Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,395 members, 7,808,387 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 11:20 AM

Why Are Nigerians So Crazy About 2go - Computers (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Computers / Why Are Nigerians So Crazy About 2go (12203 Views)

Why Are Nigerians In Love With Windows Xp? / You Can Chat With 2go On Your Computer. / The Best Free Browsing In Town, Blackberry, 2go, Mig33 Anything Browse: (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Why Are Nigerians So Crazy About 2go by gbenga007(m): 3:51am On Aug 04, 2011
@slamdunk. Go to getjar.com and search. Its easy to download.
Re: Why Are Nigerians So Crazy About 2go by udbyron1(m): 5:07am On Aug 04, 2011
it depends on individuals who luvs to go extra mile cuz people in are focuse on their star progress mainly.
Re: Why Are Nigerians So Crazy About 2go by slap1(m): 5:30am On Aug 04, 2011
2go is nice, if you use it like me: Never visit the chatrooms, just chat with the friends you know.
Re: Why Are Nigerians So Crazy About 2go by SlamDunk(m): 6:26am On Aug 04, 2011
@gbenga. tanx ive tried all. i thnk it dosnt recognise ma phone.
Re: Why Are Nigerians So Crazy About 2go by Nymphnode(m): 6:28am On Aug 04, 2011
slap1:

2go is nice, if you use it like me: Never visit the chatrooms, just chat with the friends you know.
But  2go chatroom users had started migrating en masse to NL
Re: Why Are Nigerians So Crazy About 2go by Nobody: 6:30am On Aug 04, 2011
Imagine some Nlders saying some folks on 2go do insult people, when they do even worst here - Its easy to see a small girl insulting a man thats old enough to be her grand father.
Re: Why Are Nigerians So Crazy About 2go by chelseabmw(m): 8:52am On Aug 04, 2011
2go 2come 2waka

angry angry angry
Re: Why Are Nigerians So Crazy About 2go by Besto(m): 9:05am On Aug 04, 2011
2go swt die.
I hv floged 3neat catfishes on 2go.
No beef
Re: Why Are Nigerians So Crazy About 2go by ikoha: 9:13am On Aug 04, 2011
2go is meant for students. i was a huge fan of it till i found out that most othe people there are fakers and takers. they claimed who they were not. they asked you for money to come visit you, they asked for recharge cards to continue chatting with you, and generally nothing meaningful came out of it. i had over 400 on my friends list but virtually all of them were students and it was at that point i concluded that it was meant for students basically. some real things came out of it though, but like someone said ''what happens in Vegas remains in Vegas''.
Re: Why Are Nigerians So Crazy About 2go by timpaker(m): 10:56am On Aug 04, 2011
I'm addicted to 2go at night and Nairaland at day time.
2go is a cool application that enable me chat with my old pals and new peeps

tlops:

what is 2go? mApp?

2go is a place where people come and go 'internetly'
Re: Why Are Nigerians So Crazy About 2go by Mobinga: 11:03am On Aug 04, 2011
ikoha:

2go is meant for students. i was a huge fan of it till i found out that most othe people there are[b] fakers and takers. they claimed who they were not[/b]. they asked you for money to come visit you, they asked for recharge cards to continue chatting with you, and generally nothing meaningful came out of it. i had over 400 on my friends list but virtually all of them were students and it was at that point i concluded that it was meant for students basically. some real things came out of it though, but like someone said ''what happens in Vegas remains in Vegas''.

Facebook is fake, Nairaland is fake, Twitter is fake. People always claim who/what they aren't. Get used to it.
Re: Why Are Nigerians So Crazy About 2go by begwong: 2:26pm On Aug 04, 2011
2go 2come 2waka

2disappear!
Re: Why Are Nigerians So Crazy About 2go by timpaker(m): 2:34pm On Aug 04, 2011
like my friend would always say, "2go amaka zi". (don't know what it means though)
Re: Why Are Nigerians So Crazy About 2go by mcnepow(m): 3:24pm On Aug 04, 2011
timpaker:

like my friend would always say, "2go amaka zi". (don't know what it means though)
Translating to pidgin english gives - 2go make sense die!
Re: Why Are Nigerians So Crazy About 2go by gmoney009(m): 5:02pm On Aug 04, 2011
For me the facebook gateway added to 2go makes the application really cool.
Re: Why Are Nigerians So Crazy About 2go by EfeEkarume(m): 6:11pm On Aug 04, 2011
Neroze:

i love 2go!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Get married to it!
Re: Why Are Nigerians So Crazy About 2go by EfeEkarume(m): 6:25pm On Aug 04, 2011
Nigerians loves talking a lot, that's why they are crazy about 2go. Infact, am about 2go 2 2go, there is no stopping me,
begwong:

2disappear!
2vanish
MeGaStReEt:

what da phuclll is 3go
The only application made up of a number and two alphabets.
Re: Why Are Nigerians So Crazy About 2go by Sike(m): 6:35pm On Aug 04, 2011
My inability 2 add my FB pals makes me dislike 2go. Imagine my username wey i don dey use even b4 dem born 2go, im dey tell me say e no correct. #Bas.tard!
Re: Why Are Nigerians So Crazy About 2go by nkim(m): 8:17pm On Aug 04, 2011
I luv 2go because it get me connected,i hate d rums because premature wey dem dash phone full am, and d kind of pix posted dia piss me up alot. Is very very addictive beware b4 motor nock u down on d process of 2go in.
Re: Why Are Nigerians So Crazy About 2go by Nobody: 12:04am On Aug 05, 2011
A few days of 2going wil tel anyone to stay away frm d rooms unless d person wan flirt himself cos d rooms na plain error, to enjoy 2go,chat wit peeps dat r ur friends n r on ur friends lists n also wit ur facebook gateway, to use it to get to initiate friendship wit someone can b frustratin esp of d person no dey reply u on tym so jst stick to ur own peeps or learn to exercise patience,
SlamDunk:

@gbenga. tanx ive tried all. i thnk it dosnt recognise ma phone.
getjar n zedge.net allows u to make download based on ur operating system of ur phone so theoretically i feel it should work,
Mobinga:

Facebook is fake, Nairaland is fake, Twitter is fake. People always claim who/what they aren't. Get used to it.
meeting people online is mostly fake, real world social activities is d main tin
Re: Why Are Nigerians So Crazy About 2go by Gbenge77(m): 9:27am On Aug 05, 2011
nkim:

I luv 2go because it get me connected,i hate d rums because premature wey dem dash phone full am, and d kind of pix posted dia piss me up alot. Is very very addictive beware b4 motor nock u down on d process of 2go in.
lol.
Re: Why Are Nigerians So Crazy About 2go by deekseen(m): 9:48am On Aug 05, 2011
@Sike
if you enter http://www.facebook.com/'your username' in your brower and it doesn't open your page then you don't have a username. Go to account settings and create a username. This username is different from your login name.

@Topic
I love 2go. Very cheap way of keeping in touch with my friends, both new and old. The facebook gateway is sweet. Picture sharing is very convenient. I mostly stay invisible so i choose people to chat with at particular times.
You guys complaining about the chatrooms mostly go to flirt rooms, singles and all those teenage rooms. 30's rooms are more mature. I get updates from football rooms during live games. Though i rarely go there, especially since premiership ended.
I used to think mig33 was cool. But 2go is the bomb. You could also chat with users from other countries and make good foreign contacts or learn about other countries and cultures.
Re: Why Are Nigerians So Crazy About 2go by Saipro(m): 3:13pm On Aug 05, 2011
Ventured to try this much hyped app. My submission:
1. Just as there's no evil in the atom, there's no evil in the app; rather, in the souls of the abusers of the app.
2. If it wastes your time, it's because you've nothing better to do with your time.
3. If the chat rooms are not your thing, you don't have to visit them. If you get violated there, remember, you CHOSE to be there.
4. It's actually nifty - small, swift & inexpensive to run.
5. It's ubiquitous nature permits it to run on virtually any phone supporting the Java platform.
5. Friends & family on 2go and Facebook are never too far away. You've no excuse for not connecting. You've neither an excuse for chatting with people you've no business with and ending up being insulted.
6. A host of other nice attributes ,

In fact, the only downside is the sore fingertips - if you overdo it
Re: Why Are Nigerians So Crazy About 2go by moshoodn(m): 5:20pm On Aug 05, 2011
Nigerians and their ego!

The reason why most of you all now hate 2go is cos even a street beiges logs on in.

Nigerians want exclusive thing, i'm better than you things, i have what you can't have things etc

If the rooms are immature, must you log into the rooms?
Those excuses are as flimsy as your ego.

As for me, i've saved myself lots of calling nairas cos most of my pals, families, biz associates, etc are there. . . I busy facebook chat thru it.

In all, its the best application in recent times!

If you wanna know me better, add on 2go thru the username moshoodxyl.

Safe.
Re: Why Are Nigerians So Crazy About 2go by EfeEkarume(m): 8:45pm On Aug 05, 2011
Saipro:

Ventured to try this much hyped app. My submission:
1. Just as there's no evil in the atom, there's no evil in the app; rather, in the souls of the abusers of the app.
2. If it wastes your time, it's because you've nothing better to do with your time.
3. If the chat rooms are not your thing, you don't have to visit them. If you get violated there, remember, you CHOSE to be there.
4. It's actually nifty - small, swift & inexpensive to run.
5. It's ubiquitous nature permits it to run on virtually any phone supporting the Java platform.
5. Friends & family on 2go and Facebook are never too far away. You've no excuse for not connecting. You've neither an excuse for chatting with people you've no business with and ending up being insulted.
6. A host of other nice attributes ,

In fact, the only downside is the sore fingertips - if you overdo it
Another downside is the dizzy eyes, Staring at the screen for too long.
Re: Why Are Nigerians So Crazy About 2go by djayxpro: 3:12am On Aug 06, 2011
lol, the posts here are so funny!!

Well, there's a downside to everything; even being called your name (people mispronounce and erode it of it's beauty).
2go has helped me in the following ways:

I got a room to stay in school at no cost and maximum comfort ( A friend of mine met someone on 2go who i eventually stayed with during my first semester of my first year in school @ no cost and yea! NO HIDDEN CHARGES).

I re-met my Africhat, Nairaland friends there, even my neighbours and cousins i had neither seen nor spoken to in 8yrs. My friends in jand too. We talk more for less.

i met a contact in one of the so called 'annoying' chatrooms. he's a manager of a company and i've not regretted one second of knowing him. He's like a mentor to me and whatever ideas i have for the growth of his company and his self-advancement, i share with him. I've met him. He aint FAKE!

i really don't enjoy the rooms too; there's usually a lot of 'beefing' so i use the 'GoGames' instead (GoWords and all). The 'GoCREDITS' charge for posts in rooms should teach us to be careful were we tread (are you gaining or losing?) of course! Getting insulted on your own GoCredit is BAD INVESTMENT.

Well, the very bad disadvantage is that people are now replacing chatting with calls and so if i'm not online for a week, my friends might not call and all important info would have to wait till i'm online. THIS IS EXTREMELY so BAD. DEAR 2GO USERS (2GOers), CHATTING SHOULD NOT REPLACE CALLS OR YOU MAY NEVER SPEAK TO YOUR GRANDMA,

now, i'm not usually online as i used to be cuz PRIORITY has set in, although the scar of my past is still there -the digits on my keypad have been erased-, but my 2go experience has taught me to type with the speed of light. i type messages without looking into my phone, i'm a VETERAN, lol
Re: Why Are Nigerians So Crazy About 2go by Jefak(m): 6:02pm On Aug 12, 2011
EfeEkarume:

Another downside is the dizzy eyes, Staring at the screen for too long.
djay x-pro:

lol, the posts here are so funny!!

Well, there's a downside to everything; even being called your name (people mispronounce and erode it of it's beauty).
2go has helped me in the following ways:

I got a room to stay in school at no cost and maximum comfort ( A friend of mine met someone on 2go who i eventually stayed with during my first semester of my first year in school @ no cost and yea! NO HIDDEN CHARGES).

I re-met my Africhat, Nairaland friends there, even my neighbours and cousins i had neither seen nor spoken to in 8yrs. My friends in jand too. We talk more for less.

i met a contact in one of the so called 'annoying' chatrooms. he's a manager of a company and i've not regretted one second of knowing him. He's like a mentor to me and whatever ideas i have for the growth of his company and his self-advancement, i share with him. I've met him. He aint FAKE!

i really don't enjoy the rooms too; there's usually a lot of 'beefing' so i use the 'GoGames' instead (GoWords and all). The 'GoCREDITS' charge for posts in rooms should teach us to be careful were we tread (are you gaining or losing?) of course! Getting insulted on your own GoCredit is BAD INVESTMENT.

Well, the very bad disadvantage is that people are now replacing chatting with calls and so if i'm not online for a week, my friends might not call and all important info would have to wait till i'm online. THIS IS EXTREMELY so BAD. DEAR 2GO USERS (2GOers), CHATTING SHOULD NOT REPLACE CALLS OR YOU MAY NEVER SPEAK TO YOUR GRANDMA,

now, i'm not usually online as i used to be cuz PRIORITY has set in, although the scar of my past is still there -the digits on my keypad have been erased-, but my 2go experience has taught me to type with the speed of light. i type messages without looking into my phone, i'm a VETERAN, lol

nice 1 bro! You can add me via 'jefak', all ya beefers of 2go will eventually end up registering there one day! Very soon i tell ya! Lol
Re: Why Are Nigerians So Crazy About 2go by tshegs19: 8:05pm On Aug 19, 2011
@slamdunk GO TO WAP.2GO.CO.ZA , U wud download it u can use dis number 08138661108 and 56120 (password) chao!!!!!
Re: Why Are Nigerians So Crazy About 2go by JideTheBlogger(m): 12:20pm On Aug 15, 2012
Yes, it's worthy of the time. Once you download 2go to your phone, you will be able to chat with friends irrespective of the phone they are using. You will be able to send files, photos and even enjoy group chats with ease. I also use 2go to chat with my Facebook friends. You can even download 2go for Android, Blackberry and also use 2go on Computer.

You can check out : How To Open 2go Account if you are yet to register on 2go.
Re: Why Are Nigerians So Crazy About 2go by dreu2fine(m): 2:18pm On Aug 16, 2012
2go r for d kids if u need a matured site to chat pls visit.www.****.com,
Re: Why Are Nigerians So Crazy About 2go by emyguz(m): 1:49pm On Aug 28, 2012
lakefist: its not worth anything, i was dissappointed when i check in to 2go rooms found some fools there insulting any1 who tried to contribute to meaningful discussions.i tink most users of 2go are not matured, if ure doubting go to 1 of d rooms and see for urself no site can be like nairaland.

I hate 2go rooms with passion. except the games room.

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

I Helped Steve Jobs Create The Mac — Bill Gates / Tips To Protect Yourself From Laptop Radiation: / How To Test A Used (UK) Laptop Before Purchasing

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 61
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.