Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,899 members, 7,802,905 topics. Date: Saturday, 20 April 2024 at 02:51 AM

Zambia Ballot Paper Vs Nigeria Ballot Paper (Pictures) - Politics (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Zambia Ballot Paper Vs Nigeria Ballot Paper (Pictures) (72100 Views)

See How Aisha Buhari Smiled While Putting Ballot Paper Into The Presidential Box / Drama As Bauchi Women Kiss Ballot Paper, Shout ‘sai Baba’ Before Casting Vote / Ekiti Ballot Snatching: What Fayose Told PDP Agents To Do (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Zambia Ballot Paper Vs Nigeria Ballot Paper (Pictures) by PARADIZEPRIEST: 10:25am On Jul 29, 2022
70% OF NIGERIA VOTERS DONT EVEN KNOW THEI VICE PRESIDENT NAME.BALLOT WITH PIX RUIN ATIKU AND TINUBU AMBITION because MISTAKEN FACES WILL GET HIGHEST VOTES.
Re: Zambia Ballot Paper Vs Nigeria Ballot Paper (Pictures) by Gbeng30(m): 10:26am On Jul 29, 2022
This is nice, I think the picture of the candidate should reflect on the ballot paper
Re: Zambia Ballot Paper Vs Nigeria Ballot Paper (Pictures) by Temptee101(m): 10:27am On Jul 29, 2022
SmartPolician:
I don't think the Zambian version can work in Nigeria because of cost of producing such ballot papers and lots of legal cases engulfing parties in Nigeria.

Update

I am tired of these senseless mentions.

Zambia has a little over 8 million voters while Nigeria has about 100 million voters.

Adding any other feature to the existing features in the ballot papers as INEC initially planned will require more ink to print them.

INEC may ask for more money before they are included because it wasn't in their initial budget.

Nothing is impossible

This approach should be adopted in Nigeria esp for presidential election.

Nigeria is always backward in everything

No excuses!
Re: Zambia Ballot Paper Vs Nigeria Ballot Paper (Pictures) by Joezik(m): 10:30am On Jul 29, 2022
Benblaq:
Which is more usable and convenient?

When there are useless parties that won't get one vote...

It's time inec fix a parameter for a party to be recognised
Re: Zambia Ballot Paper Vs Nigeria Ballot Paper (Pictures) by mema900: 10:33am On Jul 29, 2022
SmartPolician:
I don't think the Zambian version can work in Nigeria because of cost of producing such ballot papers and lots of legal cases engulfing parties in Nigeria.

Update

Zambia has a little over 8 million voters while Nigeria has about 100 million voters.

Adding any other feature to the existing features in the ballot papers as INEC initially planned will require more ink to print them.

INEC may ask for more money before they are included because it wasn't in their initial budget.

How can you make senseless statement and not expect senseless mentions
Re: Zambia Ballot Paper Vs Nigeria Ballot Paper (Pictures) by einsteine(m): 10:33am On Jul 29, 2022
Totilopussylick:

A whole Zambia currency is higher than Nigeria currency tongue

Nigeria's currency is higher than that of South Korea, a country that has Samsung, Hyundai and LG.

The nominal value of the currency is irrelevant in economic analysis.

No wonder Buhari was able to deceive you people.

2 Likes

Re: Zambia Ballot Paper Vs Nigeria Ballot Paper (Pictures) by einsteine(m): 10:35am On Jul 29, 2022
mayo47:

Nigeria does not have 100m voters. 2019 elections had a total of 82m voters while only 27m votes were counted. Even with an additional new voters of 11m in 2022 to the voters. 100m wont come out to vote in 2023. Max will be around 50-60m in 2023

So are you saying they should print less than the registered voters? That is grounds for cancellation of the elections.

Ballot must match registered voters. Whether they come or not is irrelevant.
Re: Zambia Ballot Paper Vs Nigeria Ballot Paper (Pictures) by Jemex003: 10:37am On Jul 29, 2022
GoooodHardDick:
INEC should reduced the number of political parties to just 2, which is labour party and PDP only, others are wasting their time.

However, Tinubu urchins know that PETER OBI is your next President

You can relocate to Iraq after the election.

We only want Party that has history like Governor’s, Senator’s, House of Representatives and Assembly! In that ballot paper!!

If you like go Iraq as you say, you like go Oman or Haiti las las Tinubu is the next President of Nigeria!!! If you cannot accept your boss you can never be a Boss.

You’re fighting Tinubu front and back�

You’re afraid of fighting Atiku right? Cuz you once fought for him then but he lu le�

You’re not afraid of Kwankwaso abi cuz he’s followers not ranting online like you do huh �

Anyway it’s not only you and me will deceive the president and I don’t need to disclose my vote to anyone but trust me the result will shock you

Northerners and Westerners go nowhere cuz Nigeria belong to us and we’ve nowhere to go.

Easterners have place to go probably Biafra of slowpoke Republic.

I am Yoruba man and I love every tribe in Nigeria, I voted GEJ and I worked a lot for him but trust me I don’t regret it cuz Ibro’s with black skin get sense pass those fake skins.

I like Atiku cuz I want to grow older and be rich like him!

I like Obi cuz I see as a quiet and humble man not like he’s Covid virus followers!!

I like Kwankwaso cuz of he’s courage!!!

I like TINUBU cuz I’ve met him one and one before and as a Yoruba man while I’ve voted GEJ and Buhari during their time.

Please this is not the right time to fight let’s focus to help this country believe your vision is different from mine even though no one is trusted among all of them. Please let vote quietly and stop bully.

Fighting and bully can cause big damage after the election. Let’s focus with our life and focus to your candidate. Fighting a need bully will not help you in anyway.

If anyone like fight me and bully me from now till tomorrow I will still Vote my people cuz it’s our time and Awa Lo Kan Ooo.

Tinubu represent Awa Lo Kan
Re: Zambia Ballot Paper Vs Nigeria Ballot Paper (Pictures) by einsteine(m): 10:39am On Jul 29, 2022
The reason for not printing pictures on the Nigerian ballot is simple.

In the Nigerian electoral law, you vote for a party not a candidate. That is why Rotimi Amaechi could be the governor despite Celestine Omehia being the candidate at the time of the elections in 2007. Same with Yahaya Bello.

What happens if you put someone's picture and another person is later declared by the court as the valid candidate of the party? That's why it's laughable when people make puerile statements like we are voting for personalities not parties.

1 Like

Re: Zambia Ballot Paper Vs Nigeria Ballot Paper (Pictures) by einsteine(m): 10:40am On Jul 29, 2022
Iceberg3:

Bro I'm so short of words.... shocked cool

Nigeria's currency is higher than that of South Korea, a country that has Samsung, Hyundai and LG.

The nominal value of the currency is irrelevant in economic analysis
Re: Zambia Ballot Paper Vs Nigeria Ballot Paper (Pictures) by IgOga(m): 10:41am On Jul 29, 2022
In Nigeria you vote for parties...if a party wins even if the candidate dies before inauguration the party will change the candidate......

If LP does not begin voter education they will be surprised by how many voters cannot read or write in Nigeria......APC is Broom PDP is umbrella...I am sure these symbols were chosen for easy identification....some were even looking for Labour party in Osun but only LP appeared on the ballot and there is another one ZLP.....quite confusing for some of them.......Nigeria is not Zambia
Re: Zambia Ballot Paper Vs Nigeria Ballot Paper (Pictures) by jaxxy(m): 10:43am On Jul 29, 2022
SmartPolician:

Update

We have too many political parties on the ballot so it already looks cumbersome and even confusing. I don't know if adding pictures will help bt the design needs to be less cumbersome and more vivid.
Re: Zambia Ballot Paper Vs Nigeria Ballot Paper (Pictures) by DKM123: 10:47am On Jul 29, 2022
This our own is RUBBISH. Why can't they add the picture. It is usually hard to search for party logos. What happened to the picture of the contestants?
Re: Zambia Ballot Paper Vs Nigeria Ballot Paper (Pictures) by godofuck231: 10:50am On Jul 29, 2022
Mumu , una no know say nigerian sheet na company names de there , its not politics ,its simply business
Re: Zambia Ballot Paper Vs Nigeria Ballot Paper (Pictures) by Newton2024: 10:59am On Jul 29, 2022
SmartPolician:

Update

It can't work in Nigeria because it won't favour your lord Tinubu. Shame on you.

Re: Zambia Ballot Paper Vs Nigeria Ballot Paper (Pictures) by porka: 11:01am On Jul 29, 2022
Nigerian election planners and politicians are not that diligent. And they have mixed that with fraudulent tendencies.

Don't be surprised to see pictures of candidates mixed up with other parties logo because someone was not painstaking enough. And don't be surprised to see that as a tactic on the whiteboard in political 'strategy' sessions/meetings.
Re: Zambia Ballot Paper Vs Nigeria Ballot Paper (Pictures) by PHIPEX(m): 11:02am On Jul 29, 2022
Nigeria is structured to make things difficult for an average Nigerian. Watch INEC come up with a responds that will make you wonder if we are living in 1920.
Re: Zambia Ballot Paper Vs Nigeria Ballot Paper (Pictures) by OGHENAOGIE(m): 11:05am On Jul 29, 2022
Stargangz:
Never you compare a sane country with Nigeria.
some of are plainly ignorant... That's why many of think everyone should support Obi... Incase you don't know the electoral law in Nigeria doesn't recognize candidate but Party as such it's party who own the votes... Likes won't change it... It's legislative house that ll do that

2 Likes

Re: Zambia Ballot Paper Vs Nigeria Ballot Paper (Pictures) by Lamasta(m): 11:06am On Jul 29, 2022
The no of irrelevant political parties should be trimmed down so that we can have few political parties with the image and logo of the contestants so as to reduce cost of printing ballot papers
Re: Zambia Ballot Paper Vs Nigeria Ballot Paper (Pictures) by ElijahOnyeka: 11:10am On Jul 29, 2022
Guy, I run a printing company and I can tell you for a fact, that it won't cost the printer more than he bargained to do that addition. Of the budget to print the ballot paper was originally #100m, it won't cost more than an extra #1m to do that correction. It's not about cost here buh the "will" to do so.
SmartPolician:

Update

Re: Zambia Ballot Paper Vs Nigeria Ballot Paper (Pictures) by mfm04622: 11:15am On Jul 29, 2022
Benblaq:
Which is more usable and convenient?

So you don't see the number of parties in Nigeria as a factor for the design of ballot papers?
Is Nigerian ballot paper were designed like that of Zambia, how long do you think it will be?
Re: Zambia Ballot Paper Vs Nigeria Ballot Paper (Pictures) by mfm04622: 11:18am On Jul 29, 2022
ElijahOnyeka:
Guy, I run a printing company and I can tell you for a fact, that it won't cost the printer more than he bargained to do that addition. Of the budget to print the ballot paper was originally #100m, it won't cost more than an extra #1m to do that correction. It's not about cost here buh the "will" to do so.

It won't?
The size of the paper will remain the same? Paper is free? The cost of printing PICTURES of candidates to the ballot paper will be negligible?
How long do you think the ballot paper will now be? How easy to handle by voters and INEC officials?
Lol!!!!!
Re: Zambia Ballot Paper Vs Nigeria Ballot Paper (Pictures) by Ournolly: 11:21am On Jul 29, 2022
Passionnn:
Our ballot papers used to be like that of the Zambian.
What INEC is doing is to be on the safe side. So it includes the names of all the registered political parties on the ballot so that no one will sue it later of not being included.
Makes sense.
Re: Zambia Ballot Paper Vs Nigeria Ballot Paper (Pictures) by KushLyon(m): 11:23am On Jul 29, 2022
2sexycom:
the guy is purely evil. See the weak and silly excuse he is bringing up for something that will be beneficial to the progress of this country.

I just tire. Imagine saying that the cost of production will be too high as if INEC is one small community project that gets its budget from the donations of poor farmers and fishermen

1 Like

Re: Zambia Ballot Paper Vs Nigeria Ballot Paper (Pictures) by xjiggy: 11:35am On Jul 29, 2022
Wonder why people are castigating INEC. With over 70 political parties, if INEC print it like the Zambians, what we'll have is a voters booklet not a sheet.
Re: Zambia Ballot Paper Vs Nigeria Ballot Paper (Pictures) by ICEWIN: 11:37am On Jul 29, 2022
SmartPolician:

Update

cost of production u said
Are u reasoning at all??
accountant general waybill 80 billion. Is enough to print that ballot paper.
This year alone about 200B+ have been discovered from corrupt politician talkless more of last year.
please stop defending Nigeria government.
Re: Zambia Ballot Paper Vs Nigeria Ballot Paper (Pictures) by preshyusufu: 11:42am On Jul 29, 2022
Let INEC consider including the candidate's picture na. Hope INEC no go bi anti-masses sha
Re: Zambia Ballot Paper Vs Nigeria Ballot Paper (Pictures) by lereinter(m): 11:43am On Jul 29, 2022
Stargangz:
Never you compare a sane country with Nigeria.

How's Zambia a sane country?

1 Like

Re: Zambia Ballot Paper Vs Nigeria Ballot Paper (Pictures) by lereinter(m): 11:44am On Jul 29, 2022
Both are the same

Paper is paper

What inec has done with BVAS is commendable
Re: Zambia Ballot Paper Vs Nigeria Ballot Paper (Pictures) by KushLyon(m): 11:51am On Jul 29, 2022
mfm04622:

It won't?
The size of the paper will remain the same? Paper is free? The cost of printing PICTURES of candidates to the ballot paper will be negligible?
How long do you think the ballot paper will now be? How easy to handle by voters and INEC officials?
Lol!!!!!

Forget that thing, the pictures can be put side by side with the party logo. The box where the logo is right now can accommodate the picture as well, even if it means the logo will be reduced and placed on top of the picture. It's doable and won't affect the length of the ballot paper
Re: Zambia Ballot Paper Vs Nigeria Ballot Paper (Pictures) by Altruisticboy: 11:55am On Jul 29, 2022
Mstick:
APC wouldn't like this, they know that their candidate face will make even the pro APC voter not vote for him, imagine seeing this two faces on a ballot, who will you vote for?

But will vote a criminal and scammer face below?

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Fayose: Ekiti Election Is A National Embarrassment, There Is Danger Ahead / President Buhari's Interview On Arise TV (Updates) / Ebele Obiano: I Went To Greet Bianca Ojukwu & She Slapped Me

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 55
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.