Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,080 members, 7,807,231 topics. Date: Wednesday, 24 April 2024 at 11:23 AM

Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 - Travel (567) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 (1209823 Views)

Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 21 / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 20 / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (564) (565) (566) (567) (568) (569) (570) ... (1317) (Go Down)

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by apeja2017: 7:25pm On Nov 30, 2022
Thomsyne:

Yup yup, just sent you an email message sef.
Shouldn't take them long to send it down to Lag I believe?

When did you submit?

And after receiving the mail did you try to track it again what was it still showing?
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by Gilb231: 7:32pm On Nov 30, 2022
Is anyone else having delays with IRCC returning the passport or giving a final decision. It’s been 33days now I still haven’t gotten back my passport since PPR. Please I need to know
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by TOPAI7(m): 7:38pm On Nov 30, 2022
Well packaged and irrefutable application.
Congratulations.

Jaykeh:
First time Applicant.
Applied by myself with the help and guidance of my elder bro.

Application submitted - - November 5
Biometrics collection letter --November 5
Biometric completed--November 9
Upfront medicals done--November 17
Medicals passed--November 24th
Correspondence letter--November 28th
PPr--November 28

Sponsor(Elder bro), Secondary( Uncle, dad's younger bro)
Sponsorship letter
Notarized Affidavit regarding financial support
International passport
Notarized Birth certificate
Local government identification letter
Notarized Permanent residence card nd drivers licence
Notarized Company's certificate of incorporation
Notarized letter of good standing from banks
Company's business account statement(Closing balance, $9,000 CAD) (sole signatory)
Company's savings account statement(Closing balancing, $23,000 Cad) (sole signatory)
Personal savings account statement(Closing balance, $30,000 CAD, lump sums were moved from business account to this account to make it up to $30 and was explained in his sponsorship letter)
Notice of tax assessment and clearance( 2020 & 2021)

Secondary sponsor's Sponsorhip letter. (Explains he would take responsibility should any unforceen circumstance prevent primary sponsor from discharging his duties, mentioned he sponsored primary sponsor few years ago who made headline in newspaper after studies and that serves as motivation to be part of mine)
Notarized Affidavit of Financial Support from sec sponsor
Biodata page of international passport
Notarized Company's certificate of incorporation
Bank statements( closing balance 22M and 250k, the 22m came in as lump sum from the investment company, it was explained in his sponsorship letter and also letter from the investment body and valuation of investment of 50M attached)
Investment letter from an investment body with valuation statement
Two Notarized C of O
Tax clearance certificate(2019,2020&2021)

Clients info
SOP ( I gave my educational background and work experience down to Nysc and to my current job now with Npower, I've been in same line so educational background, work experience and course I'm going for is in the same line, next paragraph explains why I'm going for that course, next, why I choose that particular school, why Canada and then home ties. )

Additional information( acknowledged the documents available for financial support and proof of relationship from my sponsors, home ties(popsy nd mumsy ppt biodata page), accommodation( Bro's place)

LOA
Co-op work permit supporting document
Tuition deposit($1000 CAD)
Baptismal cert
Local government identification cert
Waec
Sec school transcript
Degree cert
Uni transcript
CV
Nysc cert
Nysc ppa deployment and notice of work resumption
Peer education trainer cert(Nysc cds group)
Letter of Attestation from former work place ( Proof to show I really worked with them)
Npower deployment letter
Dad and mum ppt biodata page
Police clearance card
Covid vaccination card.

Note: I showed evidence for all the work, cert of participation I mention in my SOP.

I really want to appreciate everyone for the contributions, this thread really helped me, thank you @johnstan for the replies and letting me know I needed to send my e medical sheet.

Let me mention that few documents were illegible after compressing so to avoid that, I had to divide and sent the most important one with the application, then others I sent through webform.

2 Likes

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by Jaykeh: 7:39pm On Nov 30, 2022
TOPAI7:
Well packaged and irrefutable application.
Congratulations.

Thank you.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by TOPAI7(m): 7:48pm On Nov 30, 2022
Avoid Qatar Airlines and any airline that has stop over in United States except you are ready to proceed US Transit Visa.

Joedave25:
@ Favourme84,
The best at this point is relative.for those who have deep pocket and needs more comfort. You should be looking at airlines like KLM , British, Air france,Qatar and Lufthansa with single stopover.

And then Ethiopian and Egypt air for cheaper tickets.

Ensure you have at least 3hours layover at your POE because of the usual long queue to avoid missing your final flight to your destination.

I hope this helps

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by TOPAI7(m): 7:50pm On Nov 30, 2022
This is good news.
Congratulations.
A lot of November applications already approved.
This is a great hope for others.

TheGamePlay:
This is the first time I am posting here.

It's PPR
First time applicant
Upfront Medicals - November 3
Application Submitted - November 9
Biometrics Collection Letter - November 10
Biometrics Done and Updated - November 18
Medical Passed - November 25
Correspondence Letter - November 29
Passport Request - November 29

Please what documents do I need to submit my passport at VFS Lagos as a first time applicant. I did my biometrics there too.

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by TOPAI7(m): 7:52pm On Nov 30, 2022
Congratulations.

YinksXO:
Long post alert!

Been on this thread for a while and I'm an older applicant. Started trying express entry around 2018 but something was always not aligning, transcript wahala and then low CRS scores. Wanted to try the student route in 2019 but a friend said because of my age, I most probably wouldn't get approved, so I abandoned it. In 2020, same friend advised me to try the student route for my daughter and that's when I came to this thread and it helped me tremendously to package my daughter's application which was approved and I've shared the story here too. So, while I was doing research for my daughter's application here, I'd see older people once in a while with approved applications, I started considering it again, the more I read about approvals for people within my age range, the more encouraged I became, so I took the plunge. Long story short, below is my timeline

Upfront medical - April 2022
Application submitted - 28 June 2022 (new portal used)
Sent a webform in July to ask them to update medicals.
Medicals passed - 20 August 2022
Eligibility review started - 31 October 2022
BVL & PPR - 3 November 2022
PP submitted - 4 November 2022 (Lagos VFS)
PP received - 22 November 2022

Documents submitted
LOA
SOP (3 pages)
Passport biodata page
MBA transcript
Other professional certificate(s)
Resume
MBS - personal account
MBS - business account
Bank reference letter stating I'm sole signatory
Coy registration documents
Coy Invoices and PO's
Board resolution letter, confirming my leave from work and that coy was going to fund my studies
Same person affidavit cos name arranged differently on different official documents
Notarized Letter of support by spouse - saying that he'd take care of our kids and help oversee my business.
MBS of spouse's coy account
IELTS & WES - submitted cos I had it
Old and valid visas and stamped passport pages
PCC
Deed of assignment
Birth certificates of my kids
Passport biodata page of spouse
Passport biodata page of mum (expired)
Death certificate of father
4 pictures - with spouse, kids and mum

Things that may have helped me:
* I have valid US and Canadian visit visas and just returned from a recent trip to Canada to visit daughter.
* I approached 2 MP's, one responded and said background check was passed but eligibility hadn't started as at September, other MP didn't respond.
* After my return from Canada in September, sent about 5/6 webforms and same amount of emails, sent about once every week, different days of the week. Different story each week but basically asking for a decision to be made on my application.
* Didn't apply with second daughter and husband
* Tuition paid in full
* My coy is funding my studies, so included a board resolution letter approving amount to be spent.

This platform has been great and I can't quantify the wealth of information you can get from here as long as you're patient and willing to research, will share some tips:

If you're following this thread or any other one you're interested in, leave the tab open on your device, that way you can come back and continue from where you stopped, just refresh to load new pages. You won't then miss responses to any questions you've asked or new points/stories that have been shared.
Use the notes app on your phone. If there's any information that has been shared on nairaland or any other platform that you think will be useful to you or someone else, copy it out and paste it in the notes app. This way, that information is easily accessible to you in the future, just use your search tab on the app. I find this is more helpful than screenshots.
Google and YouTube the heck out of everything! NairaLand is great because it gives you the perspective of Nigerians living in Nigeria, who are on the same journey as you but there are other resources you should make use of because it shows you what other nationalities are doing to get their applications approved. Some simple questions can even easily be answered once you use Google & YouTube, believe me you get samples of documents, updates on travel requirements, school recommendations, meaning of abbreviations, literally everything is available there, just type in key words and voila, you're in.

Lastly, thank you to each and everyone that has shared their journey here, thank you to people who've lent a helping hand to total strangers. As someone who is private myself, I know the first instinct might be not to bother to share your story but trust me, it helps in encouraging and hopefully giving people the needed push.
My program starts in January 2023 and once I'm settled in, I "wish" to help people reach out to MP's cos I noticed they hardly respond to people living outside of Canada, I'm hoping it will be possible. This offer will be free and for people whose applications have significantly gone beyond the standard processing time and it will be at my discretion.
Best of luck to everyone!

2 Likes

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by YinksXO: 7:53pm On Nov 30, 2022
Awww, thank you and amen to the prayers.

2pretty4u:

Congratulations, may your journey to Canada be favoured. I enjoyed reading your timeline.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by apeja2017: 8:31pm On Nov 30, 2022
Gilb231:
Is anyone else having delays with IRCC returning the passport or giving a final decision. It’s been 33days now I still haven’t gotten back my passport since PPR. Please I need to know

Same here.
I submitted in person at Abuja oo on 7 nov and same day I got a mail that it has reach them.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by Kelvinace: 8:52pm On Nov 30, 2022
Up till now, nothing?

apeja2017:

Same here.
I submitted in person at Abuja oo on 7 nov and same day I got a mail that it has reach them.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by Bobomaigida: 9:21pm On Nov 30, 2022
malikoa:
Hello guys:

First time post here. Just thought I'd post because I'm running out of options:

I'm not sure how many of us have been waiting for very long, but my application was submitted since June, and I am yet to hear back from IRCC:

Medicals Done Jun 6
Application Submitted Jun 8
Biometrics Done Jun 9
Eligibility and Background Check started Aug 19
Medicals Uploaded to Pass N/A
PPR N/A

Thanks

You can look for someone in Canada to send an email to the MP that is representing your school's area.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by Oldfashioned145: 9:25pm On Nov 30, 2022
God has been faithful. Its original passport request for this young vibrant Soul.

34 Likes

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by Panasonic101: 9:27pm On Nov 30, 2022
Oldfashioned145:
God has been faithful. Its original passport request for this young vibrant Soul.

Congratulations �. Add flag to your bio.. lmao grin

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by Panasonic101: 9:29pm On Nov 30, 2022
Oldfashioned145:
Looseguarding is for the weak.

IRC WILL FACE MY WRATH TODAY. I don tire wrapper untop their matter.

Dey finally face am grin grin. I’m happy for you wink

11 Likes

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by Oldfashioned145: 9:41pm On Nov 30, 2022
Its just too heavy to be said.

He is that God that makes the imperfect perfect

The alagbada Ina

The one who spoke and a way was made

My May applicants join me in celebrating

God has ended the watch and made it perfect.

Oldfashioned145:
I just want to say thank you God because I know he will make a way, he will surely make grace available for all of us to attain greater height.

I'M TYPING THIS WITH FAITH BECAUSE I KNOW HE HAS DONE IT!!

Application Submitted: May 4

Biometrics: May 11
Biometrics updated: June 29

Gcms ordered: August 5
Gcms notes received: September 28

Upfront medical: Sept 20
Upfront medical updated:Sept 27
Eligibility review: 17th of September.
PPR: November 30

Documents submitted
* Sponsorship letter
1. Statement of account
2. CAC documents
3. International passport of sponsor ( my mum)
3. Business receipts (old and new)
4. Security levy for her shops
5. Google Pictures of her shops and stocks.
6. Pictures of me and her in her shop ( sent through webform)
7. Pictures of her Goods at home. ( My mum buys drinks and liquor in bulk quantity)

*International passport of my dad with stamped pages
1. His landed properties
2. My siblings birth certificate.

*SOP
1. Waec results and scratch card.
2. Testimonial
3. Outstanding workers award.
4. Certificate of state of origin
5. Mega youth conference graphics with my face card on it.

#May4thapplicant

22 Likes

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by Adeade98(m): 9:42pm On Nov 30, 2022
NL family,
Longest time,
I turn off immediately I got the breakfast on October 14th but I am working towards refire.
Hope is not too early?

By the glory of God, I will be submitting my new application latest on Monday.
Hope it is not too late to submit for winter 23?
Looking at the November responses, I think I am very hopeful.
Your take please.

3 Likes

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by monalisa007: 9:46pm On Nov 30, 2022
Oldfashioned145:

Congratulations...I’m happy for you

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by Oldfashioned145: 9:47pm On Nov 30, 2022
Thank you.

monalisa007:

Congratulations...happy for you
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by Oldfashioned145: 9:48pm On Nov 30, 2022
Thank you. I'm so overwhelmed right now

Panasonic101:

Congratulations �. Add flag to your bio.. lmao grin
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by 2pretty4u(f): 9:48pm On Nov 30, 2022
Oldfashioned145:
Its just too heavy to be said.

He is that God that makes the imperfect perfect

The alagbada Ina

The one who spoke and a way was made

My May applicants join me in celebrating

God has ended the watch and made it perfect.

Congratulations

2 Likes

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by Oldfashioned145: 9:49pm On Nov 30, 2022
The battle was theirs vs God.

Who can stand against our God.

Panasonic101:

Dey finally face am grin grin. I’m happy you wink

8 Likes

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by Pace6: 9:54pm On Nov 30, 2022
Oldfashioned145:

Finally, God has shown you mercy.

Congratulations

3 Likes

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by Onaliaku: 10:03pm On Nov 30, 2022
11 year old is not in high school yet, should be in grade 6.

Attached your LOA for your child also.

skentelelady:
Please to those who have applied with children, how do a apply for my 11 years old? I am applying soon with her as an accompanying.

Do I need to get a high school around my school for admission in order to apply for her study permit along with mine in a single application or we can wait till we get there?

Kindly provide necessary assistance. Thank you

@Oloking
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by Stifflah09(m): 10:04pm On Nov 30, 2022
Good evening guys so my agent sent me my refusal pdf this evening and said it’s a POF issue, the account I submitted is my dads Ivorian business account which had roughly 20m naira when you convert the cfa to naira. My agent claims that the closing balance as at the time of application wasn’t there during verification, well I wanna ask if the IRCC actually has access to know an account’s balance at anytime. My dad confirmed that he used a good amount of the money for some business deals hoping to deposit it soon.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by rexokemute: 10:12pm On Nov 30, 2022
First time Applicant.

Omg I can't even type. Applied myself and learnt about all the different paths and documents here on nairaland.
Timeline
Application submitted - - August 4
Biometrics collection letter --August 4
Biometrics Update-- August 8

Medicals passed--September 22

We sent emails ahhh, we sent emails, just seeing November applicants, only yesterday I fired Nairobi 75 emails.
This morning i started again and lo and behold

Correspondence letter--November 30th
PPr--November 30th

We are a family of 4, so SOWP for my hubby and Study permit for my 2 kids.

Thank you all and I pray that all of us will be successful. Just patience.

32 Likes

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by Oldfashioned145: 10:13pm On Nov 30, 2022
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by ShalomShalom(f): 10:14pm On Nov 30, 2022
Omachichi:
Prospective KPU STUDENT Jan 2023 please let’s discuss
Hello, trust you’re well. So I keep getting emails that you’re sending me a message but I never see any message. Do reply under this if you get it. x
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by drealsmile(m): 10:19pm On Nov 30, 2022
Please I need help with this.

In 2018 I used an agent to apply for a Canada visitor visa which was refused, the agent did not give me the gckey login and email, and now I can't get to the agent anymore

Now have gotten an Admission to study in Canada

I have my UCI number and application number
I need my old information so I won't make mistake filling out my application.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by Oldfashioned145: 10:22pm On Nov 30, 2022
Long post alert.

I've dreamed of typing this a long time. I am a first time applicant. It was a DIY application and although it was full of all the imperfections of a hurried lady, I dropped my application at Gods feet and asked him to perfect it in the sight of the VO.

Application Submitted: May 4

Biometrics: May 11
Biometrics updated: June 29

Gcms ordered: August 5
Gcms notes received: September 28

Upfront medical: Sept 20
Upfront medical updated:Sept 27
Eligibility review: 17th of September.
PPR: November 30

Documents submitted
* Sponsorship letter
1. Statement of account
2. CAC documents
3. International passport of sponsor ( my mum)
3. Business receipts (old and new)
4. Security levy for her shops
5. Google Pictures of her shops and stocks.
6. Pictures of me and her in her shop ( sent through webform)
7. Pictures of her Goods at home. ( My mum buys drinks and liquor in bulk quantity)

*International passport of my dad with stamped pages
1. His landed properties
2. My siblings birth certificate.

*SOP
1. Waec results and scratch card.
2. Testimonial
3. Outstanding workers award.
4. Certificate of state of origin
5. Mega youth conference graphics with my face card on it.

After I submitted my application I kept sending other things I felt they might need through emails and even a letter of explanation. I am a student In UNN so with exams and all that I've been quite preoccupied but this week I decided enough was enough.

I fired mails to Beijing, new york, Sydney, nairaobi, Kenya and all the countries with an email address. I bolded my emails and sent morning, afternoon, night.

I just want to say thank you Jesus. Thank you father.

Also thanks to everyone who kept the hope alive and the faith.

Yours will surely come..

25 Likes

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by Dolaqueen: 10:26pm On Nov 30, 2022
Stifflah09:
Good evening guys so my agent sent me my refusal pdf this evening and said it’s a POF issue, the account I submitted is my dads Ivorian business account which had roughly 20m naira when you convert the cfa to naira. My agent claims that the closing balance as at the time of application wasn’t there during verification, well I wanna ask if the IRCC actually has access to know an account’s balance at anytime. My dad confirmed that he used a good amount of the money for some business deals hoping to deposit it soon.
as I once read here, ircc will verify from the bank if the closing balance you submitted tally with the one in your account, your dad removing the money before ircc verify must have been the reason for the refusal!

2 Likes

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by Dolaqueen: 10:29pm On Nov 30, 2022
rexokemute:
First time Applicant.

Omg I can't even type. Applied myself and learnt about all the different paths and documents here on nairaland.
Timeline
Application submitted - - August 4
Biometrics collection letter --August 4
Biometrics Update-- August 8

Medicals passed--September 22

We sent emails ahhh, we sent emails, just seeing November applicants, only yesterday I fired Nairobi 75 emails.
This morning i started again and lo and behold

Correspondence letter--November 30th
PPr--November 30th

We are a family of 4, so SOWP for my hubby and Study permit for my 2 kids.

Thank you all and I pray that all of us will be successful. Just patience.

Congratulations! Do you do upfront medical?

2 Likes

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by Jessirich: 10:29pm On Nov 30, 2022
Hello Guys!
Greetings!

Please I would like you guys to advice me.
I have #3m and want start the study journey to Canada,

1. Can I get some scholarships in Conestoga College and or Northern College?
2. Can I also get a loan in Nigeria and where?
3. I am university graduate in Nigeria (2.2 lower) applying to colleges, would it raise a red flag?

Gurus in the house please help.� Thanks.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) ... (564) (565) (566) (567) (568) (569) (570) ... (1317)

General Australian Student Visa Enquiries Part 3 / Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 6 / Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 3

Viewing this topic: 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 68
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.