Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,143,315 members, 7,780,762 topics. Date: Thursday, 28 March 2024 at 09:29 PM

Why We Can’t Extend Voters Registration – INEC - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Why We Can’t Extend Voters Registration – INEC (23196 Views)

Nigerians Will Soon Hear From Us On Extension Of Voter Registration – INEC / Surge In Voters' Registration: INEC Should Be Up And Doing (Photos) / Obaseki To Tinubu: You Can’t Extend Your Political Empire To Edo (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Why We Can’t Extend Voters Registration – INEC by Justice42003: 6:42am On Jul 31, 2022
Heterodox:
lol...I stay in the North. I'm yet to see house to house registration.

Stop saying trash
There were house 2 house registration at agboyi ketu LCDA
I stay in Lagos
Re: Why We Can’t Extend Voters Registration – INEC by oluwabunmi61010: 6:43am On Jul 31, 2022
You don try already. It's not your fault that people are not coming out to collect it at first.You don try already. It's not your fault that people are not coming out to collect it at first....
Re: Why We Can’t Extend Voters Registration – INEC by Heterodox(m): 6:46am On Jul 31, 2022
Justice42003:

There were house 2 house registration at agboyi ketu LCDA
I stay in Lagos
These places you mentioned is where?
Re: Why We Can’t Extend Voters Registration – INEC by Kwara1stson: 6:48am On Jul 31, 2022
PresidObi:
They should extend the coterie registration, a situation people will still be waiting after a week to get to hos turn is too bad, slow machines that are too few. They should extend the exercise by another 2 months.
is it only my registering? When will they start printing and distribution of PVCs? Or what the use of registration without obtaining your PVC?

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Why We Can’t Extend Voters Registration – INEC by Nobody: 6:48am On Jul 31, 2022
Tinubu, atiku amd supporters should be scared of revolution from the youths if peter obi doesn't win this election.

Voters registration of youths hasn't been this massive in the history of Nigeria. This should tell Nigeria something that enough is enough.

This is Lagos, more than a thousand youths wanting to register yesterday but couldn't.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Why We Can’t Extend Voters Registration – INEC by Righthussle: 6:49am On Jul 31, 2022
PresidObi:
They should extend the coterie registration, a situation people will still be waiting after a week to get to hos turn is too bad, slow machines that are too few. They should extend the exercise by another 2 months.
or by two years. grin grin
Re: Why We Can’t Extend Voters Registration – INEC by corlin2(m): 6:52am On Jul 31, 2022
mascot87:
As we all brace up for 2023 election, remember that the future of this country is important to you and I. We have a leader that is tested and trusted who with the right economic policy has made Lagos of today the choice home destination of every Nigerian from North, South, East and West. This man called Tinubu is a brilliant politician. A presidential candidate who also served as a governor years back has also made Lagos his home and promise land and not the state he ruled for 8 years. If he had done well and made the state he ruled habitable, why is he residing in Lagos?
Tinubu is about to turn around the destiny of this nation and it is a chance we all must not miss.
Vote Tinubu and watch how Nigeria will be great again.
God bless the Federal republic of Nigeria

Your leader suppose dey for nursing home, recieving essential care.
He is old and sick

1 Like 2 Shares

Re: Why We Can’t Extend Voters Registration – INEC by corlin2(m): 6:55am On Jul 31, 2022
kayperry:

Those are just flimsy excuse, FIY i just did my own registration make e no be like say i dey form saint, those machines are slow becos they are now being overworked, what should have been done over a spread period of time is now been done within short period of time.

Few registration centers are enough if people comply at the right time .. duration/timeframe would have ensured that. Inec is justified

So the govt can’t provide more newer ones??

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why We Can’t Extend Voters Registration – INEC by Teymanhenry(f): 7:03am On Jul 31, 2022
It should be extended as many Nigerians are yet to register. No be 2023 ne election?? In Lafia the capital city of Nasarawa state, we have just two registration centers and each have just four registration machines. The centers register people from other LGA too. How we want take register

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Why We Can’t Extend Voters Registration – INEC by Krismas(m): 7:06am On Jul 31, 2022
femisplash:
They actually did take voting registration to Churches in the East .. Wow!
cool Then why do have only abt 300k registration in a state of up to 3million people?? U people can deceive urselfs!

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Why We Can’t Extend Voters Registration – INEC by tofolo(m): 7:16am On Jul 31, 2022
PresidObi:
not just extend bro, it should be a continuous process just like NIN.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why We Can’t Extend Voters Registration – INEC by vikiphy89(m): 7:19am On Jul 31, 2022
You people made it difficult for people to register in abia state by bringing two non- well functioning machines to register people, so that people will change their mind after standing and waiting for hours

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Why We Can’t Extend Voters Registration – INEC by Habeyy(m): 7:27am On Jul 31, 2022
Ibcrown:
Carry on jare on whatever decisions Una make, the registration is been on since 2020 and no one takes it serious. Why’s is now that people are mad about it? We are not ready in this country at all
U nailed it bro
We complain about everything
Even the ones we suppose blame ourselves

1 Like

Re: Why We Can’t Extend Voters Registration – INEC by victorazy(m): 7:35am On Jul 31, 2022
PresidObi:

Yeah, and they took it to individual people's houses in the north, registering underage children.

Including cows and Nigelians or whatever; D
Re: Why We Can’t Extend Voters Registration – INEC by skywalker240(m): 7:53am On Jul 31, 2022
bigpicture001:

Remember, it's about 120 million ppl in Naija... Crowd is much.... I failed to register cuz of too much crowd inspite of going there over 6x....

I den quietly ask the. Official, when can I come again and do it quietly after all these push and pull.. he replied me close tto another general election..?

Now u see why there is problem with INEC..?

It stops after ale election till until another election.... Ppl shld. B allowed to continuously register for PVC.. whether. There is election or not
100 percent correct
Re: Why We Can’t Extend Voters Registration – INEC by wman(m): 7:59am On Jul 31, 2022
Ibcrown:
Carry on jare on whatever decisions Una make, the registration is been on since 2020 and no one takes it serious. Why’s is now that people are mad about it? We are not ready in this country at all

2021 actually.
Re: Why We Can’t Extend Voters Registration – INEC by TRUSTEDGUY: 8:00am On Jul 31, 2022
bigpicture001:

Remember, it's about 120 million ppl in Naija... Crowd is much.... I failed to register cuz of too much crowd inspite of going there over 6x....

I den quietly ask the. Official, when can I come again and do it quietly after all these push and pull.. he replied me close tto another general election..?

Now u see why there is problem with INEC..?

It stops after ale election till until another election.... Ppl shld. B allowed to continuously register for PVC.. whether. There is election or not

Is there duty to register people weather no 2 billion then use online and just capture thumb print for their office that can be done off line involve the banks and NIN offices even Census office should be included
Re: Why We Can’t Extend Voters Registration – INEC by skywalker240(m): 8:03am On Jul 31, 2022
Zetty177x:

What about those who have PVC of 2011? Does it need revalidation? My Aunt is asking..I told her no need...don't even know if my answer is right grin
It doesn't need revalidation, so you told her the right thing

Mama should relax and wait until February 25

Vote OBI-dently Obitified though

1 Like

Re: Why We Can’t Extend Voters Registration – INEC by skywalker240(m): 8:06am On Jul 31, 2022
Heterodox:
Mr, close to general election there's deadline for registration.

But before that there's registration.

I registered my PVC in 2013. There was no general election then.
I registered 2011, i lost my PVC 2015

I went to inec office 2017 and they told me to come back till election period

Delta and Edo State
Re: Why We Can’t Extend Voters Registration – INEC by technuel: 8:46am On Jul 31, 2022
mascot87:
As we all brace up for 2023 election, remember that the future of this country is important to you and I. We have a leader that is tested and trusted who with the right economic policy has made Lagos of today the choice home destination of every Nigerian from North, South, East and West. This man called Tinubu is a brilliant politician. A presidential candidate who also served as a governor years back has also made Lagos his home and promise land and not the state he ruled for 8 years. If he had done well and made the state he ruled habitable, why is he residing in Lagos?
Tinubu is about to turn around the destiny of this nation and it is a chance we all must not miss.
Vote Tinubu and watch how Nigeria will be great again.
God bless the Federal republic of Nigeria
You are funny
Which Eko Atlantic are You talking about
Re: Why We Can’t Extend Voters Registration – INEC by kayperry: 8:58am On Jul 31, 2022
corlin2:

So the govt can’t provide more newer ones??

I did my registeration just few weeks ago, the machines i saw at inec office were up to date ... no hassel infact i got there around 10am asides waiting for 1hr it took me 15mins to register upon say me n the babe dey flirt undecided

with the deadline & number of people waiting to register, inec have no option than to supplement the new machines with old ones as well, inec did their calculation right we Nigerians are just the problem
Re: Why We Can’t Extend Voters Registration – INEC by sunsplash99(m): 8:59am On Jul 31, 2022
Why would they end what they called continuous voters registration (CVR).

Let the voters determine when it going to end.
Maybe when they are done registering everybody from 18years upward.
Re: Why We Can’t Extend Voters Registration – INEC by ojeshola: 9:01am On Jul 31, 2022
How do I know if my voters card is out I registered in June 2021
Re: Why We Can’t Extend Voters Registration – INEC by onuman: 9:19am On Jul 31, 2022
ogododo:

https://dailytrust.com/why-we-cant-extend-voters-registration-inec

.... that's, if Islamic terrorists allow Nigeria to remain up till Feb 2023.
Re: Why We Can’t Extend Voters Registration – INEC by SoapQueen(f): 9:32am On Jul 31, 2022
PresidObi:
They should extend the registration, a situation people will still be waiting after a week to get to hos turn is too bad, slow machines that are too few. They should extend the exercise by another 2 months.

Lagos is WORST! I can confirm from two locations alone that over 1500 people couldn't register in two days and it has been like that for a month. You'll hear things like "server is down."

A place like Ibeju-Lekki with over 160,000 people. They brought only one machine per day in just one center to serve everyone. Nigeria, which way?

The whole thing is soooooo disorganized. I tried to be a patriotic Nigerian by going there with my sprained knee which has kept me in bed for two weeks. The crowd almost march my leg break for me. Na cry I take reach house.

1 Like

Re: Why We Can’t Extend Voters Registration – INEC by clintino700(m): 9:54am On Jul 31, 2022
I thought I saw this alone, with the whole billions they are budgeting for INEC. 110systems
Pio44:
Only 110 machines in whole state weep for Nigeria, 110 against 6million voters, Vote LP
Re: Why We Can’t Extend Voters Registration – INEC by Malory: 10:11am On Jul 31, 2022
Durabest:
is too ealy to cry.
Bro I'm expecting your reply. Thanks once again.
Re: Why We Can’t Extend Voters Registration – INEC by zudozz: 10:33am On Jul 31, 2022
PresidObi:

Yeah, and they took it to individual people's houses in the north, registering underage children.

They registered underage, ALSO registered people from chad and niger republic as Nigerians..

Kano vote my foot!
Re: Why We Can’t Extend Voters Registration – INEC by kukoyi4adaugo: 10:43am On Jul 31, 2022
Ok Naa..We still dey watch all of una..Ok Naa..We still dey watch all of una.....
Re: Why We Can’t Extend Voters Registration – INEC by Durabest: 10:49am On Jul 31, 2022
Malory:
Bro I'm expecting your reply. Thanks once again.
Noted.Community has given us list of 60 slots with condition to pay each helper among them 300k each,at of 60 30 are helper,but as the case maybe, we are still pleading for 150k...Our next meeting with them again will take place again by next saturday...Without settling the community, new employment cannot take place for now.But your location for now is where?....
Re: Why We Can’t Extend Voters Registration – INEC by Malory: 12:05pm On Jul 31, 2022
Durabest:
Noted.Community has given us list of 60 slots with condition to pay each helper among them 300k each,at of 60 30 are helper,but as the case maybe, we are still pleading for 150k...Our next meeting with them again will take place again by next saturday...Without settling the community, new employment cannot take place for now.But your location for now is where?....
Done.
Re: Why We Can’t Extend Voters Registration – INEC by LordviccoDaGuru(m): 12:58pm On Jul 31, 2022
It's a welcome development

grin

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Buhari To Address Nigerians At 11am / National Assembly sembly Leadership Meets Tomorrow / 260 Aggrieved APC Members Beg Osinbajo To Accommodate Them

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 42
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.