Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,149,975 members, 7,806,834 topics. Date: Wednesday, 24 April 2024 at 03:03 AM

Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 - Travel (938) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 (1209519 Views)

Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 21 / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 20 / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (935) (936) (937) (938) (939) (940) (941) ... (1317) (Go Down)

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by Ijiimmayi: 9:57pm On Mar 21, 2023
Thanks a lot. Which college did your wife apply to and how many yrs is d diploma for?
nnamdi346:
It's biological sciences so it should fly.

My spouse studied Biotechnology in Nigeria and we have just applied for her study permit (Nursing Diploma)

Hoping to get positive feedback.

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by harkintem(m): 10:02pm On Mar 21, 2023
Ijiimmayi:
Good evening guys. Plz I need help with this. My wife studied botany in school( she applied for nursing and was given botany normal Naija way) now after graduation she was a teacher for 2/3 yrs. Now she wants to go back to studying nursing in Canada. Will this have any issue in convincing the VO? Does she need to do PGD or directly BSC nursing. She is currently 27yrs old Thanks

You don’t have any problem as I’m talking from experience. I studied Microbiology ( both microbiology and Botany are in the same department Biological sciences) and I have gotten my visa for Nursing. Age isn’t a factor as I’m well over 30. You just have to address things well in your SOP
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by harkintem(m): 10:12pm On Mar 21, 2023
Is there anyone going to Brandon University, September intake
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by nnamdi346: 10:33pm On Mar 21, 2023
Ijiimmayi:
Thanks a lot. Which college did your wife apply to and how many yrs is d diploma for?

Georgian College - Winter 2024

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by Cuppycak3: 10:35pm On Mar 21, 2023
Personally I’ll say do a gift deed of 4.8m, no need to complicate things more. She is your sister (as long as you provide enough evidence to show this) IRCC wouldn’t worry much unlike if it’s a third party

babineli:

@Djcuppycake, abeg nah your response/Opinion on this question remain. I go buy you mac Donald when I enter Canada abeg. 😊🙏
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by Cuppycak3: 10:36pm On Mar 21, 2023
I never applied to connestoga. My school is Centennial an No they don’t require IELTS

Omowunmi2023:
Greetings! Pls this question is for @cuppycake….did you apply with IELTS for Conestoga ? The schools I applied to are taking forever to reply since Middle of January so am thinking is applying to Conestoga for Sept intake. Pls I’ll be waiting to read from you.thanks
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by Badadvisor: 10:47pm On Mar 21, 2023
What's the estimate of amount someone should have saved if willing to move to Canada via the study masters or undergraduate degree route.
Please sincere response is needed so i don't end up falling victim to any agent. Need to cut out time to do this myself. Need to know how much i should have saved at least
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by zaravan: 10:52pm On Mar 21, 2023
Hello everyone,

Please I studied Marine engineering and I am interested in going to Canada for work or school. Can anyone please give me leads? I have heard that there are some agents that can help with the work please let me know. Also if anyone can suggest any programs or training in Canada I would be really appreciate it. Most of the ones I am seeing are diploma and advanced diploma and they do not show career progression from what I understand. Thank you so much

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by Iykevirgo: 11:00pm On Mar 21, 2023
Good evening guys,

Please, how can one move money to Canada? Funding GIC account and the rest. This CBN restrictions just making things difficult.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by Badadvisor: 11:33pm On Mar 21, 2023
vtino13:
What God Cannot Does Not Exist!!!

It's PPR guys, am super excited right now, (Long read)
The journey has not been easy.

2 refusals, one judicial review dismissed.

First application (handled by myself)
Submitted November 11th, 2021
Refused March 5th, 2022
Reasons
Personal assets & Financial Status
Travel history
(GCMS note stated that Primary Applicant provided a company account for proof of funds. Mind you the company account was my personal company account)

Second application (handled by Mr Frank Reuben)
Submitted May 4th, 2022
Refused June 8th, 2022
Reasons
(GCMS notes stated that Primary Applicant provided account with unexplained lum sum) meanwhile the lum sum was well explained in the LOE and all evidence to back these explanations were provided.

Mr Frank looked at the application and the reasons for refusal and said there's nothing wrong with my application.

I seeked the advice of a lawyer who also look at my application, what was submitted and couldn't find any error with the application. He advised I go for a judicial review that I will most likely get a settlement out of court (Although I read here on nairaland how Makano especially always advise people against judicial review and how expensive and time wasting it can be).

June 14, 2022, I went ahead with the judicial review with the hope of getting settlement out of court within 1 - 2 months as I normally see few persons get it here.
I waited and waited and waited with no decision made. I had to plead with my college to defer me to May 2023 from September 2022 when I was suppose to resume (this is a school that stated clearly they do not accept deferrals, but I pleaded with them showing evidence of the ongoing court case).

November 2022, the lawyer finally responded that ircc isn't giving any settlement and that it intends to go to court on this issue, he sent me their own judgements and all. The waiting game continued till late January 2023, at this point I was frustrated, the school resumption is getting close again(deferral not an option), I didn't know what to do as the lawyer keeps posting me that he hasn't gotten any feedback from the Federal court.

I contacted Mr Frank again and I explained all what had happened and he finally helped me check the status of my case. Low and behold, the case was dismissed in November 2022 and here I was early February 2023 waiting for the Lawyer(7 months wasted ontop judicial review with no positive outcome).

Immediately I swinged into action again with renewed hope (I could see swift responses from ircc with applications and the approval Rate increased drastically).

Third application (Handled personally by Mr Frank Reuben)
Submitted: February 23rd, 2023
Medical Request: March 8th, 2023
PPR & BVL: March 20th, 2023

This time around, I ensured there was no lum sum was in the account

Finally the eagle has landed. I want to use this opportunity to encourage as many of us who have lost hope, or is about giving up not to give up. Give it one more try with all you've got. You can seek the services of some gurus here, they will definitely help out. It will definitely end in praise by God's grace

With my personal experience with judicial reviews, I don't advise people to go for it, just re-apply, it's always better and saves you the money. You can always use that money to pay some part of your tuition as the case maybe.

I want to thank everyone here on nairaland, the gurus in the house, I want to specially thank Mr Frank (F &R Global Consulting Firm) for the work he put in to make my application a success. Keep doing the good work. God reward you all, amen

Coming later with documents I submitted, cheers

Hi bro can i reach out to you privately if you don't mind?
I'm almost falling into the hands of fraudulent agent. Please let me know how i can contact you,won't mind paying for your time.
Thank you
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by johnstan(m): 11:53pm On Mar 21, 2023
joefit4gur:
Second refusal, omo! Satan is a liar. They don't think I'll leave Canada because:

* Your assets and financial situation are insufficient to support the stated purpose of travel for yourself (and any accompanying family member(s), if applicable).

2 Year Course
Applied March 15th.

1. Full tuition paid for first year: 21KCAD
2. 16M in POF account
3. Showed trail of funds from crypto to traditional bank account
4. POF was complete March 5.
5. Even attached video evidence to confirm Binance account ownership

Dunno if I got the POF calculations wrong, or it's cuz I applied 10-days after POF was complete. Since I showed proof of the digital asset sold. My morale is low, but I have ordered CBSA. I'm not touching the monies, but any idea into what could have gone wrong?

Previous CBSA mentioned "Financial information is not supported with evidence of income tax paid nor pay slips, for the bank statement balances on file." I didn't add any tax slips because the monies for POF were from digital assets sold. Do I need to show tax paid for that?

Omoooo!

cc: makano, bobomaigida, bullstriker, olokings, johnstan

So sorry to learn about the refusal. Good to know you have ordered your notes to get the full gist of the reason for the refusal.

Personally, I might be mistaken, but it seems as though the application was rushed. If they want a particular document like your POF to be a certain duration, please obey all those requirements as much as you can. It's not a guarantee, but it helps to eliminate any chances of a refusal.
Secondly, it's not enough to simply have the required POF or attach documents to state that you accumulated the funds from trading FX/Crypto; if you ask me, I believe that's the reason for the statement "Financial information is not supported with evidence of income tax paid nor pay slips, for the bank statement balances on file." Over here, documentation of income from any kind of job is a big deal. So if you work, get your payslips and attach them. If you own a business, get your business registration documents and attach them. If you're a freelancer, I don't know how you can declare that officially. You may want to get a letter of acknowledgement or something from Binance to show that you're a registered and official user.

Cheer up, repackage and refire. This time, take your time and eliminate any chances that might lead to refusal. Thankfully the processing time is no longer 17 weeks like when I applied.

7 Likes

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by johnstan(m): 11:55pm On Mar 21, 2023
frankiez33:
@Johnstan, please can I message you privately?

Hi frankiez33,

I no longer have access to the email on my profile. Please ask here, and I'll respond to the best of my knowledge.
Someone here might learn something from your questions. You never know.

3 Likes

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by johnstan(m): 11:59pm On Mar 21, 2023
danherb:
Gurus, @johnstan @makano
Pls I just submitted my visa application, can I book for biometric immediately? Trying to book it but having issues with that.

Where can I find the biometric instructions letter? Such was not sent to me
Thanks

You will need to wait for a prompt in your profile to go for your biometrics. This should appear on your profile within minutes to up to 72 hours after applying.

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by johnstan(m): 12:01am On Mar 22, 2023
Iykevirgo:
Good evening guys,

Please, how can one move money to Canada? Funding GIC account and the rest. This CBN restrictions just making things difficult.

Through form A, a USD Dom account, fin-techs like send by flutterwave and the likes.

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by Nobody: 12:12am On Mar 22, 2023
Badadvisor:
What's the estimate of amount someone should have saved if willing to move to Canada via the study masters or undergraduate degree route.
Please sincere response is needed so i don't end up falling victim to any agent. Need to cut out time to do this myself. Need to know how much i should have saved at least

1. Choose your course then narrow down your school list to 3.
2. Visit their websites and find out how much is your fees. Most sch do per credit Masters is 45 credit. Understand how to accurately calculate your fees.
3. Make provisions for misc. fees like health insurance and co.
4. Find out the cities where your school is located, and how much is average Rent at least have 6months rent saved.

After doing the above ⬆️, you will know if you should proceed or Not.
Never forget the God factor.
Lastly if you have your fees for a year and enough for 3-4 months rent. You are good to go

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by Badadvisor: 12:23am On Mar 22, 2023
Calmdancer21:

1. Choose your course then narrow down your school list to 3.
2. Visit their websites and find out how much is your fees. Most sch do per credit Masters is 45 credit. Understand how to accurately calculate your fees.
3. Make provisions for misc. fees like health insurance and co.
4. Find out the cities where your school is located, and how much is average Rent at least have 6months rent saved.

After doing the above ⬆️, you will know if you should proceed or Not.
Never forget the God factor.
Lastly if you have your fees for a year and enough for 3-4 months rent. You are good to go
You said everything i needed to know.
You don't know how much i appreciate you.
A. Traveling agent asking me to pay 1.5m first payment then the next payment I'd make us my school fees and that's after i have been given admission and visa approved.
Problem I'm having with him is that he didn't break down what the first 1.5M payment is covering and he's suggesting pgd instead of masters if I'm trying to cut cost and cost of my 2.2
What do you think about this?
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by kennyjoy(m): 12:47am On Mar 22, 2023
If you are resuming the summer semester or coming to British Columbia next month or in May (Vancouver and its environs), I have one private bedroom you can stay till you secure your accommodation at a very affordable price instead of paying for expensive housing in Airbnb.

You will have access to the kitchen (no need to order Ubereat or eat out), so as to save you some $ money. I can provide 9ja food for you at very little expense, or if you decide to cook your food items, you are free to do that.

I will also provide a free Airport pick-up.l (No need to order Uber).

Please note, it's just for 2 weeks of stay. But I can help you narrow your house search within this stipulated time.

Suppose you are the one or have anyone coming. Kindly shot me an email.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by Danilvex(m): 12:53am On Mar 22, 2023
Please I received this and I don’t know what to do. The signature isn’t tallying with the GcMS cause I put a different signature in my application and now I’m asked submit ID too and put the signature on my application and they need to confirm from my iD too if the signature belongs to me

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by holly00147: 1:27am On Mar 22, 2023
Hello everyone if sponsor have like 7m to 8m In account with good cash flow and also present land survey documents will this be power full enough as pof
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by joefit4gur(m): 1:48am On Mar 22, 2023
ShalomShalom:
I waited 5 months The account was already running though since last year june, but as at September when I wanted to submit my agent suggested that I wait till January 24th for my POF to mature well so that when I print out the 4 months statement the opening balance will start from 14m. Lmk if you understand.

I understand. I have the full POF complete March 5. Applied 15th and got refused 21st. I intend to wait till June 1st to apply again. But I won't transfer out or in of the account. Except the monthly interest on the monies. What do you think? Do I need to transfer in and out or I can just leave it there?
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by Euphoria19: 1:55am On Mar 22, 2023
Hi everyone please I need some help to some questions I have. I am a fresh graduate, plan on going for service with the next batch and hopefully plan on applying for study visa next year. My CGPA is 3.58 and I studied business administration. My questions are

1. I plan on studying business analysis for my masters at a university not a college, is that possible with my cpga, also most Unis I've researched on offer this course for 1 year but I would like a 2 yr course, considering PGWP. Would I be better off studying a 2 year graduate certificate course in that field as it's relatively cheaper

2. I want to know if studying business analysis as masters is a career progression in my case, since I studied business administration in my undergrad.

3. My sponsor is my elder sister, how much does she need to have to show as proof of funds, on an average, I haven't picked a school yet so I can't factor in tuition costs, I just want to know the general amount that is required, I am single no kids and I will be going alone, so how much is needed for an individual for at least a year.

4. Most of the Unis require GMAT or GRE, I didn't know what that was until I started searching, how's the GMAT like, cost wise, and study wise. Also is IELTS needed.

Thank you.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by Legitmenaija: 5:03am On Mar 22, 2023
vtino13:
What God Cannot Does Not Exist!!!

It's PPR guys, am super excited right now, (Long read)
The journey has not been easy.

2 refusals, one judicial review dismissed.

First application (handled by myself)
Submitted November 11th, 2021
Refused March 5th, 2022
Reasons
Travel history
(GCMS note stated that Primary Applicant provided a company account for proof of funds. Mind you the company account was my personal company account)

Second application (handled by Mr Frank Reuben)
Submitted May 4th, 2022
Refused June 8th, 2022
Reasons
(GCMS notes stated that Primary Applicant provided account with unexplained lum sum) meanwhile the lum sum was well explained in the LOE and all evidence to back these explanations were provided.

Mr Frank looked at the application and the reasons for refusal and said there's nothing wrong with my application.

I seeked the advice of a lawyer who also look at my application, what was submitted and couldn't find any error with the application. He advised I go for a judicial review that I will most likely get a settlement out of court (Although I read here on nairaland how Makano especially always advise people against judicial review and how expensive and time wasting it can be).

June 14, 2022, I went ahead with the judicial review with the hope of getting settlement out of court within 1 - 2 months as I normally see few persons get it here.
I waited and waited and waited with no decision made. I had to plead with my college to defer me to May 2023 from September 2022 when I was suppose to resume (this is a school that stated clearly they do not accept deferrals, but I pleaded with them showing evidence of the ongoing court case).

November 2022, the lawyer finally responded that ircc isn't giving any settlement and that it intends to go to court on this issue, he sent me their own judgements and all. The waiting game continued till late January 2023, at this point I was frustrated, the school resumption is getting close again(deferral not an option), I didn't know what to do as the lawyer keeps posting me that he hasn't gotten any feedback from the Federal court.

I contacted Mr Frank again and I explained all what had happened and he finally helped me check the status of my case. Low and behold, the case was dismissed in November 2022 and here I was early February 2023 waiting for the Lawyer(7 months wasted ontop judicial review with no positive outcome).

Immediately I swinged into action again with renewed hope (I could see swift responses from ircc with applications and the approval Rate increased drastically).

Third application (Handled personally by Mr Frank Reuben)
Submitted: February 23rd, 2023
Medical Request: March 8th, 2023
PPR & BVL: March 20th, 2023

This time around, I ensured there was no lum sum was in the account

Finally the eagle has landed. I want to use this opportunity to encourage as many of us who have lost hope, or is about giving up not to give up. Give it one more try with all you've got. You can seek the services of some gurus here, they will definitely help out. It will definitely end in praise by God's grace

With my personal experience with judicial reviews, I don't advise people to go for it, just re-apply, it's always better and saves you the money. You can always use that money to pay some part of your tuition as the case maybe.

I want to thank everyone here on nairaland, the gurus in the house, I want to specially thank Mr Frank (F &R Global Consulting Firm) for the work he put in to make my application a success. Keep doing the good work. God reward you all, amen

Coming later with documents I submitted, cheers

Congratulations bro
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by Ndubisi12: 6:41am On Mar 22, 2023
Good morning guys please i asked someone to submit my application for student visa permit and she was saying that the website is not working or under maintenance. Please i want to know if any one has submitted his or her application this week. thanks all
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by Danilvex(m): 7:12am On Mar 22, 2023
Danilvex:
Please I received this and I don’t know what to do. The signature isn’t tallying with the GcMS cause I put a different signature in my application and now I’m asked submit ID too and put the signature on my application and they need to confirm from my iD too if the signature belongs to me

Anyone please ??
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by Queenfunlola(f): 7:52am On Mar 22, 2023
Good morning everyone, please how do I book a medical appointment and how can I get earlier date at IOM ikeja.
Urgently pls;
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by richard69(m): 7:56am On Mar 22, 2023
Good morning all, does anyone have an idea if Cape Breton Uni is still giving admission for fall?
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by Queenfunlola(f): 8:37am On Mar 22, 2023
Queenfunlola:
Good morning everyone, please how do I book a medical appointment and how can I get earlier date at IOM ikeja.
Urgently pls;

Please help o
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by harkintem(m): 8:43am On Mar 22, 2023
Queenfunlola:

Please help o

Send mail to request for an appointment date to
iomlagosmedicalbooking@iom.int Tell them you need an appointment date and give them your IME No: and attach your medical request form
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by femmybet(f): 8:44am On Mar 22, 2023
Is your visa approved already?

Saxspirit:
Good evening bosses in the house, please I would like to be added to memorial university WhatsApp group, please if you a member dere of have the link kindly email me your number or add me directly thanks in anticipation..

(1) (2) (3) ... (935) (936) (937) (938) (939) (940) (941) ... (1317)

General Australian Student Visa Enquiries Part 3 / Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 6 / Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 3

Viewing this topic: 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 67
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.