Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,866 members, 7,802,797 topics. Date: Friday, 19 April 2024 at 09:44 PM

Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 - Travel (210) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 (1205412 Views)

Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 21 / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 20 / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (207) (208) (209) (210) (211) (212) (213) ... (1317) (Go Down)

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by sgj: 1:41pm On Sep 12, 2022
If your Biometric was done at VFS lagos and you are dropping your passport at same location, you will not need to pay anything.
But they will ask if you want sms service for 990 naira (optional)

Femioye337:
Please ooo... somebody should answer
Very urgent!!!!!!!

If one is sending his passport to vfs Lagos for stamping are you to pay any fee like sms/transmission fee

Note: biometrics done in Lagos
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by Nairalandboss: 1:43pm On Sep 12, 2022
Iamgrac:
Good day everyone, it's been almost four months since I applied for my visa and since then there hasn't been a single word from IRCC.
I've sent them thousands of mail but I still get generic responses, please what else can I do
I don't think there's anything you can do than wait
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by MamaBams: 1:43pm On Sep 12, 2022
One more thing please.
What's the process obtaining permit for US citizens?
Are your kids infants or older kids?

realmummy:
Good News oooooo my people!!!!!

July 14th applicant!

BVL dropped on Friday

PPR dropped today for I and my husband, my kids are US citizen

To God be the Glory.

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by Pace6: 1:46pm On Sep 12, 2022
Timaiko:

Thanks for responding. Yes, I am aware. I have seen from the digital photo (passport phot) instructions, that there is a need for the photographer to sign at the back of the of the photo. This is the reason why I asked if I am to scan both front and back of the passport photo and attach it to the digital photo section?

Please help.

I don’t think you need to sign behind the photograph, I’ve not heard of that. But let other people input their opinion.

Thanks, it will end in praise
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by Nairalandboss: 1:48pm On Sep 12, 2022
Quinex2:
It's 100% possible, considering how these profs hardly reply to cold emails. I'm a PhD student abroad so I know what I'm saying. Plus, I never said every professor indicates if he/she is actively recruiting or not. If you check my comment, you'd see I used "some".

I didn't quote you in error. I was only trying to let you know it isn't accurate to assume professors aren't replying his email because it lacked "good content". While that may be true, it's not the case more than 50% of the time.
I'm a PhD student. Not just abroad. In Canada. I think Gigdraft is very right and only helping the poster out. You can not be sending emails anyhow without the knowledge of the professors work. I wonder why you are attacking him though

During my application, professors would respond even when there's no vacancy they tell you. One woman even recommended me to her colleagues. So, this will not always be the case. You cannot be sending emails anyhow . If you are good. Professors might not respond but they will be on the minority

6 Likes

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by Luckyleon: 1:58pm On Sep 12, 2022
CharitoJames:

Did you say December 2020? Have you ordered for your notes? That’s a generic response not personally for your application… Have you been sending mails too? Most importantly… order for your notes

@charitojames
I’ve submitted my note since May, I’m still yet to get a response aswell.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by lolathegenie: 2:06pm On Sep 12, 2022
after the passport has been stamped
they’ll send a message to your email notifying you of a message about your application

Femioye337:
Hello.. please how do I track my passport from VFS?

Plus when or how will I get the LOI that everyone talks about ??
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by Nobody: 2:08pm On Sep 12, 2022
Nairalandboss:
I'm a PhD student. Not just abroad. In Canada. I think Gigdraft is only helping the poster out and he's correct. You can not be sending emails anyhow without the knowledge of the professors work. I wonder why you are attacking him for though

During my application, professors would respond even when there's no vacancy they tell you. One woman even recommended me to her colleagues. So, this will not always be the case. You cannot be sending emails anyhow . If you are good. Professors might not respond but they will be on the minority
Sorry, I wasn't attacking him. Only stated the obvious.

I tell you you're wrong to assume professors aren't replying emails only because it's not good enough.

No matter how well crafted your email is, if a professor doesn't need a student, he/she won't reply you. I hunted for scholarship for so long before I secured one so I'm not ignorant of what I'm saying.

In fact, the email that got me a potential supervisor wasn't one of my best. Yea, I'll encourage the other poster to improve his emails if need be. But that you are not getting the desired reply doesn't imply your emails are bad.

3 Likes

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by Nairalandboss: 2:10pm On Sep 12, 2022
Quinex2:
Sorry, I wasn't attacking him. Only stated the obvious.

I tell you you're wrong to assume professors aren't replying emails only because it's not good enough.

No matter how well crafted your email is, if a professor doesn't need a student, he/she won't reply you. I hunted for scholarship for so long before I secured one so I'm not ignorant of what I'm saying.

In fact, the email that got me a potential supervisor wasn't one of my best. Yea, I'll encourage the other poster to improve his emails if need be. But that you are not getting the desired reply doesn't imply your emails are bad.
The bolded shows you no nothing about what you're talking about. You got one but I got 3, so guess who knows better. And I doubt you are here. Are you even in Canada?

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by Femioye337(m): 2:12pm On Sep 12, 2022
Okay... thanks boss
sgj:
If your Biometric was done at VFS lagos and you are dropping your passport at same location, you will not need to pay anything.

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by Predator188: 2:34pm On Sep 12, 2022
Luckyleon:
Hello Nairalanders

I need your help concerning my Canadian student permit. I’ve applied for my application since December 2020, I’m still yet to get a final decision by the IRCC till date.

This was the last email I received from IRCC after submitting webforms:….

Thank you for contacting Immigration, Refugees and Citizenship Canada (IRCC).

We verified the information you provided and can confirm that your file is currently located at the Canadian visa office in Nairobi, Kenya.

Because of the specific nature of your enquiry, we invite you to contact them directly in order to:

-Submit a withdrawal request, if applicable,
-Report important changes,
-Provide documents,
-Obtain information regarding the status of your application, or
-Enquire on an outcome to a request.

Kindly suggest what I can do if anyone can help.
Thank you NL������ @makano

This looks like IRCC in Canada processing centre webform response ..
For enquiry use Ircc in Nairobi webform..
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by BoluwajiPieters: 2:40pm On Sep 12, 2022
Nairalandboss:
The bolded shows you no nothing about what you're talking about. You got one but I got 3, so guess who knows better. And I doubt you are here. Are you even in Canada?

I don't think she's entirely wrong. Some people I've written to didn't bother to get back to me while some were nice enough to acknowledge my interests and academic achievements but mentioned that there's no space in their research group. A PI mentioned on Twitter that she doesn't pay attention to graduate inquiries from students when her lab is full as she cannot reply everyone that asks for an Msc/PhD position in her lab.

It's very hard to get even a 50% response rate from all the mails you send these days. Grad school is becoming more competitive (as it's becoming the cheapest alternative for relocation purposes.) Irrespective of how good your mail is, if a PI is not looking for a new student, the best he can do is get back to you that he's not looking for new trainees. Majority of them will just ignore and move on.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by Iamgrac: 2:46pm On Sep 12, 2022
Good day everyone I just got an update from IRCC that there's an update on my application but when I logged in nothing changed.
I'm worried, is this bad?

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by Nairalandboss: 2:48pm On Sep 12, 2022
BoluwajiPieters:

I don't think she's entirely wrong. Some people I've written to didn't bother to get back to me while some were nice enough to acknowledge my interests and academic achievements but mentioned that there's no space in their research group. A PI mentioned on Twitter that she doesn't pay attention to graduate inquiries from students when her lab is full as she cannot reply everyone that asks for an Msc/PhD position in her lab.
The bolded proves she's entirely wrong. How can she say no supervisor will respond if they don't need students? That's a big lie. She's talking like she is a Supervisor herself. She's just a student who has only gotten 1 out of many acceptances. So why speak for all supervisors?

9 Likes

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by lilangel20: 2:50pm On Sep 12, 2022
It is ghost update
They are actively working on your file.
It is a good sign
Iamgrac:
Good day everyone I just got an update from IRCC that there's an update on my application but when I logged in nothing changed.

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by Nobody: 2:52pm On Sep 12, 2022
Nairalandboss:
All right. Good luck in deceiving yourself.

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by Nairalandboss: 2:55pm On Sep 12, 2022
Quinex2:
All right. Good luck in deceiving yourself.
I'm 100% you are not in Canada and you are shouting like you know all. I'm not deceiving myself. I got 3 assistantship. I chose the best out of 3, and by the grace of the almighty, my efforts is showing fruit. So I am not deceiving myself

8 Likes

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by Luckyleon: 3:21pm On Sep 12, 2022
Predator188:

This looks like IRCC in Canada processing centre webform response ..
For enquiry use Ircc in Nairobi webform..

I used the Nairobi webform.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by CharitoJames(f): 3:58pm On Sep 12, 2022
Luckyleon:

@charitojames
I’ve submitted my note since May, I’m still yet to get a response aswell.

You mean you’ve ordered for your notes?
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by CharitoJames(f): 3:59pm On Sep 12, 2022
Iamgrac:

It’s a ghost mail..
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by CreativePickle: 3:59pm On Sep 12, 2022
Hello!
I have 4 urgent questions
1. For schools that receive tuition through western Union global pay, how do I make payments?
2. If I use Form A, in the bank details, when asked for bank’s IBAN, what should input as Canada doesn’t use IBAN
3. Can I pay tuition with a domiciliary account like transfer
4. Has anyone attended university of Prince Edward Island
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by CharitoJames(f): 4:17pm On Sep 12, 2022
lilangel20:
It is ghost update
They are actively working on your file.
It is a good sign

Ghost mail not Ghost update..

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by Luckyleon: 4:25pm On Sep 12, 2022
CharitoJames:

You mean you’ve ordered for your notes?

Yes, I’ve ordered for my notes.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by olowoba2: 4:33pm On Sep 12, 2022
CreativePickle:
Hello!
I have 4 urgent questions
1. For schools that receive tuition through western Union global pay, how do I make payments?
2. If I use Form A, in the bank details, when asked for bank’s IBAN, what should input as Canada doesn’t use IBAN
3. Can I pay tuition with a domiciliary account like transfer
4. Has anyone attended university of Prince Edward Island
(1) The Western union will typically generate a payment instruction. The instruction will include Bank name, bank address, beneficiary name, etc as may be required
(2) Leave it blank. Fill as much details as required
(3) Of course

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by Predator188: 4:39pm On Sep 12, 2022
Luckyleon:

I used the Nairobi webform.
Do you mean this webform
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by GloriaBekee: 4:41pm On Sep 12, 2022
sgj:

please ooo , are mine to choose location (Abj/Lag) for my biometrics??
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by amila20042001: 4:41pm On Sep 12, 2022
Why are you guys in this thussle. These things are not cast on stone.

1st scenario : An applicant may send a very good cold email yet a professor who doesn't have funding may ignore the mail while another may respond that he doesn't have space for any student at the moment.

2nd scenario : An applicant may send not very good cold email to a professor who doesn't have need for a student, yet gets a response from the professor that he doesn't have any need for a student at the moment.

3rd Scenario : An applicant sends not very good cold email to a professor who has need for a student, but because the email is incoherent the professor may ignore the mail

So it actually could go either way.
So saying he didn't get response from the profs solely because his cold mails are not very good is a fallacy
Nairalandboss:

6 Likes

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by amila20042001: 5:06pm On Sep 12, 2022
Ur file is actively being worked on.
Have you been sending emails and webform? If yes, and how often?
Iamgrac:
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by Fredba: 5:09pm On Sep 12, 2022
I got this from ircc. for how long is this review going to last

Good day

Your file is under active review. You will be advised of the next steps or decision once the review is completed.

Regards,
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by Nairalandboss: 5:20pm On Sep 12, 2022
amila20042001:
Why are you guys in this thussle. These things are not cast on stone.

1st scenario : An applicant may send a very good cold email yet a professor who doesn't have funding may ignore the mail while another may respond that he doesn't have space for any student at the moment.

2nd scenario : An applicant may send not very good cold email to a professor who doesn't have need for a student, yet gets a response from the professor that he doesn't have any need for a student at the moment.

3rd Scenario : An applicant sends not very good cold email to a professor who has need for a student, but because the email is incoherent the professor may ignore the mail

So it actually could go either way.
So saying he didn't get response from the profs solely because his cold mails are not very good is a fallacy
Better go back and read my reply before saying what I didn't say. You people are just countering yourselves up and down. It's like you are all battling for who knows better than the other. Mr A will counter Mr B. Mr B will attack another person. Is this thread a marketplace or where we lift each other up? You didn't even read my comment before quoting me. What's all this? Lol

I told the woman that supervisors will not always ignore your email because they don't need students. And they'll most likely not respond if you don't have knowledge of their current research as Gigdraft said. And I used my case as an example. I am saying it again. If you know nothing about a supervisor's work, they will most likely not reply because you will sound so annoying . And I don't think you are qualified to argue with me if you are not doing a PhD program here. Not bragging. Just saying I can't be arguing what I am certain of

Nobody should quote me again because I am not ready for this negativity. I am too busy for that

7 Likes

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by Luckyleon: 5:28pm On Sep 12, 2022
Predator188:

Do you mean this webform

Yes, I did.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by amila20042001: 5:32pm On Sep 12, 2022
The tone of your message says so much about your personality.
Disabuse your mind that someone is here to attack you, free yourself from hate.
You can go back to where gigdraft made the comment and start reading, this time read slowly for better understanding.
One love!!!
Nairalandboss:
Better go back and read my reply before saying what I didn't say. You people are just countering yourselves up and down. It's like you are all battling for who knows better than the other. Mr A will counter Mr B. Mr B will attack another person. Is this thread a marketplace or where we lift each other up? You didn't even read my comment before quoting me. What's all this? Lol

I told the woman that supervisors will not always ignore your email because they don't need students. And they'll most likely not respond if you don't have knowledge of their current research as Gigdraft said. And I used my case as an example. I am saying it again. If you know nothing about a supervisor's work, they will most likely not reply because you will sound so annoying . And I don't think you are qualified to argue with me if you are not doing a PhD program here. Not bragging. Just saying I can't be arguing what I am certain of

Nobody should quote me again because I am not ready for this negativity. I am too busy for that

6 Likes

(1) (2) (3) ... (207) (208) (209) (210) (211) (212) (213) ... (1317)

General Australian Student Visa Enquiries Part 3 / Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 6 / Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 3

Viewing this topic: Sleek89(m)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 66
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.