Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,143,456 members, 7,781,314 topics. Date: Friday, 29 March 2024 at 12:20 PM

Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 - Travel (1153) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 (1179255 Views)

Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 21 / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 20 / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (1150) (1151) (1152) (1153) (1154) (1155) (1156) ... (1317) (Go Down)

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by dtrixna01: 7:09am On Jun 02, 2023
Good morning guys. I just got a call to come collect my tax clearance by 12. Took 4days. If you need same service you can message me. I’ll send you my Instagram, not scamming anyone just helping.

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by Gentlesoul3268: 8:00am On Jun 02, 2023
How much ? How many years?

dtrixna01:
Good morning guys. I just got a call to come collect my tax clearance by 12. Took 4days. If you need same service you can message me. I’ll send you my Instagram, not scamming anyone just helping.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by Terminalia(f): 8:03am On Jun 02, 2023
Hello guys, i was served hot breakfast yesterday😥😥😥😥. Pls i need all the help i can get, reason for refusal is insufficient asset and financials. I applied with my hubby and son and we have enough fund required by IRCC. Gurus in the house, pls help. I would like to refire.

Terminalia:
Good evening house, I submitted my family application on the 14th of May and there has been no update since then. My hubby and I had done biometrics in February 2020 for a visit visa, although we were denied. They have only updated our biometrics number. How soon can I start tracking our application? Thank you
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by Gentlesoul3268: 8:11am On Jun 02, 2023
I'm waiting PPR to drop for my visitor visa since 2021, gotten Bvl on April 29 2023 and visa number on tracker since May1 2023.

Now I wanted to submit application for my study permit this month, I hope it won't affect my visitor application? Can I apply with the same portal I used for my visitor visa or can I open another email and new portal?

Lastly is it the same UCI I used for visitor application that I will use for study permit?

Please advise me !!!! big bro & and big sis in the house

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by Olumain4: 8:13am On Jun 02, 2023
Hello everyone, kindly help solve this issue.
My sponsor gifted me all my first year expenses (tuition + other expenses)
1. What is the duration of the bank account statement I should print for study permit?.
2. Will zero opening balance affect my study permit grant

My reason for asking is because the account is a savings account which had few or no transaction in last 2 months until the gifts.

3. Is less than a month duration okay?

3. Is it necessary to pay part of my school fee to increase study permit grant chances?

I appreciate if i can get several response and suggestion from everyone. Thank you.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by daisy1(f): 8:23am On Jun 02, 2023
I submitted since March 30
I did upfront medicals and I did my biometrics since April 5.
Are there other people like me who are yet to get feedback?

I have sent webforms and Email and I got a generic response of how applications take time. I am supposed to enrol for classes, deadline is August 4, I am just tired.

My eligibility started since April 2nd!
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by CindyByFine(f): 8:24am On Jun 02, 2023
Lol.....Pele.
Funny enough, me too. I don weak but at this point, I am laughing....it hurts so much that I don't even know what to do.

I submitted for myself and 2 dependents, 20M naira and 8,000 USD with a Job that has annual salary of N10,000,000 and there are conversations to keep working remotely as I have for the past 7months now.

Abeg, who will help me review my SOP, as I intend to resubmit soon.

Terminalia:
Hello guys, i was served hot breakfast yesterday😥😥😥😥. Pls i need all the help i can get, reason for refusal is insufficient asset and financials. I applied with my hubby and son and we have enough fund required by IRCC. Gurus in the house, pls help. I would like to refire.

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by jarule1977(m): 8:27am On Jun 02, 2023
Congratulations, kindly share the email address you sent your updated medical sheet to

beccadamilola:

UPDATE

Okay long post alert!!!!

Timeline......
I had help from a family friend with first application
First application submitted January 20 - Biometrics done Jan 30 and updated same day
Jan 30 background check started
Then the wait started until Feb 18 - application refused
Same day I applied for CIBC notes but got it on March 16 ( 2 days before I reapplied because I add already given up on the notes and decided to reapply)
Refusal reason - source of funds and the officer was not satisfied that the proposed study will be a reasonable expenses (lol all this VO sef)

Used an Agent for the second
Second application submitted - March 18 ( a month after refusal coincidence actually because network delayed payment since 15th around when naira was going crazy and banks misbehaving)
No biometrics since I had already done it
Then I waited for like forever omo.... When I saw that my application was about 3 days to 7 weeks I couldn't wait anymore so I sent webform to remind them that I haven't gotten a decision
I sent webform on 2nd of May and got automatic response
Medical Request - May 5
I had already submitted upfront medicals in March so I messaged IOM they didn't reply my emails for like 2 weeks omo I vexed and went to their office on 22nd to complain they replied my email same day with my updated e-medical sheet
I had already sent different emails to IRCC within the weeks I was contacting IOM I fraustrated IOM lol
May 22 I resent email and webform(I don't know which was faster) to IRCC with my updated e-medical
PPR - May 27 (Children's day gift lol)

Documents....
Applicant:
1st Application
Application form
All other necessary forms
Questionnaire
Admission letter/LOA (Centennial college)
Deposit receipt
Waec results
Bsc Certificate
Int'l Passport data page
Birth certificate
Nin slip
Statement of purpose - wrote it as a letter this time

Sponsor:
Int'l Passport data page
Visa pages
Landed property - about 3
CAC document - only submitted Certificate of incorporation
POF and statement of account about 27m

Second application:
Same document as first application
Reconstructed SOP - added sections so it's easier to read
Added resume - even though I'm not working but I'm taking an internship so I guess it's still relevant
Transcript
Nysc callup letter and PPA letter - because I haven't gotten my certificate yet
Biometrics validity - since I had already done biometrics before
Upfront medicals
Full CAC documents
Some receipts of sponsor's business
sponsor's business card
Pictures of landed property
No survey - there was no time to find it so we move
Paid part of first semester tuition and added the receipt to back deposit payment
Police character certificate - my agent insisted I do it but then later I saw in my CIBC notes that It passed before - I was pained sha

I think that's everything even though I used an Agent I already knew most of these things so I technically did it myself lol and I wrote my SOP myself took days even weeks lol but I tried to make it as explanatory as possible
I also deferred my program from May to January.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by angie88: 8:32am On Jun 02, 2023
Am xoxo sry😭. Who was d sponsor, how much was in acc and was there any unexplained lumpsum
Terminalia:

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by nnamdi346: 8:39am On Jun 02, 2023
Hi guys, I received a correspondence letter my application today. Please what does it mean?
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by CindyByFine(f): 8:40am On Jun 02, 2023
It means a decision has been reached on your application.

Good luck... Fingers crossed!
nnamdi346:
Hi guys, I received a correspondence letter my application today. Please what does it mean?
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by Cannyboy: 8:43am On Jun 02, 2023
Partianing to your visitor's visa it will surely drop,also submitting sp will never affect the vv,concernin the Portal to use you decide on yourself which to use depending on the size of doc you are submitting.so concernin the uci is the same.goodluck
Gentlesoul3268:
I'm waiting PPR to drop for my visitor visa since 2021, gotten Bvl on April 29 2023 and visa number on tracker since May1 2023.

Now I wanted to submit application for my study permit this month, I hope it won't affect my visitor application? Can I apply with the same portal I used for my visitor visa or can I open another email and new portal?

Lastly is it the same UCI I used for visitor application that I will use for study permit?

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by Terminalia(f): 8:53am On Jun 02, 2023
Thank you. hubby is my sponsor and he travelled school fees balance and living expenses for my son and i into my account. he moved the fund between 2 weeks before i submitted. i explained that the fund was for my hubby, for my schl fees balance and living expense. he also transferred some of the fund from his business account and i got a reference letter from the bank that he is the sole signatory to the account.

angie88:
Am xoxo sry😭. Who was d sponsor, how much was in acc and was there any unexplained lumpsum
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by zubizareta(m): 8:55am On Jun 02, 2023
Gentlesoul3268:

Had same experience with you. Was waiting for my visit Visa approval and I submitted my study permit application.
So answers are:
1. No it wouldn't affect. Submit with same portal for any application you ever want to do as long as it's Canada

2. Yes it's same UCI. Actually I wasn't sure so I didn't fill any UCI for my second application but when the application was submitted, I realized it was same UCI
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by Terminalia(f): 8:55am On Jun 02, 2023
seriously, its frustrating. pls i need help as i cant even think right now.

CindyByFine:
Lol.....Pele.
Funny enough, me too. I don weak but at this point, I am laughing....it hurts so much that I don't even know what to do.

I submitted for myself and 2 dependents, 20M naira and 8,000 USD with a Job that has annual salary of N10,000,000 and there are conversations to keep working remotely as I have for the past 7months now.

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by Ayodeji786: 9:01am On Jun 02, 2023
[quote author=Zeema123 post=123521223][/quote]

Thank you Zeema.

Did your eligibility review started same day you got your approval or it started earlier before the approval?
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by Dessymond394: 9:05am On Jun 02, 2023
Did you submit your husband business document like tax clearance certificate,CAC document, did you add any of your husband landed property documents? Did you add transaction receipts from his business which act as proof that your husband busines is functioning and also Make sure your husband explains what his business is about? What type of business he is into, also submit your husband business card[quote
Terminalia:
Thank you. hubby is my sponsor and he travelled school fees balance and living expenses for my son and i into my account. he moved the fund between 2 weeks before i submitted. i explained that the fund was for my hubby, for my schl fees balance and living expense. he also transferred some of the fund from his business account and i got a reference letter from the bank that he is the sole signatory to the account.

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by angie88: 9:05am On Jun 02, 2023
Try and explain the source of fund of the sponsor. With enof receipts and invoices.
Terminalia:

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by zubizareta(m): 9:12am On Jun 02, 2023
CindyByFine:
Lol.....Pele.

I can help you review your SOP.

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by Terminalia(f): 9:13am On Jun 02, 2023
Thank you. I added his CAC docs, his personal MBS, bank ref letter, valuation report of our house and car papers. i did not attach transaction receipts but i explained what my hubby's business is about. hubby is into engineering services and he has a vendorship agreement with a bank, vendorship letter was attached.

Dessymond394:
Did you submit your husband business document like tax clearance certificate,CAC document, did you add any of your husband landed property documents? Did you add transaction receipts from his business which act as proof that your husband busines is functioning and also Make sure your husband explains what his business is about? What type of business he is into, also submit your husband business card
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by Terminalia(f): 9:15am On Jun 02, 2023
i explained o, to the best of my ability. im wondering, could the issue be that the he transferred the fund two weeks to the time i submitted my application? he moved funds from his company to his personal acct and then to me.
angie88:
Try and explain the source of fund of the sponsor. With enof receipts and invoices.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by angie88: 9:19am On Jun 02, 2023
Am xoxo sry. But did ur eligibility start b4 d refusal
CindyByFine:
Lol.....Pele.

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by jarule1977(m): 9:19am On Jun 02, 2023
Hello house please want to know the purpose of these 2 phases in the student visa application: Eligibility and Background verification. Also, what does it mean if you have Background verification in progress and Eligibility Not started for 3 weeks and today Eligibility is in progress
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by Olumain4: 9:27am On Jun 02, 2023
1. What is the duration of the bank account statement I should print for study permit?.

My reason for asking is because the account is a savings account which had few or no transaction in last 2 months until the gifts.

3. Is it necessary to pay part of my school fee to increase study permit grant chances?

I appreciate if i can get several response and suggestion from everyone. Thank you.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by Xavier70s: 9:27am On Jun 02, 2023
dtrixna01:
I need it for my form A. Thank you
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by zubizareta(m): 9:35am On Jun 02, 2023
jarule1977:
Hello house please want to know the purpose of these 2 phases in the student visa application: Eligibility and Background verification. Also, what does it mean if you have Background verification in progress and Eligibility Not started for 3 weeks and today Eligibility is in progress

Sometimes they update these stuffs late. A decision could have been made and progressed to medical stage and your info will still be reading background check in progress and Eligibility not started

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by Dessymond394: 9:42am On Jun 02, 2023
Hello bro.. according to the Canada immigration you need atleast 4months bank statement and you said the account has not been active and it has not taken in any money in the past 2months, in my own opinion that may be a RED flag.. why not use an account that has been active atleast active for the past one month.
Olumain4:

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by Dessymond394: 9:53am On Jun 02, 2023
When applying next add transaction receipts 2 or more , add his tax clearance certificate add his business ID card.. and also your husband should should be the one to explain about his business himself in his support letter for you... order your GCMS note that's the best way to be sure of your exact refusal reason
Terminalia:
Thank you. I added his CAC docs, his personal MBS, bank ref letter, valuation report of our house and car papers. i did not attach transaction receipts but i explained what my hubby's business is about. hubby is into engineering services and he has a vendorship agreement with a bank, vendorship letter was attached.

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by CindyByFine(f): 10:01am On Jun 02, 2023
Not at all oh.
It just drop....woke up to the breakfast.

angie88:
Am xoxo sry. But did ur eligibility start b4 d refusal
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by Fantabulous100: 10:08am On Jun 02, 2023
Good morning everyone ...
Thank y'all for a great work you guys are rendering for free..God blessings be upon y'all.

Please, l have a question in applying for family application , one of the spouse on study permit the other on SOWP which is best application for child of 6yrs VISITOR VISA OR STUDY PERMIT.

Please,, l need help oooo @all the gurus in da house.
Many thanks
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by CindyByFine(f): 10:09am On Jun 02, 2023
Thank you so much.
Reaching out to you via email now.
zubizareta:

I can help you review your SOP.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by Gentlesoul3268: 10:20am On Jun 02, 2023
Thanks very much zubizareta, do you use new portal?

zubizareta:

Had same experience with you. Was waiting for my visit Visa approval and I submitted my study permit application.
So answers are:
1. No it wouldn't affect. Submit with same portal for any application you ever want to do as long as it's Canada

2. Yes it's same UCI. Actually I wasn't sure so I didn't fill any UCI for my second application but when the application was submitted, I realized it was same UCI

(1) (2) (3) ... (1150) (1151) (1152) (1153) (1154) (1155) (1156) ... (1317)

General Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa Through Skilled Migration. / Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 6 / General Australian Student Visa Enquiries Part 3

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 69
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.