Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,305 members, 7,808,037 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 04:59 AM

Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 - Travel (570) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 (1210394 Views)

Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 21 / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 20 / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (567) (568) (569) (570) (571) (572) (573) ... (1317) (Go Down)

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by Pace6: 12:44pm On Dec 01, 2022
rexokemute:
First time Applicant.

Omg I can't even type. Applied myself and learnt about all the different paths and documents here on nairaland.
Timeline
Application submitted - - August 4
Biometrics collection letter --August 4
Biometrics Update-- August 8

Medicals passed--September 22

We sent emails ahhh, we sent emails, just seeing November applicants, only yesterday I fired Nairobi 75 emails.
This morning i started again and lo and behold

Correspondence letter--November 30th
PPr--November 30th

We are a family of 4, so SOWP for my hubby and Study permit for my 2 kids.

Thank you all and I pray that all of us will be successful. Just patience.

Congratulations � more wins
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by breakice31(m): 12:46pm On Dec 01, 2022
Sulaimonsb:
See what the Lord has done application of 10 months have been approved. PPR came in yesterday night. Submitted February 11th

Congratulations. Joy is on the way for me too. Amen!

3 Likes

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by funshow21: 12:47pm On Dec 01, 2022
For those working and working overseers... I am here to ease the academic stress !!

Need a 3rd hand for your assignments, Term paper , classwork and project proposals...

Please contact @o8143three1766nine.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by Pace6: 12:48pm On Dec 01, 2022
Awesomegod2023:
My nL people, please come to my aid I got a medical request from ircc what’s the high chance of getting approved after medicals.

99.5/100 if you pass your medicals

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by dearie(m): 12:50pm On Dec 01, 2022
Dear Gurus,

Please what is the average time it takes to get Biometrics done for study permit visa at the Lekki centre.

I need to know to plan my day. Also, do they religiously keep to the alloted time?
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by Tolifefun: 1:02pm On Dec 01, 2022
dearie:
Dear Gurus,

Please what is the average time it takes to get Biometrics done for study permit visa at the Lekki centre.

I need to know to plan my day. Also, do they religiously keep to the alloted time? Yes ,they keep to time. Within two hours, you are done with biometrics

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by Tolifefun: 1:12pm On Dec 01, 2022
dearie:
Dear Gurus,

I need to know to plan my day. Also, do they religiously keep to the alloted time? Yes, they are time conscious.within two hours, you should be done with biometrics

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by TheGamePlay: 1:23pm On Dec 01, 2022
Mine took about 3 hours. It's depends on the amount of people that booked an appointment on that day. And you will be allowed to enter 20 minutes before your time, so get there early.

dearie:
Dear Gurus,

I need to know to plan my day. Also, do they religiously keep to the alloted time?

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by rexokemute: 1:24pm On Dec 01, 2022
Justin2022:

Congratulations to you. I’d like to ask, did you send the same email 75 times or you sent different 75 emails? Make person sabi wether na to dey spam them with emails o. Thank you.

I sent 75 times. In some cases, 10 times a day

2 Likes

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by Nobody: 1:27pm On Dec 01, 2022
Hello everyone ,please can someone kindly send all these IRCC mails so I can start to fire them

2 Likes

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by rexokemute: 1:27pm On Dec 01, 2022
nnemak:
Congratulations, which session are you going for? jan march sept

Resumption is January 9. Winter session

2 Likes

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by Ghazali34(m): 1:41pm On Dec 01, 2022
Sorry to ask, but what was the reason for the ban?

EMMYLODE:
I got banned tonight and now inadmissible to Canada for the next 5 years. I am devastated. This is the saddest day of my life beside my father's death

I just got my cas for my admission in UK and at the stage to apply for study visa to UK having paid my tuition fees. I am considering requesting for refund of my fees but I see from the school site that there must be tangible reason to request for refund e. g Visa refusal, I have not been refused UK Visa yet because I have not even applied. Visa application fee is too high for an application that has very slim chances of success. It will be double pain to proceed with the Visa application and be rejected and the school seemingly not ready to make refund without a concrete reason.

I need advise please my people

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by SmartzJayTech: 1:41pm On Dec 01, 2022
dearie:
Dear Gurus,

Whatever time you book, just plan btw 2-3hours (you might spend more/less).
I'm at the VFS Office (Lekki) at the moment, my initial appointment time was 11:30am and I'm still here waiting to get it done.

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by teebullion1(f): 1:44pm On Dec 01, 2022
Please o Nairobi, Abuja, Shanghai & London have all blocked my email. I noticed my emails go straight to spam as not delivered after sending a few times.
My application has exceeded the average processing time. Please does anyone know how I can work around this or can I use another email that is not linked to my application .
Make una help my life abeg
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by Ishola2002: 1:50pm On Dec 01, 2022
Good afternoon Nairalanders, pls I need help on how to upload my documents for Canadian Study permit application
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by Tgbengus151(m): 1:50pm On Dec 01, 2022
PPR Alert guys!

Application submitted: August 2nd
PPR Dropped: November 30th.

I was ushered into the new month with such good news. It was my fourth application. The feeling has been amazing since last night. I pray everyone experience this overwhelming joy.

I will provide my documents submitted but I need to be updated on if i can walk-in to submit my passport in the Vfs office in Lagos tomorrow and the necessary documents. I have also misplaced the yellow biometrics slip, how can i rectify that?

36 Likes

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by MamaBams: 2:02pm On Dec 01, 2022
Congratulations to you sis.
Love your spirit and I admire your tenacity.

YinksXO:
Long post alert!

Been on this thread for a while and I'm an older applicant. Started trying express entry around 2018 but something was always not aligning, transcript wahala and then low CRS scores. Wanted to try the student route in 2019 but a friend said because of my age, I most probably wouldn't get approved, so I abandoned it. In 2020, same friend advised me to try the student route for my daughter and that's when I came to this thread and it helped me tremendously to package my daughter's application which was approved and I've shared the story here too. So, while I was doing research for my daughter's application here, I'd see older people once in a while with approved applications, I started considering it again, the more I read about approvals for people within my age range, the more encouraged I became, so I took the plunge. Long story short, below is my timeline

Upfront medical - April 2022
Application submitted - 28 June 2022 (new portal used)
Sent a webform in July to ask them to update medicals.
Medicals passed - 20 August 2022
Eligibility review started - 31 October 2022
BVL & PPR - 3 November 2022
PP submitted - 4 November 2022 (Lagos VFS)
PP received - 22 November 2022

Documents submitted
LOA
SOP (3 pages)
Passport biodata page
MBA transcript
Other professional certificate(s)
Resume
MBS - personal account
MBS - business account
Bank reference letter stating I'm sole signatory
Coy registration documents
Coy Invoices and PO's
Board resolution letter, confirming my leave from work and that coy was going to fund my studies
Same person affidavit cos name arranged differently on different official documents
Notarized Letter of support by spouse - saying that he'd take care of our kids and help oversee my business.
MBS of spouse's coy account
IELTS & WES - submitted cos I had it
Old and valid visas and stamped passport pages
PCC
Deed of assignment
Birth certificates of my kids
Passport biodata page of spouse
Passport biodata page of mum (expired)
Death certificate of father
4 pictures - with spouse, kids and mum

Things that may have helped me:
* I have valid US and Canadian visit visas and just returned from a recent trip to Canada to visit daughter.
* I approached 2 MP's, one responded and said background check was passed but eligibility hadn't started as at September, other MP didn't respond.
* After my return from Canada in September, sent about 5/6 webforms and same amount of emails, sent about once every week, different days of the week. Different story each week but basically asking for a decision to be made on my application.
* Didn't apply with second daughter and husband
* Tuition paid in full
* My coy is funding my studies, so included a board resolution letter approving amount to be spent.

This platform has been great and I can't quantify the wealth of information you can get from here as long as you're patient and willing to research, will share some tips:

If you're following this thread or any other one you're interested in, leave the tab open on your device, that way you can come back and continue from where you stopped, just refresh to load new pages. You won't then miss responses to any questions you've asked or new points/stories that have been shared.
Use the notes app on your phone. If there's any information that has been shared on nairaland or any other platform that you think will be useful to you or someone else, copy it out and paste it in the notes app. This way, that information is easily accessible to you in the future, just use your search tab on the app. I find this is more helpful than screenshots.
Google and YouTube the heck out of everything! NairaLand is great because it gives you the perspective of Nigerians living in Nigeria, who are on the same journey as you but there are other resources you should make use of because it shows you what other nationalities are doing to get their applications approved. Some simple questions can even easily be answered once you use Google & YouTube, believe me you get samples of documents, updates on travel requirements, school recommendations, meaning of abbreviations, literally everything is available there, just type in key words and voila, you're in.

Lastly, thank you to each and everyone that has shared their journey here, thank you to people who've lent a helping hand to total strangers. As someone who is private myself, I know the first instinct might be not to bother to share your story but trust me, it helps in encouraging and hopefully giving people the needed push.
My program starts in January 2023 and once I'm settled in, I "wish" to help people reach out to MP's cos I noticed they hardly respond to people living outside of Canada, I'm hoping it will be possible. This offer will be free and for people whose applications have significantly gone beyond the standard processing time and it will be at my discretion.
Best of luck to everyone!

7 Likes

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by larryrichie: 3:21pm On Dec 01, 2022
Congratulations to you.. did your eligibility started

rexokemute:
First time Applicant.

Omg I can't even type. Applied myself and learnt about all the different paths and documents here on nairaland.
Timeline
Application submitted - - August 4
Biometrics collection letter --August 4
Biometrics Update-- August 8

Medicals passed--September 22

We sent emails ahhh, we sent emails, just seeing November applicants, only yesterday I fired Nairobi 75 emails.
This morning i started again and lo and behold

Correspondence letter--November 30th
PPr--November 30th

We are a family of 4, so SOWP for my hubby and Study permit for my 2 kids.

Thank you all and I pray that all of us will be successful. Just patience.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by rexokemute: 3:31pm On Dec 01, 2022
larryrichie:
Congratulations to you.. did your eligibility started

It's funny, profile still reads eligibility is being reviewed.

Eligibility didn't change

2 Likes

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by Kelvinace: 3:37pm On Dec 01, 2022
It would change after your passport has been stamped

rexokemute:

It's funny, profile still reads eligibility is being reviewed.

Eligibility didn't change

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by Tymally: 4:20pm On Dec 01, 2022
I just got my visa approved, a first timer. Attached is my timeline. It's self application thanks to the info I got on here and the videos I watched on Youtube. I did an upfront medicals which was approved on July 13.

I have a dilemma, though. I already commenced my MSc in the UK which will end next year. I had to defer my Canadian Msc admission till Aug 2023. However, my plan is to apply for Ph.D. in a course related to what I am currently studying and it is quite different from my Canadian Msc admission. I am also planning on changing my school.

My questions:

1. Can I send my passport to the London vfs office

2. How do I go about informing the Canadian embassy about my course and school change (should I be able to secure the Ph.D. admission) or do I need to apply for a new visa

3. How long is the validity of my visa for entry into Canada?

Thank you all for the great job.

18 Likes

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by Blackgoldjoe: 4:23pm On Dec 01, 2022
MamaBams:
Congratulations to you sis.
Love your spirit and I admire your tenacity.

congratulations

2 Likes

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by Pace6: 4:34pm On Dec 01, 2022
Tgbengus151:
PPR Alert guys!

Application submitted: August 2nd
PPR Dropped: November 30th.

I was ushered into the new month with such good news. It was my fourth application. The feeling has been amazing since last night. I pray everyone experience this overwhelming joy.

I will provide my documents submitted but I need to be updated on if i can walk-in to submit my passport in the Vfs office in Lagos tomorrow and the necessary documents. I have also misplaced the yellow biometrics slip, how can i rectify that?

Congratulations

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by Pace6: 4:36pm On Dec 01, 2022
Tymally:
I just got my visa approved, a first timer. Attached is my timeline. It's self application thanks to the info I got on here and the videos I watched on Youtube. I did an upfront medicals which was approved on July 13.

I have a dilemma, though. I already commenced my MSc in the UK which will end next year. I had to defer my Canadian Msc admission till Aug 2023. However, my plan is to apply for Ph.D. in a course related to what I am currently studying and it is quite different from my Canadian Msc admission. I am also planning on changing my school.

My questions:

2. How do I go about informing the Canadian embassy about my course and school change (should I be able to secure the Ph.D. admission) or do I need to apply for a new visa

Congratulations ��
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by Blackgoldjoe: 5:02pm On Dec 01, 2022
Tymally:

My questions:

congratulations
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by Ocool: 5:16pm On Dec 01, 2022
Timeline (REFUSAL)

Upfront medical = 19 July 2022

Application submitted = 04 August 2022

Biometric = 04 August 2022 and updated same day immidietly

Program deferred = 13 September 2022

IRCC notified of program deferred and complained about medical not updated = 14 September 2022

Request from IRCC to send e-medical form = 14 September 2022

Medical passed = 14 September 2022 (This shows they can process an application within a day but just doing what suits them).

Series webforms and emails at 6am Nigerian on daily basis since last week Monday.

Refusal = 01 December 2022 at 16:40.

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by Zdr1: 5:29pm On Dec 01, 2022
Hi guys I got bvl just five minutes ago nothing else for now does it means a step to approval or still waiting in line for whatever

Applied August 9th new portal

I have sent over 45 mails including calling out Sean Fraser on twitter

2 Likes

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by miimssss: 5:35pm On Dec 01, 2022
Hello All,

Please any idea on the fastest bank for Form A processing ?
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by johnstan(m): 5:36pm On Dec 01, 2022
Ocool:
Timeline (REFUSAL)

Upfront medical = 19 July 2022

Application submitted = 04 August 2022

Biometric = 04 August 2022 and updated same day immidietly

Program deferred = 13 September 2022

IRCC notified of program deferred and complained about medical not updated = 14 September 2022

Request from IRCC to send e-medical form = 14 September 2022

Medical passed = 14 September 2022 (This shows they can process an application within a day but just doing what suits them).

Series webforms and emails at 6am Nigerian on daily basis since last week Monday.

Refusal = 01 December 2022 at 16:40.

So sorry about this bro.
Good to know you're working on UK as an alternative.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by HazeeyzaH(f): 5:50pm On Dec 01, 2022
Alhamdulilah!!!
My PPR is here!!!
August 7th Applicant

23 Likes 1 Share

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by Lixusheng(m): 5:58pm On Dec 01, 2022
Abolade4545:
Hello everyone ,please can someone kindly send all these IRCC mails so I can start to fire them

grin
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by Marieeee: 5:58pm On Dec 01, 2022
About to apply

I need help with the Canadian study permit application process. I got admission to UManitoba BSC, but the thing is am 23 years of age. And my agent said the embassy might wonder what i did within the 7 years gap since i finished secondary school in 2015. So i don't know if i should explain that in my SOP or not. And for the proof of funds, is there a bank that can help me with the money? i mean the school fee for first year is $21000 canadian so i'm thinking of using a bank that can help me put like $30000 in the account to stand as proof of funds during this process, I don't know if that's possible. And lastly i heard the proof of funds has to be from 4months before applying. Please how true is that? Help

(1) (2) (3) ... (567) (568) (569) (570) (571) (572) (573) ... (1317)

General Australian Student Visa Enquiries Part 3 / Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 6 / Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 3

Viewing this topic: 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 69
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.