Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,705 members, 7,802,095 topics. Date: Friday, 19 April 2024 at 09:07 AM

LPDC Probe: Ogunde Quits Jrp Over Stance, Backs Daughter, Olanipekun - Career - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Career / LPDC Probe: Ogunde Quits Jrp Over Stance, Backs Daughter, Olanipekun (13162 Views)

Adekunbi Ogunde Releases Statement Exonerates Wole Olanipekun and Firm / Olanipekun Disowns Lawyer Over ‘Attempt To Hijack Brief’ From Ajumogobia’s Firm / Lady Quits Her £50k Job To Start Her Own Business, Buys Her 1st House At 25 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

LPDC Probe: Ogunde Quits Jrp Over Stance, Backs Daughter, Olanipekun by sojiboy(m): 1:12pm On Jul 30, 2022
LPDC PROBE: OGUNDE QUITS JRP OVER STANCE, BACKS DAUGHTER, OLANIPEKUN
The father of Ms. Adekunbi Ogunde, the senior lawyer in the middle of the clamour for the Body of Benchers Chairman, Chief Wole Olanipekun SAN to recuse himself from the seat, has finally broken his silence, throwing his weight behind his embattled daughter and Olanipekun.

In a statement obtained by CITY LAWYER, Mr. Wemimo Ogunde SAN dissociated himself from a statement by the influential Justice Reform Project (JRP) calling on Olanipekun to quit, saying that he was not consulted before release of the statement.

Responding to an online publication (not CITY LAWYER) where he was said to have endorsed the JRP statement, the senior lawyer stated that “I want to state categorically that I do not wish to be associated with that statement. At no time did I participate in any meeting or discussion where the content of the statement was tabled or my consent sought or obtained.”

Ogunde hinted that he has quit the justice sector reform body as “my membership of JRP has now become untenable,” adding that “Many members of the JRP already know my difficult situation in this matter. For that reason I expected that i should have been consulted so that I would have had the opportunity to have dissociated myself from it internally, and the statement could then have been framed in a way to make my stance very clear, rather than putting me in this clearly embarrassing and awkward situation.”

He exonerated Olanipekun and other partners in the law firm from the solicitation debacle, saying: “However, one thing that is clear is that the innocence of the other partners has been clearly expressed. Whether they are vicariously liable for the acts of Ms Adekunbi Ogunde is one of the questions already submitted before the LPDC. Until then, the presumption of innocence of everyone involved, a constitutional right, ought to be respected.”

Ogunde stated that “My focus as a father at this time, is to assist my daughter prepare her defence,” adding that while the Nigerian Bar Association (NBA) has filed a complaint against his daughter, “I think as lawyers, the sanctity and independence of that body (Legal Practitioners Disciplinary Committee) should be respected.”

CITY LAWYER had in an exclusive report cited a searing complaint by an apparently embittered senior lawyer and former Minister of Energy and Petroleum ministries, Mr. Odein Ajumogobia SAN where he referenced an email to the oil company from Ms. Adekunbi Ogunde, a Partner in Wole Olanipekun & Co, and demanded an apology from the law firm. The firm apologized for the debacle and disowned the Partner.

The NBA has filed a petition at the LPDC where it not only demanded sanctions against Ms. Ogunde, a Partner in Wole Olanipekun & Co, for alleged solicitation of briefs from Saipem SPA, but invited the Committee to “consider whether the Partners of the Firm of Wole Olanipekun & Co. are not liable to be disciplined by this august body seeing that the Respondent has the ostensible authority to act as a Partner and indeed acted for and on behalf of the said Firm.” Olanipekun is the Founding Partner of the law firm. The LPDC is a committee of the Body of Benchers.

The association followed this up with a letter personally signed by Akpata which urged Olanipekun “to recuse yourself from chairmanship of the BOB henceforth and to allow for the emplacement of an interim leadership of the BOB, in order to enable the LPDC carry out this particular assignment, amongst others, without coming under an undue suspicion of impartiality.”

The full text of the statement is below.

THE CALL FOR THE RESIGNATION OF CHIEF WOLE OLANIPEKUN SAN AS CHAIRMAN OF THE BODY OF BENCHERS: MY POSITION AS A MEMBER OF THE JUSTICE REFORM PROJECT

Today, 29th July, 2022, my attention was drawn to a publication by BarristerNG, an online law newspaper that 20 Senior Advocates of Nigeria (including me) who are members of the JRP have called for the resignation of ChiefOlanipekun SAN on account of the email written by my daughter.

I want to state categorically that I do not wish to be associated with that statement. At no time did I participate in any meeting or discussion where the content of the statement was tabled or my consent sought or obtained.

The NBA has filed a complaint against my daughter before the LPDC and I think as lawyers, the sanctity and independence of that body should be respected. It must be noted that no complaint was filed against any other partner and Mr Odein Ajumogobia SAN has neither filed any complaint nor deposed to any statement in support of the NBA’s complaint. My focus as a father at this time, is to assist my daughter prepare her defence. However, one thing that is clear is that the innocence of the other partners has been clearly expressed. Whether they are vicariously liable for the acts of Ms Adekunbi Ogunde is one of the questions already submitted before the LPDC. Until then, the presumption of innocence of everyone involved, a constitutional right, ought to be respected.

In the circumstances, my membership of JRP has now become untenable. I believe and support my daughter’s solemn declaration expressed privately and publicly, that the email was written unilaterally, without the knowledge of any other partner in Wole Olanipekun & Co. Those who have a contrary view are also entitled to their opinion, but in the interest of justice, we all have to await the verdict of the LPDC.

Many members of the JRP already know my difficult situation in this matter. For that reason I expected that i should have been consulted so that I would have had the opportunity to have dissociated myself from it internally, and the statement could then have been framed in a way to make my stance very clear, rather than putting me in this clearly embarrassing and awkward situation.

I am grateful to all those who have contacted me privately, particularly those who also know Adekunbi very well. May the Almighty God bless you and yours always.

OLUWEMIMO OGUNDE SAN

https://citylawyermag.com/2022/07/30/lpdc-probe-ogunde-quits-jrp-over-stance-backs-daughter-olanipekun/

1 Like

Re: LPDC Probe: Ogunde Quits Jrp Over Stance, Backs Daughter, Olanipekun by Slytech29: 1:44pm On Jul 30, 2022
Checkout my signature to learn hacking
PayPal hacking
Instagram hacking
Facebook hacking
Wifi hacking
Phone hacking
Etc
Like, subscribe and follow the channel for more content
Re: LPDC Probe: Ogunde Quits Jrp Over Stance, Backs Daughter, Olanipekun by Ilbagnos: 1:44pm On Jul 30, 2022
What a revelation
Re: LPDC Probe: Ogunde Quits Jrp Over Stance, Backs Daughter, Olanipekun by Slytech29: 1:44pm On Jul 30, 2022
Hey
Do you wanna learn the calculation & indepth recipes for commercial, homemade and Ghana bread making with & without industrial baking machines.
Also have a knowledge of the step to step guide to get your NAFDAC number.
Do well to join the group by messaging me with the number below to learn how to make bread from the beginning to the end.
Re: LPDC Probe: Ogunde Quits Jrp Over Stance, Backs Daughter, Olanipekun by Blackestjunior(m): 1:44pm On Jul 30, 2022
LORD have mercy on me

3 Likes

Re: LPDC Probe: Ogunde Quits Jrp Over Stance, Backs Daughter, Olanipekun by GoooodHardDick: 1:44pm On Jul 30, 2022
If shame still dey let you say "vote apc 2023" 

Na Acid Dem suppose use melt that brain of yours

However, Tinubu urchins know that Obi is your next president

You can relocate to Pakistan after the election

7 Likes 1 Share

Hi I do boost social media accounts for a cheap and affordable price...
Instagram account
Tiktok Account
Facebook account
Twitter account and many more ,do well to patronize me....
I ALSO SELL INSTAGRAM AND FACEBOOK ACCOUNTS.... MESSAGE MY NUMBER BELOW TO BUY CHEAP....
Re: LPDC Probe: Ogunde Quits Jrp Over Stance, Backs Daughter, Olanipekun by Holluwhakemmy(f): 1:44pm On Jul 30, 2022
Good
Re: LPDC Probe: Ogunde Quits Jrp Over Stance, Backs Daughter, Olanipekun by dessey(m): 1:45pm On Jul 30, 2022
Hmm things are really falling apart in this country grin grin
Re: LPDC Probe: Ogunde Quits Jrp Over Stance, Backs Daughter, Olanipekun by Webhome01: 1:45pm On Jul 30, 2022
Interesting
Re: LPDC Probe: Ogunde Quits Jrp Over Stance, Backs Daughter, Olanipekun by New007: 1:45pm On Jul 30, 2022
What were you guys expecting before? Lawless lawyers in a lawless country. Garbage in garbage out.

3 Likes

Re: LPDC Probe: Ogunde Quits Jrp Over Stance, Backs Daughter, Olanipekun by bestman09(m): 1:48pm On Jul 30, 2022
angry

1 Like

Re: LPDC Probe: Ogunde Quits Jrp Over Stance, Backs Daughter, Olanipekun by chuose: 1:48pm On Jul 30, 2022
fff
Re: LPDC Probe: Ogunde Quits Jrp Over Stance, Backs Daughter, Olanipekun by jidxin(m): 1:49pm On Jul 30, 2022
Lol.... Comment section is dry

Anyway Ms Ogunde has erred and breached the LPA but not withstanding its something that can be settled amicably without escalating.

3 Likes

Re: LPDC Probe: Ogunde Quits Jrp Over Stance, Backs Daughter, Olanipekun by jidxin(m): 1:49pm On Jul 30, 2022
Holluwhakemmy:
Good
lol what is good.
Re: LPDC Probe: Ogunde Quits Jrp Over Stance, Backs Daughter, Olanipekun by DrChukki: 1:49pm On Jul 30, 2022
H
New007:
What were you guys expecting before? Lawless lawyers in a lawless country. Garbage in garbage out.
did you really understand what you read

5 Likes

Re: LPDC Probe: Ogunde Quits Jrp Over Stance, Backs Daughter, Olanipekun by Webgraphicvideo: 1:50pm On Jul 30, 2022
Wow
Re: LPDC Probe: Ogunde Quits Jrp Over Stance, Backs Daughter, Olanipekun by DWJOBScom(m): 1:50pm On Jul 30, 2022
I took out time to read it up but it doesn't make sense

I think it's just bunch of men playing with words and phrases or the OP couldnt outline the text properly to aid understanding
Re: LPDC Probe: Ogunde Quits Jrp Over Stance, Backs Daughter, Olanipekun by jidxin(m): 1:50pm On Jul 30, 2022
Ilbagnos:
What a revelation
lmaoooo must you comment
Re: LPDC Probe: Ogunde Quits Jrp Over Stance, Backs Daughter, Olanipekun by jidxin(m): 1:50pm On Jul 30, 2022
DWJOBScom:
I took out time to read it up but it doesn't make sense
grin
Re: LPDC Probe: Ogunde Quits Jrp Over Stance, Backs Daughter, Olanipekun by datola: 1:51pm On Jul 30, 2022
This 'Olumide' Akpata man is funny. The lawyer in question is a SAN and should should be made to face the music and not asking Wole Olanipekun to 'rescue' himself as chairman of Body of Benchers.

All these people, once they have small power they will be looking for ways to pull down successful people from the West.

8 Likes

Re: LPDC Probe: Ogunde Quits Jrp Over Stance, Backs Daughter, Olanipekun by AndroBlaze: 1:52pm On Jul 30, 2022
New007:

Besides you, I am struggling to see one sensible comment ..but if it's big brother or Buhari... they will come out in full force.

My two cents is this is overkill; the young lady, her father and Wole Olanipekun have been embarrassed enough which should serve as enough punishment. Why Akpata is hellbent on dragging this thing make me believe some sort of personal vendetta....I may be wrong but they all seem like a bunch of hypocrites to me.

10 Likes

Re: LPDC Probe: Ogunde Quits Jrp Over Stance, Backs Daughter, Olanipekun by itzzkhaliii(m): 1:52pm On Jul 30, 2022
Can I say dialogue is the way out?

I still get touchscreen laptops if you'll be interested.Details on my signature.
Re: LPDC Probe: Ogunde Quits Jrp Over Stance, Backs Daughter, Olanipekun by IPIGSRSHALLOW: 1:54pm On Jul 30, 2022
GoooodHardDick:
If shame still dey let you say "vote apc 2023" 

Na Acid Dem suppose use melt that brain of yours

However, Tinubu urchins know that Obi is your next president

You can relocate to Pakistan after the election

Better get ready to relocate to South Sudan along with the remaining IPIG terrorists after the election. You will go back to calling Nigeria zoo after Peter Obi - - tuary fails to win a single State.

4 Likes 2 Shares

Re: LPDC Probe: Ogunde Quits Jrp Over Stance, Backs Daughter, Olanipekun by Rechargeam247(f): 1:54pm On Jul 30, 2022
Article too long.
Re: LPDC Probe: Ogunde Quits Jrp Over Stance, Backs Daughter, Olanipekun by chuksanambra: 1:56pm On Jul 30, 2022
Rechargeam247:
Article too long.

Reader too dumb.

1 Like

Re: LPDC Probe: Ogunde Quits Jrp Over Stance, Backs Daughter, Olanipekun by Rechargeam247(f): 1:57pm On Jul 30, 2022
chuksanambra:

I am too dumb.
There you have it wink

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Eric Osagie Resigns As Sun Newspaper MD / Which Is Better, Handwork Or Salary Job? / Unpaid Salaries: Hope Dims For Workers

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 75
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.