Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,539 members, 7,808,985 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 08:32 PM

Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 - Travel (211) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 (1210891 Views)

Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 21 / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 20 / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (208) (209) (210) (211) (212) (213) (214) ... (1317) (Go Down)

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by BoluwajiPieters: 5:36pm On Sep 12, 2022
Nairalandboss:
Better go back and read my reply before saying what I didn't say. You people are just countering yourselves up and down. It's like you are all battling for who knows better than the other. Mr A will counter Mr B. Mr B will attack another person. Is this thread a marketplace or where we lift each other up? You didn't even read my comment before quoting me. What's all this? Lol

I told the woman that supervisors will not always ignore your email because they don't need students. And they'll most likely not respond if you don't have knowledge of their current research as Gigdraft said. And I used my case as an example. I am saying it again. If you know nothing about a supervisor's work, they will most likely not reply because you will sound so annoying . And I don't think you are qualified to argue with me if you are not doing a PhD program here. Not bragging. Just saying I can't be arguing what I am certain of

Nobody should quote me again because I am not ready for this negativity. I am too busy for that

It's possible to have a strong grasp of a PI's work, have relevant experience and skills, mention their interesting papers, attach a research proposal and still not get a response from the person. That's why people have to send lots and lots of mails before making headway. Silence to a cold mail is not dependent on the quality of the mail alone. There's the PI factor too. Some don't even get to see your mail until you send a reminder as the mail might be buried in the tons of mail in their mailbox. Many factors contribute to the silence or rejections and it's not entirely on the quality of the mail like you've opined.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by Nairalandboss: 5:43pm On Sep 12, 2022
amila20042001:
The tone of your message says so much about your personality.
Disabuse your mind that someone is here to attack you, free yourself from hate.
You can go back to where gigdraft made the comment and start reading, this time read slowly for better understanding.
One love!!!
You know nothing about my personality. And I careless of your perception. Attacking of one another is what I have seen here many times. If not, you will not quote me and claim I said what I didn't say.

I read his reply and nothing is wrong in what he said. When you send emails to many professors and none is replying. Then reevaluate to know what you are doing wrong. I've been there and I know what I am saying....
And you don't throw insult and end it with One Love.

10 Likes 1 Share

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by Nairalandboss: 5:44pm On Sep 12, 2022
BoluwajiPieters:

It's possible to have a strong grasp of a PI's work, have relevant experience and skills, mention their interesting papers, attach a research proposal and still not get a response from the person. That's why people have to send lots and lots of mails before making headway. Silence to a cold mail is not dependent on the quality of the mail alone. There's the PI factor too. Some don't even get to see your mail until you send a reminder as the mail might be buried in the tons of mail in their mailbox. Many factors contribute to the silence or rejections and it's not entirely on the quality of the mail like you've opined.
Let me ask, where did I say it is dependent on only the quality of your email? If you cannot show me this and quote that part, then I am done with you

8 Likes

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by BoluwajiPieters: 5:55pm On Sep 12, 2022
Nairalandboss:
Let me ask, where did I say it is dependent on only the quality of your email? If you cannot show me this and quote that part, then I am done with you

I think it's implied from your original message backing Gidigraft that something could be wrong with the mails the person has been sending. I'm not here to argue what's right or wrong as I'm currently sending mails out myself. In the end, enlightenment is key.

If the original poster can ask people to review his/her mail, that'd be nice. I've had people review most of the mails I've sent and I've gotten green light from PhD students and postdoc to hit the send button but I don't get responses from the PI I send those mails to. Like I said, I feel it's implied meaning based on your response supporting Gidigraft and Quinex tried to give a contrasting yet plausible explanation as to what could be happening.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by Nairalandboss: 5:56pm On Sep 12, 2022
This is the issue I have noticed here

Mr A: The car is color red

Mr B says: You are giving false information. The car is a vehicle that has engine

Mr C: Mr B is right. The car is a vehicle that has engine

Mr A: But I didn't say the car doesn't have engine kiss

You people should stop attacking each other. Instead, provide your own view

14 Likes

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by amila20042001: 5:57pm On Sep 12, 2022
Boss I don tire for you Las Las.
No be you say gigdraft is very correct,
So you didn't take your time to read and comprehend before you seconded.

Nairalandboss:
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by BoluwajiPieters: 5:59pm On Sep 12, 2022
Nairalandboss:

Mr B says: You are giving false information.

LOL. Apologies if it felt like an attack from my end but honestly, it's not. In fact, I started following the conversation because I was looking for salient points that can help me improve my mail. Everybody can present their points without making it look/sound like they're trying to bin the other person's idea or opinion.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by amila20042001: 6:01pm On Sep 12, 2022
Wrong analogy.
Quite different from the situation at hand. Anyways we move.
May God bless all the ppr hopefuls with abundant ppr
Nairalandboss:

Mr B says: You are giving false information.

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by Nairalandboss: 6:01pm On Sep 12, 2022
BoluwajiPieters:

I think it's implied from your original message backing Gidigraft that something could be wrong with the mails the person has been sending. I'm not here to argue what's right or wrong as I'm currently sending mails out myself. In the end, enlightenment is key.

If the original poster can ask people to review his/her mail, that'd be nice. I've had people review most of the mails I've sent and I've gotten green light from PhD students and postdoc to hit the send button but I don't get responses from the PI I send those mails to. Like I said, I feel it's implied meaning based on your response supporting Gidigraft and Quinex tried to give a contrasting yet plausible explanation as to what could be happening.
Gigdraft is very correct in the sense that the poster said he has been sending to many supervisor and not even one person replied. The guy tone showed he is even fed up of sending. Gigdraft was only suggesting he create time to gather knowledge of the supervisors' work. Which I see nothing wrong in that. I didn't get my 3 assistantship by luck. I worked for it and I got response from majority of those I mailed. As I said, one woman even recommended me to another -professor because she loves my work and experience

10 Likes

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by BoluwajiPieters: 6:06pm On Sep 12, 2022
Nairalandboss:
Gigdraft is very correct in the sense that the poster said he has been sending to many supervisor and not even one person replied. The guy tone showed he is even fed up of sending. Gigdraft was only suggesting he have create time to gather knowledge of the supervisors' work. Which I see nothing wrong in that. I didn't get my 3 assistantship by luck. I worked for it and I got response from majority of those I mailed. As I said, one woman even recommended me to another -professor because she loves my work and experience

I understand you now. Taking time to draft a cold mail is more important than sending something close to a generic mail. I've gotten a 40%+ response rate from my mails so far. Not positive ones but admixture of 'I am not taking any trainees' to 'You don't have the skills I need for this project' to a conversation that broke down on funding rate (the PI wanted a PhD student while I'm going for Msc). I'm sure you didn't get responses from everyone you mailed too. I'm assuming you sent loads of mail before you got your breakthrough moments. Persistence, learning, work, timing, LUCK, and other things come to play.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by Nairalandboss: 6:09pm On Sep 12, 2022
BoluwajiPieters:

I understand you now. Taking time to draft a cold mail is more important than sending something close to a generic mail. I've gotten a 40%+ response rate from my mails so far. Not positive ones but admixture of 'I am not taking any trainees' to 'You don't have the skills I need for this project' to a conversation that broke down on funding rate (the PI wanted a PhD student while I'm going for Msc). I'm sure you didn't get responses from everyone you mailed too. I'm assuming you sent loads of mail before you got your breakthrough moments. Persistence, learning, work, timing, LUCK, and other things come to play.
You got 40% but this guy we are talking about didn't even get 1%. Do you see why I supported Gigdraft now? The poster is frustrated and you tell him to keep sending more. I think he should check to see what he's doing wrong and make amends

12 Likes

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by Ocool: 6:26pm On Sep 12, 2022
Timaiko:

Thanks for responding. Yes, I am aware. I have seen from the digital photo (passport phot) instructions, that there is a need for the photographer to sign at the back of the of the photo. This is the reason why I asked if I am to scan both front and back of the passport photo and attach it to the digital photo section?

Please help.

Chairman, you are applying online. Just get the soft copy of the passport photo with the stated specifications and upload. That's all.

What you read and mentioning here applies to those who want to do hardcopy paper submission. E no concern u at all.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by twintower: 6:27pm On Sep 12, 2022
[quote author=Chiziteremary post=116585941]Congrats. May the land of Canada favour u in Jesus name.

Good evening all, please I am new in this forum and want to ask some questions concerning PhD programs in Canada.

I am 43yrs now and had my Bachelors in Biotechnology in 2008 and MBA in 2018. I want to do PhD in any of the courses but don’t know the one that will be easily accepted in Canada on scholarship.please advice me if you have any idea.
I have tried US but they have refused me twice,I am confused and thinking if it is because of my age.
Please if it is possible,which school is good and how do I start the process? Will the US denial affect me in this?

I don’t mind if I can get an agent to put me through.
I am sorry for the long post,please help a sister
Thank you
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by skentelelady(f): 6:30pm On Sep 12, 2022
Good evening house and all the gurus

I studied Agric sci. Had over 10 yrs working experience in office management. i graduated with 3rd class so getting schools that would accept my degree for PGD or cert is very rare. I actually got one that said they would accept me but with good LOI but in Ontario. Others said i could be accepted into Post secondary degree

I realized Ontario schools are way above my budget. I have like 15m presently as self sponsor. I have an under 12 child who will be joining me.

I presently am into agro allied business which i have been running for like 2yrs. Company is registered with CAC and i am the sole owner . Of recent i have started exporting to 3 different continents. My plan is to go in for International or Global Business management for 1 or 2 yrs.

NSCC told me to apply but their program in International Business is Post secondary.

I have 2 colleges from Quebec which is career program but it is AEC (Attestation of college Studies). Actually i like the Quebec offers due to the bilingual study both in Business French and Business English which are part of the courses i will do coupled with other European languages in the province which will be an added advantage as an aspired international trader.

Please kindly advise based on my class of degree and the certification/program i should go for.

My plan is for Fall 2023

Thank you

@makano
@Charitojames
@ketima
@lekiboboe
@technix
@Anon123
@Gigdraft
@JustMellow
@frankrobbn1
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by Ocool: 6:36pm On Sep 12, 2022
Nairalandboss:
The bolded shows you no nothing about what you're talking about. You got one but I got 3, so guess who knows better. And I doubt you are here. Are you even in Canada?

I've someone that graduated with 2:1 and has MSc Economics with 4/7 (MPhil/PhD grade) from UI. He is interested in PhD in either economics or finance in Canada. What advice can you give on how he should go about it. I will appreciate if you can highlight the process and also the content of the winning email.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by chi1995: 6:55pm On Sep 12, 2022
Good evening everyone,
Pls I have some questions and I would appreciate if someone gives me clarity on them.

- Am I to tick yes or No for ‘Do you have a national Identity Document?’ on the application for study permit form?

- My course is a 20months course, but my school didn't put start to end date in my offer of admission. What do I fill in when asked start to end date in the study permit form?

Thank you
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by digits234: 7:07pm On Sep 12, 2022
Una just dey here dey argue who know book pass!

Abeg my July peoples, any update(s) from your end?

4 Likes

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by CreativePickle: 7:14pm On Sep 12, 2022
olowoba2:

(1) The Western union will typically generate a payment instruction. The instruction will include Bank name, bank address, beneficiary name, etc as may be required
(2) Leave it blank. Fill as much details as required
(3) Of course

Thank you very much
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by chuksinfotech: 7:21pm On Sep 12, 2022
@makano
@bullstriker
@ketima
@lekiboboe
@technix
@Anon123
@Gigdraft
@JustMellow
@frankrobbn1

Please when someone gets funding from a school and the funding is in the person's school account.

How can they declare it as additional funding after submitting SP application?
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by Mrtife: 7:34pm On Sep 12, 2022
Good evening house,

For the Canadian Express Entry visa, wanna ask if any google professional certification is recognized or equivalent to Diploma/Bsc for the express entry points.

I look forward to your enlightenment in this regard,

Thank you
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by olowoba2: 7:40pm On Sep 12, 2022
Mrtife:
Good evening house,

For the Canadian Express Entry visa, wanna ask if any google professional certification is recognized or equivalent to Diploma/Bsc for express entry points.

I look forward to your enlightenment in this regard,

Thank you

Summary answer is No. professional certificates are not recognized as an additional diploma or degree for use in your Express Entry application.

It has to be an academic certificate.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by eseosaaa: 7:49pm On Sep 12, 2022
digits234:

No oo. The wait is tiring abeg

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by Iamgrac: 7:51pm On Sep 12, 2022
Very often, like 5 times in a day.
amila20042001:
Ur file is actively being worked on.
Have you been sending emails and webform? If yes, and how often?
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by Iamgrac: 7:52pm On Sep 12, 2022
Oh thank you so much I was beginning to get worried.
lilangel20:
It is ghost update
They are actively working on your file.
It is a good sign
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by daffy22: 8:20pm On Sep 12, 2022
Hi, please how do you send mails? And what is the content of the email
Iamgrac:
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by Pace6: 8:51pm On Sep 12, 2022
digits234:

Nothing yet o! We still dey look God face
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by mrlycan: 8:55pm On Sep 12, 2022
Whatsapp me. I'll tell you what to do.

O8136-664909

[quote author=twintower post=116600418][/quote]
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by Mgy07: 8:57pm On Sep 12, 2022
[quote author=twintower post=116600418][/quote]
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by realmummy(f): 9:16pm On Sep 12, 2022
hi
atunke2:
Congrats. What documents did you submit for the kids? Did you also include living expenses for the kids in your proof of fund given that you did not apply for visa for them? Did you pay all the school fees?
Thanks
I didn't submit any document for them. I started their application initially but after I inputted their US passport number, it changed to E-Visa and no visa required. However, I submitted their passport data page and birth certificate in my own application.

yes, I included them in my POF.

No, I didn't pay for the full fees. I only deposited $10k

Hope this helps

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by realmummy(f): 9:18pm On Sep 12, 2022
[quote author=MamaBams post=116592100]One more thing please.
What's the process obtaining permit for US citizens?
Are your kids infants or older kids?

My kids are 8 and 6. Permits will be given at the port of entry in Canada with their passport/or birth certificate

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by Funmilayoo: 9:20pm On Sep 12, 2022
Hello guys
My application is 7months now, I just received my gcms note.
What does it mean when your application is referred to case processing?
Should I still continue to send webforms and emails to them

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by amila20042001: 9:31pm On Sep 12, 2022
Wow that's a good one. Is it only to Nairobi office you send to?
Iamgrac:

(1) (2) (3) ... (208) (209) (210) (211) (212) (213) (214) ... (1317)

General Australian Student Visa Enquiries Part 3 / Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 6 / Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 3

Viewing this topic: demilade13

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 59
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.