Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,147,802 members, 7,798,705 topics. Date: Tuesday, 16 April 2024 at 08:55 AM

Tinubu Competent to Lead Nigeria: Tee Mac Makes U-turn, Says He Was Misquoted - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Tinubu Competent to Lead Nigeria: Tee Mac Makes U-turn, Says He Was Misquoted (1537 Views)

I Was Misquoted For Eight Years – Femi Adesina / Tee Mac: Tinubu Is My In-Law, He’s 86, Not Fit To Run Nigeria / David Umahi: Peter Obi Is Competent To Be VP But... (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Tinubu Competent to Lead Nigeria: Tee Mac Makes U-turn, Says He Was Misquoted by abc115: 7:07pm On Jul 30, 2022
Former President of the Performing Musicians Association of Nigeria (PMAN), Tee Mac Omatshola Iseli has made U-turn, saying the APC Presidential candidate, Asiwaju Bola Tinubu is competent to lead Nigeria.

Tee Mac said he was quoted out of context over his private conversation with a Facebook acquaintance.

He had alleged that Tinubu was 86 years old and not 70 and would be too old to lead Nigeria in 2023. The post went viral on social media.

Tee Mac, in a statement on Saturday said his attention had been drawn to a post that has gone viral on Social Media regarding a private banter with a Facebook acquaintance on the eligibility of Tinubu for the office of the President of the Federal Republic of Nigeria.

“While it is regrettable that such a private conversation went viral vide from a Facebook Account, let me state that the conversation was taken out of context.

“In the first instance, I have high regards for the person of the APC Presidential candidate; a two (2)-Term Governor of Lagos State, and a revered leader of the APC. I have lived in Lagos since I relocated from Switzerland, and I can attest to his transformational impact in the state.

“More significantly is his ability to identify and engage exceptional and committed technocrats in governance with tangible results over time, and maintaining relationships with them, and others across board. This, I believe will be replicated if he is given the opportunity at the Federal level,” he said.

Asiwaju: Right Man for 2023
According to Tee Mac, Tinubu’s all-inclusive style of governance has seen people from other states, ethnicities and faith take up appointments in Lagos, serving meritoriously too.

“Consequently, his competence is not in doubt. I only expressed my fear for the rigours of the office.

“My personal view is that anyone can choose any candidate, but must ask themselves if they have chosen rightly. This is a pertinent question for everyone. I simply admonished a friend to vote by his convictions,” he said.

Tee Mac added that his only grouse, which he still stood by was that it was Tinubu who sold Buhari to the nation in 2015, which candidate, contrary to all expectations, underperformed.

“The above notwithstanding, I neither have a personal grudge with Asiwaju, nor would pursue a path of acrimony with my cousin, Remi Tinubu, whom everyone adjudged pleasant and supportive. Tinubu remains a man I admire regardless of what sycophants have tried to make of my comment,” he added.

https://fonts.googleapis.com/css2?family=Poppins:ital,wght@0,100;0,200;0,500;0,600;0,700;1,100&display=swap
Re: Tinubu Competent to Lead Nigeria: Tee Mac Makes U-turn, Says He Was Misquoted by r4bbit: 7:09pm On Jul 30, 2022
Oops
Re: Tinubu Competent to Lead Nigeria: Tee Mac Makes U-turn, Says He Was Misquoted by sotall(m): 7:09pm On Jul 30, 2022
grin

His hands has touched Tinubu's dollars

14 Likes 1 Share

Re: Tinubu Competent to Lead Nigeria: Tee Mac Makes U-turn, Says He Was Misquoted by Xscape1993(m): 7:09pm On Jul 30, 2022
Evil party.....
Re: Tinubu Competent to Lead Nigeria: Tee Mac Makes U-turn, Says He Was Misquoted by Babaken(m): 7:11pm On Jul 30, 2022
If only that statement wasn't under duress

6 Likes

Re: Tinubu Competent to Lead Nigeria: Tee Mac Makes U-turn, Says He Was Misquoted by duro4chang(m): 7:11pm On Jul 30, 2022
Always think before you talk.

1 Like

Re: Tinubu Competent to Lead Nigeria: Tee Mac Makes U-turn, Says He Was Misquoted by Abfinest007(m): 7:12pm On Jul 30, 2022
Wat Abt d age
Re: Tinubu Competent to Lead Nigeria: Tee Mac Makes U-turn, Says He Was Misquoted by FreeStuffsNG: 7:13pm On Jul 30, 2022
A fi suru
Re: Tinubu Competent to Lead Nigeria: Tee Mac Makes U-turn, Says He Was Misquoted by 9gerian: 7:14pm On Jul 30, 2022
Family blowback.

Remi on the beat!

Tbh, some friends are better than family. grin

abc115:
Former President of the Performing Musicians Association of Nigeria (PMAN), Tee Mac Omatshola Iseli has made U-turn, saying the APC Presidential candidate, Asiwaju Bola Tinubu is competent to lead Nigeria.

Tee Mac said he was quoted out of context over his private conversation with a Facebook acquaintance.

He had alleged that Tinubu was 86 years old and not 70 and would be too old to lead Nigeria in 2023. The post went viral on social media.

Tee Mac, in a statement on Saturday said his attention had been drawn to a post that has gone viral on Social Media regarding a private banter with a Facebook acquaintance on the eligibility of Tinubu for the office of the President of the Federal Republic of Nigeria.

“While it is regrettable that such a private conversation went viral vide from a Facebook Account, let me state that the conversation was taken out of context.

“In the first instance, I have high regards for the person of the APC Presidential candidate; a two (2)-Term Governor of Lagos State, and a revered leader of the APC. I have lived in Lagos since I relocated from Switzerland, and I can attest to his transformational impact in the state.

“More significantly is his ability to identify and engage exceptional and committed technocrats in governance with tangible results over time, and maintaining relationships with them, and others across board. This, I believe will be replicated if he is given the opportunity at the Federal level,” he said.

According to Tee Mac, Tinubu’s all-inclusive style of governance has seen people from other states, ethnicities and faith take up appointments in Lagos, serving meritoriously too.

“Consequently, his competence is not in doubt. I only expressed my fear for the rigours of the office.

“My personal view is that anyone can choose any candidate, but must ask themselves if they have chosen rightly. This is a pertinent question for everyone. I simply admonished a friend to vote by his convictions,” he said.

Tee Mac added that his only grouse, which he still stood by was that it was Tinubu who sold Buhari to the nation in 2015, which candidate, contrary to all expectations, underperformed.

“The above notwithstanding, I neither have a personal grudge with Asiwaju, nor would pursue a path of acrimony with my cousin, Remi Tinubu, whom everyone adjudged pleasant and supportive. Tinubu remains a man I admire regardless of what sycophants have tried to make of my comment,” he added.

https://fonts.googleapis.com/css2?family=Poppins:ital,wght@0,100;0,200;0,500;0,600;0,700;1,100&display=swap

1 Like

Re: Tinubu Competent to Lead Nigeria: Tee Mac Makes U-turn, Says He Was Misquoted by Nonexisting: 7:14pm On Jul 30, 2022
His hands have been greased. If you know you know.

5 Likes

Re: Tinubu Competent to Lead Nigeria: Tee Mac Makes U-turn, Says He Was Misquoted by Nenzeey479: 7:15pm On Jul 30, 2022
All i have to say here is everyone should mind his/her business,,, i come in peace
Re: Tinubu Competent to Lead Nigeria: Tee Mac Makes U-turn, Says He Was Misquoted by seunmsg(m): 7:15pm On Jul 30, 2022

The part in bold is undeniable and the exact reason why Tinubu is the best among the current crop of presidential candidates. These qualities are the most important for a president to posses. It is exactly why I’m supporting Tinubu to become the next president of Nigeria.

The above notwithstanding, Tee Mac is still an idiot.

3 Likes

Re: Tinubu Competent to Lead Nigeria: Tee Mac Makes U-turn, Says He Was Misquoted by derecho(m): 7:15pm On Jul 30, 2022
So na Google font be your source!
Instead of fabricating stories, show us where / when he said all these.

We all know Tinubu is the least qualified amongst the major 3 contenders.

The only takeaway from Teemac's revelation is Tinubu's age.

abc115:

5 Likes

Re: Tinubu Competent to Lead Nigeria: Tee Mac Makes U-turn, Says He Was Misquoted by Kurutinto(m): 7:15pm On Jul 30, 2022
Tinubu's urchins and agberos have gone to threaten the old man. Evil people

3 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Tinubu Competent to Lead Nigeria: Tee Mac Makes U-turn, Says He Was Misquoted by Kurutinto(m): 7:16pm On Jul 30, 2022
seunmsg:

So you relocated from your imaginery Switzerland to come back to Nigeria for 30k per month zombie wage. All you urchins thinks Nigerians are fools like you people

4 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Tinubu Competent to Lead Nigeria: Tee Mac Makes U-turn, Says He Was Misquoted by Areola14(m): 7:20pm On Jul 30, 2022
Now.... you people that benefited from Tinubu and want to turn against him, you will be exposed! Tinubu is the most detribalise Nigerian that sees all Nigerians as one.... do you want t o tell me that, Peter obi can appoint a yoeuba man as a minister in anambra..? Can obi recruite a yoruba man into anambra state work? This are the qualities we see in Tinubu... in Lagos State we have igbos as senators which cannot be possible in igbo land, can it happen?... Tinubu is the best among all!

3 Likes

Re: Tinubu Competent to Lead Nigeria: Tee Mac Makes U-turn, Says He Was Misquoted by jlinkd78(m): 7:21pm On Jul 30, 2022
The age clarification is all that matters
Do u still stand with 86 years narratives

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Tinubu Competent to Lead Nigeria: Tee Mac Makes U-turn, Says He Was Misquoted by NyamiriSlayer(m): 7:21pm On Jul 30, 2022
Don't be like ipob pigs, always think before you talk

1 Like

Re: Tinubu Competent to Lead Nigeria: Tee Mac Makes U-turn, Says He Was Misquoted by article1: 7:21pm On Jul 30, 2022
Cowards everywhere
Re: Tinubu Competent to Lead Nigeria: Tee Mac Makes U-turn, Says He Was Misquoted by diadem10: 7:21pm On Jul 30, 2022
sotall:
grin

Stop projecting yourself as seen below. It's Peter Obi miscreant who are distributing monetary gifts since you can't list Peter Obi's achievement.

Tee Mac emphatically mentioned Tinubu's achievements and legacies which are littered all over Lagos.

1 Like

Re: Tinubu Competent to Lead Nigeria: Tee Mac Makes U-turn, Says He Was Misquoted by paramakina202: 7:21pm On Jul 30, 2022
You have already spilled the milk and you can't pack it back.

3 Likes

Re: Tinubu Competent to Lead Nigeria: Tee Mac Makes U-turn, Says He Was Misquoted by ivandragon: 7:34pm On Jul 30, 2022
What about the comments on BAT'S age? Are those true or false?

2 Likes

Re: Tinubu Competent to Lead Nigeria: Tee Mac Makes U-turn, Says He Was Misquoted by BadEnglish(m): 7:34pm On Jul 30, 2022
You don't mean it, so that ancestor of iragbiji is as fit as rock. Wonders shall never end, them don shake this mumu shackles, now he's talking from both side of his mouths. So sad

1 Like

Re: Tinubu Competent to Lead Nigeria: Tee Mac Makes U-turn, Says He Was Misquoted by rolams(m): 7:37pm On Jul 30, 2022
At your age, you can't hold your ground!

Tueh!

2 Likes

Re: Tinubu Competent to Lead Nigeria: Tee Mac Makes U-turn, Says He Was Misquoted by treesun: 7:39pm On Jul 30, 2022
abc115:

Tinubu lost a son in UK few years, how old was he. Tinubu is at least 81 years!

1 Like

Re: Tinubu Competent to Lead Nigeria: Tee Mac Makes U-turn, Says He Was Misquoted by highchief1: 7:53pm On Jul 30, 2022
abc115:

teemac is a drug addict nobody listens to him
Re: Tinubu Competent to Lead Nigeria: Tee Mac Makes U-turn, Says He Was Misquoted by Nobody: 9:34pm On Jul 30, 2022
sotall:
grin

or perhaps family people just put the mad dog back on its leash?
Re: Tinubu Competent to Lead Nigeria: Tee Mac Makes U-turn, Says He Was Misquoted by Reasonable4me: 9:58pm On Jul 30, 2022
Areola14:
Now.... you people that benefited from Tinubu and want to turn against him, you will be exposed! Tinubu is the most detribalise Nigerian that sees all Nigerians as one.... do you want t o tell me that, Peter obi can appoint a yoeuba man as a minister in anambra..? Can obi recruite a yoruba man into anambra state work? This are the qualities we see in Tinubu... in Lagos State we have igbos as senators which cannot be possible in igbo land, can it happen?... Tinubu is the best among all!

Lol ewu. Senator. I heard the governor before Tinubu was also Igbo
Re: Tinubu Competent to Lead Nigeria: Tee Mac Makes U-turn, Says He Was Misquoted by VladimirPutiin(m): 10:19pm On Jul 30, 2022
Areola14:

Name one Igbo man that became senator in Lagos state ??
And lastly what you have at state level is commissioner and not minister.
Re: Tinubu Competent to Lead Nigeria: Tee Mac Makes U-turn, Says He Was Misquoted by VladimirPutiin(m): 10:21pm On Jul 30, 2022
Where is the source to this one ?
Atleast the other one we saw a verified source
Re: Tinubu Competent to Lead Nigeria: Tee Mac Makes U-turn, Says He Was Misquoted by dragunov: 10:55pm On Jul 30, 2022
seunmsg:

The part in bold is undeniable and the exact reason why Tinubu is the best among the current crop of presidential candidates. These qualities are the most important for a president to posses. It is exactly why I’m supporting Tinubu to become the next president of Nigeria.

The above notwithstanding, Tee Mac is still an idiot.

Kadoso Mutairu! Are we going to say you lack good training? Abusing an elderly man like that? The guy only said Tinubu is older than he is declaring, which we all know, you inclusive. So how is he an idiot?

1 Like

(1) (2) (Reply)

How Is Osinbajo Not APC Candidate? Nigerians React To His Visit To US, VP Harris / List Of All Wike’s PDP Team That Pulled Out Of Atiku’s Presidential Team / Fani Kayode Lambast Peter Obi Called Him A Mannerless Duncs With Low Self Esteem

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 51
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.