Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,277 members, 7,807,932 topics. Date: Wednesday, 24 April 2024 at 11:02 PM

Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 - Travel (10) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 (1210251 Views)

Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 21 / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 20 / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) ... (1317) (Go Down)

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by Kehmy(f): 1:35am On Aug 02, 2022
Femioye337:
Yhhh I am

Me too
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by Princeofabia: 2:21am On Aug 02, 2022
LuvNLight:
My PPR will come tomorrow and I will testify to the Glory of God the Creator.

Let me get a Resounding Amen from everyone especially those who are also Expecting PPR.

JESUS IS LORD!!!
Amen

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by Gilb231: 3:00am On Aug 02, 2022
JustMellow:

Thank you! I will wait till at least 2 weeks before resumption.

@JustMellow

Hello Gilb231,

Be patient for a finalization outcome. You can always defer before the commencement of your session if a decision is not reached by then. You can defer at least 2 weeks to class resumption to get an early response.

Success is all I wish You!
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by Gilb231: 3:03am On Aug 02, 2022
I will book online medicals right away. It’s my second time applying so I just figured my medicals are still valid for a year. The results are from November. I will book again to avoid being caught out. We will testify very soon IJN !

I’m
AkeemTy:
same situation as you although I applied for a study permit on 7th June 2022. I will go do the upfront medicals on 3rd August 2022 so nothing disrupts my chances of resuming classes on the 6th September if eventually my study permit is approved. The school I applied to does not do deferrals and i must resume for the first day of classes. So timing is running out on me. I will suggest you book upfront medicals also within this week as spaces can run out fast.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by AkeemTy(m): 3:35am On Aug 02, 2022
Okay, but have you confirmed if your first medicals is still valid? Although this is my first time applying, I don't really know the validity period of the medicals.
Gilb231:

I will book online medicals right away. It’s my second time applying so I just figured my medicals are still valid for a year. The results are from November. I will book again to avoid being caught out. We will testify very soon IJN !

I’m
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by ShowYoung: 7:17am On Aug 02, 2022
Sanyaa:
I expect to get my student visa soonest, but I will like to apply for my girlfriend under the common law, is this still possible? I heard it's late already but don't know how true, do I have to get the ppr first? If yes, can it be applied for when I arrive in canada? or it is something that should have been done before submitting the application. @makano @showyoung @lekiboboe and anyone who could kindly shed light, Thanks

It's best to receive a decision before planning on applying for your common law partner.

If you receive a positive decision, ensure you get to Canada before submitting SOWP for your partner.

While Canada recognises common law relationship, I think it costs you nothing to spend 26k to obtain your marriage certificate if you don't want to spend money on celebrations.

To prove common law relationship, you must be able show that you and your partner have been cohabiting for at least 12 months. Some of the things to show this are not limited to the followings: proof of living in same address, bank account, children etc.

2 Likes

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by kpiper2473: 7:22am On Aug 02, 2022
Hello Nairalanders.
I have a question on behalf of a friend.
She just got admission and she is planning to put in her application. Over the years of work, She has been able to to save about 12M. Her tuition fees is about 18,000CAD.
My questions are
1, Is the 12 million an enough balance to submit with her application?
2. Her Salary is a little bit over 100K but the tips she gets is the real deal. Does she need to explain how she got the money or her employment details can take care of that?
3. Does she have to make an initial deposit ?

Answers Please!
God bless
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by ShowYoung: 7:25am On Aug 02, 2022
Margs:
Hello everyone, I have a few questions to ask. This is my third time trying to do Canada in 5 years. Somehow I have never been able to go through with it. But this really is it - no time to waste anymore.

Female. I am working on a student visa for myself. I am applying to become an esthetician and sent applications to a few colleges in Ontario. Background is in Finance - I have worked for over 15 years. First degree is in Physics and I have ICAN and a few certifications. Almost completed an MBA with a UK Uni (online - not sure I can complete with work and all). I started a skin care product line early this year after studying online for two years (plus a few months). Now have a business set up with about 9 products - CAC, NAFDAC, Trademarks etc. Plan to study to scale business to a spa line. School is for 2 years - business can run without me.

Questions:
1. Is this a viable entry point to Canada? I am female and over 45.
2. I have a son who is 18 plus and in Uni in Nigeria. Can I apply with him? I do not want to disrupt his school - uni in Abuja? How can I do this? Or do I have to apply with him coming to Canada with me?
3. Is it worth it trying this route - age and all.

thanks and look forward to some feedback and help. thank you

1. Nothing is impossible: your plan is feasible, but see to it you are consistent in your information.

I assume you mean you have applied for Canadian Visa twice earlier, this is gonna be the third time: if this is true, kindly note they have your information including the reasons you gave earlier for wanting to travel to Canada. You must be able to align every detail to "fix into socket without an opening".

2. Your son is no more a minor. You must be ready to provide a tenable reason for him joining you. Were it for me, I would go alone because he would serve as a home tie for me. Perhaps, I might process for him after I am successful in mine. Alternatively, you could sponsor your son to study while you stay back.

3. It's feasible.

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by ShowYoung: 7:31am On Aug 02, 2022
kpiper2473:
Hello Nairalanders.
I have a question on behalf of a friend.
She just got admission and she is planning to put in her application. Over the years of work, She has been able to to save about 12M. Her tuition fees is about 18,000CAD.
My questions are
1, Is the 12 million an enough balance to submit with her application?
2. Her Salary is a little bit over 100K but the tips she gets is the real deal. Does she need to explain how she got the money or her employment details can take care of that?
3. Does she have to make an initial deposit ?

Answers Please!
God bless

Answers:
1. This can only be answered if you provide more information relating to duration of study.

2. Canada doesn't investigate your source of income insofar it's your past savings. Meanwhile, lump sums must be explained. When IRCC sees unexplained lump sums, they believe your intent is to inflate the account balance for visa purpose. You must also disclose your job. You can decide to (not) mention your income depending on the strength you feel it will have in supporting your application

3. If your school requires tuition deposit, it must be honoured. If your school doesn't, you need not

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by kpiper2473: 7:39am On Aug 02, 2022
ShowYoung:

Answers:
1. This can only be answered if you provide more information relating to duration of study.

2. Canada doesn't investigate your source of income insofar it's your past savings. Meanwhile, lump sums must be explained. When IRCC sees unexplained lump sums, they believe your intent is to inflate the account balance for visa purpose. You must also disclose your job. You can decide to (not) mention your income depending on the strength you feel it will have in supporting your application

3. If your school requires tuition deposit, it must be honoured. If your school doesn't, you need not

Thanks Sir, The duration of study is from January 29 2023 to August 18 2023. Please advise further.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by ShowYoung: 7:45am On Aug 02, 2022
kpiper2473:

Thanks Sir, The duration of study is from January 29 2023 to August 18 2023. Please advise further.

This equates to a year.

You must be ready to show:

1. Tuition fee $18,000.
2. Living expenses $10,000.
3. Miscellaneous expenses $3,000+
Total $31,000+. This is in Canadian Dollar.
Convert to Naira.

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by blazetitov: 7:54am On Aug 02, 2022
Ajaxa:
Please Gurus in the house. Yankee don do me two times. I'm a graduate of Business Administration from the university of ilorin with a second class upper of 3.82/5 please I need you to help me with cheap schools which offers MBA or any other management related courses without IELTS or any other text requirements. Thank you all for your help. We shall all get there one day by God's grace

Try UNB Saint John.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by ShowYoung: 7:59am On Aug 02, 2022
Ajaxa:
Please Gurus in the house. Yankee don do me two times. I'm a graduate of Business Administration from the university of ilorin with a second class upper of 3.82/5 please I need you to help me with cheap schools which offers MBA or any other management related courses without IELTS or any other text requirements. Thank you all for your help. We shall all get there one day by God's grace

University of Manitoba.
MBA. Management.
https://umanitoba.ca/explore/programs-of-study/business-administration-mba

University of Northern British Columbia.
MBA.
https://www2.unbc.ca/calendar/graduate/business-administration

University of Northern British Columbia
MSc. Business Administration.
https://www2.unbc.ca/calendar/graduate/business-administration-msc

If you don't want to limit yourself to Business Administration, you can try others.

University of Saskatchewan.
Master of Public Policy.
https://grad.usask.ca/programs/public-policy.php

University of Saskatchewan.
Master of Public Administration.
https://grad.usask.ca/programs/public-administration.php

2 Likes

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by Shayo5: 8:17am On Aug 02, 2022
Good morning

to everyone resuming next month and still waiting on IRCC/CIC, may we receive positive responses soon in Jesus name.

Now that Nairobi's mailbox is not receiving emails what else can one do?

16 Likes

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by Teeunz: 8:34am On Aug 02, 2022
Good morning everyone.
Showers off PPR blessings this Month!
Please does anyone know where l can find Universal Travellers Adapter in Abuja (where l can purchase it)
Something like this picture below
Thanks a lot.

2 Likes

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by CharitoJames(f): 8:55am On Aug 02, 2022
I have been helped by God! What God cannot do does not exist #NSPPD #7amFirePrayers

It is coming!!!

15 Likes

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by Frankrobbn1: 9:14am On Aug 02, 2022
I have been anticipating to see the end of the Part 21 thread, and it is with a great joy that I welcome you to the Canadian Student Visa Thread PART 22. We thank God for sparing our lives to witness this new phase and return all the glory to him. I strongly believe that this new phase of the thread will bring postive changes to respective applications and many shall share their success stories here.

As a senior member of this platform, I take the opportunity to invoke the power in the name of Jesus Christ and speak in life into every TRV applications awaiting response from IRCC. Today, I come with the full anointing of the Holy Ghost and I stand as an Oracle of the Most high God to decree and declare that as many of you that are believing God for TRV success, may God in heaven open every closed doors in your life and may the Visa officers at the Canadian embassy be forced to grant you your visas... Brethren, there is no immigration case God can't solve, believe in his word that “He Makes Every Crooked places Straight" (Isaiah 45: 2).

I, therefore call forth the heavenly beings (Archangles) to take charge of every applications on this platform and perfect everything that concerns your application this time. This part 22 will be filled with lots of testimonies and success stories in Jesus Name!

If you believe strongly in the grace of God Almighty, as you punch on the LIKE BUTTON, may heaven intervene in your case and may your application find favour in the sight of the responsible immigration officer. As you shout the loudest AMEN!, may it come to perfection in Jesus name!.

Your Case is settled forever... Go and Rejoice for your success story is near.

Part 22 Grace --------------------------》100% Loaded!

I am rooting for everyone and looking forward to a prolific reign on this thread. I'm also committed to ensuring the continuity and progress of this window.

As always, IT WILL END IN PRAISES FOR EVERYONE

PS: Thank you @Justwise for creating this new chapter of the thread.

130 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by olokings(m): 9:40am On Aug 02, 2022
Last lap of the race have commenced.

Ghost Update!!! Eligibility Review commenced today (for my family x5) even though MP report from 11th July indicated eligibility started since early July.

Fingers crossed for final decision for me and my family!!!!

Let us ginger others too.

Peace.

24 Likes

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by Linzo(m): 9:45am On Aug 02, 2022
Hello friends, please I need urgent answer on this. I m currently making travel estimate for a friend who got admitted in Brandon for Bsc, but I got stocked with the Visa fee.

So my question is HOW MUCH IS CANADA STUDENT VISA FEE FOR SOMEONE APPLYING ONLINE?

Please some should help me with real figure either in CAD,NAIRA OR USD, to pay upon submitting the application online. Thanks on anticipation

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by Gigdraft: 9:50am On Aug 02, 2022
Linzo:
Hello friends, please I need urgent answer on this. I m currently making travel estimate for a friend who got admitted in Brandon for Bsc, but I got stocked with the Visa fee.

So my question is HOW MUCH IS CANADA STUDENT VISA FEE FOR SOMEONE APPLYING ONLINE?

Please some should help me with real figure either in CAD,NAIRA OR USD, to pay upon submitting the application online. Thanks on anticipation
Hello Linzo,

The current cost of Canada Study Permit is 150 CAD.

Good luck with your friend's application.

7 Likes

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by Mercyfoundme05: 9:51am On Aug 02, 2022
Frankrobbn1:
I have been anticipating to see the end of the Part 21 thread, and it is with a great joy that I welcome you to the Canadian Student Visa Thread PART 22. We thank God for sparing our lives to witness this new phase and return all the glory to him. I strongly believe that this new phase of the thread will bring postive changes to respective applications and many shall share their success stories here.

As a senior member of this platform, I take the opportunity to invoke the power in the name of Jesus Christ and speak in life into every TRV applications awaiting response from IRCC. Today, I come with the full anointing of the Holy Ghost and I stand as an Oracle of the Most high God to decree and declare that as many of you that are believing God for TRV success, may God in heaven open every closed doors in your life and may the Visa officers at the Canadian embassy be forced to grant you your visas... Brethren, there is no immigration case God can't solve, believe in his word that “He Makes Every Crooked places Straight" (Isaiah 45: 2).

I, therefore call forth the heavenly beings (Archangles) to take charge of every applications on this platform and perfect everything that concerns your application this time. This part 22 will be filled with lots of testimonies and success stories in Jesus Name!

If you believe strongly in the grace of God Almighty, as you punch on the LIKE BUTTON, may heaven intervene in your case and may your application find favour in the sight of the responsible immigration officer. As you shout the loudest AMEN!, may it come to perfection in Jesus name!.

I am rooting for everyone and looking forward to a prolific reign on this thread. I'm also committed to ensuring the continuity and progress of this window.

Amen

3 Likes

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by Dolex86: 9:55am On Aug 02, 2022
Amen IJN
Frankrobbn1:

4 Likes

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by glotalk: 10:05am On Aug 02, 2022
i am booking a space for my PPR this week. what God can not do those not exist. it will end in praise to all awaiting PPR

6 Likes

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by Linzo(m): 10:06am On Aug 02, 2022
Gigdraft:

Hello Linzo,

Thank you so much

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by emmy4Gold: 11:02am On Aug 02, 2022
Gigdraft:

Hello Linzo,

Hello Linzo, 150 CAD excluding the biometric fee. The total is 235 CAD. However, if one has done biometric before in ones previous application, then 150 CAD is the amount one is expected to pay.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by CharitoJames(f): 11:02am On Aug 02, 2022
olokings:
Last lap of the race have commenced.

Ghost Update!!! Eligibility Review commenced today (for my family x5) even though MP report from 11th July indicated eligibility started since early July.

Fingers crossed for final decision for me and my family!!!!

Let us ginger others too.

Peace.

Congratulations in advance

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by Tcrown2020(f): 11:21am On Aug 02, 2022
[quote author=hayqinsbFX post=115283709]Help o
Passport was sent to vfs Abuja and DHL tracking says consigned refused to accept the document.

Pls who has experienced this before!?[/quote
I had the experience before . Did you pay the 990 naira sms in addition to the 9410?
Those people are terrible. They wasted my money & time

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by Gigdraft: 11:53am On Aug 02, 2022
emmy4Gold:

Hello Linzo, 150 CAD excluding the biometric fee. The total is 235 CAD. However, if one has done biometric before in ones previous application, then 150 CAD is the amount one is expected to pay.
Hi Emmy4Gold,

I think you mistakenly quoted the wrong handle. I am not Linzo, please. Besides, Visa fee and Biometric fee are not the same.

They are paid separately.

Visa Fee is 150 CAD
Biometric Fee is 85 CAD

Medical Fee: N46,500 (Q-Life) or N46,500 (IOM)

Hence, when Linzo asked, "How much is Visa fee?" He meant Visa fee, and not Biometric fee.

Let me know if you have any question.

Have a great day!

12 Likes 1 Share

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by TInioluwa: 12:07pm On Aug 02, 2022
Hi Everyone,

I am looking for someone who is moving to St John's for the fall term and is willing to share a flat.

Preferably male and has already received their PPR.

Thanks.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by 2pretty4u(f): 12:11pm On Aug 02, 2022
Frankrobbn1:

Amen

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by 2pretty4u(f): 12:15pm On Aug 02, 2022
My family has been helped by the Lord. It is our turn to be congratulated.

Congratulations to me and my family.

Congratulation to everyone waiting for their PPR.

12 Likes

(1) (2) (3) ... (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) ... (1317)

General Australian Student Visa Enquiries Part 3 / Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 6 / Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 3

Viewing this topic: 2 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 68
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.