For Nigeria elders, you dey owe them o grin grin grin
If you no greet, you no get respect be that grin
Don't mind them they've forgotten this is Africa

1 Like

Re: What's The Difference Between Morning And Good Morning? by ajekpaks(m): 12:35pm On Jul 27, 2022
you get 'morning and you're complaining? if I give you 'morn' nko?
Re: What's The Difference Between Morning And Good Morning? by bmdmix15: 12:42pm On Jul 27, 2022
abiolamitodun:

Like u say good morning and the respondent is replying with morning....
just because i had a good morning do i know if the d person had a bad one? Oe didn't sleep at all
Re: What's The Difference Between Morning And Good Morning? by abiolamitodun(m): 12:46pm On Jul 27, 2022
bmdmix15:
just because i had a good morning do i know if the d person had a bad one? Oe didn't sleep at all
Wow
Re: What's The Difference Between Morning And Good Morning? by bmdmix15: 12:47pm On Jul 27, 2022
abiolamitodun:

Wow

U never hear wen people respond with

What's good about the morning?

How do u respond to that?
Re: What's The Difference Between Morning And Good Morning? by abiolamitodun(m): 12:50pm On Jul 27, 2022
bmdmix15:

U never hear wen people respond with

What's good about the morning?

How do u respond to that?
Then I'll reply... everything is good about the morning

1 Like

Re: What's The Difference Between Morning And Good Morning? by Nostring: 12:52pm On Jul 27, 2022
Nawa... Of all things wey wrong for this country , na morning dey give this one headache shocked
Re: What's The Difference Between Morning And Good Morning? by bmdmix15: 12:52pm On Jul 27, 2022
abiolamitodun:

Then I'll reply... everything is good about the morning
too much stress on a greet n waka pass.
Re: What's The Difference Between Morning And Good Morning? by abiolamitodun(m): 12:55pm On Jul 27, 2022
bmdmix15:
too much stress on a greet n waka pass.
Hmm hmm

(1) (Reply)

Crossdresser Brags As He Lodges In A Hotel With His Boyfriend (Pics/Video) / Why Is It That Guys Hardly Fall In Love Anymore? / Is It True That The Ugly Girls Make The Best Housewives?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 25
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.