Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,143,146 members, 7,780,083 topics. Date: Thursday, 28 March 2024 at 09:27 AM

What Happened After I Removed The Lies From My CV - Jobs/Vacancies (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Jobs/Vacancies / What Happened After I Removed The Lies From My CV (52985 Views)

Previous Company Sued Me To Court After I Got Another Job With A Company. / What Happened After I Lied On My CV / What I Did Yesterday After I Lost My Last N200 During Interview (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: What Happened After I Removed The Lies From My CV by Brandconsultany: 10:06pm On Jul 30, 2022
Mystery2020:
I have shared my experience here of how I got a job when I lied on my CV
I eventually resigned and decided to start afresh.

I got an invitation for interview at a small boutique in Ikoyi with a "clean" CV. The name of the company is A***** S****** A.M. limited. Their colour is green and orange.

The MD who is a governing member of a professional body told me to do something about my "honest" CV, that he does not like the gaps. He said I should go online to find templates. He repeated the same thing when I met with him again two months later. He did not employ me.

A month later, I applied for a job in the UK without any "CV" or satanic interview. All I submitted was a cover letter stating my educational background and skills. I was given some tasks as test and I got hired.

Is it a remote job?
Re: What Happened After I Removed The Lies From My CV by AlphaTaikun: 10:13pm On Jul 30, 2022
Mystery2020:

I got an invitation for interview at a small boutique in Ikoyi with a "clean" CV. The name of the company is A***** S****** A.M. limited. Their colour is green and orange.

The MD who is a governing member of a professional body told me to do something about my "honest" CV, that he does not like the gaps. He said I should go online to find templates. He repeated the same thing when I met with him again two months later. He did not employ me.

A month later, I applied for a job in the UK without any "CV" or satanic interview. All I submitted was a cover letter stating my educational background and skills. I was given some tasks as test and I got hired.
Interesting.
Re: What Happened After I Removed The Lies From My CV by Realbuzzing(m): 10:19pm On Jul 30, 2022
TollMind:
See for you to survive the Labour force now, you must be an Agba cooker, cook your CV and your profile on linkedin, that’s what we tech guys do, although we know what we’re doing we just spice it up to attract attention and it has payed many off

You are into tech?
Wow
What is your area exactly?
Re: What Happened After I Removed The Lies From My CV by Positiveminds(m): 10:25pm On Jul 30, 2022
Be careful about all these job outside Nigeria. Don't be a victim of organ harvest!
Re: What Happened After I Removed The Lies From My CV by Goldbw122(m): 10:44pm On Jul 30, 2022
If everyone remove the lies that is in his or her C. V, that means no one will have a job, so for Nigeria make we just rest.. everything in Nigeria is not original.. period just leave am like that.
Re: What Happened After I Removed The Lies From My CV by Dikegodspower(m): 11:16pm On Jul 30, 2022
Davies25:
Wow..
People with half baked stories Sha...

No mind dem.him think say we can't think or we be dullard like buhari

1 Like

Re: What Happened After I Removed The Lies From My CV by Holluwhakemmy(f): 11:20pm On Jul 30, 2022
I beg show us the way now.
Re: What Happened After I Removed The Lies From My CV by Nobody: 12:28am On Jul 31, 2022
Davies25:
Wow..
People with half baked stories Sha...

Real half baked !

1 Like

Re: What Happened After I Removed The Lies From My CV by Nobody: 1:02am On Jul 31, 2022
Regex:

You got job in UK without cv, na lie. Tarh mechie onu

Most don't need your CV. What they need is your portfolio. What you have done in the field you are seeking job.
Re: What Happened After I Removed The Lies From My CV by texannaija: 1:05am On Jul 31, 2022
Mystery2020:

You know as e dey go naaaa!!.
Re: What Happened After I Removed The Lies From My CV by Regex: 4:03am On Jul 31, 2022
LollySeaSide:

It's possible.
In fact very possible.
A lot of companies, especially in the tech sphere do not ask what you studied in the university or who and who you've worked for.
They are interested in what you can do do for them.
I once met with the CEO of a tech coy in Lagos and he asked me to tell him about myself. I went on and on brandishing my education and how I have attended several ProDev courses, how I can lead a team and how I can work under pressure, my excellent time management skills and my great IPR skills.
The man just laughed.
Then he asked me, "what can you do for us, sir?" I was taken aback.
I didn't even know what to say.
Noticing my dilemma, he said it's ok. That I should relax.
He went on to tell me that serious tech firms don't care whether you have five PhDs in InfoTech.
You are useless to them if you can't solve a problem for them.
Besides, the guy said he submitted a cover letter which more than enough to tell prospective employers what you want them to know about you.

Listen, if you have your cv, and it is clear and informed you have passed half your interview.
What document will the company store in your profile if not your cv being the major one? Abeg sit down. And you are talking of UK that do not play documentation. FYI I live and work in the UK.i have gone through a lot of job application. If he said they skipped interview I will believe because I have started some jobs without interview and believe me those jobs are crappy and never straight forward but they requested for my cv.
Re: What Happened After I Removed The Lies From My CV by Regex: 4:04am On Jul 31, 2022
Thanksful:

Most don't need your CV. What they need is your portfolio. What you have done in the field you are seeking job.

Is portfolio not another form of cv?
Re: What Happened After I Removed The Lies From My CV by Regex: 4:05am On Jul 31, 2022
Mindlog:

I wonder o, I recently got a job here in the UK and was told before hand that while coming in for the in-person interview, I should come with hard copies of my qualifications as stated in my CV and give them the official email addresses of my professional references outside the UK

The essence of cv for the British people is to hold your responsible for and at your job.
Re: What Happened After I Removed The Lies From My CV by Nobody: 6:07am On Jul 31, 2022
That's the soul of your CV, remove it and your CV will DOA.
Re: What Happened After I Removed The Lies From My CV by gregng(m): 6:11am On Jul 31, 2022
People will Just wake up and put up a lie... The honest CV is the dangerous lie u are spreading... Foolish people sef they read.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Nigeria Police Releases List Of Shortlisted Candidates For 2019 Recruitment / I Was Asked To Pay N300k Plus "Spreading Legs" For UNICAL Job Offer - Lady Says / Airtel Nigeria Early Career Recruitment Programme 2019

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 31
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.