Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,590 members, 7,809,138 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 12:57 AM

Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 - Travel (896) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 (1211077 Views)

Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 21 / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 20 / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (893) (894) (895) (896) (897) (898) (899) ... (1317) (Go Down)

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by Republic001: 10:00am On Mar 08, 2023
Pls house under the IMM form...pls how do I determine the amount of funds available for my stay..is it the amount on my sponsor Closing balance or how do it determine it..pls
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by Kween2014: 10:14am On Mar 08, 2023
Seneca College offers Business Analytics.

Eniolakate:
Can anyone help me please? I beg you. I know my post is long but I just wanted to share all the details so that there won't be a back-and-forth...

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by JDB55(m): 10:20am On Mar 08, 2023
JESUSSON1:
Sorry for the refusal. Do u have any lump sum that u didnt explain well? do u include evidence of part of ur tuition fee payment and explain it too in ur SOP?. Do u show evidence of source of income
I included the evidence of the first semester tuition deposit i made, i submitted my CAC cert, tax clearance & past transactions with clients. As for Lump-sum (I don't think there are any), my account is always busy- money goes in and out on a daily basis.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by Kween2014: 10:23am On Mar 08, 2023
Please request for your GCMS notes immediately. It will give you a better insight as to why you were refused.
JDB55:
I included the evidence of the first semester tuition deposit i made, i submitted my CAC cert, tax clearance & past transactions with clients. As for Lump-sum (I don't think there are any), my account is always busy- money goes in and out on a daily basis.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by Mrpositivevibes: 10:29am On Mar 08, 2023
[quote author=patrick2015 post=121501089][/quote]
Hello bro, I am currently residing in europe with with 6 years gap after completing my bachelors in Europe. I have received my admission for masters in one week after applying.
1) I am 30+ years old, and a Nigerian
2) I am married to a white lady but I intend to move from Europe to Canada alone. In the future she can come over to Canada. I have our marriage certificate as prove
3) I intend paying my full tuition fees before applying for visa
4) I will also purchase a GIC
5) I am working here and I have a work contract of 2.5k€ monthly
My question; Do I necessary need to have a home tie to Nigeria like properties, as I currently don't have any, or I can apply with the above mention facts about me. Can anyone here please help me with this information ?
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by JESUSSON1: 10:37am On Mar 08, 2023
apply GCMS note to know the real reasons.
JDB55:
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by Mrpositivevibes: 10:50am On Mar 08, 2023
Hello guys,

I recently received my acceptance letter for my PGD program. I currently reside in Europe and did my bachelors in Europe.

1) I am 30+ years old
2) Study gap of 6 years
3) Marrried to a white Lady, we have our marriage certificate. but I will be going to Canada alone. She will join me later.
4)I have no tie to Nigeria(Landed properties). the only tie I have to Nigeria is my Family(parents and siblings are living in Nigeria)
5) I intend to pay my full tuition before applying for a visa
6) I will also buy a GIC for prove of funds
7) I am currently employed and I earn well for myself. I have a work contract
cool I have travel history(visa) within Europe(schengen) and some other African countries

My question is can I apply with the above listed documents or I would need to have a tie to Nigeria(propertie) for a better chance with visa, can any please help with this question?

2 Likes

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by Welsh2np: 10:52am On Mar 08, 2023
JDB55:
My SP got refused yesterday

App Submitted: February 21st
Biometrics: February 27th (got updated same day)
Breakfast: March 7th (last night)

Generic Response;

I am not satisfied that you will leave Canada at the end of your stay as required by
paragraph R216(1)(b) of the IRPR (https://laws-lois.justice.gc.ca/eng/regulations/sor-2002-227/
section-216.html). I am refusing your application because you have not established that you will
leave Canada, based on the following factors:

• Your assets and financial situation are insufficient to support the stated purpose of travel
for yourself (and any accompanying family member(s), if applicable).

I've been weak and tired since last night 🥺

Sorry about your refusal. That was such an early decision.
Just about 2weeks.

Welp, just go right ahead and get your notes. I’m sure it could be just a little oversight that can be addressed properly in a reapplication and towards a successful application.

All the best!

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by Olayinkaji(m): 11:07am On Mar 08, 2023
JESUSSON1:
Please could share with us what u did differently this time around from the first application. Maybe why they refused ur first application and u sorted it out in ur second application. Thanks. Cheers!!!!
Initially I used an agent who went to apply for a post-secondary course for me. That didn't show enough career progression, a B.Sc. going for a post-secondary course. And my SOP was also vague.

WHat I did, I went for a Post Graduate Certificate course in Project Management, what I am doing presently at my work place (Project Officer), and explained why I need the course to help further my career in my organization. Also attached a training certificate program in my SOP etc. and explained why I was denied in my SOP too detailing my mistakes.

I organized my SOP bit by bit for more clarity instead of like an essay.

Also I paid a semester tuition fee.

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by Olayinkaji(m): 11:08am On Mar 08, 2023
Please how can i send my passport through DHL. I am at ibadan and work might not alow me? Also do they open on Saturdays?
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by JESUSSON1: 11:13am On Mar 08, 2023
Thanks u a lot for the feedback, at least some of us will learn from it. Cheers!!!.
Olayinkaji:

Initially I used an agent who went to apply for a post-secondary course for me. That didn't show enough career progression, a B.Sc. going for a post-secondary course. And my SOP was also vague.

WHat I did, I went for a Post Graduate Certificate course in Project Management, what I am doing presently at my work place (Project Officer), and explained why I need the course to help further my career in my organization. Also attached a training certificate program in my SOP etc. and explained why I was denied in my SOP too detailing my mistakes.

I organized my SOP bit by bit for more clarity instead of like an essay.

Also I paid a semester tuition fee.

2 Likes

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by jimikata(m): 1:00pm On Mar 08, 2023
Hello guys..,
Please help me, I requested for my CBSA notes and it came out this morning, but I don't understand it, does it mean my study permit has been approved.
I used an agent and he hasn't communicate with me.

5 Likes

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by JESUSSON1: 1:03pm On Mar 08, 2023
Yes. Congrats. U can go ahead and share ur timeline with us
jimikata:
Hello guys..,
Please help me, I requested for my CBSA notes and it came out this morning, but I don't understand it, does it mean my study permit has been approved.

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by Yemlizzy(f): 1:43pm On Mar 08, 2023
Wunmi4:
hi I'm planning university of manitoba for winter next year,can we be in contact?
….
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by ChiomaMC: 1:49pm On Mar 08, 2023
Talking about different bank, don't I need to fund my account in them? or can I initiate form A without money in my account?
Secondly can I fill Form A twice online?

BenedictStinson:

At this point you have to try different options. When I was paying my form A. I opened Uba, Jaiz Zenith and Unity banks account along with my Normal Gt bank just to get the fastest possible option. Find out your account manager(s) and try and plead your case.
End of the month is achievable if they decide to favour you but if not you might probably have to look into paying only the initial deposit of 2300 with black market and then the balance with Form A. The deposit should at least confirm your place in the program and show seriousness on your part though confirm from your school before going through this route
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by pufframmy: 2:33pm On Mar 08, 2023
congratulation kindly share your timeline and documents submitted
socially4fun:
It’s PPR. Thank you so much everyone who assisted, special mention to Johnstan. Thank you.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by Thomsyne(m): 2:59pm On Mar 08, 2023
jimikata:
Hello guys..,

Yup, your application has been approved. Congrats!
Reach out to your agent because you have 30 days from the day they approve for you to send your passport. I think 30 or 90, not sure but most likely 30.

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by BenedictStinson(m): 3:03pm On Mar 08, 2023
ChiomaMC:
Talking about different bank, don't I need to fund my account in them? or can I initiate form A without money in my account?
Secondly can I fill Form A twice online?

For some banks ,you don't need to find till the approval stage but that is also what I meant by trying different things. It's not just by sitting at home and typing on your phone. Go to the banks. Speak to the customer care. Find out who will be your account officers etc. If not then be prepared to pay through black market
You can initiate a form A transaction as many times as you like. I had about 4 pending.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by Cath1234(f): 3:38pm On Mar 08, 2023
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by Cath1234(f): 3:40pm On Mar 08, 2023
PPR came in yesterday, my own is a testimony , What God cannot do doesnot exist , you see this God and NSPPD . If you are not in NSPPD my dear better rush there because I am a living testimony.

Yesterday 7th was the first day of fasting (3days fasting in NSPPD) Infact that day I was crying and sad , I didn’t know it will be around 8.50pm something I will carry my evidence ).

Study permit approve(husband) , work permit approve ( wife ) and daughter ( visit visa ) . I use agent for my application…
Timeline :
Admission given : august
Upfront medical: september can’t remember the date
We have been gathering documents up and down and my agent delay us we were saying God which kind devil be this Infact we didn’t know God was preparing a better ahead , we have to pay for police report twice because the one we did September expire in December we had to do another one ,. In all God is the greatest .
February 12th : Application submitted
February 12th: biometric request
February 20th: biometric done ( it was not updated according to my agent )
February 27th : medical passed
March 7th : PPR landed for my husband (study permit) myself ( work permit ), daughter ( visit visa )
What God cannot do doesnot really exist …

Documents submitted
1.My sister husband was the sponsor , he provided all the bank details his companies details.

2. Payslip for wife , husband (3months )
3. Land documents , including rental incomes ,
4. Cv, transcript , school credentials both wife and husband
5. Employment letter
6. Paid study leave
7. Royal documents showing am from a royal family
8. Fixed deposit of 5million .

9 Likes

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by oshinrizle: 3:40pm On Mar 08, 2023
Was the course for one or two years ?
Typically you should be showing minimum of about $30,000.

JDB55:
I'm going as a self-sponsored and I've made part payment of my tuition fees ($6,504 CAD). My tuition fees for 1yr program is $17,504, i showed $25,486 as POF.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by JDB55(m): 3:58pm On Mar 08, 2023
oshinrizle:
Was the course for one or two years ?
Typically you should be showing minimum of about $30,000.

1year program
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by Bankinova: 4:09pm On Mar 08, 2023
Hello Good People,

JUST ABOUT TO START MY STUDY PERMIT APPLICATION AND I THINK I NEED ADVICES FROM AN IMMIGRATION CONSULTANT.

I NEED YOU TO PLEASE RECOMMEND A LEGIT ONE FOR ME.

THANK YOU.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by donshegzy: 4:12pm On Mar 08, 2023
Hello, can you share a copy of your SOP with me or better still any template you used.

Thank you.

Olayinkaji:
Please how can i send my passport through DHL. I am at ibadan and work might not alow me? Also do they open on Saturdays?
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by Danielmadu: 4:13pm On Mar 08, 2023
[quote author=jimikata post=121573860]Hello guys..,
Please help me, I requested for my CBSA notes and it came out this mor
Please help me, I requested for my CBSA notes and it came out this morning, but I don't understand it, does it mean my study permit has been

congrats dear!!! Pls can you share your timeline with us 🙏🙏

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by JESUSSON1: 4:13pm On Mar 08, 2023
Congrats. May mapple land favor U. Using ur sister's husband as the sponsor, how did u prove the relationship link, and financial commitment ?
Cath1234:
PPR came in yesterday, my own is a testimony , What God cannot do doesnot exist , you see this God and NSPPD . If you are not in NSPPD my dear better rush there because I am a living testimony.

Yesterday 7th was the first day of fasting (3days fasting in NSPPD) Infact that day I was crying and sad , I didn’t know it will be around 8.50pm something I will carry my evidence ).

Study permit approve(husband) , work permit approve ( wife ) and daughter ( visit visa ) . I use agent for my application…
Timeline :
Admission given : august
Upfront medical: september can’t remember the date
We have been gathering documents up and down and my agent delay us we were saying God which kind devil be this Infact we didn’t know God was preparing a better ahead , we have to pay for police report twice because the one we did September expire in December we had to do another one ,. In all God is the greatest .
February 12th : Application submitted
February 12th: biometric request
February 20th: biometric done ( it was not updated according to my agent )
February 27th : medical passed
March 7th : PPR landed for my husband (study permit) myself ( work permit ), daughter ( visit visa )
What God cannot do doesnot really exist …

Documents submitted
1.My sister husband was the sponsor , he provided all the bank details his companies details.

2. Payslip for wife , husband (3months )
3. Land documents , including rental incomes ,
4. Cv, transcript , school credentials both wife and husband
5. Employment letter
6. Paid study leave
7. Royal documents showing am from a royal family
8. Fixed deposit of 5million .

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by Danielmadu: 4:18pm On Mar 08, 2023
[quote author=Danielmadu post=121578859][/quote] good evening house ! Pls i need an advice i recently paid my first semester tuition fee and about to start permit process and my agent is tell me he would help me with a POF which he claimed it's more cheaper than the requesting for pof service , he’s actual in Canada I'm confused pls i need help🙏🙏
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by Zbk001: 4:20pm On Mar 08, 2023
Good day pals; pls what is equivalent years for 16 month Masters program and how many years PGWP will be given to such individual…

This questions have burden me for sometime now…really need ur response, tanks

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by johnstan(m): 4:21pm On Mar 08, 2023
socially4fun:
It’s PPR. Thank you so much everyone who assisted, special mention to Johnstan. Thank you.

Awesome cool, congratulations is in order.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by Eniolakate: 4:21pm On Mar 08, 2023
Thank you very much for your help so far.

Yes, I saw this (with Seneca College). But it's a 1-year course. That's the challenge sad. However, I found a program at Loyalist college - Finance and Analytics - the course outline is great but it is under the Post-secondary programs tab. However, for int'l students, they wrote this under Admission requirements.

International applicants must provide proof of academic standing equivalent to the Ontario Secondary School Diploma (OSSD) (Grade 12), along with transcripts from any post-secondary education (if applicable).

The following certificates are acceptable for admission:

Scanned original, secondary school graduation transcripts.
Scanned original, university/post secondary graduation transcripts (for post-grad).
Certified translation if applicable. All documents must be in English.
English proficiency test results.

So my question is: can I still apply for this course as a university graduate (with about 12 year study gap) or do I have to specifically go for a [b]PGD program?[/b]

Kween2014:
Seneca College offers Business Analytics.

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by johnstan(m): 4:22pm On Mar 08, 2023
BenedictStinson:

Omo how the toilet(s) day for the plane because all those hours person go need enter bathroom. I've never needed a toilet on a domestic flight but those are highest an hour plus

Lol, for the most part it was clean. My last connecting flight was messy with people peeping without flushing and staining the seater cheesy.
Overall you will be fine.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by johnstan(m): 4:26pm On Mar 08, 2023
BenedictStinson:

Would you advise Airbnb or a regular 2-3 star hotel/motel? cause the bnbs are looking quite expensive and they apparently have less services than a regular hotel. I am planning on arriving
London Ontario(Fanshawe) late April. Also can you get a phone plan at the airport so you can immediately be equipped before entering ?

Yea they are expensive when u book close to your arrival. I'm not sure about hotels cos I booked an Airbnb. The place I stayed had full services like WiFi, equiped kitchen etc.
Just look for the cheapest option and go for it.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) ... (893) (894) (895) (896) (897) (898) (899) ... (1317)

General Australian Student Visa Enquiries Part 3 / Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 6 / Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 3

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 54
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.