Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,585 members, 7,809,116 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 11:54 PM

Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 - Travel (505) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 (1211032 Views)

Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 21 / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 20 / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (502) (503) (504) (505) (506) (507) (508) ... (1317) (Go Down)

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by Queenfunlola(f): 8:53am On Nov 16, 2022
@7colours, ma fo, your time for celebration has come!

3 Likes

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by Peace634244: 9:05am On Nov 16, 2022
Herlymah1295:
Alhamdulillah!
I can’t believe I’ll be typing my ppr testimony this soon. I give thanks to Allah

1st time applicant! I did my application myself.
An agent reviewed my sop and documents

Application submitted September 17
Biometrics September 26
Medicals passed November 2
PPR November 15

I’m a child of Grace.

May everyone awaiting PPR get their good news soon

Congratulations
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by olufunbi(f): 9:06am On Nov 16, 2022
Congratulations Johnstan.

johnstan:
My timeline - First time self applicant - New portal.

*Upfront medicals - 22nd June
*Application - 5th July
*Biometrics letter came 8th July
*Biometrics appointment - 14th July
*Medicals updated - 19th July
[/b]Medicals update change from "we are yet to receive your request" to *we did not receive your request". I panicked and sent my e-medical sheet like 5 times via webform and email before it was updated.[b]
*Biometrics updated - 22nd August.
[/b]Then the long wait[b]
*Eligibility started - Oct 26th after over 13 weeks I applied.
*Bvl dropped - 14th Nov
*PPR - 15th Nov.

My documents:
*My SOP - 3 pages
*School's LOA
*Letter of introduction from my office
*Job appointment letter
*Office ID
*4 months pay slip
*Birth certificate, NIMC slip and passport
*POF - N1.5m
*Pension certificate
*Waec certificate
*Nysc certificate
*High school certificate
*University certificate
*WES evaluation report
*Police clearance certificate.

Sponsors documents (mum and bro)
*Their passports
*Their work appointment letters
*Their work IDs
*Their affidavits and ordinary signed letters of sponsorship
*POF (N10m and N5m)
*Irrevocable power of attorney for the only landed property we have
*Birthday certificate of all my siblings
*Several family pictures.

This application was just God. My first post on thread 21 is attached to show you how nervous and scared I was.
I made up my mind and started the journey in May 2022, got admission 3 weeks into the month and came to Nairaland for visa application advice. I went through several threads before arriving at thread 21 and I was immediately discouraged with the documents I saw people packaging. People had landed properties, business/personal/sponsors accounts with tens/hundreds of millions as turnover and balance, gift deeds here and there, affidavits of different kinds, scholarships etc, so I spent the entire June gathering the documents I could.
I had over 30 supporting documents so shrinking it to 2mb was no child's play. I eventually did and uploaded without checking it. I checked afterwards and realized that [/b]half of documents were blurry and unreadable[b], I almost died lol. I just left everything. I'm not a spiricoco person but I don't doubt the God factor so I prayed the little I could every morning till PPR dropped.
My take away:
Your documents and packaging are important but at the end it's God so don't get carried away with self confidence and don't be discouraged as well, put in your best and leave the rest to God.
I had up to 15 SOP drafts till I couldn't draft any more and used the last one to apply so don't underestimate the power of your SOP and do a good job with it.
My POF didn't cover my total duration so I ensured that I explained that subsequent years would not be a problem while quoting their minimum requirement on IRCC website.

How do I submit my passport, please help.

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by olufunbi(f): 9:07am On Nov 16, 2022
Congratulations.

Lixusheng:

Second time applicant

First application May 6th
breakfast June 8th
Second Application July 24th
Medical request November 7th
Medical passed November 13th
PPR November 15th

i will share documents later

mai go roll for floor first cheesy
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by olufunbi(f): 9:11am On Nov 16, 2022
Congratulations in advance 7 COLOURS, it has ended in praise amen.

7COLOURS:

It does

Medical passed
Background check complete
Info sharing complete
Eligibility still recommend passed
Bvl dropped today

Las las I don get fever

Dunno what the outcome will be

It is well

3 Likes

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by Jaykeh: 9:22am On Nov 16, 2022
Herlymah1295:
Alhamdulillah!
I can’t believe I’ll be typing my ppr testimony this soon. I give thanks to Allah

Biometrics September 26
PPR November 15

I’m a child of Grace.

Wow, congratulations. God is surely going to grant me this swift PPR.

3 Likes

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by Chechem: 9:32am On Nov 16, 2022
Leadforteservic:
Yes! You can even do upfront medical before submitting your application. I will advise you do upfront to save yourself the stress and not waste time when the embassy requests for it

If you wait for the embassy to request for it, it's not a guarantee your appointment date will come up early when you book for it. It may even take more than a week or 2 weeks or more to get your next booking and you will wait for another week or 2 weeks or more for the medical sheet to be available.
So just do upfront once and upload the sheet to the your page when requested for

Thanks
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by Chechem: 9:33am On Nov 16, 2022
Jaykeh:

It's possible to visit Lagos and do both medical and biometric but there might be a very long period between the biometrics and medical appointment dates for Lagos, I think Abuja has more considerable dates if you wish to return back to east ASAP. Just weigh your options very well.
Thanks
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by Chechem: 9:39am On Nov 16, 2022
Pace6:

Since you don’t live in or anywhere around Lagos or Abuja, I’ll advice when you go for your biometrics, you should also do an upfront medicals, upload the e-Medical sheet via webform. This is to save cost of traveling, safety and also lodging in an hotel.

Goodluck

Thanks. My challenge will be if I will get a date for medical then that will be close o that of that of the biometrics.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by johnstan(m): 9:51am On Nov 16, 2022
amaka4obiiiie:

Johnstan can you forward me some nice SOP draft? Please

I remember I used an SOP draft I found on an older thread of this Canadian visa thread and a lot that I found on Google. I found them on mostly Indian Canada study blogs.
I kept reviewing drafts, picking statements I liked and adding to mine. I also used grammarly and two other sites to check for plagiarism repeatedly and for better choice of words.

It's tedious but you will need to do the job If you want an outstanding sop describing you and not someone else.

Good luck.

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by johnstan(m): 9:52am On Nov 16, 2022
olufunbi:

Congratulations Johnstan.

Thanks smiley
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by bepositive11: 10:00am On Nov 16, 2022
7COLOURS:

It does

Medical passed
Background check complete
Info sharing complete
Eligibility still recommend passed
Bvl dropped today

Las las I don get fever

Dunno what the outcome will be

It is well

I pray you get your ppr!

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by Pace6: 10:07am On Nov 16, 2022
Chechem:

Thanks. My challenge will be if I will get a date for medical then that will be close o that of that of the biometrics.

You can go there, beg them that you came from far distance... plead with them very well, I’m sure they will allow you to make payment. Same advise I have someone two weeks ago, they agreed. Though it’s was IOM Abuja. So you can try your luck as well.

Goodluck
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by femmybet(f): 10:08am On Nov 16, 2022
WOW.......
CONGRATULATION
johnstan:
I'm shaking and in tears typing this.
It's PPR fam
Will be back with my timeline and documents.

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by bepositive11: 10:09am On Nov 16, 2022
Anonymity777:

before she started work,initial payment of her workmanship was made, and as soon as the visa was approved. i.e. after PPR and the passport was sent back, her balance was made that was when i got my passport back from her, however trouble started when i requested the log in details to the school's portal and L.O.I she was reluctant to drop the info, it resulted to a heated argument we involved the police but she bribed them later on and the police withdrew the case. I had to contact the school myself to request for my details which was not an easy task on my side, eventually my login details was released to me after thorough scrutiny and explanation from me, then we discovered why she refused to release the details.
we found out that the school fees deposit we sent her to pay for last year's admission was not paid and the receipt given to us was fake as at then. my admission was deferred because decision came in very late hence my reasons for applying for another session, to cover up her criminal acts she had to pay up of recent, she must have thought the visa was not going to be given which costs her double because of the current exchange rate, i think this is why she has decided to punish me.
all i have with me are my personal details, now i regret going through an agent. what info do i need to link up my GCKEY TO A NEW APPLICATION? without my LOI i am helpleess, i really need a solution

You're not really hopeless without your LOI. People have gone through immigration at the airport without it, but it's better to have it.

Don't do anything that will jeopardize your visa since it's already printed on your passport and it has been verified by VFS.

You just have to sort out the payment for your university. I hope your admission is still valid.

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by femo86(m): 10:13am On Nov 16, 2022
Nunushokoto:
I’m so sorry for the late reply bro

No I didn’t submit and English test certificate
That do not require it

When did you apply??

It's fine brother...one love

They wrote me that they can't waive the English Language proficiency requirements, after I made an enquiry about it and I had created my profile.

Not applied yet, still thinking about it
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by Teeebabyyy: 10:14am On Nov 16, 2022
Omg!! Congratulations!
The doors have opened for September applicants
Herlymah1295:
Alhamdulillah!

Biometrics September 26
PPR November 15

I’m a child of Grace.

2 Likes

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by Chechem: 10:15am On Nov 16, 2022
Pace6:

You can go there, beg them that you came from far distance... plead with them very well, I’m sure they will allow you to make payment. Same advise I have someone two weeks ago, they agreed. Though it’s was IOM Abuja. So you can try your luck as well.

Goodluck

Thanks very much

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by johnstan(m): 10:27am On Nov 16, 2022
femmybet:
WOW.......
CONGRATULATION

Thanks a lot.

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by Nobody: 10:28am On Nov 16, 2022
Queenfunlola:
@7colours, ma fo, your time for celebration has come!

Amen ooooo lol

Thanks dear

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by joshua1107: 10:29am On Nov 16, 2022
Good day,
please my flight is on thursday and i have all my required documents except for my enrollement letter, and i'm going with British Airways, will i be allowed to board?
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by Chiziteremary: 10:29am On Nov 16, 2022
Big Congrats. That was super fast. May the land of Canada favour u in Jesus name

Herlymah1295:
Alhamdulillah!

Biometrics September 26
PPR November 15

I’m a child of Grace.

2 Likes

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by Nobody: 10:33am On Nov 16, 2022
olufunbi:
Congratulations in advance 7 COLOURS, it has ended in praise amen.

Amen oooo

You all rock

We shall all celebrate in Jesus name

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by Bobomaigida: 10:35am On Nov 16, 2022
Winnerpoks:
If you're Lambton college bound(Toronto or Sarnia) please send me a message on Whatsapp 08.16 .74.5 56.6.8

Winnerpoks why are you requesting for people to contact you on whatsapp, if you have any issue or questions please state it here, and any conderned party will respond, you should not be driving traffic from an open source to a private source.

3 Likes

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by SoftdudeKay: 10:35am On Nov 16, 2022
Please house, I’m trying to make payments for my CBSA notes on gcmsnotes.com using my GTB naira card but it’s not going through. What could be the reason please? Or does it have to be paid with a Dollar card?

Thanks for your swift response.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by Bobomaigida: 10:47am On Nov 16, 2022
SoftdudeKay:
Please house, I’m trying to make payments for my CBSA notes on gcmsnotes.com using my GTB naira card but it’s not going through. What could be the reason please? Or does it have to be paid with a Dollar card?

You can't use any naira denominated card, look for a dollar card to pay.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by Nobody: 10:49am On Nov 16, 2022
SoftdudeKay:

I had same challenge not until someone paid for me with dollar card
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by SoftdudeKay: 10:54am On Nov 16, 2022
Bobomaigida:

You can't use any naira denominated card, look for a dollar card to pay.

Okay. I have a dom account, I’ll use my card. Thanks bro.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by SoftdudeKay: 10:54am On Nov 16, 2022
7COLOURS:

I had same challenge not until someone paid for me with dollar card

Okay. I have a dom account, I’ll use my card. Thanks bro.

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by Abayor15: 11:01am On Nov 16, 2022
Congratulations ��

Herlymah1295:
Alhamdulillah!

Biometrics September 26
PPR November 15

I’m a child of Grace.

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by GodswillBeDone: 11:05am On Nov 16, 2022
Congratulations!!! May the maple land favour you! Glad you were able to address the VO's concerns, repackaged and refired, and now God has given you victory! Congrats!

Lixusheng:

Second time applicant

First application May 6th
breakfast June 8th
Second Application July 24th
Medical request November 7th
Medical passed November 13th
PPR November 15th

i will share documents later

mai go roll for floor first cheesy
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by Madona26: 11:07am On Nov 16, 2022
CindyByFine:
Okanagan College.
My brother got admission there....still waiting for Study Permit.

Please how can i reach out to you. I want to make enquiries about Okanagan college

(1) (2) (3) ... (502) (503) (504) (505) (506) (507) (508) ... (1317)

General Australian Student Visa Enquiries Part 3 / Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 6 / Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 3

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 57
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.