Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,405 members, 7,800,828 topics. Date: Thursday, 18 April 2024 at 07:31 AM

I Foresee Igbo Becoming Lagos Gov By Okafor - Politics (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / I Foresee Igbo Becoming Lagos Gov By Okafor (7286 Views)

Agbaje’ll Soon Be Declared Lagos Gov – PDP / FIRST "FEMALE GOV" BY APC IS A RUSE? / Somewhere In Lagos. Gov. Fashola Pls Come To Our Rescue (pics) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: I Foresee Igbo Becoming Lagos Gov By Okafor by Onlytruth(m): 6:16am On Aug 03, 2011
^^

You are funny because you keep bringing up one incident where Fulani thieves raped local villagers and escaped.
Armed robbers have been raping and killing Nigerians for decades and they are mainly based in lagos/West.

The Fulani took over your land and converted about 40% of your population to Islam. Till date, your tribe is seriously mixed up with hausa/fulani from hundreds of years of f0rking your women.

Your IQ is too low to even comprehend my points.
Re: I Foresee Igbo Becoming Lagos Gov By Okafor by Onlytruth(m): 6:19am On Aug 03, 2011
Some of you keep mixing up the Abiola riot incident with real war. You expect Igboman to help you fight Abacha?
After your years of treachery?

You would know the difference when it becomes clear to us that you have declared war on our people and their assets in Lagos.
Re: I Foresee Igbo Becoming Lagos Gov By Okafor by EkoIle1: 6:23am On Aug 03, 2011
These backward cave people wey still dey write flight schedule on top black board in 2011 won take over Lagos?

I know we are all entitled to our dreams and delusions, but this is very comedic, the okafor clown must be the ibo SA for comedic affairs,

Re: I Foresee Igbo Becoming Lagos Gov By Okafor by NegroNtns(m): 6:41am On Aug 03, 2011
Armed robbers have been Desecrating and killing Nigerians for decades and they are mainly based in lagos/West.
---------------

Yorubas used to do all night owambes with no problem until after war and broke Ibos and survivors of starvation started flooding into West. That was the last time we enjoyed safe night parties.

When Yoruba got here somebody was on the land and we took it, but then lost some of it. We would have lost more but we recovered. The fulanis that we caught became slaves on our land.

We are talking about your mouth for shouting war and bragging war. You are no war material. Why didn't u fight war when fulani violated your women. Which warrior do you know that carry placard in the middle of street?

You should have pursued and slaughtered the raiders and confiscate their cattle and donate to the families of those violated and killed. That's what warriors do. Not march in middle of street carrying cardboard "HELP, fulani violated our young women". "Where is human rights, we need you, SOS".

Go siddon!
Re: I Foresee Igbo Becoming Lagos Gov By Okafor by swezenberg(m): 7:31am On Aug 03, 2011
Why do my Ibo brothers always think of where they can lose. You lost the war, presidency perpetual losers. Recently a Nothern chieftain was warning the South East to forget ever ruling Nigeria because they have sold their birthright to South South in the last election. I feel Ibos are descendants of Esau just born to lose everything. Now it is Lagos they are fighting for.

Any reasonable person would know that Lagos is one of the strongholds of the ever hospitable Yoruba people and with the wisdon they possess in this region they will flush out any dike Obinna and Chukwudi. So why can't the Ibos go and fight a fight they can win. You no get elders or youths to think for you.
Re: I Foresee Igbo Becoming Lagos Gov By Okafor by redsun(m): 8:22am On Aug 03, 2011
why are u guys so barbaric?Nobody is fighting u over anything,it is a game of chess,u play to win.1 nationn,1 peeps,1 land
Re: I Foresee Igbo Becoming Lagos Gov By Okafor by redsun(m): 8:26am On Aug 03, 2011
Abi nor bi so?don't be scared of developers that are making life aesy for you.Mordern cities outgrow cave/tribeman mentality
Re: I Foresee Igbo Becoming Lagos Gov By Okafor by Bliss4Lyfe(f): 9:48am On Aug 03, 2011
Onlytruth:

Some of you keep mixing up the Abiola riot incident with real war. You expect Igboman to help you fight Abacha?
After your years of treachery?

You would know the difference when it becomes clear to us that you have declared war on our people and their assets in Lagos.

Truth. Well Said!
Re: I Foresee Igbo Becoming Lagos Gov By Okafor by Nobody: 11:17am On Aug 03, 2011
Negro_Ntns:

Ordinary fulani herdsmen marched into yoiur heartland and slaughtered people and took young ibo women with them into the bush, they canme out without wrapper and your boys to street with placard protesting harrasment. Two ddays or so ago, Massob followed their footsteps and marche in protest to police harassment and even begged human rights to intervene. . . . .and efulefu like you is here making mouuth for war with Yoruba. Ahh! Lol!

Why did you run in '93 andd '02 when you saw blood?
Ewu!

Promise you will not call UN or human rights for help when we start with you.
Negro_Ntns:

Armed robbers have been Desecrating and killing Nigerians for decades and they are mainly based in lagos/West.
---------------

Yorubas used to do all night owambes with no problem until after war and broke Ibos and survivors of starvation started flooding into West. That was the last time we enjoyed safe night parties.

When Yoruba got here somebody was on the land and we took it, but then lost some of it. We would have lost more but we recovered. The fulanis that we caught became slaves on our land.

We are talking about your mouth for shouting war and bragging war. You are no war material. Why didn't u fight war when fulani violated your women. Which warrior do you know that carry placard in the middle of street?

You should have pursued and slaughtered the raiders and confiscate their cattle and donate to the families of those violated and killed. That's what warriors do. Not march in middle of street carrying cardboard "HELP, fulani violated our young women". "Where is human rights, we need you, SOS".

Go siddon!
This is too much to handle i can't stop laughing.
Re: I Foresee Igbo Becoming Lagos Gov By Okafor by okunoba(m): 11:18am On Aug 03, 2011
Biafran war history needs to be thought from a early age at our schools so we can learn from the mistakes of the past. The killings of Igbo people after the Nzeogwu coup had more to do with the humiliation your average Northerner felt after the killing of their prominent leaders by Igbo Army, after which Igbos in the North went out on the streets celebrating and mocking their death. We the younger generation seems to have learnt nothing from these events of History. Today we still have the same people quick to belittle and humiliate those that have welcomed them in their home land and given  them a sense of belonging. People that leave you to do your business without anger or jealousy you are quick to belittle and tell them you are more hard working, smarter, richer, that you own all the businesses in their land and that your intention is to dominate and belittle them after all the love and affection they have shown you over the years. The same pattern is developing of creating hate and resentment when there should be non. Why is there the need to feel superior to your host and even if you are superior do you have to poke our eyes with it.

The Hausa Fulani that have ruled and dominated Nigerian politics have never come on this site telling us how much smarter and better they are to the rest of the population because of their political and military dominance in fact they play it down. If the Igbo`s were in their shoes from all the chest beating we get from some of them on Nairaland, they probably would  be telling us to our face they are the superior race hence the reason they have ruled for so long and will continue to do so. Humility is golden but some of our brothers seem to lack this basic principle.  

Many of us Nigerians, Igbo, Yoruba, Hausa and the rest of us live in countries where everyday we are fighting to be respected and treated as equals because of our color, we fight not to be seen as inferior to other groups that feel superior to us, yet we are more than happy when it comes to our fellow black brothers to play the superiority game and to belittle other ethnic groups. Why do we keep on doing things to others that we don`t like done to us?

At the end of the day there is nothing wrong with an Igbo person ruling Lagos as long as he can do a good job and loves the state as he would love his home, but if the idea is to rule so we can be told how much smarter and that you are better than every other ethnic group in Nigeria then no one will want an Igbo as Governor of Lagos or even as  President of Nigeria.
If you believe in the superiority of your ethnic group over others then you should believe in the superiority of every other race over the black race. After all we are at the bottom of development in the World today. Next time the Arab or White man calls my Igbo brothers monkey he should just accept his faith as a second class citizen since he believes in the superiority of one ethnic group over the other based on material wealth.

I do not subscribe to that believe, no ethnic group is superior we are all struggling to raise our head above water.
Re: I Foresee Igbo Becoming Lagos Gov By Okafor by aljharem3: 11:48am On Aug 03, 2011
okunoba:

Biafran war history needs to be thought from a early age at our schools so we can learn from the mistakes of the past. The killings of Igbo people after the Nzeogwu coup had more to do with the humiliation your average Northerner felt after the killing of their prominent leaders by Igbo Army, after which Igbos in the North went out on the streets celebrating and mocking their death. We the younger generation seems to have learnt nothing from these events of History. Today we still have the same people quick to belittle and humiliate those that have welcomed them in their home land and given  them a sense of belonging. People that leave you to do your business without anger or jealousy you are quick to belittle and tell them you are more hard working, smarter, richer, that you own all the businesses in their land and that your intention is to dominate and belittle them after all the love and affection they have shown you over the years. The same pattern is developing of creating hate and resentment when there should be non. Why is there the need to feel superior to your host and even if you are superior do you have to poke our eyes with it.

The Hausa Fulani that have ruled and dominated Nigerian politics have never come on this site telling us how much smarter and better they are to the rest of the population because of their political and military dominance in fact they play it down. If the Igbo`s were in their shoes from all the chest beating we get from some of them on Nairaland, they probably would  be telling us to our face they are the superior race hence the reason they have ruled for so long and will continue to do so. Humility is golden but some of our brothers seem to lack this basic principle.  

Many of us Nigerians, Igbo, Yoruba, Hausa and the rest of us live in countries where everyday we are fighting to be respected and treated as equals because of our color, we fight not to be seen as inferior to other groups that feel superior to us, yet we are more than happy when it comes to our fellow black brothers to play the superiority game and to belittle other ethnic groups. Why do we keep on doing things to others that we don`t like done to us?

At the end of the day there is nothing wrong with an Igbo person ruling Lagos as long as he can do a good job and loves the state as he would love his home, but if the idea is to rule so we can be told how much smarter and that you are better than every other ethnic group in Nigeria then no one will want an Igbo as Governor of Lagos or even as  President of Nigeria.
If you believe in the superiority of your ethnic group over others then you should believe in the superiority of every other race over the black race. After all we are at the bottom of development in the World today. Next time the Arab or White man calls my Igbo brothers monkey he should just accept his faith as a second class citizen since he believes in the superiority of one ethnic group over the other based on material wealth.

I do not subscribe to that believe, no ethnic group is superior we are all struggling to raise our head above water.

sad but true

the same can be said of the mid west and the "kedu" word used, and that was the reason for the mid west massacre

Before[b] we knew it, Biafran troops were in Benin City and en-route to Lagos. The Republic of Benin was created and it subsequently became the shortest Republic that ever was. Before we knew it, all our Igbo friends and neighbors started saying “Kedu” to us. When you turn around to look at him in surprise, he would say, “Ah, unah, you never begin learn? Na wa. I’m sorry oh.” The big question was: Learn what? Do you mean Igbo is becoming the lingua-franca in “Benin Republic?” Biafran troops were in control and from all practical purposes, the people were being intimidated, etc. Basically, Benin Republic was functionally a colony of Biafra. [/b]

Consequently, “Operation Igbo must go” was lunched. All efforts to liberate Bendel from Biafra was lunched. They were speedily losing the confidence, trust, and cooperation from the people. Major Ogbemugia, by now, was already in Lagos, planning under the command of General Murtala Mohammed, Commander of Second Infantry Division, on how to liberate Bendel State from Biafra.
It is important to note that most Igbos in Biafra were kept in the dark by Ojukwu and his cohorts on the status of Biafra across the Niger bridge for fear of revolt. He did it very successfully. All the University of Nsuka students in military uniform and the military equipment that crossed the Niger bridge never made it back to the East.

http://www.republicreport.com/why-biafra-did-not-survive-written-by-alen-ighedosa/
Re: I Foresee Igbo Becoming Lagos Gov By Okafor by Bliss4Lyfe(f): 12:09pm On Aug 03, 2011
okunoba:

[b]Biafran war history needs to be thought from a early age at our schools so we can learn from the mistakes of the past. [/b]The killings of Igbo people after the Nzeogwu coup had more to do with the humiliation your average Northerner felt after the killing of their prominent leaders by Igbo Army, after which Igbos in the North went out on the streets celebrating and mocking their death. We the younger generation seems to have learnt nothing from these events of History. Today we still have the same people quick to belittle and humiliate those that have welcomed them in their home land and given  them a sense of belonging. People that leave you to do your business without anger or jealousy you are quick to belittle and tell them you are more hard working, smarter, richer, that you own all the businesses in their land and that your intention is to dominate and belittle them after all the love and affection they have shown you over the years. The same pattern is developing of creating hate and resentment when there should be non. Why is there the need to feel superior to your host and even if you are superior do you have to poke our eyes with it.

word.
Re: I Foresee Igbo Becoming Lagos Gov By Okafor by alextayo(m): 12:54pm On Aug 03, 2011
If an Idol wants to disgrace itself, it will tell its worshipers to take him to the stream for a swim (Yoruba Proverb). Okafor has eaten and drank too much and all he could do is to start vomiting beautiful nonsense, How can someone in his right thinking sense even conceive such an idea.

We the Yoruba's have tolerated the Igbo's to the extent that the idiotic ones among them always shout, LAGOS IS NO MAN'S LAND, I say to you, if this assertion is true, , whenever your land can ever manage to be as developed as Lagos, it will forever be a NO MAN'S LAND. Your case is like that of a butterfly who calls himself a bird.

The cultured Igbos are the ones who benefited from the free Universal Basic Education introduced by Chief Obafemi Awolowo, when your Premiers back then have no vision on qualitative leadership. Aside that, An average Igbo Rich Man is just a loud mouthed clown and jester who managed to get money through rituals means and starts making noise all over Lagos,

In fact you people are causing us serious over population and heat, and its high time we do something about that. You will fail woefully in your plans just as you failed in your bid to capture the Nations Presidency.

I say and swear to Eledumare, Baba God, an Igbo man will never, can never and shall never rule over my Land.

Oodua for Life.
Re: I Foresee Igbo Becoming Lagos Gov By Okafor by Baawaa(m): 1:21pm On Aug 03, 2011
Igbo pple"Charity begins at home", !!
Re: I Foresee Igbo Becoming Lagos Gov By Okafor by russellino: 1:25pm On Aug 03, 2011
@ Baawaa - I agree with u 100 percent. I'm igbo by the way
Re: I Foresee Igbo Becoming Lagos Gov By Okafor by Nobody: 1:27pm On Aug 03, 2011
Zik must have cried like a baby when he lost in lagos.ROFLMAO
Baawaa:

Igbo pple"Charity begins at home", !!
Re: I Foresee Igbo Becoming Lagos Gov By Okafor by NegroNtns(m): 1:36pm On Aug 03, 2011
Okunoba,

Very well said, I like that, except for one section.

<quote>

</quote>

This your thought is accomodating. When you say it is conditionally possible you accomodate that under the right behavior we will give them Yorubaland to rule.

Northerners have been well behaved on our soil have we given them rulership? Southerners, Middlebelters, they don't cause us trouble and have we put them as rulers on our land?

Ibos have always wanted to seize our land and rule over us. Listen to that post by alj_harem on their intent to change the tongue of the midWesterners. If they had succeeded in taking over Ibadan and Lagos as they intended we will be speaking Ibo today, and instead of hating everything Ibo we don't, we accomodate them. Here, thank God, they have given voice to the desire in their heart to rule us and so all things accomodating to Ibo on Yorubaland and by Yorubas need to stop and their hatred need to begin.

If anybody ask why we point them to the numerous voices on this topic in NL.

It was few Ibo boys that carried out the Ibo coup of Jan 66 and they did on behalf entire Ibo people. These people speaking here on NL are in the position those coup plotters were, doing a Ibo job and for all Ibos.

Ibos in West shall hear us soon. Let the drum beats continue.
Re: I Foresee Igbo Becoming Lagos Gov By Okafor by NegroNtns(m): 1:40pm On Aug 03, 2011
Alextayo,

Than you, I echo that.

Baawaa,

Ibos have no home from which to learn that wisdom. They want to own our home. We shall give them a navigator pointing them in East.
Re: I Foresee Igbo Becoming Lagos Gov By Okafor by Akolawole(m): 1:43pm On Aug 03, 2011
This is possible only if;

1) One Igbo/yoruba became a governor in Kaduna state

2) If Akolawole become Mayor of Abuja or

3) If a Brixton/ Peckham born & raised boy become a british prime minister.

Impossible is NOTHING but lets be realistic guys.
Re: I Foresee Igbo Becoming Lagos Gov By Okafor by grabdbull: 1:44pm On Aug 03, 2011
okunoba:

Biafran war history needs to be thought from a early age at our schools so we can learn from the mistakes of the past. The killings of Igbo people after the Nzeogwu coup had more to do with the humiliation your average Northerner felt after the killing of their prominent leaders by Igbo Army, after which Igbos in the North went out on the streets celebrating and mocking their death.

This is the plain truth. Most of Nigeria's problems has to do with this type of attitude because you will easily make a monster out of a gentleman when you act like pure babarians.
Re: I Foresee Igbo Becoming Lagos Gov By Okafor by redsun(m): 2:04pm On Aug 03, 2011
Nigeria so far has been riuled with brawls hence d chaos,now i d time to apply some common sense and make good things happen
Re: I Foresee Igbo Becoming Lagos Gov By Okafor by djustice: 2:36pm On Aug 03, 2011
The only reason the Igbos are feeling like they can start beating their chests is because of their unhindered commercial success in Lagos, despite their proclivity for ALWAYS selling substandard goods at the inflated price for genuine ones.

I HAVE OFFICIALLY STARTED A BOYCOTT OF IBO SHOPS AS FROM TODAY, and I urge all right thinking Lagos indigenes and Yorubas to stop buying Ibo. We kuku know the way to China and everywhere else where everything is manufactured, and we have enough of our own people in those businesses as importers and traders.

IF YOU DON'T WANT TO BE DOMINATED BY IBOS, STOP BUYING IBO. STOP PATRONIZING THEM, AND THEY WILL SOON REALISE THE FOLLY OF THEIR AMBITION.

This is a campaign to impoverish Igbos in Lagos and the South West because if this stated intent to rule over us. E don start be that o!
Re: I Foresee Igbo Becoming Lagos Gov By Okafor by aljharem3: 2:40pm On Aug 03, 2011
djustice:

The only reason the Igbos are feeling like they can start beating their chests is because of their unhindered commercial success in Lagos, despite their proclivity for ALWAYS selling substandard goods at the inflated price for genuine ones.

I HAVE OFFICIALLY STARTED A BOYCOTT OF IBO SHOPS AS FROM TODAY, and I urge all right thinking Lagos indigenes and Yorubas to stop buying Ibo. We kuku know the way to China and everywhere else where everything is manufactured, and we have enough of our own people in those businesses as importers and traders.

IF YOU DON'T WANT TO BE DOMINATED BY IBOS, STOP BUYING IBO. STOP PATRONIZING THEM, AND THEY WILL SOON REALISE THE FOLLY OF THEIR AMBITION.

This is a campaign to impoverish Igbos in Lagos and the South West because if this stated intent to rule over us. E don start be that o!
grin grin grin grin grin grin LOL

boycot what grin grin grin i think this started from tinubu
Re: I Foresee Igbo Becoming Lagos Gov By Okafor by djustice: 2:46pm On Aug 03, 2011
I agree that Asiwaju Vagabond started it, by giving Akabueze a cabinet position to help ensure that our money continues to flow to him.

However, based on my own personal experiences of ALWAYS never getting genuine goods from Ibo traders in Lagos state, I am making a conscious decision, now pushed by the stated ambition of theirs to rule us, to STOP buying from them.

Some things I need, I just call abroad now, and my relatives either in China, UK or US help me buy and send it over. I'm prepared to wait. I mean, imagine, even common light bulb, they can't buy original. Always fake.

I recently had some low energy light bulbs sent to me from the UK, cheaper than the fake Ibo products. It's 3 months now, and they're still working. The Ibo ones don't last more than 3 weeks.

You can keep buying from them if you want. ME, NO MORE IBO GOODS FOR ME SHA O!
Re: I Foresee Igbo Becoming Lagos Gov By Okafor by djustice: 3:53pm On Aug 03, 2011
Who are the persons moving this topic away from the front page? Moderators? You must allow free speech. If the Ibos are free to wish themselves on us as rulers, we are also free to wish their pauperisation by boycotting their businesses.

Why are you trying to appease them? Is this an Ibo site?
Re: I Foresee Igbo Becoming Lagos Gov By Okafor by Nobody: 4:35pm On Aug 03, 2011
A very tall dream. Ibos should make their state like Lagos by developing it. Please stop developing Lagos
Re: I Foresee Igbo Becoming Lagos Gov By Okafor by logica(m): 5:16pm On Aug 03, 2011
I am Ekiti but I was born in Lagos; yet I have no political aspirations in Lagos. If I want to jump into the pigsty we call politics in Nigeria, I will go back to my roots in Ekiti state to contest. Yet I am Yoruba. So exactly what is the point of this "Igbo Lagos Governor" campaign? If an Igbo governor can be better for Lagos, we would have seen the signs in the East already. I don't see it, but maybe someone smoking crack sees it.
Re: I Foresee Igbo Becoming Lagos Gov By Okafor by Onlytruth(m): 5:21pm On Aug 03, 2011
Posted by: okunoba

At last someone with some sense.

Personally, I don't think that Igbo in Lagos is out to "rule Yoruba" or any other group. They are simply there as Nigerians, and are exercising their constitutional right as Nigerians to aspire to political offices in their area of domicile. And if Nigeria continues to be one, they would do the same in ALL parts of Nigeria were they have the numbers.That is what One Nigeria is about. I lament the fact that some of your fathers fought against these same people you are scheming to oust from Lagos. When they wanted to go, your fathers refused and a WAR ensued which claimed the lives of 2 million innocent people. Now they are in Nigeria going about their legal affairs and folks are here fuming.

I also believe that Nigeria has not moved an inch forward since 1970 (everybody knows this). I believe it is because the winners of the war kept Igbo from Nigerian presidency. You may not agree with me about that, but is it evident that NOTHING has worked since then. So I wonder who loses from that.
Re: I Foresee Igbo Becoming Lagos Gov By Okafor by 2mch(m): 5:25pm On Aug 03, 2011
Onlytruth:

Posted by: okunoba
At last someone with some sense.

Personally, I don't think that Igbo in Lagos is out to "rule Yoruba" or any other group. They are simply there as Nigerians, and are exercising their constitutional right as Nigerians to aspire to political offices in their area of domicile. And if Nigeria continues to be one, they would do the same in ALL parts of Nigeria were they have the numbers.That is what One Nigeria is about. I lament the fact that some of your fathers fought against these same people you are scheming to oust from Lagos. When they wanted to go, your fathers refused and a WAR ensued which claimed the lives of 2 million innocent people. Now they are in Nigeria going about their legal affairs and folks are here fuming.

I also believe that Nigeria has not moved an inch forward since 1970 (everybody knows this). I believe it is because the winners of the war kept Igbo from Nigerian presidency. You may not agree with me about that, but is it evident that NOTHING has worked since then. So I wonder who loses from that.

Oh shut up. Igbo's are very good with propaganda. There maybe 10 Igbo's in one place, but the way they will shout you will think there are 10,000. If you are so passionate about Lagos, why do you go back to your state during holidays? There is still a connection to the east not so? Why not develop your state? One cannot have loyalty to both places. Pick one and change ethnicity otherwise, this is just lala land. A Yoruba can never be Ggovernor of an Igbo state, they will even be killed for suggesting such. Likewise, Yoruba will never let it happen. This is Nigeria afterall.
Re: I Foresee Igbo Becoming Lagos Gov By Okafor by Onlytruth(m): 5:27pm On Aug 03, 2011
As for boycotting Igbo business in Lagos, you should be careful about that because it will backfire.
Moreover, majority of those who make the difference as Igbo costumers are mainly from outside Lagos and SW. Infact a lot of their customers are from the East, North and OUTSIDE Nigeria (Africa). The type of money they control cannot be from locals. Understand that well.
And even if they don't do business, Lagos state loses tax money and infrastructure development would grind to a halt. Talk of one shooting himself in the foot.
Re: I Foresee Igbo Becoming Lagos Gov By Okafor by Onlytruth(m): 5:34pm On Aug 03, 2011
Posted by: 2mch

Oh shut up. Igbo's are very good with propaganda. There maybe 10 Igbo's in one place, but the way they will shout you will think there are 10,000. If you are so passionate about Lagos, why do you go back to your state during holidays? There is still a connection to the east not so? Why not develop your state? One cannot have loyalty to both places. Pick one and change ethnicity otherwise, this is just lala land. A Yoruba can never be Ggovernor of an Igbo state, they will even be killed for suggesting such. Likewise, Yoruba will never let it happen. This is Nigeria afterall.

Tewmuch,

You are one of the goats I ignore in nairaland because of your orang otan IQ levels, but I would respond this once to you.
If a Yoruba does not become governor or any other thing in Igboland, it would be because he NEVER had the numbers to back him up.  There is a general agreement that Igbo are the next largest population in Lagos after Yoruba.
So, they would get their interest taken care of as part stakeholders in the progress of Lagos state.
BTW Lagos was a federal capital territory, hence it attracted other Nigerian groups, Igbo included.
Igbo did not go to Abeokuta or Ibadan or Ogbomosho.
Re: I Foresee Igbo Becoming Lagos Gov By Okafor by 2mch(m): 5:37pm On Aug 03, 2011
Onlytruth:

Posted by: 2mch
Tewmuch,

You are one of the goats I ignore in nairaland because of your orang otan IQ levels, but I would respond this once to you.
If a Yoruba does not become governor or any other thing in Igboland, it would be because he NEVER had the numbers to back him up.  There is a general agreement that Igbo are the next largest population in Lagos after Yoruba.
So, they would get their interest taken care of as part stakeholders in the progress of Lagos state.
BTW Lagos was a federal capital territory, hence it attracted other Nigerian groups, Igbo included.
Igbo did not go to Abeokuta or Ibadan or Ogbomosho.

Onlytruth:

As for boycotting Igbo business in Lagos, you should be careful about that because it will backfire.
Moreover, majority of those who make the difference as Igbo costumers are mainly from outside Lagos and SW. Infact a lot of their customers are from the East, North and OUTSIDE Nigeria (Africa). The type of money they control cannot be from locals. Understand that well.
And even if they don't do business, Lagos state loses tax money and infrastructure development would grind to a halt. Talk of one shooting himself in the foot.  

hahahahhahahahahhaha! foo*l. Your IQ is like that of a mustard seed. See your comments sounding like a mumu. The people that are sold fake goods are very low income people. So your thought that anyone controls huge business is crap. You are talking out of ignorance. The only people that control big business in Lagos are those that can afford to sell authentic products. Even sweets for little kids, Igbo traders will sell fake. This is a very big problem to a very high percentage of people. And people now prefer to ask relatives abroad to send things for them than to buy from the market. This is why most traders have to carry drugs to sustain themselves. People will rather invest in quality TV's than buy TV or AC that will work for one week. grin grin cheesy. Ode. Igbo are not the next largest population in Lagos. And even if they are, they are not more that 15%. Quote me on that. Are you focusing on the polls that GEJ wanted to use the fact that Igbo's trade all over Nigeria to back up his numbers? abegi make we hear word. Agogo.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Shocking!! Egun are Not Yoruba---Dr. Pius Fasinu And The Ogu Collective / ‘Nigerian Army Is Crossing The Red Line’ – Turkish Diplomat, Abdulkadir Erkahram / FEC Approves 1.6bn For E-Government Procurement Platform To Check Corruption

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 121
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.