Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,128 members, 7,807,419 topics. Date: Wednesday, 24 April 2024 at 01:17 PM

Nigerian Polling Units Dataset - Programming - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Programming / Nigerian Polling Units Dataset (1403 Views)

As A Data Scientists In Nigeria Were Would You Get Dataset About Nigeria. / Where Can I Get A Recent Nigerian Stock Exchange Historical Stock Price Dataset / Google Dataset: New Search Engine (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Nigerian Polling Units Dataset by airsaylongcome: 6:20pm On Jul 30, 2022
Does anyone have or know where I can get a detailed dataset of the 176,846 INEC Polling Units for the 2023 election Cycle? Initially I’m looking for datasets that lists each polling unit by state, LG, Ward and Polling unit. Eventually, I would like to have data of registered voters for each of the polling units
Re: Nigerian Polling Units Dataset by Ikechukwu183: 7:09pm On Jul 30, 2022
airsaylongcome:
Does anyone have or know where I can get a detailed dataset of the 176,846 INEC Polling Units for the 2023 election Cycle? Initially I’m looking for datasets that lists each polling unit by state, LG, Ward and Polling unit. Eventually, I would like to have data of registered voters for each of the polling units
Go to the inec portal registration site and scrape the data, if you know how to scrape

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Polling Units Dataset by airsaylongcome: 7:10pm On Jul 30, 2022
Ikechukwu183:

Go to the inec portal registration site and scrap the data, if you know how to scrap

Thanks! I can scrape but I don’t want to go through that route because the system I’m currently using is heavily monitored
Re: Nigerian Polling Units Dataset by Ikechukwu183: 7:13pm On Jul 30, 2022
airsaylongcome:

Thanks! I can scrape but I don’t want to go through that route because the system I’m currently using is heavily monitored
Ok... get someone that can do it for you... Currently, I am not with my PC, I would have done it for a fee.
Re: Nigerian Polling Units Dataset by airsaylongcome: 7:18pm On Jul 30, 2022
Ikechukwu183:

Ok... get someone that can do it for you... Currently, I am not with my PC, I would have done it for a fee.

The speed with which Nigerians rush to mention money is always startling for me. I understand that services aren’t and shouldn’t be free. But for me I focus on marketing the value I can offer and allow the client see that value before we start talking commercials. This is a hobby project. Thanks for your offer all the same
Re: Nigerian Polling Units Dataset by Ikechukwu183: 8:43pm On Jul 30, 2022
airsaylongcome:

The speed with which Nigerians rush to mention money is always startling for me. I understand that services aren’t and shouldn’t be free. But for me I focus on marketing the value I can offer and allow the client see that value before we start talking commercials. This is a hobby project. Thanks for your offer all the same
Even if you had offered me money, I wouldn't have taken the offer because I currently would not have been able to it now as I am not predisposed to do so.

I had earlier told exactly what you can do inorder to get it, for free. I only chipped in about the fee so that you know it would have cost you some money if I were to do it.

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Polling Units Dataset by airsaylongcome: 8:54pm On Jul 30, 2022
Ikechukwu183:

Even if you had offered me money, I wouldn't have taken the off because I currently would not have been able to it now as I am not predisposed to do so.

I had earlier told exactly what you do inorder to get it, for free. I only chipped in about the fee so that you know it would have cost you some money if I were to do it.

Yeah I get your point fam. And it was more of me voicing my thoughts about the need for me to start thinking like that. I give a lot of guidance and service for free. Thanks all the same

4 Likes

Re: Nigerian Polling Units Dataset by Nobody: 11:37pm On Jul 30, 2022
Seems like u don't really need it.
Good luck
Re: Nigerian Polling Units Dataset by airsaylongcome: 2:58pm On Aug 05, 2022
GREATIGBOMAN:
Seems like u don't really need it.
Good luck

Well, that's not exactly correct. I need it and would appreciate any help. I've scrapped data of a different source using Power Automate Desktop. The data from that site does not include the 56k+ new Polling Units which are also listed on the INEC website. This is for a personal development program as I'm looking to radically pivot into Data Analysis starting off with Excel. I'd be happy if you can guide me how to scrape data off the INEC website. I've had some success attempting to scrape data from INEC's site but it has been very very limited. I be your boy on this data scrapping stuff. Very limited experience doing this. So epp me if you have the time to
Re: Nigerian Polling Units Dataset by Nobody: 2:58am On Oct 26, 2022
airsaylongcome:

It’s not only a Nigerian mentality, even an American would ask for money but you may only pay after testing that the solution works. It’s perfectly okay to ask for money in exchange for labour.

Also, scraping data is too damn easy especially if you’re using Python. You can use Selenium to scrape if you’re using Python I remember getting free instagram followers by scraping data from sites that offer free followers and clicking on the form to request the followers all done programmatically. I believe this is a basic task as a simple google search would’ve pointed you in the right direction. Just take a look at Selenium documentation and get it done.

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Polling Units Dataset by Tunagy: 8:47am On Oct 26, 2022
airsaylongcome:

Well, that's not exactly correct. I need it and would appreciate any help. I've scrapped data of a different source using Power Automate Desktop. The data from that site does not include the 56k+ new Polling Units which are also listed on the INEC website. This is for a personal development program as I'm looking to radically pivot into Data Analysis starting off with Excel. I'd be happy if you can guide me how to scrape data off the INEC website. I've had some success attempting to scrape data from INEC's site but it has been very very limited. I be your boy on this data scrapping stuff. Very limited experience doing this. So epp me if you have the time to
Send me exact URL, I'll help you with the script

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Polling Units Dataset by airsaylongcome: 9:12am On Oct 26, 2022
DanTheGeek:

It’s not only a Nigerian mentality, even an American would ask for money but you may only pay after testing that the solution works. It’s perfectly okay to ask for money in exchange for labour.

Also, scraping data is too damn easy especially if you’re using Python. You can use Selenium to scrape if you’re using Python I remember getting free instagram followers by scraping data from sites that offer free followers and clicking on the form to request the followers all done programmatically. I believe this is a basic task as a simple google search would’ve pointed you in the right direction. Just take a look at Selenium documentation and get it done.

An American would charge you if they had to do the job for you. But pointing you in the right direction? Naaaaah. Many people are happy to do that for absolutely nothing. That's why you have the likes of Reddit and Quora. No one there is going to say "Pay me to do it" when someone has asked.

You say scrapping is dead easy. Let me ask you a question, using Freeswitch would you be able to route a phone call such that it plays a specific recording if an outbound call is made at 10am? No? Why not?
Re: Nigerian Polling Units Dataset by Nobody: 10:04am On Oct 26, 2022
airsaylongcome:

An American would charge you if they had to do the job for you. But pointing you in the right direction? Naaaaah. Many people are happy to do that for absolutely nothing. That's why you have the likes of Reddit and Quora. No one there is going to say "Pay me to do it" when someone has asked.

You say scrapping is dead easy. Let me ask you a question, using Freeswitch would you be able to route a phone call such that it plays a specific recording if an outbound call is made at 10am? No? Why not?

I’m not a Freeswitch developer or user but at least you and I have knowledge of web development and how it works. Who will spoon feed you with a script on Quora? I have a good reputation on Quora from years of activity on there and it’s hard to see who will spoonfeed you, even stackoverflow self dem go just close your question. You came to Nairaland for a reason.

Also I don’t need freeswitch to do that. There are many call center based systems that offer telephony features at ease via a web portal. They will be the one to programmatically configure freeswitch or another telephony software on the backend.
Re: Nigerian Polling Units Dataset by airsaylongcome: 11:19am On Oct 26, 2022
DanTheGeek:

I’m not a Freeswitch developer or user but at least you and I have knowledge of web development and how it works. Who will spoon feed you with a script on Quora? I have a good reputation on Quora from years of activity on there and it’s hard to see who will spoonfeed you, even stackoverflow self dem go just close your question. You came to Nairaland for a reason.

Also I don’t need freeswitch to do that. There are many call center based systems that offer telephony features at ease via a web portal. They will be the one to programmatically configure freeswitch or another telephony software on the backend.

So assumption is the mother of all furck ups. You assumed that I have a knowledge of Web development. That I can read and understand code doesn't make me a Python programmer.

And yes, I came to Nairaland for a reason. It's targeted at Nigerians and I'm more likely to find folks conversant with the dataset here. Funny thing is I eventually got a solution from Reddit and Microsoft forum. Zero charge, just pointers to relevant materials which is what I was asking for.
Re: Nigerian Polling Units Dataset by Nobody: 11:40am On Oct 26, 2022
airsaylongcome:

So assumption is the mother of all furck ups. You assumed that I have a knowledge of Web development. That I can read and understand code doesn't make me a Python programmer.

And yes, I came to Nairaland for a reason. It's targeted at Nigerians and I'm more likely to find folks conversant with the dataset here. Funny thing is I eventually got a solution from Reddit and Microsoft forum. Zero charge, just pointers to relevant materials which is what I was asking for.

Dude you’re getting in your head. Where did I say you have to pay to be pointed in the right direction? I only said you’d most likely have to pay for SOMEONE TO CODE A SOLUTION FOR YOU. I already pointed you in the right direction by suggesting a library nah you dey long matters.

You can read and understand code but you can’t read a library’s documentation and write code? Is it possible to read without knowing how to write? Idk mehn just asking.

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Polling Units Dataset by Princejoshee1: 10:26pm On Nov 21, 2022
I did really appreciate to conversate with you sir ... drop your email address for me
airsaylongcome:

Re: Nigerian Polling Units Dataset by bedfordng(m): 12:47pm On Nov 22, 2022
@op, there are some browser plugins automation tools that could also be used like imacro but you may still need to learn how to use it.

But I usually use python with beautiful soup if the site doesn't populate the data with JavaScript. But if it does, selenium or playwright is your go-to guy.

If you don't use python, then you can try imacro browser plugin for Firefox or Chrome.

2 Likes

Re: Nigerian Polling Units Dataset by airsaylongcome: 1:10pm On Nov 22, 2022
bedfordng:
@op, there are some browser plugins automation tools that could also be used like imacro but you may still need to learn how to use it.

But I usually use python with beautiful soup if the site doesn't populate the data with JavaScript. But if it does, selenium or playwright is your go-to guy.

If you don't use python, then you can try imacro browser plugin for Firefox or Chrome.

I used Power Automate Desktop from Microsoft.

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Polling Units Dataset by bedfordng(m): 6:52pm On Nov 22, 2022
airsaylongcome:

I used Power Automate Desktop from Microsoft.
that's also a
good one too .
Re: Nigerian Polling Units Dataset by urmy(m): 11:26am On Nov 09, 2023
I am ready tom pay for it, how much will you charge? can you send me a private message?
Ikechukwu183:

(1) (Reply)

Making A Crude Website API / Incredible Read!!! Blind Programmers. / Candycrush-cheats.com Is Down

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 38
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.