Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,294 members, 7,807,999 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 02:06 AM

Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 - Travel (376) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 (1210326 Views)

Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 21 / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 20 / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (373) (374) (375) (376) (377) (378) (379) ... (1317) (Go Down)

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by SamuelOgunniyi: 2:35pm On Oct 13, 2022
Sorry about this.
Affliction shall not arise again the second time.
Congratulations on your PPR in advance.
I can't wait to celebrate you.

CharitoJames:
So guys
Here it is…
Application submitted 5th April
Biometrics done and updated 8th April
Upfront medical updated 11th April
Eligibility 4th May
Ghost updates 9th May, 20th May, 17th July and 16th September
BVL 23rd September
Refusal 24th September

Yes, i was refused… All thanks to God regardless and NO I WILL NOT REAPPLY.

I’m still here, going no where but may not be active because i need to channel my energy elsewhere.

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by Erudensi(f): 2:42pm On Oct 13, 2022
Good day my people,

Please I need your advise,

I submitted my application since on the 17th of June together with that of my kids and am yet to get response. And it's almost 4months.

Do I request for GCMS or Contact the MP or even the both. Please am confused at this point. Somebody help

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by daffy22: 3:02pm On Oct 13, 2022
Hi. Please I need help with this information. Am I to fill this part of the consent letter? Please someone should reply me.

If yes, what do I put as applicant relationship? It’s confusing please.

1 Share

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by prittygift114: 3:02pm On Oct 13, 2022
Good afternoon everyone. Please does anyone know the duration that university of Manitoba and university of Sàskatchewan usually take to give admission decision?
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by bubu44: 3:04pm On Oct 13, 2022
hey guys is it possible to get PR after one year pgwp ? please a response will be appreciated
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by letsfarmnigeria: 3:10pm On Oct 13, 2022
Erudensi:
Good day my people,

Please I need your advise,

I submitted my application since on the 17th of June together with that of my kids and am yet to get response. And it's almost 4months.

Do I request for GCMS or Contact the MP or even the both. Please am confused at this point. Somebody help

Contact your MP , Gcms note will take time to come and will increase your suspense
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by daffy22: 3:17pm On Oct 13, 2022
Hi, please have you sent your passport for stamping? If yes, did you fill all the spaces in the consent form? Please I’m confused and I need help
Kingarike:
PPR request is here
My Application Timeline goes thus,
- Applied : 22th of June,2022.
- Biometrics Request: 22th of June,2022.
- Biometrics done : 28th of June,2022
- Medical Request : 23rd of September,2022
- Medical Updated to Passed : 1st of October,2022
Bvl-11 October 2022
Ppr-11 October 2022

I just want to say it not everything you read here is applicable to you take the ones you need and make use of it and follow your instinct
Documents submitted
Affidavit of parenthood
Affidavit of sponsorship
Landed property CofO of my sponsor (my mum)
Letter of recommendation from my last place of work
My birth certificate
My sponsor tax payment receipt for the year
Police character
My SOP( I printed it out and signed on it)
My waec
My university certificate (bsc)
My sponsor business certificate of registration
Pof with closing balance of 19M
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by mobbwc: 3:42pm On Oct 13, 2022
Thanks a lot Boss(ette)! God bless.
Frankielilbaby:

Hi, q life bookings are only open on Monday by 8am, I think, anyways for IOM just send an email with the letter they will make space for him or better still he should just go there with the letter they will create a close date for him.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by daffy22: 3:42pm On Oct 13, 2022
Can someone reply this? Please it’s URGENT!!!! PLEASE!!![color=#990000][/color]
daffy22:
Hi. Please I need help with this information. Am I to fill this part of the consent letter? Please someone should reply me.

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by mobbwc: 3:44pm On Oct 13, 2022
Thank you my brother @ AkeemTy. Will do so.

AkeemTy:
Call IOM on phone to book an appointment, tell them it is urgent. If you don't do the medicals within 30 days, your study permit application will be rejected. So book your medical appointment within the timeframe and complete it.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by 2pretty4u(f): 3:49pm On Oct 13, 2022
Good day house

Faithful God, he has given my family a reason to celebrate.

It's PPRrrrrrrrrrr guys. Family of 5.

@olokings, it has arrived

35 Likes

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by cooooooks(m): 3:52pm On Oct 13, 2022
If you have a Canadian bank account, straight forward.

If you know someone with a Canadian bank account, straight forward too.

Some services exist that move money in that way: from Nigeria to Canada.

You could also pay a Nigerian in Canada naira in their naija account for the same thing.
stanmorry:
THANKS SO MUCH...
PLEASE, DO I GO ABOUT THIS AS YOU ADVISED "You should be able to pay via Canadian bank payment."
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by cooooooks(m): 3:58pm On Oct 13, 2022
I don't know much about SOWP (in fact I need to learn all I can about this as quickly as possible).
My no knowledge mind tells me that 1 year may be too short for a SOWP.

As for the visa, how long is the validity? If he is given a 1 year visa, it will expire next year Dec. He could always apply for study permit renewal though (90+% approval rate unless the person really messed up).

Aboki1859:

The program is one year Master's program,

Passport is yet to be returned from IRCC
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by cooooooks(m): 3:58pm On Oct 13, 2022
Info on calls is usually the same thing on the portal.

CharitoJames:

I don’t think Nigerians get info on calls
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by Thomsyne(m): 3:59pm On Oct 13, 2022
2pretty4u:
Good day house

Yooo!! Many Cheers!!!
Congratulations to you and yours.

2 Likes

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by cooooooks(m): 4:01pm On Oct 13, 2022
Remember seeing your posts months ago.

Sorry about this.

My suggestion: apply for GCMS ($5 - $ 15).

See why they refused and other notes made.

My guess is they don't expect you to return to Nigeria.
If so, and if you want to apply to Canada again, permanent residence may be the best option. Learning French will definitely be a plus. There is a policy to get more French speakers in Canada, especially outside Quebec.

Cheers
CharitoJames:
So guys
Here it is…
Application submitted 5th April
Biometrics done and updated 8th April
Upfront medical updated 11th April
Eligibility 4th May
Ghost updates 9th May, 20th May, 17th July and 16th September
BVL 23rd September
Refusal 24th September

Yes, i was refused… All thanks to God regardless and NO I WILL NOT REAPPLY.

I’m still here, going no where but may not be active because i need to channel my energy elsewhere.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by cooooooks(m): 4:02pm On Oct 13, 2022
Congratulations!

Please how long is your program, which province, and did you get SOWP (I'm guessing yes).

2pretty4u:
Good day house

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by Kinggame1: 4:14pm On Oct 13, 2022
Whatsapp right?
KRTL:
Send your number if you interested in joining the Humber group
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by Iluyomade11: 4:15pm On Oct 13, 2022
Good afternoon, I’m a fresher here, and I’m about to start the journey. I study Business Administration(HND) with upper credit. Working in a bank as Financial Technology (Fin Tech.) have seen a course that relate with my experience in Seneca college. Hope I’m good to go with this school.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by 2pretty4u(f): 4:22pm On Oct 13, 2022
cooooooks:
Congratulations!

Please how long is your program, which province, and did you get SOWP (I'm guessing yes).

Thanks, my program is for 2yrs. Alberta.
Yes, SOWP for my spouse

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by 2pretty4u(f): 4:24pm On Oct 13, 2022
Thomsyne:

Yooo!! Many Cheers!!!
Congratulations to you and yours.

Thank you
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by birchwood: 4:25pm On Oct 13, 2022
Hi guys,
Congratulations to the people that got their PPR recently.
After doing upfront medical, how do they link it to my application when I apply? Also, can I apply first, then do the medical without being asked for it?

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by SoftdudeKay: 4:27pm On Oct 13, 2022
Gigdraft:
Hi SoftdudeKay,

Your new marital status won't hurt your application. Please inform IRCC via webform, as that would even favour your family tie.

Wishing you a Happy Married Life!

Thanks. God bless. I want to inform the IRCC about my new marital status via the web form but, I can’t find where to upload documents such as: marriage certificate, change of name publication, court affidavit, etc. Please, how do I upload these documents to them?

Kindly help a brother.
Thanks.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by SoftdudeKay: 4:28pm On Oct 13, 2022
Please help!!!

I want to inform the IRCC about my new marital status via the web form but, I can’t find where to upload documents such as: marriage certificate, change of name publication, court affidavit, etc. Please, how do I upload these documents to them?

Kindly help a brother.
Thanks.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by jaydave: 4:33pm On Oct 13, 2022
Yes . Provided you are ok with their tuition fee and every other expenses

Iluyomade11:
Good afternoon, I’m a fresher here, and I’m about to start the journey. I study Business Administration(HND) with upper credit. Working in a bank as Financial Technology (Fin Tech.) have seen a course that relate with my experience in Seneca college. Hope I’m good to go with this school.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by kennyjoy(m): 4:41pm On Oct 13, 2022
SoftdudeKay:
Please help!!!

I want to inform the IRCC about my new marital status via the web form but, I can’t find where to upload documents such as: marriage certificate, change of name publication, court affidavit, etc. Please, how do I upload these documents to them?

Kindly help a brother.
Thanks.

Hi SoftdudeKay,

Send a webform to Nairobi, and also send an email too.

https://secure.cic.gc.ca/enquiries-renseignements/case-cas-eng.aspx?mission=Nairobi

nrobi-im-enquiry@international.gc.ca
nairobi@international.gc.ca
nrobi-immigration@international.gc.ca

I recommend that you write a LOE to help the officer understand your situation (when you apply, you are single and recently married...............). Merge the LOE, marriage certificate, newspaper publication, and court affidavit. I would also recommend that you include an identity document of your spouse, such as a NIN or an international passport.

All the best.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by femo86(m): 4:46pm On Oct 13, 2022
2pretty4u:
Good day house

Congratulations
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by femo86(m): 4:48pm On Oct 13, 2022
Anyone here that has migrated from Germany to Canada through study route, please indicate ooo cool....
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by Predator188: 5:09pm On Oct 13, 2022
daffy22:

For the this section of the form; applicants wishing to provide biometrics:you can fill the part and provide your biometrics validity letter

Since you are sending through courier and collecting passport theough courier leave those other part ot the form that you posted.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by Ay08020407288(m): 5:10pm On Oct 13, 2022
2pretty4u:
Good day house

My fellow June29th I tap from ur glory
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by bepositive11: 5:11pm On Oct 13, 2022
SoftdudeKay:
Please help!!!

Kindly help a brother.
Thanks.

Is this really necessary? I think it's sort of a double edged sword, especially if you're applying solo. Why would a newly wed want to go to Canada on his own to study when he's starting a new family?

Even if you decide to apply for SOWP, why are you getting married when you're planning to study abroad? Why not wait till you return?

I think it's better to just let it be for now, but think for yourself and decide.

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by Oldfashioned145: 5:12pm On Oct 13, 2022
Congratulations to all the PPR recipients. Grace and glory throughout. Welcome to a new level

(1) (2) (3) ... (373) (374) (375) (376) (377) (378) (379) ... (1317)

General Australian Student Visa Enquiries Part 3 / Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 6 / Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 3

Viewing this topic: 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 37
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.