Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,337 members, 7,808,188 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 08:20 AM

Hijrah 1444AH: Ruling On Offering Congratulations At The Beginning Of The Year - Islam for Muslims - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Islam for Muslims / Hijrah 1444AH: Ruling On Offering Congratulations At The Beginning Of The Year (6935 Views)

When Will Ramadan 1444AH End? / Hijrah 1442AH: Ruling On Offering Congratulations At The Beginning Of The Year / Hijrah 1441AH: Ruling On Offering Congratulations At The Beginning Of The Year (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Hijrah 1444AH: Ruling On Offering Congratulations At The Beginning Of The Year by Lukgaf(m): 7:13am On Jul 29, 2022
By counting the NSCIA, today is the 30th day of DhulHijjah, 1443AH. Consequently, tomorrow is the first day of the 1444AH Islamic new calendar.

In this thread, we will discuss whether or not it is permissible to offer congratulations at the beginning of the new Islamic year calendar.

Shaykh Muhammad ibn Saalih al-‘Uthaymeen (may Allaah have mercy on him) was asked: What is the ruling on congratulating people on the occasion of the Hijri new year, and how should one reply to a person who offers congratulations?

He replied:

If someone offers you congratulations, then respond to him, but do not initiate such greetings. This is the correct view concerning this matter. So if a person says to you, for example, “Happy New Year”, then you can say, “May Allaah make it a good and blessed year for you.” But you should not initiate such a greeting, because I do not know of any report that the salaf [early generations of Islam] congratulated one another on the occasion of the new year, rather the salaf did not regard the first of Muharram as the first day of the new year until the caliphate of ‘Umar ibn al-Khattaab (may Allaah be pleased with him.

Shaykh ‘Abd al-Kareem al-Khudayr said concerning offering congratulations on the occasion of the hijri new year:

Praying for another Muslim in general terms, in phrases that are not meant as a kind of ritual on special occasions such as Eid, is acceptable, especially if what is meant by this greeting is friendship and to show a friendly face to one’s fellow Muslim. Imaam Ahmad (may Allaah have mercy on him) said: “I do not initiate the greeting but if someone greets me I return the greeting, because responding to the greeting is obligatory. But being the first to offer congratulations is neither Sunnah nor forbidden.

https://islamqa.info/en/21290

12 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Hijrah 1444AH: Ruling On Offering Congratulations At The Beginning Of The Year by AntiChristian: 11:24am On Jul 29, 2022
Alhamdulillah for the light of Islam.

I am content with Allah as my Lord, with Islam as my religion, and with Muhammad (SallaAllahu ‘alayhi wasallam) as my Prophet!

Keyword- No New year Greetings in Islam!

16 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Hijrah 1444AH: Ruling On Offering Congratulations At The Beginning Of The Year by Ojuntana: 12:31pm On Jul 29, 2022
What about Barka Da sallah? Is it allowed in Islam?

Yet a lot of Muslims do say it.

Anyway if Muslims are not to offer congratulatory greetings but are expected to respond to greetings, it means they are expecting such greetings from Non-Muslims. Same Non-Muslims it is haram to greet and congratulate during their festivities

What is hypocrisy again?

7 Likes

Re: Hijrah 1444AH: Ruling On Offering Congratulations At The Beginning Of The Year by usmanktg2(m): 12:52pm On Jul 29, 2022
Islam is very simple. You are just making it complex.

There is nothing wrong with wishing success to your loved ones in the year ahead.

4 Likes

Re: Hijrah 1444AH: Ruling On Offering Congratulations At The Beginning Of The Year by Positivist: 1:16pm On Jul 29, 2022
Ojuntana:
What about Barka Da sallah? Is it allowed in Islam?

Yet a lot of Muslims do say it.

Anyway if Muslims are not to offer congratulatory greetings but are expected to respond to greetings, it means they are expecting such greetings from Non-Muslims. Same Non-Muslims it is haram to greet and congratulate during their festivities

What is hypocrisy again?
What is being talked about here is in relation to the New Year. Not the two Eids. I hope that this gives some clarity.

2 Likes

Re: Hijrah 1444AH: Ruling On Offering Congratulations At The Beginning Of The Year by Ojuntana: 1:24pm On Jul 29, 2022
Positivist:
What is being talked about here is in relation to the New Year. Not the two Eids. I hope that this gives some clarity.

Is there any ruling on offering congratulations on the two Eids?

1 Like

Re: Hijrah 1444AH: Ruling On Offering Congratulations At The Beginning Of The Year by Gentlevip: 1:42pm On Jul 29, 2022
Happy Islamic blessed New year.

May Allah be pleased with us. Forgive our past, have mercy and bless us.

AM MUBARAK KAREEM

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Hijrah 1444AH: Ruling On Offering Congratulations At The Beginning Of The Year by IslamVIRGlNS: 1:45pm On Jul 29, 2022
Copy cat religion of pieces grin

6 Likes

Re: Hijrah 1444AH: Ruling On Offering Congratulations At The Beginning Of The Year by ANTllSLAAM: 1:56pm On Jul 29, 2022
You will soon introduce Father sallah, shey FG go give you public holiday sha for this your new year 1444 in 2022?

5 Likes

Re: Hijrah 1444AH: Ruling On Offering Congratulations At The Beginning Of The Year by Hassanmaye(m): 2:01pm On Jul 29, 2022
Lukgaf:
By counting the NSCIA, today is the 30th day of DhulHijjah, 1443AH. Consequently, tomorrow is the first day of the 1444AH Islamic new calendar.

In this thread, we will discuss whether or not it is permissible to offer congratulations at the beginning of the new Islamic year calendar.

Shaykh Muhammad ibn Saalih al-‘Uthaymeen (may Allaah have mercy on him) was asked: What is the ruling on congratulating people on the occasion of the Hijri new year, and how should one reply to a person who offers congratulations?

He replied:

If someone offers you congratulations, then respond to him, but do not initiate such greetings. This is the correct view concerning this matter. So if a person says to you, for example, “Happy New Year”, then you can say, “May Allaah make it a good and blessed year for you.” But you should not initiate such a greeting, because I do not know of any report that the salaf [early generations of Islam] congratulated one another on the occasion of the new year, rather the salaf did not regard the first of Muharram as the first day of the new year until the caliphate of ‘Umar ibn al-Khattaab (may Allaah be pleased with him.

Shaykh ‘Abd al-Kareem al-Khudayr said concerning offering congratulations on the occasion of the hijri new year:

Praying for another Muslim in general terms, in phrases that are not meant as a kind of ritual on special occasions such as Eid, is acceptable, especially if what is meant by this greeting is friendship and to show a friendly face to one’s fellow Muslim. Imaam Ahmad (may Allaah have mercy on him) said: “I do not initiate the greeting but if someone greets me I return the greeting, because responding to the greeting is obligatory. But being the first to offer congratulations is neither Sunnah nor forbidden.

https://islamqa.info/en/21290
Masha Allah

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Hijrah 1444AH: Ruling On Offering Congratulations At The Beginning Of The Year by tunde1200(m): 2:25pm On Jul 29, 2022
May almighty Allah accept our ibadah.
Alamdulilah I will witnessed another year on earth.
Re: Hijrah 1444AH: Ruling On Offering Congratulations At The Beginning Of The Year by Melodydoctor: 2:35pm On Jul 29, 2022
So today is New Year Eve grin
Please this is the Arabic culture, let us not soil this thread with Vawulence abeg.

3 Likes

Re: Hijrah 1444AH: Ruling On Offering Congratulations At The Beginning Of The Year by gloryman91: 2:38pm On Jul 29, 2022
Ma Sha Allah.

Barakallahu feekum.
Re: Hijrah 1444AH: Ruling On Offering Congratulations At The Beginning Of The Year by ThatFairGuy1: 3:19pm On Jul 29, 2022
Yes.

For the two Eid, we were asked to congratulate, pray and rejoice within the limit of Islam amongst ourselves.
Ojuntana:

Is there any ruling on offering congratulations on the two Eids?
Re: Hijrah 1444AH: Ruling On Offering Congratulations At The Beginning Of The Year by Lanre1st(m): 7:53pm On Jul 29, 2022
Alhamdulilai, may we witness more of it in our lifetime

(1) (Reply)

Ruling On Celebrating The Birthday Of The Prophet / Criteria Of The Right Role Model In The Light Of Islam / Maliki Yawmi Alddeeni - 3rd Ayah Of The Quran

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 26
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.