Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,143,505 members, 7,781,544 topics. Date: Friday, 29 March 2024 at 04:38 PM

Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 - Travel (15) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 (1179366 Views)

Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 21 / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 20 / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (12) (13) (14) (15) (16) (17) (18) ... (1317) (Go Down)

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by pean06: 9:29am On Aug 03, 2022
235 CAD 183.95 USD

Euegene100001:
Pls is Canada study permit application fee in Canadian dollar or US dollar ($150)

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by 2pretty4u(f): 9:29am On Aug 03, 2022
Kolajero:
Please those who applied as a family, how do we book a biometric appointment with VFS as a family.

They sent the Biometric Collection Letter to the primary applicant only and the IRCC Number on the letter is just one. But when I was trying to book an appointment as a family of three, they were requesting for the IRCC Number of the other two people. I tried using the only one on the letter but it was showing an error message that the number has been used by the primary applicant and I should supply another one.

Please, guide me as I don't want to guess and then make a mistake.

Each family member older than 14years will be given a biometric collection letter. You can't use the same collection letter to book appointment for everyone
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by Nikky6: 9:35am On Aug 03, 2022
bullstriker:
Int’l Passport
Letter of Introduction
School admission letter
ArriveCan Receipt
Proof of vaccination
Bank statement you used for your application

If you are wondering, you don’t need a transit visa.

What if MBS was used in this bank statement
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by Kolajero: 9:35am On Aug 03, 2022
2pretty4u:

Each family member older than 14years will be given a biometric collection letter. You can't use the same collection letter to book appointment for everyone

Thanks so much for your response. But still more clarifications.

1. My baby is just a year old, how do we book her own biometric appointment?

2. How long will it take to get the second biometric collection letter?

Thanks as I await your response.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by 2pretty4u(f): 9:40am On Aug 03, 2022
Kolajero:

Thanks so much for your response. But still more clarifications.

1. My baby is just a year old, how do we book her own biometric appointment?

2. How long will it take to get the second biometric collection letter?

Thanks as I await your response.

Your baby won't need biometrics, just you and your spouse.

The second letter will come in, mine came in 4hrs after my spouse's own.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by Ebite2000: 9:43am On Aug 03, 2022
Gurus, IRCC requested for additional documents which I have submitted weeks back. Does this mean they are currently working on it? Just want to be sure since my status has still not changed. Please.
2pretty4u:

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by Ghazali34(m): 9:44am On Aug 03, 2022
I was debited yesterday.

daezy22:
Most likely or a day early.

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by 2pretty4u(f): 9:46am On Aug 03, 2022
Ebite2000:
Gurus, IRCC requested for additional documents which I have submitted weeks back. Does this mean they are currently working on it? Just want to be sure since my status has still not changed. Please.

For them to request for additional documents means they are working on it. I wish you all the best and good news soonest.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by Ebite2000: 9:48am On Aug 03, 2022
Thank you so much for your response. I will halt on sending further emails at this time. Thank you again
2pretty4u:

For them to request for additional documents means they are working on it. I wish you all the best and good news soonest.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by Euegene100001: 9:53am On Aug 03, 2022
pean06:
235 CAD 183.95 USD

Thank you
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by Kolajero: 9:56am On Aug 03, 2022
2pretty4u:

Your baby won't need biometrics, just you and your spouse.

The second letter will come in, mine came in 4hrs after my spouse's own.

Thanks so much.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by amila20042001: 10:00am On Aug 03, 2022
it's in CAD
Euegene100001:

Pls someone help me out
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by Laborah(f): 10:34am On Aug 03, 2022
Thomsyne:

Pretty easy. Go to https://mymedical.iom.int/apps/omas/#_frmHome or https://www.qlifefamilyclinic.com/cim-terms-and-conditions.

Follow the steps to book. Once you select a date, make payment at least 3 days before. Go there with your passport, appointment booking and payment receipt printout on that day.

They will give you a slip there. After medicals are done, you can upload the slip via webform or/and emails.

Thanks �� I’ve gotten appointment for 4th but I’ve not made payment please which bank

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by Anon123: 10:43am On Aug 03, 2022
Silas12345:
Please help me my application is now 13 months and I never get a decision, just eligibility review I'm tired already and don't even know what to do.

Try odering for your notes.

Sending mails to them might help too but you will always get the normal automated response

This is will best tell you what is the delay. The PFL, you received was for what please?
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by Anon123: 10:47am On Aug 03, 2022
Beeholar53:
Hello,

Please help. I ordered GCMS notes and it's over 30 days. what do you advise I do? I ordered it through gcmsonline is there an email I need to send?

Your only chance is to wait and keep disturbing the site. Mind you the site is a third party, so you mail them, they mail ircc for you. It's not an anomaly if it has exceeded the 30days. I too face the same issue for persons I apply for though I use IRCC ATIP. So I send email reminders directly to IRCC.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by olufunbi(f): 10:48am On Aug 03, 2022
You will download it from Playstore on your phone and fill it.You will also need to upload your data page and vaccination card there.Is one of the perequisites to travel to Canada.

quote author=Chiziteremary post=115336074]Goodmorning all.

@Bullstriker pls how does one get the ArriveCan. What is arrivecan all about?

[/quote]
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by Anon123: 10:54am On Aug 03, 2022
Chrxs:
Hello everyone,
My wife got an admission for MBA, we have been advised that she apply alone for study visa as applying together as a dependent is usually not successful, but we have a baby of 7 months and it will not be easy traveling alone with the baby. Please has anyone had a similar situation, and how best can we proceed?
Secondly if she should apply alone with the baby , what kind of visa will the baby need and how do we apply for them both at the same time.
If they are successful when can I apply to join them on an open work visa and what are the chances of it been approved especially since we had earlier said I was not coming with them?
Please advise

You all can apply together, she applies for a study visa, you apply for an SOWP while your child applies for a visiting visa.

Nobody here can tell you what you chances are but if you are applying as a family, I will advice you do more work on your Hometies and also the financial backing you must show will be alot more since you are all going at the same time. People on this forum have been successful.

She can apply alone (study visa) with the child visiting while you also stay back and boost her hometies but she must have money for her fees, living expenses and additional $5000cad for the child. I'd they are successful, you can immediately apply for your own sowp but mind you an SOWP takes months 6-7months. Someone I applied for the wife in October got approved 28th July.

NB: Your chances of approval is based on how you package your application. I or anybody can not confirm your chances.

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by Anon123: 10:56am On Aug 03, 2022
Geerlings:
Hello please house can an applicant of 39years old working class use 2 sponsor's to submit application? First sponsor (brother in-law) in Nigeria with a dollar company account and the second sponsor in (Cousin In-law) Canada with RBC dollar personal account please I need a response to this coz is urgent

You can use any sponsor but you MUST demonstrate your relationship with them convinsing evidence.

These persons you mentioned are seen as third parties so you have to alot of work to prove you ties with them.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by Anon123: 10:58am On Aug 03, 2022
POPMATERIALS:

please, i will like to order my gcms through you..
i sent you nairaland email notification.
please reply.

I saw your mail.

I have responded
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by Anon123: 11:00am On Aug 03, 2022
hollawalexzy:
Good day great people,

I've had my visa denied twice to study web development in Conestoga college ontario

I was recently advised by an uncle to apply for a school in Manitoba or Saskatchewan provinces as these provinces gives PR to their immigrants quickly compared to Ontario.

But I've not been able to get a post graduate diploma course in computer science in either of this two.

The courses I'm seeing in Winnipeg and Manitoba are diploma courses, I wouldn't know if the VO will take Diploma courses in computer science very seriously

I would have opted for masters, but my result seems to make it impossible as I have just 2.7cgpa in my applied degree.

I'd appreciate our generous advise on what to do famz��‍♂️��‍♂️

What were you denial reasons?

What level of program was the web development?

You don't need to change schools. I will advise your apply for a gcms note to get a better understanding of the visa officer's concerj that led to the denial.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by bullstriker: 11:05am On Aug 03, 2022
Hi Chrxs,

Choose ‘Other’ and explain that the baby is accompanying the parents. As for the address, you can use the address of the school or where you intend to stay when you arrive in Canada.

If you are applying to come to Canada for the first time, you will not yet have a UCI. Moreover, the UCI field is not mandatory, so you can leave it blank.

I recommend your spouse apply together with the baby.

Chrxs:

thanks @ bullstriker for your response

I tried applying a visit visa for our baby after indicating we are applying as a group but got stuck.
There is no option for an applicant to invite his child or spouse on a visit visa, the only similar option see is for a temporary resident to do so.
However, it requires you fill out your address and other contact details in Canada which she doesn't have as she is not yet a temporary resident with student permit.

I further went ahead to try a study visa for baby but got stuck again where UCI number was required of the parent and she doesn't have that yet since we have not applied before.

Can anyone help out , the application has already been delayed due to this.

I called the representative at the University he advised my wife submit her application alone first and when she gets an approval , she then submits for her baby immediately and hopefully it will be granted before she travels.

I hope some has a better option for us please.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by Bibianna1: 11:09am On Aug 03, 2022
Good morning
I got my PPR this morning. Thank God and I wish you all the best. I'm an April 14th Applicant.

55 Likes

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by bullstriker: 11:10am On Aug 03, 2022
@Olufunbi has already answered you. Here's the link to download it
https://www.canada.ca/en/border-services-agency/services/arrivecan.html
Chiziteremary:
Goodmorning all.

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by Anon123: 11:12am On Aug 03, 2022
Bibianna1:
Good morning
I got my PPR this morning. Thank God and I wish you all the best. I'm an April 14th Applicant.

Congratulations.

Did you get correspondence update before the PPR dropped?

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by Chiziteremary: 11:13am On Aug 03, 2022
Many thanks olufunbi. I appreciate

olufunbi:
You will download it from Playstore on your phone and fill it.You will also need to upload your data page and vaccination card there.Is one of the perequisites to travel to Canada.

quote author=Chiziteremary post=115336074]Goodmorning all.

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by bullstriker: 11:16am On Aug 03, 2022
You can print the statement. However, CBSA officers don’t usually ask for it.
Nikky6:

What if MBS was used in this bank statement

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by Tymally: 11:16am On Aug 03, 2022
Bibianna1:
Good morning

News like this dey sweet my belle, congratulations. More to come ooo

3 Likes

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by Chiziteremary: 11:18am On Aug 03, 2022
Congrats, may the land of Canada favour u in Jesus name

Bibianna1:
Good morning

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by 2pretty4u(f): 11:18am On Aug 03, 2022
Bibianna1:
Good morning

Congratulations, mine is next

3 Likes

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by amila20042001: 11:22am On Aug 03, 2022
Congratulations, mine is next IJN, Amen!
Bibianna1:
Good morning

3 Likes

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by bullstriker: 11:22am On Aug 03, 2022
Any contact for affordable police clearance cert
2pretty4u:

Congratulations, mine is next
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by MJ1000: 11:22am On Aug 03, 2022
Congratulations smiley
It is my turn to testify.

Bibianna1:
Good morning

4 Likes 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) ... (12) (13) (14) (15) (16) (17) (18) ... (1317)

General Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa Through Skilled Migration. / Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 6 / General Australian Student Visa Enquiries Part 3

Viewing this topic: Bayo2024 and 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 47
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.