Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,752 members, 7,802,303 topics. Date: Friday, 19 April 2024 at 12:11 PM

Your Smartphone Is Spying On You - Phones - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / Your Smartphone Is Spying On You (1524 Views)

Facebook Is Spying On Users (picture) / How To Prevent Xiaomi From Spying On You And Stealing Your Data / Ways Your Smartphone Is Violating Your Privacy (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Your Smartphone Is Spying On You by SpeedyPuff: 8:52am On Jul 29, 2022
I know what you're thinking, cookies from websites I visited are following me around. But trust me, that's not the case. I didn't do any online search, whether on Google or socials.

My first vivid experience was a few weeks ago. I was talking about getting a new laptop. Only talk o. I didn't use Google search to research laptops, neither did I visit any website or social media handle for computers and gadgets. Next thing I see on IG are adverts from laptop vendors starting with HP. But I didn't get mad.

Then just yesterday, I was arguing with my brother about ergonomic chairs, saying I can't continue using the chairs in the house cos they cause back pain while ergonomic chairs help to reduce it. I was like "make money come make I go buy office chair". That's where the office chair matter died o.

Then I woke up this morning to see office chair ads on my IG. Wallahi I haven't searched for this thing online before (I even checked my browsing history, no result.)

This shit is scary. The only explanation for this is that my phone (the mouthpiece especially) is spying on me. Has anyone had a similar experience before?

9 Likes

Re: Your Smartphone Is Spying On You by SpeedyPuff: 8:54am On Jul 29, 2022
Seun, lalast.iclala, myn.d44
Re: Your Smartphone Is Spying On You by GardenGreen: 9:00am On Jul 29, 2022
My password is a product. Since the day I reset the password to that product, all sort of ads about that product started to flood my life.

5 Likes

Re: Your Smartphone Is Spying On You by Nobody: 9:10am On Jul 29, 2022
Google Is your best friend. Even the front Camera of your Device Is not left out..

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: Your Smartphone Is Spying On You by Specialvoice: 9:14am On Jul 29, 2022
It's true ooo... But have thought about playing this hit

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JlfwPpJY6P8
Re: Your Smartphone Is Spying On You by MMempire(m): 10:44am On Jul 29, 2022
Read below.
Re: Your Smartphone Is Spying On You by MMempire(m): 10:55am On Jul 29, 2022
Use to have a picture of Mark Zuckerberg in one of his office with the mic and Webcam of his computer both shut off with tapes. They know very well that they mine people's data all over the world. Smart TV is not left out from their mining tools. Google map street images will leave you astonished on how they gather close images of people and houses without even those in the view knowing they are being captured. The angles you get if you tilt the images very well will make you know this are not satellite images, but drone like images. They are policing the world with technology, but God pass Dem!

13 Likes

Re: Your Smartphone Is Spying On You by somenody: 12:43pm On Jul 29, 2022
so the werey knows I'm broke but refuses to do anything about it. ok na

11 Likes

Re: Your Smartphone Is Spying On You by blaquebelle: 3:54pm On Jul 29, 2022
But I've been saying aloud that I need money. My phone had better help me find a solution oo angry
Re: Your Smartphone Is Spying On You by Patrioticbreed9(m): 5:44pm On Jul 29, 2022
I priced a blackmagic 4k at that mega plaza after banex after i bought my phone and set it up their.

When i got home i opened my chrome the first ads was some cheap drones from jumia and konga.

The second day was ads about laptops.

I made a call with the guy i bought my phone from if he can consider my bargain regarding the cam..

Omo the next morning on my chrome the ads that welcomed was camera placement from jiji, i started sliding through and i found a blackmagic 2.5k placement.. I was shocked sha.
I suspected my sim card though cause that was the only old component on my phone and i searched all those things in my former phone.

Could this shit be real?
Re: Your Smartphone Is Spying On You by Oesophagus99(m): 6:16pm On Jul 29, 2022
I've got two smartphones with my email logged in each..

I searched certain stuffs on one phone and to my surprise the second phone was suggesting the same result of my last searches supposed to be on other phone
Re: Your Smartphone Is Spying On You by falcon01: 7:10pm On Jul 29, 2022
Start Talking about buying a new fan, you'll see Fan ads
Re: Your Smartphone Is Spying On You by shugaplum(f): 7:45pm On Jul 29, 2022
Very true
Re: Your Smartphone Is Spying On You by Nobody: 8:39pm On Jul 29, 2022
It's targeted advert. That's what it does.
Re: Your Smartphone Is Spying On You by Holybaddo: 12:49am On Jul 30, 2022
I have always have this question in mind facebook is bring ads of stuff I did in other app
Re: Your Smartphone Is Spying On You by RedPiller(m): 12:54am On Jul 30, 2022
This guys now know where I have been.

They know where I went last january

They are monitoring all my movements and chats.

Google photos have all my photos

Gmail knows my acct balance through bank alert

Maps know Where I went

Playstore knows what I downloaded and deleted

They know who you called

Hey, they even know when you fall asleep and when you wake up shocked shocked shocked
Re: Your Smartphone Is Spying On You by Bankowner: 2:52am On Jul 30, 2022
Have you guys thought of "Okay Google" or "Hey, Siri"?

You use your voice to set alarms, reminders, ask about the weather, etc. This should tell you your phone can hear you speak and is able to pick random words and sentences even when you're not speaking directly to it. The reason you see ads of things you talked about at a point in time.

Many a time i'll be having a discussion and my phone will respond to my voice on something I said even though it isn't close to me.

3 Likes

Re: Your Smartphone Is Spying On You by Zonefree(m): 8:06am On Jul 30, 2022
Was telling a friend yesterday morning that I need to get a sweater cos of the weather, only for me to login my Facebook and started seeing sweater from online vendors.

2 Likes

Re: Your Smartphone Is Spying On You by Buzx: 6:04pm On Jul 30, 2022
MMempire:
Use to have a picture of Mark Zuckerberg in one of his office with the mic and Webcam of his computer both shut off with tapes. They know very well that they mine people's data all over the world. Smart TV is not left out from their mining tools. Google map street images will leave you astonished on how they gather close images of people and houses without even those in the view knowing they are being captured. The angles you get if you tilt the images very well will make you know this are not satellite images, but drone like images. They are policing the world with technology, but God pass Dem!

Google maps Street View are captured by a 3D camera mounted on a vehicle that drives across a particular city.

3 Likes

Re: Your Smartphone Is Spying On You by MMempire(m): 9:57pm On Jul 30, 2022
Buzx:

Google maps Street View are captured by a 3D camera mounted on a vehicle that drives across a particular city.
Thanks for the info.

1 Like

Re: Your Smartphone Is Spying On You by Inali: 12:05pm On Jul 31, 2022
One thing we don't know is that we grant permission to apps for voice recorder
Re: Your Smartphone Is Spying On You by 1Alex: 2:41pm On Jul 31, 2022
SpeedyPuff:
I know what you're thinking, cookies from websites I visited are following me around. But trust me, that's not the case. I didn't do any online search, whether on Google or socials.

My first vivid experience was a few weeks ago. I was talking about getting a new laptop. Only talk o. I didn't use Google search to research laptops, neither did I visit any website or social media handle for computers and gadgets. Next thing I see on IG are adverts from laptop vendors starting with HP. But I didn't get mad.

Then just yesterday, I was arguing with my brother about ergonomic chairs, saying I can't continue using the chairs in the house cos they cause back pain while ergonomic chairs help to reduce it. I was like "make money come make I go buy office chair". That's where the office chair matter died o.

Then I woke up this morning to see office chair ads on my IG. Wallahi I haven't searched for this thing online before (I even checked my browsing history, no result.)

This shit is scary. The only explanation for this is that my phone (the mouthpiece especially) is spying on me. Has anyone had a similar experience before?
Android 12 will always alert you when your microphone or camera is being used by any app. Upgrade to Android 12 and have peace of mind.
Re: Your Smartphone Is Spying On You by ToyBoyAaron(m): 10:47am On Aug 01, 2022
This meme matches the topic

2 Likes

(1) (Reply)

Buy Ur Cheapest Phone Ever From A Bulk Shop In Onitcha / ***** Nokia N82 Zone ***** / Another Mtn 1daful Promo

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 42
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.