Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,551 members, 7,809,018 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 09:09 PM

Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 - Travel (207) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 (1210913 Views)

Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 21 / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 20 / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (204) (205) (206) (207) (208) (209) (210) ... (1317) (Go Down)

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by Frankrobbn1: 10:24pm On Sep 11, 2022
Davidtown:
Hello everyone is there anyone trying to apply for Nova Scotia community College or Holland college,

I want to study Architectural technology, I need advice or someone we can update together on this journey
You can comment or email davidtosin52@gmail.com

��‍��God bless you

Why a College Diploma when you've a degree ? This doesn't show career progression and as such the visa officer will have the impression that you're using study permit as a means to facilitate relocation to Canada rather than educational advancement - considering the cost of living and tuition in the aforementioned institutions.

It will end in praise
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by Frankrobbn1: 10:34pm On Sep 11, 2022
ActivatedDreams:
Please is there any affordable 1yr PGD programs for a graduate in Electrical and Electronic Engineering. Tho I graduated with a 2.1 but I’m interested in going for a pdg in order to have an hands on experience.

I have come to realise from my good working knowledge in handling Canadian immigration matters that applying for visa with cheap institutions often leads to visa refusals. On a scale of ten candidates who applied with cheap schools in regions like Novia Scotia and Prince Edward Island, it might be only two from the 10 that will be approved. I have taken time to monitor this ill treatment by the visa officers, hence I came about this statistics. In most cases, applicants going for top schools with expensive tuition doesn't struggle so hard to get visas... These are in the likes of University Canada West, Conestoga College, University of Ottawa, Fanshawe College, University of Toronto etc.

It will end in praise

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by Bobomaigida: 10:36pm On Sep 11, 2022
Cannywaka:
OK but I have used part of my POF to pay tuition for the new school I secured. I have also requested refund from the former school. Please how will I adress this in my LOE, because it's gonna look like I have tampered with my POF,. What if I don't send an updated SOA?

If I understand correctly, you still have an application in process but you have gotten another admission to another school? Or your application was refused and you want to reapply?
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by Virocrix: 10:38pm On Sep 11, 2022
So help us God �
#UOttawa

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by Frankrobbn1: 10:45pm On Sep 11, 2022
Betterlife30:
Pease, if someone requested for my bank statement from the bank for visa application from April to September for example, will the VO be able to see previous months transactions when they login into the account to check or they will only see the transactions between April to September?

Please, someone should answer my question biko. E jor, I dey beg ni. Anyone wey know the answer should please reply. Thank you

Please be properly guided that the visa officer doesn't have access to view the transactions outside the stipulated timeframe (April to September) you gave to them.. The essence of the mybank statement certificate is for the officer to verify your bank statement at ease without contacting your financial institution.

I hope this answers your enquiry.

It will end in praise

2 Likes

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by Frankrobbn1: 10:48pm On Sep 11, 2022
hayormy2010:
Needed some help house; my lil brother is aspiring to apply for a two yrs diploma in CA; okanagan or fleming college precisely.... He's using Neco frm 2014 and he's 25yrs old R N; fund not the constrain...
I'd be glad if anyone could share more light on his eligibility; thanks...

He should use his Registered Nursing certificate instead of the NECO certificate which he obtained since 2014. Why I suggested him using the RN certificate is because it will be easier for his story to scale through as he won't have much study gaps to explain to the officer. You can also check- Niagara College, they offer something related.

It will end in praise

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by Femioye337(m): 10:50pm On Sep 11, 2022
Hello.. please how do I track my passport from VFS?

Plus when or how will I get the LOI that everyone talks about ??

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by Geerlings: 10:58pm On Sep 11, 2022
Frankrobbn1:

Deed of Assignments between you and the purchaser as well as land receipts and Survey Plan. These documents would suffice to prove the source of the large deposit.

It will end in praise

Please do you mean a survey plan between me and the purchaser
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by Frankrobbn1: 10:59pm On Sep 11, 2022
TomisinFemi:
If one's course is for one year but was given two years visa. How many years PGWP does the person qualify for?

The length of your visa is not a determinative factor for the duration of your PGWP. Thus, if your program duration is one year, IRCC will issue you a 1 year PGWP. Should you want to be qualified for three years PGWP, you may have to enrol for another course and at the completion you will be granted 3yrs PGWP.

It will end in praise

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by daezy22: 11:01pm On Sep 11, 2022
Hi Sammy, you made a post earlier and I gave you a detailed response based on what you explained.
You’ve repeatedly asked the same questions and it can lead you to make mistakes.
If I’m right, you said you are in Abuja and that’s where you did your biometrics. Then why are you still adding transmission fee of 9410 as opposed to paying for only sms fee-990?
I knowingly edited that part before sharing with you what you needed to do.
Anyways I hope you’ve submitted your passport now?

sammyfrance23:
Good morning everyone
Please I need your help on this.
Because I’m confused
When I’m making payment for transmission fee
Can I pay via mobile bank app and then submit screenshots for prove of payment or i have to go to the bank?

And am I paying the sms fee to the same bank?

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by kemmytino(f): 11:04pm On Sep 11, 2022
Furnished 1 bedroom unit in a newly renovated 4 bedroom house available for short/long stay at a prime location in Brampton.
5mins drive to train station and 3mins walk to bus stop. 5 mins drive to major grocery store and banks. 6mins drive to Sheridan College. Single female student/professional only. Thanks
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by Femioye337(m): 11:05pm On Sep 11, 2022
Bro if one did his biometrics in Lagos and still wants to submit passport to Lagos, do you also have to pay for sms fee ??
daezy22:
Hi Sammy, you made a post earlier and I gave you a detailed response based on what you explained.
You’ve repeatedly asked the same questions and it can lead you to make mistakes.
If I’m right, you said you are in Abuja and that’s where you did your biometrics. Then why are you still adding transmission fee of 9410 as opposed to paying for only sms fee-990?
I knowingly edited that part before sharing with you what you needed to do.
Anyways I hope you’ve submitted your passport now?

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by Frankrobbn1: 11:05pm On Sep 11, 2022
Geerlings:

Please do you mean a survey plan between me and the purchaser

You can use the old survey plan of the land since getting a new survey may delay the submission of your immigration application.

It will end in praise
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by Tynn4: 11:12pm On Sep 11, 2022
I requested for tuition refund from the same college for my son too. From the information they gave me when I inquired about the EI code and SIN, they said it's for official use. Just fill the part for the Student and fill the required information. Then leave the part for EI and etc for official use. Try to fill the refund form and email to the address stated in the form before September 16, because that's the deadline for asking for Tution refund and getting it back 100%. Note that the application fee and confirmation fee is non-refundable please.

AbionaT:
Please I need help
I want to apply for school fees REFUND at NEW BRUNSWICK COMMUNITY COLLEGE
They ask of social insurance number and EI code which I don't have.
Please if you have filled a refund form before now help me in the name of God.

Please help me out oooo.

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by daezy22: 11:20pm On Sep 11, 2022
Yes.

Femioye337:
Bro if one did his biometrics in Lagos and still wants to submit passport to Lagos, do you also have to pay for sms fee ??
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by HEADYWORLD: 11:22pm On Sep 11, 2022
Frankrobbn1:

You can use the old survey plan of the land since getting a new survey may delay the submission of your immigration application.

It will end in praise
hello @frankrobbn1
I sent your company an enquiry mail and also fill the enquiry form since last week, I am yet to receive any feedback. Any other way to contact you sir
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by Nouser: 11:23pm On Sep 11, 2022
Good evening gurus in the house, am a 300lvl student from one of the school currently on strike, have think it through and am thinking of focusing on studying at Brandon university, Canada. Currently I have 1.2m in account and I intend on starting work this month, to gather more fund, and am also good in popular online business which serve as other source of income for me, I plan on getting my International passport next month, and also process admission first quarter of next year and if by God grace I'm given admission to Brandon I intend on starting my study visa processing then as well after getting enough fund,
NOTE- it's self sponsoring

I did neco in 2016 and my result is good except for e8 in marketing
Please any advice from the gurus in the house, I forgot to include my age, am 23, haven't chosen a course yet, am a physiology student though am studying medical course but am very well talented in tech am a full stack developer and work on Fiverr while In school before the strike. But am thinking of pursuing this programming dream of mine and to be base in tech finally.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by Femioye337(m): 11:26pm On Sep 11, 2022
Ohh shit... I didn’t pay the sms fee because I was told I didn’t need to do that since my biometrics was in Lagos and I’m also send to Lagos.

Please what can I do ??
daezy22:
Yes.

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by olowoba2: 11:34pm On Sep 11, 2022
Ayonz:
I used Mpower

I have noticed generally that people who have good proof of funds tend to have their applications processed quicker and are most likely going to get a visa approval.

I know people who applied since May but are yet to receive a decision while some applied in June/July with solid proof of funds that have received PPR.

The most important factor for getting Canadian study permit is proof of funds. Else, go really prepared with all the right documentations / back-ups as well as a solid SOP indicating why you would come back after your studies.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by daezy22: 11:41pm On Sep 11, 2022
Hi Femi, if your passport wasn’t returned within 24-48hrs of submission then it will most likely get stamped. It’s just advisable to pay, so as to prevent it from being rejected.
But if you want to play it safe, you can pay and send the receipt to them via email (I don’t know how effective this is, it’s just a suggestion).

Femioye337:
Ohh shit... I didn’t pay the sms fee because I was told I didn’t need to do that since my biometrics was in Lagos and I’m also send to Lagos.

Please what can I do ??
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by robincolly: 11:44pm On Sep 11, 2022
Please if your application is approved and you are requested to submit your passport, does it mean the visa will be granted?

Please someone who is experience should update me.

Thanks
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by favourdamsel: 11:47pm On Sep 11, 2022
Please house , as a married woman, can I use only my mother as my sponsor. Hope it will not be a red flag if I don't include my hubby as a co sponsor.

@ Frank and my nairaland friends
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by Femioye337(m): 11:48pm On Sep 11, 2022
Okay

Thanks
daezy22:
Hi Femi, if your passport wasn’t returned within 24-48hrs of submission then it will most likely get stamped. It’s just advisable to pay, so as to prevent it from being rejected.
But if you want to play it safe, you can pay and send the receipt to them via email (I don’t know how effective this is, it’s just a suggestion).

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by GloriaBekee: 12:12am On Sep 12, 2022
Frankrobbn1:

Why a College Diploma when you've a degree ? This doesn't show career progression and as such the visa officer will have the impression that you're using study permit as a means to facilitate relocation to Canada rather than educational advancement - considering the cost of living and tuition in the aforementioned institutions.

It will end in praise
Frankrobbn please I sent you a dm,, abeg accept o
Thank you
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by AbionaT(f): 12:30am On Sep 12, 2022
Bobomaigida:

Have you read their refund policy? How did you make the payment to them? Those things do not apply to you since you do not have them but the mode of transfer to them will determine how the funds will get back to you.

Thank you Bobomaigida.

I used paymytuition to pay the school fees through Form A.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by AbionaT(f): 12:33am On Sep 12, 2022
Tynn4:

I requested for tuition refund from the same college for my son too. From the information they gave me when I inquired about the EI code and SIN, they said it's for official use. Just fill the part for the Student and fill the required information. Then leave the part for EI and etc for official use. Try to fill the refund form and email to the address stated in the form before September 16, because that's the deadline for asking for Tution refund and getting it back 100%. Note that the application fee and confirmation fee is non-refundable please.

Thank you so much @ Tynn4
Please I want to ask how you sign the form for student signature and date.
Thank you.

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by AbionaT(f): 12:40am On Sep 12, 2022
PatrickOkunima:

After my second refusal, I requested a refund from NBCC. They didn't request for those details. There are three possibilities: Either there's a change in the refund requirement, you did not request through the right process, or the person that attended to you is making a mistake. Which is it?

@patrickOkunima,
I was asked to fill the from from student IT Portal, which I did.
Thank you.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by Cannywaka: 12:53am On Sep 12, 2022
Bobomaigida:

If I understand correctly, you still have an application in process but you have gotten another admission to another school? Or your application was refused and you want to reapply?
school revoked my offer due to visa delay, so I applied to another school, visa process ongoing
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by Ketima: 1:01am On Sep 12, 2022
favourdamsel:
Hello House, my friend wants to apply for visa. Her mum is her sponsor. her mum transferred 2 million naira to her daughter to pay tuition fees for 1st semester and 2nd term.
Please hope is safe if her mum leave the living expenses 10000cad money in the account. And do affidavit of support that mum will be committed in the living expenses for her daughter study in Canada.
please I need answers

Hello Favour,

Yes. it is always advised that sponsors show commitment by paying part or full tuition and to send atleast living expenses into the applicants account. So she is good to go. But then, let her do gift deed to back up the money sent to her, then sponsorship letter and declaration.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by Ketima: 1:05am On Sep 12, 2022
ybahrbz91:
Good Afternoon House.

To people in Saskatoon, How do you cope with WINTER. Any suggestion and advise will be appreciated.

I heard the Cold and Wind during winter is scary.

Hello,

Saskatoon is getting very cold by the morning and hot by afternoon. So don't bother buying winter cloth in Nigeria to be worn in saskatoon. If youre to come in during winter and have someoen on ground, let the person get you your winter jacket so you wear it as youre leaving the airport. it can be very very very cold in saskatoon. The temp can reach -50 (october 2021)

2 Likes

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by tudun: 1:26am On Sep 12, 2022
Not at all,if you are fully vaccinated
Amicableoga:
Please, those that have used Egypt air to enter Canada, did they ask you guys to do covid test in naija?

(1) (2) (3) ... (204) (205) (206) (207) (208) (209) (210) ... (1317)

General Australian Student Visa Enquiries Part 3 / Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 6 / Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 3

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 53
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.