Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,289 members, 7,807,979 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 01:03 AM

US Enters Technical Recession After Two Consecutive Negative Growths - Foreign Affairs (9) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Foreign Affairs / US Enters Technical Recession After Two Consecutive Negative Growths (27356 Views)

Russian Warship Carrying Hypersonic Nuclear Bombs Enters U.S Mainland (Photos) / Thomas Schäfe Commits Suicide Over Recession Caused By Coronavirus / South Africa Slips Into Technical Recession As GDP Drops 0.7% In Q2 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: US Enters Technical Recession After Two Consecutive Negative Growths by ParpahSeventy: 8:45pm On Jul 28, 2022
jimetagambo:

Okay.

If you don't give a fuk about us guys seeking asylum as you claim, then don't worry about us in obodo Oyinbo.
You can save yourself alot of energy if you mind your business and not worry about other people's lives grin
Am not worried about your life, I worry about your mindset towards your own.
Re: US Enters Technical Recession After Two Consecutive Negative Growths by egunna(m): 8:45pm On Jul 28, 2022
VeryWickedMan:

You must be daft if you think I will take Russian news from a US news site during a Russia vs US war.
I don't know y he is trying so hard to negate the news.
Re: US Enters Technical Recession After Two Consecutive Negative Growths by ParpahSeventy: 8:46pm On Jul 28, 2022
jimetagambo:

Google sarcasm.

I understand English language can be hard due to the bad educational system in Nigeria.
If I tell you where I schooled, am sure your generation unborn won't afford to school there.

1 Like

Re: US Enters Technical Recession After Two Consecutive Negative Growths by tctrills: 8:47pm On Jul 28, 2022
jimetagambo:

If it was independent, would I have said Biden could have fired Jerome Powell in my earlier post on this thread? since Powell is a republican and was appointed by a republican. Bush I think.

There have been several research on trickle down economics. You can google it.

Please turn on your images. It seems it's off.
The have been several researchs to show you are wrong you can Google it. But then the biggest proof; at the end of Trump's rule, the average American was richer than in 2016 despite Covid. I guess the voodoo thing was great for the nation.

If you do not know that the federal reserve is independent of the president, it would be really hard to discuss with you.
Re: US Enters Technical Recession After Two Consecutive Negative Growths by jimetagambo: 8:47pm On Jul 28, 2022
ParpahSeventy:

If I tell you where I schooled, am sure your generation unborn won't afford to school there.
We have heard you. Local champion that does not know what sarcasm is.
Re: US Enters Technical Recession After Two Consecutive Negative Growths by DerrickzB: 8:47pm On Jul 28, 2022
BritishNaija:

Lolz, You brought your madness here too.

Hehehe!! I must free you from mental slavery!!!
Re: US Enters Technical Recession After Two Consecutive Negative Growths by Drenimarcus(m): 8:48pm On Jul 28, 2022
jimetagambo:
Drenimarcus

When are you moving to Russia nah, I hope you take Seunny4lif with you?

You shah won't let me be eh. I am visiting the country soon, my ruskies don invite me. I go move fully next year, I go create thread when that time don reach. cheesy
Re: US Enters Technical Recession After Two Consecutive Negative Growths by jimetagambo: 8:48pm On Jul 28, 2022
ParpahSeventy:

Am not worried about your life, I worry about your mindset towards your own.
Worry about what you will eat tonight and how you would lock your doors behind your high fences like a prisoner. Don't let the generator fumes get to you grin
Re: US Enters Technical Recession After Two Consecutive Negative Growths by jimetagambo: 8:49pm On Jul 28, 2022
Drenimarcus:

You shah won't let me be eh. I am visiting the country soon, my ruskies don invite me. I go move fully next year, I go create thread when that time don reach. cheesy
Please mention me when you create the thread. I promise not to post any screenshot. Just fun and not.al discussion to catch a glimpse of Russia grin
Re: US Enters Technical Recession After Two Consecutive Negative Growths by Nobody: 8:49pm On Jul 28, 2022
DerrickzB:

Hehehe!! I must free you from mental slavery!!!

You have to free yourself.
Re: US Enters Technical Recession After Two Consecutive Negative Growths by tctrills: 8:49pm On Jul 28, 2022
jimetagambo:

Jeez.its like talking to a wall.

I will let the pictures do the talking.

Ps: republican party in the 1930, 40s and earlier is different from Republican party of nowadays and same for Democrats. Ideology changed.
Basic civic in America.
No these are democrat talking points and have no real-life bearing.
Regan reduced tax and Americans got richer.
Trump did the same and Americans got richer.
Your diagram has no single real-life example of where the reduction of taxes made the common man poorer.But I give it to you, its a nice diagram.
The idea that the republican party changed is false and has no historic basis. Its just another Democrat talking point
Re: US Enters Technical Recession After Two Consecutive Negative Growths by ParpahSeventy: 8:49pm On Jul 28, 2022
Dscop:

I'm responsible for what I say, not what you understand, unfortunately.
First and foremost you gave me a mention, I replied you explicitly although your mention doesn't correlate with what I said, I still have an explicit reply.
You gave another mention saying "you are replying the clown am talking to".
That was you telling me you are replying the clown am talking to.
And you repeated that reply the second time on the third mention.
Basically you don't know what you are saying talk more of being responsible for it.
Do you really understand yourself?

1 Like

Re: US Enters Technical Recession After Two Consecutive Negative Growths by ParpahSeventy: 8:53pm On Jul 28, 2022
Dscop:

Why are you so jealous of the guy? Why are you such a miserable soul?

You said he was doing shitty job - he responded he's making over $10K monthly

Now he's an asylum seeker because you saw that on his moniker abi?

You're really du.mb. You must be one of serial US Visa reject. grin grin
Google the word "jealousy" when you understand it, you will know how to apply it.
Assylum seekers do sh*tty jobs I never derailed from my statement, he can say he earns $50k a week, or per day his cup of tea, I don't give a bullsh*t, I do much better for myself, that's a fact, I want to move to America or Europe, I can do it and legally with ease at that, am not interested I have alot of business over here to take care of.

2 Likes

Re: US Enters Technical Recession After Two Consecutive Negative Growths by tctrills: 8:54pm On Jul 28, 2022
jimetagambo:

Jeez.its like talking to a wall.

I will let the pictures do the talking.

Ps: republican party in the 1930, 40s and earlier is different from Republican party of nowadays and same for Democrats. Ideology changed.
Basic civic in America.
The democrats were the party of the KKK but they try to spin history and claim it somehow changed in the 1930s and 40s. When we ask them for evidence they start making noise.
Re: US Enters Technical Recession After Two Consecutive Negative Growths by ParpahSeventy: 8:56pm On Jul 28, 2022
jimetagambo:

Worry about what you will eat tonight and how you would lock your doors behind your high fences like a prisoner. Don't let the generator fumes get to you grin
Funny enough am presently sitting on table not knowing which to eat and which to pass, am sure you think everyone worries about their meals like you do, I don't lock my doors, I don't worry about my doors, it's well taken care of.
Re: US Enters Technical Recession After Two Consecutive Negative Growths by jimetagambo: 8:57pm On Jul 28, 2022
tctrills:

The democrats were the party of the KKK but they try to spin history and claim it somehow changed in the 1930s and 40s. When we ask them for evidence they start making noise.

You sound like one of those Trump fan boys that started following US politics after Trump became president.

In as much as I would have loved to reply all your post above and this one. I am currently at work and do not have the free time.

Just continue rooting for your Peter Obi in Nigeria. Let Americans worry about their dems and GOP.

1 Like

Re: US Enters Technical Recession After Two Consecutive Negative Growths by ParpahSeventy: 8:59pm On Jul 28, 2022
jimetagambo:

We have heard you. Local champion that does not know what sarcasm is.
If you know what sarcasm is, you will know it's not part of my discussion with the other gentleman, Believe me when I say I have travelled more places and cultures than you ever will.
Whenever local champions get out of their villages, they want everyone to know they travelled, I guess that's exactly what you are doing.

1 Like

Re: US Enters Technical Recession After Two Consecutive Negative Growths by tctrills: 8:59pm On Jul 28, 2022
jimetagambo:

You sound like one of those Trump fan boys that started following US politics after Trump became president.

In as much as I would have loved to reply all your post above and this one. I am currently at work and do not have the free time.
You lied.
Under President Obama, the national debt grew the most ... trillion) and was fifth by percentage at 74%.
You sound like a Biden fanboy that started following politics when Biden became president.
Have a wonderful time at work. I am expecting you.

1 Like

Re: US Enters Technical Recession After Two Consecutive Negative Growths by Dscop: 9:06pm On Jul 28, 2022
LordAdam16:

Is that all?

Biden will also be a one term failure like Carter. After apparently getting the "most votes" in history.

The election was stolen. More Americans, including Democrats, accept that now than they did at any point in the last two years. Democrats just waive it off as a necessary evil to avoid living under Trump. Well, as the slang goes, "hand don touch everybody".

I really do hope the recession doesn't hurt you that badly. Diasporans are responsible for over $30b in inflows every year. Insult Trump as much as you want, but keep cashing that check. Best of luck to you!

I'm thankful for the Trump years and BIDEN can't GTFO soon enough. You guys had Warren, Klobuchar, and co and you had to steal the election for that senile "Pedo Pete" f*ck. Very annoying!

-Lord

Do you need me to send you a pacifier? All I'm hearing is wailing, anguish, sorrow, lament, torture, pls are you already in hell or you booked an earlier flight?

Even if Biden doesn't run a 2nd term, he'll never be impeached talkless of twice; you should focus more on impregnating one European, you see that Brexit thing is just a start, well it's not like Lagos will reject you anyways....but keep spewing trash and taking panadol when you don't even have a head talk less of an headache.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: US Enters Technical Recession After Two Consecutive Negative Growths by Elidrisy20: 9:07pm On Jul 28, 2022
Biden na mumu
Re: US Enters Technical Recession After Two Consecutive Negative Growths by jimetagambo: 9:08pm On Jul 28, 2022
tctrills:

You lied.
Under President Obama, the national debt grew the most ... trillion) and was fifth by percentage at 74%.
You sound like a Biden fanboy that started following politics when Biden became president.
Have a wonderful time at work. I am expecting you.
Biden?

I don't even like him that much or any of the older guys that should be in retirement or old people's homes. Biden just got lucky because Trump was such a horrible president. So horrible he almost got Pence his deputy killed on January 6.

I have never seen the Republican party (not to even mention America) so much divided until Trump came along.

A cat would have also defeated Trump in the last election because he was one of the worst president the USA has ever had grin

I want DeSantis vs a younger Democrat.

I left some screenshots for your enjoyment as usual grin

No problem. Chat soon.

Re: US Enters Technical Recession After Two Consecutive Negative Growths by william1ehsan: 9:11pm On Jul 28, 2022
Na this kain news some ediots go dey make reference to, to compare and justify their 8years of failure.Nonsense!Na this kain news some ediots go dey make reference to, to compare and justify their 8years of failure.Nonsense!...
Re: US Enters Technical Recession After Two Consecutive Negative Growths by Drenimarcus(m): 9:14pm On Jul 28, 2022
jimetagambo:

Please mention me when you create the thread. I promise not to post any screenshot. Just fun and not.al discussion to catch a glimpse of Russia grin

No worry I will. Was gonna visit Russia/Ukraine this summer but Brandon had other plans.
Re: US Enters Technical Recession After Two Consecutive Negative Growths by jimetagambo: 9:14pm On Jul 28, 2022
Drenimarcus:

No worry I will. Was gonna visit Russia/Ukraine this summer but Brandon had other plans.
Let's go Brandon cool

1 Like

Re: US Enters Technical Recession After Two Consecutive Negative Growths by Dscop: 9:16pm On Jul 28, 2022
ParpahSeventy:

First and foremost you gave me a mention, I replied you explicitly although your mention doesn't correlate with what I said, I still have an explicit reply.
You gave another mention saying "you are replying the clown am talking to".
That was you telling me you are replying the clown am talking to.
And you repeated that reply the second time on the third mention.
Basically you don't know what you are saying talk more of being responsible for it.
Do you really understand yourself?

Actually you are the clown I made mention of. Get it now?

1 Like

Re: US Enters Technical Recession After Two Consecutive Negative Growths by Brendaniel: 9:18pm On Jul 28, 2022
Dscop:

Apparently your limited education has been a total waste. Do you think whoever paid for it can get a refund?

'We warned them' - who the hell are you again?

You don't even have ordinary electricity to charge the phone you're using to type rubbish.

grin So you can't talk without raining insults grin I've just been laughing here grin

I doubt your account will last till the end this year, if it does please just mention me on dec 31, I will try and publicly praise you grin
Re: US Enters Technical Recession After Two Consecutive Negative Growths by jimetagambo: 9:20pm On Jul 28, 2022
Brendaniel:

grin So you can't talk without raining insults grin I've just been laughing here grin

I doubt your account will last till the end this year, if it does please just mention me on dec 31, I will try and publicly praise you grin
He won't get banned. His insults are very subtle (not in your face), and he is smart about it. It even flew over the person receiving the insults head.

grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin
Re: US Enters Technical Recession After Two Consecutive Negative Growths by Brendaniel: 9:20pm On Jul 28, 2022
bhella10:
We? Ona don start. WE warn them about... Gang

Yes o, we will continue to warn them, it is out duty to do so... grin
Re: US Enters Technical Recession After Two Consecutive Negative Growths by LordAdam16: 9:20pm On Jul 28, 2022
Ibime:

I expect better than this Russian piece. This is what happens when you bring too much politics into economic matters.

Q1 GDP decline was 1.6%. That predates the Russia situation. Shall we say Russia helped the GDP from -1.6% to -0.9%?

Inflation was already 8% before the Russian invasion and had been climbing steadily since October.

For the last time, Russia has absolutely nothing to do with American GDP decline and I won't dignify this Russian write-up with engaging it too deeply. A whole 12 years of financial quantitative easing and an unprecented fiscal response to a pandemic has happened which require unwinding, not because oil is $100 which America carried easily for half a decade in the Arab spring, nor natural gas at $8 when America has been carrying natural gas at $20 for most of the 2000s. Knowledge of numbers and price points is key, narrative is just lazy. These are political talking points that appeal to Joe the Plumber level.

The unwinding did not have to be this severe. You're being dishonest if you discount that.

QE lasted from 2008 to 2014. In Europe, it lasted from 2015 to 2018. QE was understandably restarted in 2020 because of COVID. The initial fiscal response to COVID was necessary. It was the extra sh*t and ret*rded public health policy that primarily f*cked the economic structure.

Not some phantom 12 years of QE. Not even the fiscal response. Strict lockdown policies even after the vaccine had been released for those who needed it destroyed economic activity. It wasn't too long ago that folks wanted to stay home for "as long as necessary" to save grandma. That was a public health policy pushed by your side of the divide that didn't give a d*mn about economic consequences. No surprise paying folks to stay at home and maintain high-level of consumption for years will lead to record inflation.

You're clearly conflating issues and espousing a gross underappreciation of the factors that precipitated this downturn. If you're talking about unwinding, 2018 was a sh*t year for the markets. The worst in over a decade. There was no recession tho'. So talking about QE from 2008 as a primary contributor to a recession in 2022 is poor analysis.

And hard as you may try to dismiss the Russian debacle, it made a bad situation worse. Do you have any idea what the pressures of a sudden halt of cheap Russian energy to the West have wrought on the economy? While we were already dealing with supply chain drama and newer strains with grossly exaggerated responses. Sure, the exposure of the Europeans are higher, but it isn't the 2000s anymore.

Heck, during the Arab Spring you speak of, American energy production was breaking new records, Russia was feeding Europe all the energy they could have, and China was not pursuing an aggressive zero covid policy. Of course, it felt like America was weathering $100 oil "easily" as you put it, when the rest of the world was humming along. I need not point out how different things are now.

-Lord
Re: US Enters Technical Recession After Two Consecutive Negative Growths by Dscop: 9:21pm On Jul 28, 2022
ParpahSeventy:

Google the word "jealousy" when you understand it, you will know how to apply it.
Assylum seekers do sh*tty jobs I never derailed from my statement, he can say he earns $50k a week, or per day his cup of tea, I don't give a bullsh*t, I do much better for myself, that's a fact, I want to move to America or Europe, I can do it and legally with ease at that, am not interested I have alot of business over here to take care of.

You're not interested? Did we write you any invite to move to the US? grin grin grin

You clowns are just delusional beyond words. Let me spell it out in a language you'll understand, feel free to use Google Translate to change it to your mother's tongue.

I'm a bee, you are a fly, a bee doesn't have to tell a fly honey tastes better than shit.

Hope that clears it off for you. If you need more beat down...JUST CALL MY NAME...AND I'LL BE THERE....

1 Like 1 Share

Re: US Enters Technical Recession After Two Consecutive Negative Growths by jimetagambo: 9:22pm On Jul 28, 2022
Dscop:

You're not interested? Did we write you any invite to move to the US? grin grin grin

You clowns are just delusional beyond words. Let me spell it out in a language you'll understand, feel free to use Google Translate to change it to your mother's tongue.

I'm a bee, you are a fly, a bee doesn't have to tell a fly honey tastes better than shit.

Hope that clears it off for you. If you need more beat down...JUST CALL MY NAME...AND I'LL BE THERE....
Jesus!

The red and the bolded post

grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin
Re: US Enters Technical Recession After Two Consecutive Negative Growths by Brendaniel: 9:23pm On Jul 28, 2022
jimetagambo:

He won't get banned. His insults are very subtle (not in your face), and he is smart about it. It even flew over the person receiving the insults head.

grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin

grin Oga the guy just use insult from begining to end, e no make any argument, if you know as I dey laugh for here grin

(1) (2) (3) ... (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (Reply)

EUROPE IN CRISIS: Anti-lockdown Protesters Clash With Cops (Pics, Video) / EU, UK Agree On Brexit Deal (Photos) / Robert Bentley Resigns As Alabama Governor Over Illicit Affair With Female Aide

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 67
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.