Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,143,318 members, 7,780,781 topics. Date: Thursday, 28 March 2024 at 10:05 PM

Sanwo-Olu To Establish 250-Hectare Cattle Ranch In Epe - Agriculture - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Agriculture / Sanwo-Olu To Establish 250-Hectare Cattle Ranch In Epe (17371 Views)

How Much Rice Can A Hectare Produce / Ogun To Set Up Cattle Ranch Soon - Governor Abiodun / John Godson's Pilgrim Ranch Loses N15m As Goats & Dogs Were Poisoned In Abia (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Sanwo-Olu To Establish 250-Hectare Cattle Ranch In Epe by Lanrelagboi: 9:42pm On Jul 28, 2022
The Governor Babajide Sanwo-Olu-led Lagos State Government is to establish a 250-hectare feedlots/ranch in Igbodu, Epe, through private sector investment to boost production in the red meat value chain.

The state Commissioner for Agriculture, Abisola Olusanya
, said this on Thursday in Lagos that the project was to mitigate against shortage of supply caused by strikes and other challenges.

Feedlots are agricultural operations where animals are kept and raised in confined situations…that congregate animals, feed, manure and urine, dead animals, and production operations on a small land area.

In the arrangement, feed is brought to the animals rather than the animals grazing or otherwise seeking feed in pastures or fields.

Ms Olusanya said that the project would be in phases as more private feedlots were expected to be set up in the state.

She said that investors were already indicating interest.

According to the commissioner, the state has acquired more land in Epe but would implement the project in phases.

“We have actually called on investors, put out an expression of interest.

“We have investors who actually showed interest, they have applied and done screening.

“We are just trying to clear, put a bit of infrastructure in place and get private investors to invest.

“We are doing 250 hectares in the first instance, that is phase one; we have acquired more land at Igbodu, Epe, and we are hoping to be able to increase it,” she said.

Ms Olusanya said that the project was to demonstrate that cattle could be reared on ranches or in feedlots as against open grazing.

“The idea is to get private investors to come into the value chain so we establish feedlots, individual feedlots.

The official said that the government intended to have a centralised facility maintenance company or a private sector player to help oversee the activities in the feedlot.

“In Nigeria, we eat almost three million or more heads of cattle yearly.

“Lagos alone consumes more than half of or almost half of that, and if we consume that much, it makes sense to bring this product or livestock closer to Lagos.

“We have seen the impact of long-term closure of roads, road blocks, food amalgamation and association issues; when they go on a strike, the impact is mostly felt in Lagos.

“How can we begin to mitigate such things so that in the future, if you are even having a crisis, we are not badly affected.

“It is not that we will not be affected, we will be affected but not badly affected to the extent that it becomes a security issue.

“That is why we are doing some of this things to see that cattle can actually be reared on ranches or can be reared in feedlots,” she said.

The commissioner said that the state government had already begun a pilot feedlot project at Badagry, adding that some of the cattle were sold during the last Eid-El Kabir celebration.

“They were very big cows; those that purchased the cows from us can attest to the fact that those cows were different.

“In fact, some people thought they were international breeds that we brought into the country but they were cows we procured here locally when they were young and groomed them for about 18 months.

“Lagos of the 21st Century should be able to establish ranches and feedlots,” she said.

https://gazettengr.com/sanwo-olu-to-establish-250-hectare-cattle-ranch-in-lagos-official/?utm_source=ReviveOldPost&utm_medium=social&utm_campaign=ReviveOldPost

27 Likes 1 Share

Re: Sanwo-Olu To Establish 250-Hectare Cattle Ranch In Epe by Tetrahedron: 9:43pm On Jul 28, 2022
This ineffective houseboy sef, hope he will be replaced by “emi lokan”

30 Likes 11 Shares

Re: Sanwo-Olu To Establish 250-Hectare Cattle Ranch In Epe by Xscape1993(m): 9:44pm On Jul 28, 2022
Congratulations to him!

6 Likes

Re: Sanwo-Olu To Establish 250-Hectare Cattle Ranch In Epe by Tinubuagbado: 10:56pm On Jul 28, 2022
Finally Tinubu has forced RUGA on Yoruba's.

105 Likes 11 Shares

Re: Sanwo-Olu To Establish 250-Hectare Cattle Ranch In Epe by leofab(f): 11:01pm On Jul 28, 2022
We watch

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Sanwo-Olu To Establish 250-Hectare Cattle Ranch In Epe by Throwback: 11:11pm On Jul 28, 2022
Tetrahedron:
This ineffective houseboy sef, hope he will be replaced by “emi lokan”

Ineffective houseboy that has handled projects that other Governors in Nigeria cannot even conceptualise.

77 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Sanwo-Olu To Establish 250-Hectare Cattle Ranch In Epe by Smithkafors(m): 11:26pm On Jul 28, 2022
Throwback:

Ineffective houseboy that has handled projects that other Governors in Nigeria cannot even conceptualise.

Which project pls? Make una try dry travel.

85 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Sanwo-Olu To Establish 250-Hectare Cattle Ranch In Epe by Koralords: 12:58am On Jul 29, 2022
Nice one ,Lagos leads others follow

12 Likes

Re: Sanwo-Olu To Establish 250-Hectare Cattle Ranch In Epe by Buccalcavity2: 1:43am On Jul 29, 2022
Good one. This is what we've been saying. Why should governors wait on FG before privatizing cattle rearing and implement laws regulating them. Way to go.

58 Likes 1 Share

Re: Sanwo-Olu To Establish 250-Hectare Cattle Ranch In Epe by Megabig: 5:07am On Jul 29, 2022
Tell us how much to set it up and how much we will realize afterwards. Don’t spend 10 billion to realize 100 million.

Most projects now is an avenue to loot the coffers dry, all these people causing pain to the innocent masses will not die well, their death will be excruciating

43 Likes

Re: Sanwo-Olu To Establish 250-Hectare Cattle Ranch In Epe by Prettylima(f): 5:08am On Jul 29, 2022
Nice one omoluabi. But I take God beg you shun Godfatherism by all means and also bring to justice the perpetrators of endsars. We Proudce carton of all sizes that suit your product

5 Likes

Re: Sanwo-Olu To Establish 250-Hectare Cattle Ranch In Epe by Karlovich: 5:08am On Jul 29, 2022
embarassed I see the Fulanis taking over the ranch, I see Dan Fodio's prophecy coming to pass in Yorubaland, I see it becoming a conquered territory like Ilorin, I see the Oba being replaced by an Emir, I see some of them taking refuge in Benin Republic and learning French

This I have seen!

49 Likes 6 Shares

Re: Sanwo-Olu To Establish 250-Hectare Cattle Ranch In Epe by adioolayi(m): 5:09am On Jul 29, 2022
“We have seen the impact of long-term closure of roads, road blocks, food amalgamation and association issues; when they go on a strike, the impact is mostly felt in Lagos.

“How can we begin to mitigate such things so that in the future, if you are even having a crisis, we are not badly affected."

Forward thinking government

19 Likes

Re: Sanwo-Olu To Establish 250-Hectare Cattle Ranch In Epe by ArmaniUhuru: 5:10am On Jul 29, 2022
Tinubuagbado:

I won’t be surprised. Agbado man can do anything to get this presidency.

17 Likes

Re: Sanwo-Olu To Establish 250-Hectare Cattle Ranch In Epe by posty56: 5:12am On Jul 29, 2022
slowly welcoming fulanis

12 Likes

Re: Sanwo-Olu To Establish 250-Hectare Cattle Ranch In Epe by meritadavize1(m): 5:12am On Jul 29, 2022
K
Re: Sanwo-Olu To Establish 250-Hectare Cattle Ranch In Epe by posty56: 5:15am On Jul 29, 2022
slowly leasing land to their Fulani Masters grin, ndi sophistication lol , soon they'll establish. emir of Lagos ,then import their own Sharia law , the foolish tribe keeps sabotaging themselves in the name of spiting igbos

24 Likes 7 Shares

Re: Sanwo-Olu To Establish 250-Hectare Cattle Ranch In Epe by Nobody: 5:15am On Jul 29, 2022
Tinubuagbado:

You are not brilliant!

25 Likes

Re: Sanwo-Olu To Establish 250-Hectare Cattle Ranch In Epe by Nobody: 5:16am On Jul 29, 2022
Karlovich:
embarassed I see the Fulanis taking over the ranch, I see Dan Fodio's prophecy coming to pass in Yorubaland, I see it becoming a conquered territory like Ilorin, I see the Oba being replaced by an Emir, I see some of them taking refuge in Benin Republic and learning French

This I have seen!

Dry!

35 Likes

Re: Sanwo-Olu To Establish 250-Hectare Cattle Ranch In Epe by posty56: 5:16am On Jul 29, 2022
Koralords:
Nice one ,Lagos leads others follow
yes they lead in establishing Fulani colony ,this one na upgraded RUGA

13 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Sanwo-Olu To Establish 250-Hectare Cattle Ranch In Epe by Drakkernoir: 5:16am On Jul 29, 2022
Throwback:

No mind them..na to follow band wagon Dem Sabi.....that his comment was obviously for likes...like say..them go give am money for bank....

10 Likes

Re: Sanwo-Olu To Establish 250-Hectare Cattle Ranch In Epe by posty56: 5:17am On Jul 29, 2022
wink vote for Peter obi BTW

4 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Sanwo-Olu To Establish 250-Hectare Cattle Ranch In Epe by socialmediaman: 5:18am On Jul 29, 2022
Re: Sanwo-Olu To Establish 250-Hectare Cattle Ranch In Epe by Bobbiee: 5:19am On Jul 29, 2022
THE BUHARI GOVERNMENT WOULD DO EVERY THING TO SABOTAGE THIS! MARK MY WORDS. ALSO, WHEN BREEDING CATTLE THEY SHOULD INVEST IN FOREIGN BREEDS. THEY WEIGHT ×4 OUR LOCAL BREEDS AND HAVE EVEN MORE OUTPUT.

CATTLE HERDING IS ON ITS WAY OUT IN NIGERIA.

9 Likes

Re: Sanwo-Olu To Establish 250-Hectare Cattle Ranch In Epe by Mayflowa(m): 5:19am On Jul 29, 2022
This is the way cattle should be raised like chicken. Very nice project. I hope the government are sincere about this and not use it to leak public tax from the treasury.

11 Likes

Re: Sanwo-Olu To Establish 250-Hectare Cattle Ranch In Epe by MondayOsunbor(m): 5:20am On Jul 29, 2022
chai so tinubu from osun state is giving away lagos lands to fulani!!!!!!!!!

imagine

4 Likes

Re: Sanwo-Olu To Establish 250-Hectare Cattle Ranch In Epe by Ejebleje: 5:20am On Jul 29, 2022
They will end up being rustled by ,you know who.

Nice plan tho
Re: Sanwo-Olu To Establish 250-Hectare Cattle Ranch In Epe by Nobody: 5:21am On Jul 29, 2022
Buccalcavity2:
Good one. This is what we've been saying. Why should governors wait on FG before privatizing cattle rearing and implement laws regulating them. Way to go.
Honestly, I am impressed.

9 Likes

Re: Sanwo-Olu To Establish 250-Hectare Cattle Ranch In Epe by Bobbiee: 5:22am On Jul 29, 2022
those saying Fulani have a hand in it don't know what the post is about. In fact, this will destroy the Fulani cattle business in the south rather than aid it.

26 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

I Like To Start Poultry Feed Business / Should I Quit My Job And Start Farming Tomatoes? Advice Please / Lagos To Complete Largest Rice Mill In Sub-saharan Africa Early 2019

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 30
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.