Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,575 members, 7,809,096 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 10:58 PM

Nigerian Government Shifts Blame On Petrol Price Increase - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Nigerian Government Shifts Blame On Petrol Price Increase (22295 Views)

Peter Obi Speaks On Petrol Subsidy / Petrol Price Increase: What Nigerians Should Know / Sagay: APC Leadership Deserves Blame On Bayelsa Governorship Conundrum (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Nigerian Government Shifts Blame On Petrol Price Increase by 2mercy: 9:03pm On Aug 01, 2022
The minister of state for petroleum says increased prices implemented in the last two weeks were "probably from the marketers".

The federal government has blamed petroleum marketers for the recent increase in petrol pump prices.

The Minister of State for Petroleum Resources, Timipre Sylva, said the government was still paying subsidy on petrol imported into the country.

“I can tell you authoritatively, we have not deregulated. The government is still subsidizing petrol prices. If there are increases in price, it is not from the government,” he told Journalists Monday at a stakeholders’ consultation forum on regulations organised by the Nigerian Midstream and Downstream Petroleum Regulatory Authority, (NMDPRA) in Abuja.

He said increased prices implemented in the last two weeks were “probably from the marketers”.

“I will talk to the Authority to ensure that they actually regulate the price. This is not from the government, we have not deregulated,” Mr Sylva said.

Fuel scarcity has continued in Abuja despite the government’s assurances the problem would be resolved.

Marketers had listed the high cost of buying petrol at the depots and the high cost of diesel to truck them as the major factors responsible for the scarcity.

The Independent Petroleum Marketers Association of Nigeria (IPMAN) said its members could not sell at the government-regulated price given increased costs.

In July, Abuja marketers increased the pump price of petrol with several stations selling the product above N165 a litre.

Some filling stations within the city centre sell petrol at N180. Mr Sylva did not say why the government has failed to enforce its price.

He said fuel queues in Abuja were gradually disappearing — the same claim the government has made for months without a permanent solution.

“The queues in Abuja are going but I don’t know whether you are seeing more queues but a lot is being done,” he said.

“I noticed that the queues are already disappearing. There are some issues, I believe that the authority chief executive of NMDPRA will be in a better position to explain some of the problems.

“But a lot is going on to ensure that the queues end. As of yesterday, I noticed that the queues in Abuja are easing off,” he added.

https://www.premiumtimesng.com/news/headlines/546242-nigerian-govt-shifts-blame-on-petrol-price-increase.html

Re: Nigerian Government Shifts Blame On Petrol Price Increase by Gondonu: 9:12pm On Aug 01, 2022
Liars! When government is still fixing petrol price and operating moribund refineries as corruption ventures?

73 Likes 6 Shares

Re: Nigerian Government Shifts Blame On Petrol Price Increase by lonelydora: 2:02am On Aug 02, 2022
The greatest problem with this APC government is they keep explaining the issues to Nigerians rather than solve it.

For fvck sake, you are elected to solve a problem, don't explain to us, solve the damn problem.

Meanwhile,

Ihube - Uturu
Okigwe - Lokpanta
Abuja - Kaduna
Lokoja - Abuja (Low key)
Kontangora - Yauri
Funtua - Dutse
Auchi - Okene

These roads have become impassable due to the activities of bandits/kîdnappers.

114 Likes 12 Shares

Re: Nigerian Government Shifts Blame On Petrol Price Increase by zerwa: 2:03am On Aug 02, 2022
What happened to the Petroleum Products Pricing Regulatory Agency (PPPRA). I thought they use to go from station to station monitoring the pump price in stations. They once sealed a fuel station in my hood for selling 175.l but now Dem sef don dey collect bribe. Nawa oo

16 Likes 1 Share

Re: Nigerian Government Shifts Blame On Petrol Price Increase by kabasa24: 2:03am On Aug 02, 2022
y now, anyway the government is trying is best
Re: Nigerian Government Shifts Blame On Petrol Price Increase by fernandoc(m): 2:04am On Aug 02, 2022
APC will blame anything or anyone but themselves.

25 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Nigerian Government Shifts Blame On Petrol Price Increase by Johnny147147: 2:05am On Aug 02, 2022
There are evil cabals holding the progress of the nation to ransom... Hence the barrage of any well informed and intelligent progressive minded persons from assuming the highest leadership office...

Wickedness

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Nigerian Government Shifts Blame On Petrol Price Increase by emmabest2000(m): 2:05am On Aug 02, 2022
Lol

39 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Nigerian Government Shifts Blame On Petrol Price Increase by Xscape047: 2:05am On Aug 02, 2022
Nawao ....their problem too much ...last last they're cashing out big time ,,

Meanwhile...

I'm looking for experienced professional writers....quick Jobs and prompt payment

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Nigerian Government Shifts Blame On Petrol Price Increase by Toneypen247(m): 2:07am On Aug 02, 2022
Let the blame game continue in circles.... lipsrsealed

Kindly check my signature below
Re: Nigerian Government Shifts Blame On Petrol Price Increase by kennosklint(m): 2:08am On Aug 02, 2022
angry grin cheesy Government of blames, by the blames and for the blames

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Government Shifts Blame On Petrol Price Increase by Johnny147147: 2:10am On Aug 02, 2022
As rich as Nigeria in oil we still can't even afford it... And u expect the Naira not to be weak?
Re: Nigerian Government Shifts Blame On Petrol Price Increase by akinmusi(m): 2:10am On Aug 02, 2022
Make una continue.

With wickedness

2 Likes

Re: Nigerian Government Shifts Blame On Petrol Price Increase by WonderManly(m): 2:12am On Aug 02, 2022
You see! Nigerian Government now totally confused...

5 Likes

Re: Nigerian Government Shifts Blame On Petrol Price Increase by JooEeL(m): 2:13am On Aug 02, 2022
ZOOGERIA!
Re: Nigerian Government Shifts Blame On Petrol Price Increase by MEGA4BILLION(m): 2:15am On Aug 02, 2022
Confused set of people.

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Government Shifts Blame On Petrol Price Increase by zoedew: 2:20am On Aug 02, 2022
Shameless lot. Resign if you cannot run a responsible government. You guys lack Shame and your names are gone to the dogs. Thoroughly irresponsible lot! grin

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Nigerian Government Shifts Blame On Petrol Price Increase by Qtrpst4: 2:25am On Aug 02, 2022
Tilumbu is a drug baron and his VP a boko haram.

Nah the only one way I know be that.
Why waste energy on a lifeless mennaquine. As if una no know when una elect am

10 Likes 1 Share

Re: Nigerian Government Shifts Blame On Petrol Price Increase by seunny4lif(m): 2:29am On Aug 02, 2022
grin grin grin grin grin
Re: Nigerian Government Shifts Blame On Petrol Price Increase by Chiedu4Trump: 2:30am On Aug 02, 2022
lonelydora:
The greatest problem with this APC government is they keep explaining the issues to Nigerians rather than solve it.

For fvck sake, you are elected to solve a problem, don't explain to us, solve the damn problem.

Meanwhile,

Ihube - Uturu
Okigwe - Lokpanta
Abuja - Kaduna
Lokoja - Abuja (Low key)
Kontangora - Yauri
Funtua - Dutse
Auchi - Okene

These roads have become impassable due to the activities of bandits/kîdnappers.
And Enugu-P’Harcourt highway!

The Presence of ESN hindered Fulani Herdsmen.
This is why the Army went after ESN to stop them fighting the Fulani Herdsmen.

https://twitter.com/vanguardngrnews/status/1554247676727787521

4 Likes

Re: Nigerian Government Shifts Blame On Petrol Price Increase by unclejb2(m): 2:33am On Aug 02, 2022
This government is the most corrupt in the history of Nigeria. Doubled fuel price and still doubled the amount being paid as subsidy.

2 Likes

Re: Nigerian Government Shifts Blame On Petrol Price Increase by confluence: 2:37am On Aug 02, 2022
how do i contact you regarding writing
Xscape047:
Nawao ....their problem too much ...last last they're cashing out big time ,,

Meanwhile...

I'm looking for experienced professional writers....quick Jobs and prompt payment

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Government Shifts Blame On Petrol Price Increase by Xscape047: 2:47am On Aug 02, 2022
confluence:
how do i contact you regarding writing

Hi olu..

What's your WhatsApp number so we can get started already?
Re: Nigerian Government Shifts Blame On Petrol Price Increase by gambojimeta: 2:53am On Aug 02, 2022
Lol

Cost or petrol is going down all over the world but increasing in Nigeria.
Re: Nigerian Government Shifts Blame On Petrol Price Increase by Blue3k(m): 2:55am On Aug 02, 2022
Anti market polices doing exactly what you'd expect. Lol I'm impressed they shot themselves in both feet and kept pushing forward.

“I can tell you authoritatively, we have not deregulated. The government is still subsidizing petrol prices. If there are increases in price, it is not from the government,”

“I will talk to the Authority to ensure that they actually regulate the price. This is not from the government, we have not deregulated,” 

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Government Shifts Blame On Petrol Price Increase by coolvitus(m): 2:56am On Aug 02, 2022
Nigeria is not created for Nigerians how many times we go tell una that? Wake up support the division of this company called Nigeria and be glad you did

4 Likes

Re: Nigerian Government Shifts Blame On Petrol Price Increase by Triangles1(m): 3:06am On Aug 02, 2022
On OBASANJO voice.

What I learned during my military training was never to reinforce failure, but BuBu tenure kisses failure on daily basis.

3 Likes

Re: Nigerian Government Shifts Blame On Petrol Price Increase by Nobody: 3:08am On Aug 02, 2022
grin grin grin We expect Nothing less from the Lousy Minister of Petroleum. Always shifting the blame after Fûcking up like the Retárd that he is . grin

4 Likes

Re: Nigerian Government Shifts Blame On Petrol Price Increase by edungene7: 3:13am On Aug 02, 2022
Guinness book of record the most irresponsible Party / government in world history goes to APC and d Buhari led administration always finding excuses for failure and expressing shock thereafter

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Nigerian Government Shifts Blame On Petrol Price Increase by Nobody: 3:16am On Aug 02, 2022
Hmmm
Re: Nigerian Government Shifts Blame On Petrol Price Increase by Vicmareal: 3:17am On Aug 02, 2022
I'm a professional writer with a Masters in English and a ten-year writing experience. Can we talk?

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Free School Buses For Children In Rivers State (Photos) / Bakare: Religious Leaders Visit Buhari Just To Take Photographs / 2019 Presidency: What Peter Obi Did To Me In 2014 – Gov. El-rufai

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 23
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.