Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,147,769 members, 7,798,575 topics. Date: Tuesday, 16 April 2024 at 06:05 AM

ASUU members, How Do You Cope Without Salary? - Education (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / ASUU members, How Do You Cope Without Salary? (25811 Views)

FG v ASUU: Members who joined the strike Not Entitled To Salaries, Court Rules / Emeka Nwajiuba: Striking ASUU Members Shouldn’t Be Paid – Education Minister / IPPIS: No January Salary For Unregistered ASUU Members (photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: ASUU members, How Do You Cope Without Salary? by Auskyd(m): 12:19pm On Jul 30, 2022
Yampotatocarrot:

Exactly. If government continue paying them for months not worked, the typical Nigerian spirit will come up. You'll discover ASUU will start going on strike for very flimsy reasons, since they'll still be paid.

To me, let government just close eyes and pay the accrued allowances that's the object of the current election, but ensure they don't pay them for the months they didn't work.

Then, whatever reply ASUU gives to this will show it they truly wish for the best for Nigerian education, or just a group of greedy individuals

If there was a word to quality abject stupidity, I'd use it on you, but unfortunately I can't find one.

How did you go to school? So they told you it's allonwances alone that's the issue? And you really think not paying arrears will make ASUU look wicked?

You deserve a president like Buhari cos you foolish like am
Re: ASUU members, How Do You Cope Without Salary? by Nobody: 12:19pm On Jul 30, 2022
Altruisticboy:

I know ur dad lectures there

My dad retired as Prof and DVC wink, will never support this wicked government. How can three classes accommodate 400 students in a department? Labs are not equipped for effective learning, salary is nothing to write home about while federal government keeps taking school fees abi?
Re: ASUU members, How Do You Cope Without Salary? by Auskyd(m): 12:21pm On Jul 30, 2022
JJuanMiguel:

Where's is that written in the constitution/ Nigerian labour law?
Kindly share the link.

As an average low intellect buffoon you won't know now. Mumu. Be finding link upandan lmao
Re: ASUU members, How Do You Cope Without Salary? by Abdul4trust1(m): 12:21pm On Jul 30, 2022
Ugmama:
It has been very difficult and no one can even access loan due to salary stoppage.

Those of us with loans can't even pay our monthly repayments again.

God help us
What happened to the gratification you have collected from students in the past?
Re: ASUU members, How Do You Cope Without Salary? by duscollins: 12:22pm On Jul 30, 2022
How much of the labour laws are you aware of? What you care is the age perquisites for NYSC whose aim is already defeated. We should learn to understand issues from critical perspectives. If what ASUU is fighting for is not legitimate FG would have taken then to industrial court. Please check your bias.

quote author=Queensee post=115205362]

Why should they get paid when they are not working?

The only reason why they have not tried to bend and end the strike is because they know they will still pay at the very end.

At the end of the day, it's the students that will lose. Most people will exceed the age limit of 30, and may not qualify to go and serve because of ASUU strike.[/quote]
Re: ASUU members, How Do You Cope Without Salary? by Abdul4trust1(m): 12:24pm On Jul 30, 2022
mbaboy:
I am not feeling the impact of no work no pay because i planned ahead, i am managing my ulphostry business at PH pending when the APC led govt decides to do the needful for the strike to be called off.
what happened to the gratification you have been collecting from students?
Re: ASUU members, How Do You Cope Without Salary? by Auskyd(m): 12:24pm On Jul 30, 2022
bjtinz:
TBH it's difficult to justify the continued strike at this point.

ASUU should be reasonable. Everyone is poorly paid in the country - last I checked minimum wage is still 30k with workers even earning less.

The idea of comparing a professor to a senator is irrelevant.

Please ASUU should call of this strike

Yes now, ASUU should be content with the peanuts because everyone is suffering.

Very good reasoning. Asswipe.

1 Like

Re: ASUU members, How Do You Cope Without Salary? by Auskyd(m): 12:25pm On Jul 30, 2022
Abdul4trust1:

He collected from you and your dad abi? Na your type dey fail courses then look for how to sort lecturer. After sorting, you come online and complain

1 Like

Re: ASUU members, How Do You Cope Without Salary? by BouquiLake: 12:28pm On Jul 30, 2022
Get your information right.... Stop misinforming the public. All the workers are not being paid.

sinkhole:
The Federal Colleges of Education are currently on strike and they are still getting their salaries sad
ASUU, NAAT, SSANU and NASU, all went on strike in the Federal Universities, only the salaries of ASUU and NAAT were stopped! Why?
Re: ASUU members, How Do You Cope Without Salary? by Abdul4trust1(m): 12:29pm On Jul 30, 2022
Auskyd:

He collected from you and your dad abi? Na your type dey fail courses then look for how to sort lecturer. After sorting, you come online and complain
You can't even express yourself in simple and correct English.
Re: ASUU members, How Do You Cope Without Salary? by Auskyd(m): 12:31pm On Jul 30, 2022
Abdul4trust1:
You can't even express yourself in simple and correct English.

You're a buffoon bro. What I typed was in pidgin, not English. But as per say you no get sense and you dey find talk, I go answer you. If we check na Oriyomi c6 you get for English Language for WAEC, and you never get pass 1 A since you enter uni. Ode Omo lol

1 Like

Re: ASUU members, How Do You Cope Without Salary? by JJuanMiguel: 12:36pm On Jul 30, 2022
Auskyd:

As an average low intellect buffoon you won't know now. Mumu. Be finding link upandan lmao
It's this rudeness that made your useless father poor, now you are towing the same path too
Re: ASUU members, How Do You Cope Without Salary? by uniquelyspecial(m): 12:38pm On Jul 30, 2022
Queensee:

Why should they get paid when they are not working?

The only reason why they have not tried to bend and end the strike is because they know they will still pay at the very end.

At the end of the day, it's the students that will lose. Most people will exceed the age limit of 30, and may not qualify to go and serve because of ASUU strike.
Just listen to yourself.

Also ask the question: "why should they go back to class when government have refused to honouy the agreement made with them?"
Re: ASUU members, How Do You Cope Without Salary? by duscollins: 12:40pm On Jul 30, 2022
Abdul4trust1:

And you think every Lecturers indulge in extortion? This kind of thinking is common in the Nigerian Polytechnic and monotechnics.
If you know what you are doing nobody will extort you. The rules are there
Re: ASUU members, How Do You Cope Without Salary? by Abdul4trust1(m): 12:45pm On Jul 30, 2022
duscollins:

And you think every Lecturers indulge in extortion? This kind of thinking is common in the Nigerian Polytechnic and monotechnics.
If you know what you are doing nobody will extort you. The rules are there
go to AAU Ekpoma. The most of the lecturers can't do without gratification. Not all the lecturers actually accept gratification
Re: ASUU members, How Do You Cope Without Salary? by Abdul4trust1(m): 12:46pm On Jul 30, 2022
Auskyd:

You're a buffoon bro. What I typed was in pidgin, not English. But as per say you no get sense and you dey find talk, I go answer you. If we check na Oriyomi c6 you get for English Language for WAEC, and you never get pass 1 A since you enter uni. Ode Omo lol
you're still not communicating in English language.
Re: ASUU members, How Do You Cope Without Salary? by Jking20(m): 12:47pm On Jul 30, 2022
Jman06:
The thing new is that hardship is generally biting harder now due to inflation and bad economy. Cost of essential commodities are at the highest level ever! Nobody finds it easy giving out financial help to ASUU members because the economy is not smiling on them too. Even banks are very careful with giving out loans.

However, ASUU should be ready to sacrifice their salaries as part of the patriotic struggle. If students are at home sacrificing their time and future, ASUU too should sacrifice their salaries as long as the strike lasts. Something has to give to gain something. It is natural law!

I concur

1 Like

Re: ASUU members, How Do You Cope Without Salary? by Goddey18(m): 12:53pm On Jul 30, 2022
sinkhole:
The Federal Colleges of Education are currently on strike and they are still getting their salaries sad
ASUU, NAAT, SSANU and NASU, all went on strike in the Federal Universities, only the salaries of ASUU and NAAT were stopped! Why?

You are wrong sir. All the university base unions have not been paid for the pass 4 month now, not only ASUU and NAAT. You can confirm from anyone if you wish to.
Re: ASUU members, How Do You Cope Without Salary? by Justiceleague1: 12:58pm On Jul 30, 2022
Hamachi:
Most Nigerian lecturers have other business aside their regular lecturing jobs for instance, those in the medical field have their lab or hospital or pharmacy.

Others in management sciences have either hotels, or a grocery store run by their wife or relative

Some of the Agricultural lecturers are are into farming, pig, fish etc

A few in the computer science field of course you know were they are.

In Uganda, you cannot try having another job aside your lecturing job, it's called conflict of interest. If you do, you are sacked IMMEDIATELY! However, they are properly remunerated.
A house once you retire it becomes yours (after you finish paying)
Two cars ( one official the other unofficial)
Pension
Health care
2 of your kids will school outside Uganda
Vacation
Sabbatical abroad.

Those who will suffer this are the
Graduate lecturer
Lecturer 1&2

U dfntly a pfct Mx of brn n beuti...n U soo ht tu
cool

1 Like

Re: ASUU members, How Do You Cope Without Salary? by Auskyd(m): 1:03pm On Jul 30, 2022
JJuanMiguel:

It's this rudeness that made your useless father poor, now you are towing the same path too

Oshey, tow truck driver. You Wey no get useless father, see how comprehension far from you. Instead of you to find out exactly what the issues are, you are here opening mouth waaa like basket yarning bants.

You never see anything. 40 years go meet you for that school. Mumu.
Re: ASUU members, How Do You Cope Without Salary? by Auskyd(m): 1:05pm On Jul 30, 2022
Abdul4trust1:
you're still not communicating in English language.

Jokes on you ode. You fit read Wetin I write and you understand. You be the stupid one here, not me.

Lmao tears.
Abdul-buffoon
Re: ASUU members, How Do You Cope Without Salary? by Anuoluwa12345(f): 1:12pm On Jul 30, 2022
Good afternoon sir. Pls I sent you an email not too long. I got it from someone here on NL, based on a thread I opened where I was hoping to connect with writers in NL etc. So the man gave me your email that I shud message etc.. which I have done, I am only mentioning you now so you can notice it, I await your sincere response, thanks in anticipation, God bless you.
Xscape047:
They prepared ahead
Re: ASUU members, How Do You Cope Without Salary? by JJuanMiguel: 1:13pm On Jul 30, 2022
Auskyd:

Oshey, tow truck driver. You Wey no get useless father, see how comprehension far from you. Instead of you to find out exactly what the issues are, you are here opening mouth waaa like basket yarning bants.

You never see anything. 40 years go meet you for that school. Mumu.
Lol, you are the fool here. Someone who can't construct a simple sentence in English,
Half wit and half breed like you.

Your fellow charlatan made a blanket and strange statement about labour law, i only asked her to defend herself before an autism patient like you jumped in on it with masturbation.
Was it your father that drafted the constitution that striking unions should be paid up until 3 months of their strike?
Re: ASUU members, How Do You Cope Without Salary? by Auskyd(m): 1:33pm On Jul 30, 2022
JJuanMiguel:

Lol, you are the fool here. Someone who can't construct a simple sentence in English,
Half wit and half breed like you.

Your fellow charlatan made a blanket and strange statement about labour law, i only asked her to defend herself before an autism patient like you jumped in on it with masturbation.
Was it your father that drafted the constitution that striking unions should be paid up until 3 months of their strike?

Tears bro. Tears. You never start to cry. Lmfao fool say na autism patient. If you see someone with autism, you go fit know? Or you think say na like madness wey dey run 100 metres for your family? Hehehe God abeg.
Re: ASUU members, How Do You Cope Without Salary? by Bazo101: 1:35pm On Jul 30, 2022
sinkhole:
ssanu and nasu no salaries as. Well this is the third month
Re: ASUU members, How Do You Cope Without Salary? by Bazo101: 1:36pm On Jul 30, 2022
Auskyd:

If there was a word to quality abject stupidity, I'd use it on you, but unfortunately I can't find one.

How did you go to school? So they told you it's allonwances alone that's the issue? And you really think not paying arrears will make ASUU look wicked?

You deserve a president like Buhari cos you foolish like am
no salaries for ssanu And Naat And Nasu members as well this is the third month
Re: ASUU members, How Do You Cope Without Salary? by JJuanMiguel: 1:39pm On Jul 30, 2022
Auskyd:

Tears bro. Tears. You never start to cry. Lmfao fool say na autism patient. If you see someone with autism, you go fit know? Or you think say na like madness wey dey run 100 metres for your family? Hehehe God abeg.
Of course, a simple minded fool like you won't be able detect autism in people even if you were normal.
It's evident in your typing, you have inherited autism and daftness.
That's why you can't type two correct sentences without hiding under pidgin.
Re: ASUU members, How Do You Cope Without Salary? by mbaboy(m): 1:56pm On Jul 30, 2022
Why are u certain i collect any form of gratification from my student?
Abdul4trust1:
Re: ASUU members, How Do You Cope Without Salary? by Ademoore07(m): 2:03pm On Jul 30, 2022
It wasn't easy but we thank God for life.
Re: ASUU members, How Do You Cope Without Salary? by dogmart(m): 2:06pm On Jul 30, 2022
SeriouslySense:
In a true country, the teachers and lecturers are paid highly, and they are motivated to treat the student kindly, impacting knowledge and experiences to the students, whereas in Nigeria, they are not motivated, resulting in poor products from the Universities

The importance of taking good care of the teachers and lecturers is underestimated, despite that, the impact of Teachers on their students may seem trivial, i think for African Students, they are more inclined to look up to their teachers, so that, even what seems irrelevant, could go a long way.

Let's be realstic here. Are the lecturers not government staffs?
Are they the only government staffs?
Is there not a laid down payment for all staffs in various government parastatal?

Why then should that of the lecturers be different?

Am sure we all know that every last sector in Nigeria is under funded. It isnt just the academic sector. So should all staffs in all sectors now go on strikes to demand that the government FUND or IMPROVE their sector?

Should all staffs in all sectors compare their salaries with that of senators?

Answers to these questions will show us if the prolonged strike is really justified or not.
Re: ASUU members, How Do You Cope Without Salary? by dogmart(m): 2:18pm On Jul 30, 2022
For a fact we will only be deceiving ourselves if we believe the bogus story that ASUU is fighting for the improvement of the educational sector.
We all know the TRUTH.
ASUU is mainly fighting for it's pocket. Most essentially their fight is against the proscribed payment mode of the government which is going to curb their excesses.

Now explain to me why my employee will decide for me the mode of payment I will use for them? When all other employees in other sectors are put under a particular payment system. Why must ASUU want to be different?

We all know corruption is heavy in this country, and that our politicians are bunch of thieves, that doesn't mean you should compare yourselves with them. If u want to be like them and enjoy their largesse, simply join them.

1 Like

Re: ASUU members, How Do You Cope Without Salary? by Auskyd(m): 2:20pm On Jul 30, 2022
JJuanMiguel:

Of course, a simple minded fool like you won't be able detect autism in people even if you were normal.
It's evident in your typing, you have inherited autism and daftness.
That's why you can't type two correct sentences without hiding under pidgin.

I just dey try imagine the effort e dey take you to type all of this nonsense wey you dey spew here. Lmao. All the English you sabi, 100k fit no dey your account like this. With all your English, na people like me naim dey rule people like you. Dem no sabi English but will employ "English grandmaster" like you for groundnut money and you go happy. You be really confam fool.

Use English enter market go buy rice now, or oil and Maggie. I no speak English but I go collect your babe, give am doggie and dash her money to come give you. grin

Dey there dey speak English nah. Ewu.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

Nairaland Jamb Tutorial Centre {chemistry Thread} / Federal University Of Technology Akure Students Chat Room / Covenant University Conducts Home-Based Post UTME For The First Time

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 58
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.