Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,147,987 members, 7,799,384 topics. Date: Tuesday, 16 April 2024 at 08:07 PM

ASUU members, How Do You Cope Without Salary? - Education (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / ASUU members, How Do You Cope Without Salary? (25813 Views)

FG v ASUU: Members who joined the strike Not Entitled To Salaries, Court Rules / Emeka Nwajiuba: Striking ASUU Members Shouldn’t Be Paid – Education Minister / IPPIS: No January Salary For Unregistered ASUU Members (photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: ASUU members, How Do You Cope Without Salary? by iswallker(m): 10:00am On Jul 30, 2022
sinkhole:
The Federal Colleges of Education are currently on strike and they are still getting their salaries sad
ASUU, NAAT, SSANU and NASU, all went on strike in the Federal Universities, only the salaries of ASUU and NAAT were stopped! Why?

Stop spreading fake news..

No federal university staff is being paid

11 Likes

Re: ASUU members, How Do You Cope Without Salary? by mimic1190: 10:02am On Jul 30, 2022
wink

1 Like

Re: ASUU members, How Do You Cope Without Salary? by Healthquest: 10:02am On Jul 30, 2022
ASUU is holding Nigeria to ransome since time immemorial, they've been disrupting education.

If I'm the next president, I'll be in charge of whi becomes what in the ASUU and that'll put nail to their coffin.

While they're increment of salaries are genuine, the rate at which they go on strike without looking bak is enormous and with no remorse.

They must have 3 to 7 jobs that's why nothing worries them once they r going on strike, its time to face there second job fully. This is what de do

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: ASUU members, How Do You Cope Without Salary? by Elidrisy20: 10:02am On Jul 30, 2022
They survive by begging

1 Like

Re: ASUU members, How Do You Cope Without Salary? by NigerianAngelo(m): 10:03am On Jul 30, 2022
Ugmama:
It has been very difficult and no one can even access loan due to salary stoppage.

Those of us with loans can't even pay our monthly repayments again.

God help us

Then stop the strike. Why should you be paid for no work? That is why you can go on strike every two years. May God forbid any salaries.

***Modified:***
Make them pay una salaries. Afterall N114k for entry level is itself a cheat. Choiiii.

Peter Obi or Me for President.

9 Likes 1 Share

Re: ASUU members, How Do You Cope Without Salary? by NigerianAngelo(m): 10:04am On Jul 30, 2022
mimic1190:
wink

Oyinbo modern plaza WHERE?? which Local Government?

After you will say customer no come.
Re: ASUU members, How Do You Cope Without Salary? by Gentlerespect76: 10:05am On Jul 30, 2022
sinkhole:
The Federal Colleges of Education are currently on strike and they are still getting their salaries sad
ASUU, NAAT, SSANU and NASU, all went on strike in the Federal Universities, only the salaries of ASUU and NAAT were stopped! Why?

Obviously you are not a university staff.

4 Likes

Re: ASUU members, How Do You Cope Without Salary? by beardedboy(m): 10:05am On Jul 30, 2022
The interesting part is that these ASUU folks can't take a tenth of what they're doing to FG.

They rule with impunity and dictatorship over students on campus.

Small misunderstanding, they have proscribed student union and sent students home for months.

Especially that OAU. They are always victimising student leaders. They are always quick to serve indefinite suspension to student union leaders.

ASUU is the devil. Although, FG isn't a saint.
Many of their followers don't support their recklessness but they dare not speak.

FG should use the western divide and conquer strategy on ASUU. I'm sure many ASUU 'members' are fed up with ASUU and will gladly leave if their job isn't at stake.

12 Likes 1 Share

Re: ASUU members, How Do You Cope Without Salary? by juanmiguel: 10:06am On Jul 30, 2022
sinkhole:
SSANU and NASU have not been paid since May

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: ASUU members, How Do You Cope Without Salary? by omowumi9: 10:06am On Jul 30, 2022
Don't infect public with your filthy lies. All the University based unions are on strike and none has been paid. Get your facts right.

sinkhole:

4 Likes 2 Shares

Re: ASUU members, How Do You Cope Without Salary? by UncleSnr(m): 10:07am On Jul 30, 2022
Wow! I thought Children of Buhari said the government is still paying them.
These urchins lie shamelessly.

2 Likes

Re: ASUU members, How Do You Cope Without Salary? by Franklyspeakin: 10:08am On Jul 30, 2022
What's keeping me going is that in 2023, I will be an adhoc inec member (collation officer). APC go hear ween.

2 Likes

Re: ASUU members, How Do You Cope Without Salary? by Cmanforall: 10:09am On Jul 30, 2022
Abojupupa:
It has been 5 months since govt stopped paying salary to ASUU. How do members cope without salary for all these months?
They have side hustles e.g. stores, Lecture in private Universities, transport business etc.

Moreover, some States keep paying them their normal salaries even with the current strike action
Re: ASUU members, How Do You Cope Without Salary? by Secondly: 10:10am On Jul 30, 2022
Abojupupa:
It has been 5 months since govt stopped paying salary to ASUU. How do members cope without salary for all these months?

ASUU members were paid a lot of money, I think, at the beginning of this year or late December last year as part of their Earned Academic Allowance.

So, I believe they are coping just fine.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: ASUU members, How Do You Cope Without Salary? by kcdendelo: 10:10am On Jul 30, 2022
Frustrating... Its really bad for us now

1 Like

Re: ASUU members, How Do You Cope Without Salary? by anonimi: 10:11am On Jul 30, 2022
DukeofUmueri247:
APC is a calamity

So why is Thiefnuibu promising to continue Bubu's failure legacy of calamity

LieDetector:
President Muhammadu Buhari has urged Nigerians to ensure continuity of his regime by voting for the All Progressives Congress (APC) in the 2023 presidential election.

“The forthcoming general elections will provide us with the opportunity to convince the electorate of the need for continuity to enable our party to consolidate on our achievements in the last 7 years,” Mr Buhari said.

The president, according to a statement by his spokesperson Femi Adesina on Friday, disclosed this while receiving a delegation from Nasarawa State.
“The Government and people of Nasarawa State, as usual, have a great role to play in returning our party to governance in the 2023 elections, in order to create a path for greater socio-economic growth and development.

“This is not only important for Nigeria alone but also for the West African Sub-Region,” the president was further quoted as saying.

Mr Buhari assumed office in 2015, promising to tackle corruption, fight insecurity and pursue economic prosperity for every Nigerian.

https://gazettengr.com/nigerians-should-vote-tinubu-for-continuity-of-my-regime-buhari/?utm_source=ReviveOldPost&utm_medium=social&utm_campaign=ReviveOldPost

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: ASUU members, How Do You Cope Without Salary? by phineas: 10:13am On Jul 30, 2022
A strike that has been promised to last 2 year's is no longer a strike.Its something else.It means ASUU will not get its desired results through a strike but is prepared to sabotage young lives for its desired results

ASUU needs to look at alternative sources or ways to raise the funds it needs and push for That in a way that does not mortgage the life of those it exists to serve.( students)

ASUU and Dr strikes over the years in Nigeria has been pointless.What do their colleagues abroad do to raise funds?

1.increase the quality of education to attract foreign students and bill them appropriately

2.Apply for grants and get the overheads.Nigeria is filled with foreign universities running one project or the other to support Nigerian Goverment on various endeavours and collecting multimillion dollar grants to execute. Not one single Nigerian university in sight.Is is that the ones IN naija dont have brains?

3.ASUU asks for respect but treat its students like trash.Have you not heard that it is your c students that will give the school endowments? What happened to fund raisers and the search for endowments? It doesn't matter in Nigeria because Government must provide all the funds. Hope you all know that the bulk of IVY league funding is not from their fees but from endowments

4.In summary ASUU should find alternatives but seems to have no sense ,and they are evil for not having devised alternatives to the strike. They definately dont deserve to get paid for striking.

3 Likes 3 Shares

Re: ASUU members, How Do You Cope Without Salary? by whitebeard(m): 10:13am On Jul 30, 2022
Realist12:
ASUU should consider the students, are they the only union in the country. In reality all of us knows this lecturers have other gigs dey run asides that they also teach in foreign countries and private universities, I guess that's why they always quick to take their yearly leave all in the name of strike.
The funny thing is we keep letting ASUU get away with this their strike that has become a culture. Its getting boring, We have to put an end to it honestly.
I can smell how weak u are from ur statement..in sane society People like u would be eaten.

1 Like

Re: ASUU members, How Do You Cope Without Salary? by VTJN(m): 10:13am On Jul 30, 2022
Franklyspeakin:
What's keeping me going is that in 2023, I will be an adhoc inec member (collation officer). APC go hear ween.
Please i wish to be part of INEC adhoc staff in the coming election. How is that possible?
Re: ASUU members, How Do You Cope Without Salary? by babavik: 10:15am On Jul 30, 2022
sinkhole:
No staff of any federal university is been paid both ASUU, SSANU &NASU
Re: ASUU members, How Do You Cope Without Salary? by whitebeard(m): 10:15am On Jul 30, 2022
ASUU should continue this strike, their demands profit both students and teachers. Don't let these generation of baby boomers who had things easy during their time and went on to ruin everything discourage you..Fight on..!

1 Like

Re: ASUU members, How Do You Cope Without Salary? by Neddyogu(m): 10:15am On Jul 30, 2022
sinkhole:

Not true! SSANU and NASU members have not received any salary since May.
Re: ASUU members, How Do You Cope Without Salary? by Fadafada231(m): 10:16am On Jul 30, 2022
The kind of bribe and monetary enticement that some lecturers go demand to admit student into University after this strike go shock devil
Re: ASUU members, How Do You Cope Without Salary? by na2016: 10:16am On Jul 30, 2022
Queensee:

Why should they get paid when they are not working?

The only reason why they have not tried to bend and end the strike is because they know they will still pay at the very end.

At the end of the day, it's the students that will lose. Most people will exceed the age limit of 30, and may not qualify to go and serve because of ASUU strike.

Keep shut, if your father or you are an ASUU member, you would have known that the salary a typical Nigerian lecturer earns and the expectations from him are miles apart.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: ASUU members, How Do You Cope Without Salary? by yellowgarri2(m): 10:17am On Jul 30, 2022
sinkhole:
what of NASUU? Are they paid?
Re: ASUU members, How Do You Cope Without Salary? by babavik: 10:18am On Jul 30, 2022
Samanza89:
You won't believe that I met two lecturers at different instances riding tricycle(Keke) just to sustain their families. This government is sickening.

During elections some of these lecturers and professors are they ones that will enable election rigging. They should also have a bite of what they gave us.
I even saw a Prof. hawking gala and coke, another was hawking agbado and tapioca.
Re: ASUU members, How Do You Cope Without Salary? by DukeofUmueri247: 10:19am On Jul 30, 2022
anonimi:

So why is Thiefnuibu promising to continue Bubu's failure legacy of calamity

They are both high on drugs....It would have been better had APC presented Prof Yemi as their candidate but the aroma of dollars deceived the hungry delegates and they voted for a sick man...I do wonder what will be the campaign promises of Asiwaju because the worst he will do is to tell Nigerians that the Buhari regime did well and if he criticize the govt of Buhari,that will also mean doom for him...
Sincerely,all what was used to campaign against GEJ is now happening and even worst

4 Likes

Re: ASUU members, How Do You Cope Without Salary? by Altruisticboy: 10:19am On Jul 30, 2022
IT'S SO UNFORTUNATE THAT NIGERIANS ARE SHALLOW MINDED.
THESE SAME LECTURES SINGLE HANDEDLY DESTROYED NIGERIANS. SO MANY OF THESE YAHOO BOYS AND MONEY RITUALISTS ARE GRADUATES WHO HAS BEEN ACADEMICALLY DESTROYED. THESE LECTURES DESTROY STUDENST LIKE THEY DESTROY GARBAGES. IN UNILORIN WHERE I GRADUATED FROM, A COURSE MATE OF MINE WAS TOLD BY HIS LECTURER "ME I DIDN'T ACHIEVE FIRST CLASS AND YOU WANT TO ACHIEVE FIRST CLASS? NEVER". THE STUDENT WAS CALLED "THERAJA". MANY PEOPLE CAN BEAR WITNESS..Some boys had 3rd class in their 1st degree, went abroad for masters and ALL 5 of them had 1st class in Malaysia, UK, etc. One of them is now a lecturer in that same unilorin. A student's result was declared missing by 7lecturers. We all knew he was victimized.they rape female students and give them results. A boy was dismissed for poor results, he went to Ukréìn and bagged 1st class in 1st degree and masters.

I don't pity any ASUU nor LECTURER.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: ASUU members, How Do You Cope Without Salary? by omowumi9: 10:19am On Jul 30, 2022
You are obviously not in tune with happenings in the University environment. Let me help you, find out why Federal Universities are on strike.

NigerianAngelo:

Then stop the strike. Why should you be paid for no work? That is why you can go on strike every two years. May God forbid any salaries.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

Pls Can Someone Tell Me The Meaning Mtcheeeeww?? / Covenant University Conducts Home-Based Post UTME For The First Time / Federal University Of Technology Akure Students Chat Room

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 45
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.