Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,420 members, 7,808,509 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 12:50 PM

Babatunde Gbadamosi Asks Followers To Buy Labour Party Governorship Form For Him - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Babatunde Gbadamosi Asks Followers To Buy Labour Party Governorship Form For Him (22896 Views)

Babatunde Gbadamosi Asks Obidients To Defend Themselves / Babatunde Gbadamosi Arrested For Attending Funke Akindele's Party Amid Lockdown / Babatunde Gbadamosi Reacts To Sowore & Dasuki Release, Talks About Jonathan (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Babatunde Gbadamosi Asks Followers To Buy Labour Party Governorship Form For Him by naptu2: 6:05am On Jul 29, 2022
Babatunde Gbadamosi @BOGbadams

For the last few months, many have clamoured on various social media platforms that I should contest for governor on the platform of the Labour Party. It's an interesting idea which I cannot honestly say does not intrigue me.
#ObiDatti2023

While it is true that Lagos needs rescuing from the clutches of those who have turned it into their ATM, it is true too that because of their looting of that ATM, the effort will be an uphill task that will require immense resources, from my personal experience.

At this point in time, having almost single-handedly contested two major elections back-to-back within two years in 2019 and 2020 (Gubernatorial and Senatorial bye-election), I'm afraid I'm all tapped out.

I simply do not have the resources to engage in another electoral adventure, even if the odds seem to favour Labour Party, provided they can present a solid, politically credible, articulate, knowledgeable, experienced & courageous candidate in Lagos right now.

My past political forays have taught me one thing - you cannot rescue people who are not interested in being rescued. The only way I can believe Lagosians are ready for true freedom from the Jagajagabandits is when I see true commitment.

I am told the Labour Party Expression of Interest and Nomination Forms cost ₦15m, and there is a fee for waiver, that could bring the total to up to 20m. INEC deadline for final substitution of Gubernatorial candidates is August 12th, 2022.

If truly, you're interested in getting me to run, it is time to put your money where your mouth is, and go get me the Labour party form, because honestly, I really no get shishi to give.
#ObiDatti2023

https://twitter.com/BOGbadams/status/1552652445750177792

28 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Babatunde Gbadamosi Asks Followers To Buy Labour Party Governorship Form For Him by naptu2: 6:06am On Jul 29, 2022
Babatunde Olalere Gbadamosi joined the PDP when he returned to Nigeria in 2007 and contested the party's Lagos State governorship primaries in 2011 and 2015, but he did not win. He defected to the Action Democratic Party and was that party's governorship candidate in the 2019 election.

A lot of people on social media were impressed by Mr Gbadamosi's performance in the governorship debate. He criticised the ruling APC and said that he was able to provide 24 hours electricity at the estate that he owns (Amen Estate, Lekki) and therefore he would provide 24 hours electricity in Lagos. He lost the governorship election but gained a huge followership on social media.

However, many of his new followers were shocked by his vicious attacks on anybody that disagreed with him. He had a habit of totally insulting anyone that dared to disagree with him.

Mr Gbadamosi was involved in a scandal when videos of him partying at Funke Akindele's house during the Covid-19 lock down went viral. He later apologised and said that he thought that only Funke Akindele's family would be at the event.

Mr Gbadamosi defected to the PDP and contested the 2020 Lagos East senatorial bye-election. The election was held due to the death of Senator Bayo Oshinowo (aka Peperito). Mr Gbadamosi lost woefully to Tokunbo Abiru, the APC candidate.

Mr Gbadamosi also went viral in 2021 when it was alleged that his wife kicked him out of their home and took over Amen Estate because he allegedly impregnated a women in the United Kingdom. His relative, Funke Akindele, criticised him after the separation became public (Mr Gbadamosi in turn taunted Funke Akindele after her marriage crashed).

26 Likes 6 Shares

Re: Babatunde Gbadamosi Asks Followers To Buy Labour Party Governorship Form For Him by naptu2: 6:06am On Jul 29, 2022
Gbadebo Rhodes-Vivour (GRV) is the Labour Party gubernatorial candidate in Lagos.

38 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Babatunde Gbadamosi Asks Followers To Buy Labour Party Governorship Form For Him by Nobody: 6:18am On Jul 29, 2022

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Babatunde Gbadamosi Asks Followers To Buy Labour Party Governorship Form For Him by Maxymilliano(m): 6:44am On Jul 29, 2022
Lol ... BOG has said it all

You cannot rescue people who are not interested in being rescued.

31 Likes

Re: Babatunde Gbadamosi Asks Followers To Buy Labour Party Governorship Form For Him by SmartPolician: 6:45am On Jul 29, 2022
He should join PDP during the next election cycle and challenge whoever Tinubu will present.

He needs to take the gubernatorial ticket of that party from that yeye boy who wants to run with Funke Akindele. It's too late this season - unless he wants to waste money.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Babatunde Gbadamosi Asks Followers To Buy Labour Party Governorship Form For Him by afroniger: 6:49am On Jul 29, 2022
This man wan job Labour party youths, after PDP don show am shege. cheesy He thinks he's smart.

30 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Babatunde Gbadamosi Asks Followers To Buy Labour Party Governorship Form For Him by Throwback: 6:50am On Jul 29, 2022
Typical political prostitution.

So you just jump on any political bandwagon?

No ideology at all?

Anyway, he has many political prostitutes to look up to.

APGA yesterday, PDP today, Labour tomorrow?

182 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Babatunde Gbadamosi Asks Followers To Buy Labour Party Governorship Form For Him by JASONjnr(m): 6:52am On Jul 29, 2022
Lol.... He's begging Nigerians to do him a favour....

We the Obidient people of Nigeria are concerned about Peter Obi and we are even more concerned with his emergence as the next president of Nigeria.....

4 Likes

Re: Babatunde Gbadamosi Asks Followers To Buy Labour Party Governorship Form For Him by Oplomo: 6:53am On Jul 29, 2022
But LP already has a candidate for Lagos Guber?

I don't really understand these INEC timetable and deadlines.

184 Likes

Re: Babatunde Gbadamosi Asks Followers To Buy Labour Party Governorship Form For Him by Throwback: 6:53am On Jul 29, 2022
naptu2:
Gbadebo Rhodes-Vivour (GRV) is the Labour Party gubernatorial candidate in Lagos.

So Rhodes-Vivour left PDP also after losing the running mate battle to Funke Akindele?

Is this how typical anywhere belle face political prostitutes would lead revolution to mislead the youths who are zombies?

Political opportunists everywhere, claiming holier than thou.

168 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Babatunde Gbadamosi Asks Followers To Buy Labour Party Governorship Form For Him by braveboy64(m): 6:54am On Jul 29, 2022
Politicians sha, give them money in secret to buy tickets for you in public
Re: Babatunde Gbadamosi Asks Followers To Buy Labour Party Governorship Form For Him by Skyfornia(m): 6:54am On Jul 29, 2022
Tinubu will eventually end up in prison if another Party win the president.
Re: Babatunde Gbadamosi Asks Followers To Buy Labour Party Governorship Form For Him by ekukeku(m): 6:54am On Jul 29, 2022
smiley
Ilu le
Re: Babatunde Gbadamosi Asks Followers To Buy Labour Party Governorship Form For Him by IgOga(m): 6:55am On Jul 29, 2022
Another scammer......the poor will always feed the rich until the Lord returns....

After collecting their money he will not buy the form and may still vote for Tinubu

2 Likes

Re: Babatunde Gbadamosi Asks Followers To Buy Labour Party Governorship Form For Him by Mko123(m): 6:55am On Jul 29, 2022
the only thing that baffles me in this country is the fact that our mumu dey grow with index.

Lp wey never gain ground aside presidential election
Re: Babatunde Gbadamosi Asks Followers To Buy Labour Party Governorship Form For Him by onajo2000(m): 6:55am On Jul 29, 2022
Na now day break for you?
Re: Babatunde Gbadamosi Asks Followers To Buy Labour Party Governorship Form For Him by Chiedu4Trump: 6:55am On Jul 29, 2022
Nija needs deliverance from terrorists
Re: Babatunde Gbadamosi Asks Followers To Buy Labour Party Governorship Form For Him by naptu2: 6:55am On Jul 29, 2022
Throwback:

So he left PDP also?

Yes.

1 Like

Re: Babatunde Gbadamosi Asks Followers To Buy Labour Party Governorship Form For Him by Vixlot: 6:55am On Jul 29, 2022
naptu2:

Scamming Obi Supporters

178 Likes 1 Share

Re: Babatunde Gbadamosi Asks Followers To Buy Labour Party Governorship Form For Him by BigBelleControl(m): 6:55am On Jul 29, 2022
Lagos is not slipping out of APC anytime soon forget all this propaganda about someone using the state as ATM.

Someone cannot sit in one corner and wait for election before showing face.

No governor in Lagos since 1999 has been lazy. They have all remained a model for other governors across the country.

This tells you why Lagos remains the only state in Nigeria that has never been governed by any other party except AD/AC/ACN/APC.

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: Babatunde Gbadamosi Asks Followers To Buy Labour Party Governorship Form For Him by joey150(m): 6:55am On Jul 29, 2022
Our politics would soon reach a stage where well meaning Nigerians would happily crowdfund to elect their preferred candidates.

1 Like

Re: Babatunde Gbadamosi Asks Followers To Buy Labour Party Governorship Form For Him by floss(m): 6:56am On Jul 29, 2022
He wants to be obidient and Useful to himself and the masses

1 Like

Re: Babatunde Gbadamosi Asks Followers To Buy Labour Party Governorship Form For Him by Ethannathan(m): 6:56am On Jul 29, 2022
O
Re: Babatunde Gbadamosi Asks Followers To Buy Labour Party Governorship Form For Him by Nobody: 6:56am On Jul 29, 2022
Hehehe better go and meet your former wife ,when you apologise and she forgive you then you can come and ask for our shishi .. come to think about it shebi Madam Funke said she is your family member...

2 Likes

Re: Babatunde Gbadamosi Asks Followers To Buy Labour Party Governorship Form For Him by Vixlot: 6:56am On Jul 29, 2022
onajo2000:
Na now day break for you?

182 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Babatunde Gbadamosi Asks Followers To Buy Labour Party Governorship Form For Him by Throwback: 6:57am On Jul 29, 2022
floss:
He wants to be obidient and Useful to himself and the masses

Hitherto, when they jump about, they claim they are "progressive" politicians.

Now they claim they are obediently useful, since both Obi and Yusuf Datti are leaders in the art of political prostitution and opportunism.

Ebun-Olu Adegboruwa best describes them below.

The Futility Of Obi/Baba-Ahmed Ticket – By Ebun-Olu Adegboruwa

1. They are usurpers with no legitimate party or structure, leveraging on their financial prowess to corner a ticket meant for genuine representatives of the working class.

2. They revel in parading dubious statistics, gathering a mob support without ideology or principle other than raw anger against the status quo, which their idols were part and parcel of.

3. The supposed anger of bourgeois renegades against their fellow capitalists can never result into any benefit for the masses that they have all wickedly trampled upon with glee.

4. What does Peter Obi offer or represent in present-day Nigeria other than ethnic and religious sentiments? Were those not the same factors that produced the error of the Buhari regime?

5. Are we not to rate aspirants in line with their track records? Or what exactly can we find for inspiration in Obi’s 8-year adventure in Anambra State?

6. Hajia Harira Jibril was gruesomely murdered in cold blood in Anambra State, yet the “peoples’ President” neither visited the family nor issue a single statement in condemnation.

7. Do we now hand over Nigeria to opportunists or inventors of commercial degrees?

8. Had the stained and leaking umbrella of the PDP shaded Obi, would he have ever emerged as the disgruntled representative of the disorganized “new movement”?

9. The Nigeria Labour Congress, promoters of Obi’s new-found Labour Party, has become a toothless entity, incapable of prosecuting any meaningful struggle since the advent of the APC administration, which has perfected the egregious style of persecuting or compromising all opposition strongholds.

10. The price for crass opportunism is a principled rejection of all its apostles and beneficiaries.

11. I cannot see the benefit for Nigeria in the Obi/Baba-Ahmed stillborn ticket, neither do I discern any marked difference between Atiku, Obi and Tinubu. In fact, a decamped or frustrated member of the oligarchy is worse than his masters.

*Ebun-Olu Adegboruwa is a Senior Advocate of Nigeria (SAN)

156 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Babatunde Gbadamosi Asks Followers To Buy Labour Party Governorship Form For Him by posty56: 6:57am On Jul 29, 2022
v
Re: Babatunde Gbadamosi Asks Followers To Buy Labour Party Governorship Form For Him by anonimi: 6:57am On Jul 29, 2022
Maxymilliano:
Lol ... BOG has said it all

You cannot rescue people who are not interested in being rescued.

The serial loser should rescue people in his LGA first to show his seriousness.
Jokers not allowed.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Babatunde Gbadamosi Asks Followers To Buy Labour Party Governorship Form For Him by Blackestjunior(m): 6:57am On Jul 29, 2022
ObiDIENT man

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Nigerians Blast Senator Shehu Sani Over His Controversial Tweet (Photo) / Senators Reject Pay Cut Recommendation / Claims Of 600 Abducted Katsina Students Untrue - Nigerian Police

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 41
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.