Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,149,021 members, 7,803,425 topics. Date: Saturday, 20 April 2024 at 04:00 PM

. - Jobs/Vacancies - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Jobs/Vacancies / . (888 Views)

Reason Why N-power Batch C Applicants Were Told To Carry Out Biometrics / Who Knows Where I Can Build Something Like This? / Should He Accept The Job Offer As A University Graduate? Pls Advice Needed (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

. by AdaAde(f): 6:20pm On Jul 28, 2022

1 Like

Re: . by spinna: 7:40pm On Jul 28, 2022
Well done for keeping busy

My advice is focus on the sewing now there is strike.. gain customers and make money with less stress and on your terms ... Ember season is coming when there is more business for tailors.

Nursing is there when strike ends

1 Like

Re: . by PastorFire: 7:45pm On Jul 28, 2022
U no get problem!

2 Likes

Re: . by AdaAde(f): 12:34am On Jul 29, 2022
spinna:
Well done for keeping busy

My advice is focus on the sewing now there is strike.. gain customers and make money with less stress and on your terms ... Ember season is coming when there is more business for tailors.

Nursing is there when strike ends

I really appreciate this sir.
Re: . by AdaAde(f): 12:34am On Jul 29, 2022
PastorFire:
U no get problem!

It is well
Re: . by dxdiag(m): 12:00pm On Jul 30, 2022
You ve done well in all this endeavour, I must commend you.
Am happy to see young guys/ladies hustling to better themself genuinely than just wasting time chasing after frivolity.
Taking initiative to learn sewing, ui/ux design and nursing is very encouraging especially during ASUU strike.
Don't feel you ve not done enough for yourself at the moment, or feel drained and discouraged at the same time. But instead, think of what to gain in all this, as stated earlier, you mentioned you re a nursing student;great i must say, volunteering to learn nursing too is fine but don't do away with your fashion designer skill and ui/ux development, because if you leave them after some time, you will start to forget it.
IT is hot cake, so also is nursing followed by fashion design.
Remember each of them comes with there own challenges too, brace up and learn as fast as you can. No knowledge is lost.

2 Likes

Re: . by toujurs: 12:38am On Oct 01, 2022
Introverts!!! always seeking advices online, there are people you can physically have this conversation with in your family/friends. Than coming here to spill this personal life struggles to people who are struggling, trying to solve theirs.
Re: . by AdaAde(f): 6:10am On Oct 01, 2022
I'm very glad I did my dear
Got the best of advice and found a fresh path from total strangers.

God bless genuine Nairalanders.

toujurs:
Introverts!!! always seeking advices online, there are people you can physically have this conversation with in your family/friends. Than coming here to spill this personal life struggles to people who are struggling, trying to solve theirs.

1 Like

Re: . by QuinModah(f): 8:39am On Oct 01, 2022
AdaAde:
Good evening all, please pardon my lengthy post.....
As regards the subject, I feel it's the best way of summing up how things has been for me lately. I don't know if I'm being unnecessarily impatient, anxious, or worried; but one thing I'm sure of is that, it's been draining me emotionally and mentally. I've seen many people getting really good advice from this platform, and it propelled me to reach out to experienced and matured individuals here

Since the start of the ongoing ASUU strike, I felt my life take a turn I never expected. I started to see how inexperienced, and dependent I am. I feel like I've not been making good use of this period despite enrolling as a volunteer nurse around where I stay(ps: I'm a nursing student)

You might ask me why I still feel so inadequate despite the fact that I seem to be doing something with my time. I'll tell you why;
Before the strike and during the strike, I had learnt fashion designing from my mom(she's not doing it as a business tho), and also from YouTube. I have successfully made dresses for myself and the little customers I was able to attract. I was also able to learn product design and master the art of Figma.

Now to the issue on ground,
I felt at a time that things where going quite slow, and knowledge as regards academic was diminishing. Most of my classmates were opting for volunteer nursing because no one would want to employ an undergraduate nurse. I decided to follow the crowd thinking the working hours would be flexible, and I would have time to build my skills, and make money. But unfortunately, the workload was quite the opposite of what I expected.

I've sacrificed my time and money, and it just seems to be draining me the more. No space/opportunity to make dress for people, no time and money to build my uiux portfolio, and a whole lot of others.

So to sum it up, should I focus on building my skills and hustle pending the strike or continue with acquiring knowledge as a volunteer nurse?

Thank you so much in advance

Also, I'll be very happy to get a paid internship opportunity in a fashion designing outlet in Ibadan. Do well to refer me to such please embarassed embarassed
Thank you so much
Multiple stream of income is the way to go with the current inflation and economic indices. Be wise, you can start building your house or open a business for your younger sister so you can retire early.

1 Like

Re: . by AdaAde(f): 8:50am On Oct 01, 2022
This is so apt!!

QuinModah:
Multiple stream of income is the way to go with the current inflation and economic indices. Be wise, you can start building your house or open a business for your younger sister so you can retire early.

1 Like

Re: . by QuinModah(f): 8:53am On Oct 01, 2022
kiss
AdaAde:
This is so apt!!

1 Like

(1) (Reply)

Earn Upto $7000 Monthly Working Remotely For Spotify / A Female Marketer Wanted In Phc / Quality Assurance Manager Wanted

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 20
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.